Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MINI Cooper Lease Questions

Comments

• vpekavpeka Member Posts: 1
    I configured a 2013 MINI Cooper S Hardtop with MSRP $28395 (including $795 destination charge). A dealership offered me $1500 out-of-pocket at signing and a $400 monthly, for 36 months and 10k miles/year lease.

The money factor for this calculation is 0.00165, which is on the higher end of the spectrum. The manager insist he cannot get better than this. But with the high money factor, I am not sure if I am getting a good deal.

What is your take on this? Do you think it is a good deal?
  • autojack11autojack11 Member Posts: 39
    Hi CarMan -- are you away? Hope you are having fun!

I would really appreciate your help after receiving conflicting info from several dealers.

For top tier credit - what is the best I can hope for on a 15k lease? Or, is buying at 0.9% a worse or better idea knowing I will definitely sell/trade in 3 years? Thanks for your help!
  • teodulogteodulog Member Posts: 5
    Were can I get Money Factors and Residuals? Been looking online and haven't found anything accept a few tidbits on this forum. Looking for the info for a Hardtop, Paceman and Contryman.
  • ricksterm3ttricksterm3tt Member Posts: 5
    Can someone please provide the Residuals and Money factor for top tier credit for a Mini Cooper Roadster JCW fully loaded for 36 months 10K and 12K miles.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    You'll have to use BMW's standard money factor (figure .0020 or higher), and the residual is 49% and 48% respectively...

The JCW models have terrible residuals... they don't lease out very well..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ricksterm3ttricksterm3tt Member Posts: 5
    Thanks!!!
  • coolbrzmcdcoolbrzmcd Member Posts: 6
    Would you be able to share the current September 2013 Base Rate Money factor and Residual value for a 2013 Countryman Cooper S 36 month, 12,000 miles/yr lease?

Thanks,
    Mike
    .00125 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jc2527jc2527 Member Posts: 8
    Hello - thanks always for your help.

After jumping back and forth on many vehicle options, we finally settled on Mini Clubman (base). There's a national deal running on 2013 models till 9/30 but it doesn't have all the options I'm looking for. I did get the residual information (64%) by using MSRP and residual value listed in the disclaimer. I'm assuming I can negotiate MF down to 0.00125.

Can you confirm the Residual and MF for 2013 clubman base on a 3yr 10k miles/yr lease?

I'd also like to find out same for 2014 model as I'm having tough time finding right combination in remaining 2013 stocks in my area (NJ).

Lastly, is there an incentive running on either 2013 or 2014 models now? I'm not seeing much discount for 2013 models.

Thanks!
    I show .00125 MF and 62% residual on a base 2013 Clubman for 36mo/10K.

.00127 and 61% residual for the 2014...

I don't have incentive information.... but, it seems the incentives are built into that high residual on the 2013 model...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mel07079mel07079 Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2013
    Looking for residuals and MF for Mini Cooper S Convertible. Top tier credit and 10K miles per year for 36 months. Also does Mini do multiple security deposits?
    2014?

.00127 MF and 56% residual..

I don't have the answer on MSDs, but MINI FS is essentially the same as BMWFS, so I would guess that they are available.. (I'm wrong a lot, though.lol)

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• apa1128apa1128 Member Posts: 12
    Can you provide the numbers for October on the Countryman S All4? I was quoted with a base rate of .0021 and a residual of 58%. 5% seems extremely high for top tier credit. I'm in Denver. Thanks.
    2014? Countryman S All4 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00127 and 58%

I assumed 10K/yr, because the residual matches... Not sure how a MINI dealer could mark up your MF to .0021, unless you have less than top tier credit.. or, they quoted you the MF for the JCW model..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yes, 2014 and it's 12K per year. I have top tier credit and have leased 2 BMW's through BMWFS so I guess they're just trying to jack me. The response I got t his morning was that the lower MF needs a security deposit and waiver from BMWFS, which I also do not believe to be true. I've never had to do that with BMW, so I don't know why this situation would be any different.
    I'm not sure that MINI counts BMWFS leases for owner loyalty, etc... even though it's the same company..

But, they can mark up the MF by .0004, add .00015 for waiving the security deposit, and then .00035, if you asked them to waive the acquisition fee.. All of that would get you to .00217...

But, go ahead.. pay the acquisition fee, make the security deposit, and the most they can hit you with is .00167, which is still marked up... I'd insist on the .00127 and ask them what it takes to make it happen.. At least then, you are working with apples to apples..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

That's what I'm doing - I'll keep the forum posted and post the deal if it happens. Going to try to go with the loyalty route.

thanks kyfdx
  • jcockerjcocker Member Posts: 18
    Hi kyfdx,

Can you tell me what the October 2013 Money Factor and Residual are for both cars both years?
    36 months - 15k miles

2013 - MINI Hardtop S
    2014 - MINI Hardtop S

2013 - MINI Clubman S
    2014 - MINI Clubman S

Going to Motor-tober event this weekend and want to be ready...
    Thank you very much in advance,
    Jarvis
    :shades:
    2013 - MINI Hardtop S 36 mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00125 MF and 56% residual

2014 - MINI Hardtop S
    .00127 MF and 57% residual

2013 - MINI Clubman S
    .00125 MF and 59% residual

2014 - MINI Clubman S
    .00127 MF and 58% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• shad0wshad0w Member Posts: 1
    Hi kyfdx.

I am looking to either lease or finance the countryman all4 s. do you have the lease residual and money factor for 36mos 10k miles?

Also, I may want to do the mini select financing. Do you have the balloon Payment residual and apr?

Has anyone on the forums done a risk/reward analysis on these 2 options? I just feel the residuals are fairly low on mini coopers and think the mini select is the better option if going to flip the car within 3 years.

Thanks.
    P.s. how do you get this information? Have access to a dealer or something?
    2014 Countryman S All4 36 mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00127 MF and 58% residual

I'm not all that familiar with Select Financing.. but, it's only available in certain states.. and, the APRs always seem to be pretty high..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jcleme1537jcleme1537 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Carman can you tell me about this deal?

2014 Countryman S loaded
    MSRP 33,000
    12k miles per year
    $1000 total drive off
    36/mos

$545/mo

Sounds high to me but according to the mini dealer, they don't really haggle on prices due to the high demand of a fully loaded countryman. Can anyone please tell me is this is true? I usually buy BMW so MINI is a brand new experience for me.
  • itzcarollitzcaroll Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Hi there -

Just want to share my experience as I recently got a 2014 Countryman and I was somewhat in the same position as you. I started out wanting to lease the countryman. I didn't want to make a big purchase and had been enjoying leasing a car (was leasing a Honda Insight), but I went with the Mini Select Program because I want to retain my equity. Since you would be paying almost 50% of the car in the next 3 years, I figured it would better to acquire as you could get back some of your equity than throwing away in leasing a Mini.

So here is some hard numbers I got during the negotiation process:

2014 Mini Countryman (White) - Purchased in CA
    - equipped with sunroof, armrest, and flat load floor
    MSRP: 25,645
    Final Price: 24,445

CS (Experian): 701
    Brought $1000 for deposit

Lease Program - 36 Months, Money factor 0.00167, Residual 57%
    $1300 down $388

Mini Select Program (First Offer) - 60 Mos, 6.49% APR, 12,000 Miles
    $1000 down $355
    $1250 down $350
    $1500 down $345

After some negotiating... (final offer) - 60 Mos, 3.99%, 12,000 Miles
    $1000 down $359
    (added in extended 7yrs/100,000mls warranty)
    Looking to lease the above car. I need to get the car created to my configuration bc the dealers locally do not have the color/options I want. The MSRP is $32,695 + dest charge. I want the lowest possible MF and don't want to put down more than I need to. Also want to use the MSD program which the dealer confirmed that they offer. Can someone provide the MF as well as the TMV, and residual value. I have top tier credit and no reason I should not get the best possible rate. I want to do a 3 yr lease with 5000 miles/yr. kyfdx- you quoted a MF of .00127 and 56% RV which I assume are still current. Anyone know anything about the MSD program?
    I don't have updated November numbers, but those are the numbers for October.. (36 month, 10K/yr)

The MSD program lowers the money factor by .00007 for each MSD, up to 7 additional deposits, for a total reduction of .00049... that would lower the .00127 MF to .00078.

Dealers can mark-up the money factor for extra profit, and many of them do.. the maximum mark-up is .0004

Sorry that I don't have the updated numbers..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Ok. So I am ready to move forwad and got the #s from the dealer for a MSRP $32,400 Cooper S convertible that they are reducing by $1000. They quoted me for a 36 month, 5000 miles/year lease a 58%RV and a MF of 0.00121 with 7 MSD's. Total montly lease (nothing down, not financing any of the fees and NJ sales tax paid upfront) of $421. I think the MF is way off here. Esp since it's a 5000 mile/year lease. Any advice? Any new numbers you have I can work with?
  • spathy320spathy320 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

This will be my first time leasing a car and I've been doing a lot of research and trying to follow this forum to figure out the best deal.

Here are the numbers I got from a dealer in CA:
    Mini Cooper Convertible '14
    MSRP: $29,341
    10k/36 months
    $3000 down payment
    Monthly payment: $437

Does anyone have the Nov MF and RV?

Any advice would be appreciate...
    New info... when I told dealer about the 0.00078 MF with the 7 MSDs, they came back to me with that rate. Thanks! So that's good. But should it be even lower since that's with 10,000 miles/year??? I need to know if I can go back to them and ask for an even lower MF. Anyone know anything about a 5000 mile/yr lease MF??

Also, their bank fee is $925!!! I've never seen a fee that high. That's on top of $575 in DMV and document fees. Is this # negotiable??
    The base acquisition fee is $725.. the bank allows them to mark it up by $200 for extra profit...

The money factor is the same... regardless of mileage allowance... The only thing that changes is the residual... It's great you got them to drop the mark-up to the money factor, though.. How much did that lower the payment?

I'm not familiar with 5000 mile leases, but a 2% increase over the residual of the 10K/yr lease sounds about right.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Not sure I am calculating the difference correctly but it seems like I save $900 over the term of the lease by going from 0.00121 to 0.00078.

Should I try and get the $200 taken off the acquisition fee?

Also, there was no mention of the $750 dest fee nor the $750 You-if-ication credit they are offering for their base 2014 S Convertible lease special online. Should I ingnore these? The rate I was quoted was $399/mo.
    $900 savings seems about right...

Try for everything you can get..... they dropped the money factor bump, pretty quickly..

The destination fee should already be calculated into the deal.. .it's part of the MSRP and should be part of any negotiated price.. Any attempt to add that later is just bad faith bargaining..

I'm not familiar with the $750 credit, but you should definitely bring it up... If they say it's already included in their deal, give them your best incredulous look and say, "You mean you are only giving me $250 off the MSRP??!!"

If you are willing to take the deal on the table, then asking for more can't hurt... you can only win...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ghetto2315ghetto2315 Member Posts: 40
    Could somebody please tell me what the MF and Residual is for 36/15K for a 2014 Clubman (non-S or JCW). Thank you!
  • winston0708winston0708 Member Posts: 1
    We are looking at leasing car this week.
    Understand November residual and MF for 36m/10kpa 57.5% and 0.00127 respectively.
    Would appreciate someone confirming.
    Further, we are being told that $725 lease acquisition fee can be waived against corresponding increase in MF of 0.00035.
    Looks like a no brainer at approx. USD19/month.
    For reference, we are being offered USD1500 discount over MSRP35k plus USD750 you-ification credit.
    Do not think we can push dealer much more, however want to ensure MF and residual correct.
    Many thanks for help.
    I'm sorry, but we don't have the November MINI lease numbers..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yeah... on MINIs, taking the acquisition fee waiver can work in your favor.. Here, you save about $50, but you also take away the chance for the dealer to mark up the acquisition fee by $200...

It really pays off on shorter term leases..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Ok. Going to the dealer tomorrow. Final set of questions:
    1) Is RV calculated from MSRP or net cap cost?
    2) Is depreciation calculated from MSRP - RV or Cap Cost-RV?
    MSRP X residual% = Residual

CAP Cost - Residual = Depreciation

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jcockerjcocker Member Posts: 18

Hi kyfdx,

Can you tell me the December Money Factor and Residual for:
    2013 Mini Hardtop S
    15k / 36mo

Thanks,
    Jarvis

2013 MINI Cooper S Hardtop Coupe 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00120 MF and 55% residual
    $1000 lease cash, and no security deposit required.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bergstiefelbergstiefel Member Posts: 11

Could somebody please tell me what the current Money Factor and Residual Percentage is for 36 month, 12,000 mile/year lease on a 2013 Mini Cooper S?

My understanding is the acquisition fee is $795, but can be marked up to $995 by the dealer, or it may also be waived for an increase in the Money Factor. The Residual Percentage is applied against the MSRP of the vehicle, while the Cap Cost is based on the negotiated price. If I have any misconceptions here, I would welcome some clarification. Thanks in advance.

.00125 MF and 58% residual. There is also $1000 of lease cash on this model.

All of your assumptions are correct, except I think the acquisition fee numbers are $725 and $925. Also, there is no security deposit required on this model, this month.

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• swimskibikeswimskibike Member Posts: 1

Hi Car_man, could you please let us know the December MF and residual % for the MINI Countryman All4 '14 36 months, 12K and 15K mi/year (if possible). Happy holidays and thanks in advance!

• wille0nwille0n Member Posts: 3

Hello,
    Can you please let me know the December MF and residual % for the '14 Mini Paceman 36 mo, 12k and 15k? Thank yoU!!

@swimskibike said:
    Hi Car_man, could you please let us know the December MF and residual % for the MINI Countryman All4 '14 36 months, 12K and 15K mi/year (if possible). Happy holidays and thanks in advance!

.00125 MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease

Add 2% for 12K/yr

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@wille0n said:
    Hello,
    Can you please let me know the December MF and residual % for the '14 Mini Paceman 36 mo, 12k and 15k? Thank yoU!!

.00125 MF and 55% for 36mo, 15K/yr lease

Add 2% for 12K/yr

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• flzriderflzrider Member Posts: 3

1st time poster here. This looks like a great forum for lease information.

I'm looking for the MF and Residual % for the 2014 Mini Countryman S for a 36 month, 10k miles/yr lease.

Thanks in advance!

• joshknotjoshknot Member Posts: 20

Hi there kyfdx; hoping you can share the current Residual % and Money Factor for three different 2014 models: Cooper S Coupe, Cooper S Roadster and Cooper S Hardtop. Looking for 36 months at 12k miles/yr in all cases.

Additionally, curious what the residual value impact would be if I went with 10k miles vs. the 12k.

Any insight you can provide will be greatly appreciated- thanks!

2014 S Coupe: .00127 MF and 58% residual

2014 S Roadster: .00123 MF and 57% residual

I don't have any numbers for the 2014 Hardtop, which leads me to believe it isn't in dealers, this month...

2013 S Hardtop: .00127 MF and 57%, with $1000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• marlinsfanmarlinsfan Member Posts: 2

Hi KYFDX! Can you tell me what the lease terms should be (MF, Residual, acquistion fee, security deposit)? 2014 Countryman S All4. MSRP is $33045. Dealer says Sale Price (either lease or buy) is $30,545 ($2500 off MSRP). lease is 36 months, 15k miles per year. He's asking for $3k down and $359/month. Using my formulas, numbers don't add up. I have 800+ credit score. In New Jersey if that matters.
    Thanks!

.00120 MF and 56% residual.

I show $1000 of lease cash, $1000 Youification credit and $500 lease loyalty (if you qualify)... so, with $2000 of incentives from MINI, $2500 off isn't amazing.. That said, I haven't shopped for a MINI in about 5 years.. I'm not sure what the acquisition fee is.. but it's $725 for BMW, so that's a good guess for MINI, as well..

Your $3000 down? Is that the total due at signing? Or, is it $3000 downpayment + 1st payment + security deposit + acquisition fee? Taxes included, or not? Security deposit is always the payment amount rounded up to the next $50 increment ($400 in this case).

If you just take the selling price, and deduct the $3000 down, the payment would be about $307/mo, pre-tax... Add in $725 acquisition fee and around $1100 in taxes, plus $400 for NJ registration.. Then, you are up to about $370/mo..

So.. their numbers look pretty spot on, to me... if it includes tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.