Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Sentra Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello ed108. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Sentra 2.0S with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are an extremely attractive .00006 and 67%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi jmcgonigal. The $1,500 customer cash incentive that Nissan is currently providing on the 2008 Sentra is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • leeshuckleeshuck Member Posts: 73
    I received this quote from a local dealer for a 2008 Nissan Sentra Base Model with CVT. It looks good to me, but I though I would post here for any expert feedback. Thanks, Lee

Invoice MSRP

BASE $15,387 $16,040

FLO $130 $165
    MATS W/O DIVIDER

SGD $106 $140
    SPLASH GUARDS

Freight Charge $660 $660

Total Invoice: $16,283 MSRP :$17,005

Monthly Payment : $255 including tax ($ 237 BEFORE TAX)
    Term : 24 months
    Mileage: 12000 miles per year

Lease Rate: 0.00006

Term: 24
    Lease Institution: NMACL
    Base Monthly Rental: $ 237.29
    Use Tax: 7.7500%$ 18.39
    M.S.R.P.: $ 17,005.00
    Total Monthly Payment: $ 255.68
    Mnthy/Ann Expect M: 12,000
    Mileage Penalty Rate: $ 0.15
    License Fees: $ 171.00
    Residual %: 66.00%
    Residual Value: $ 11,223.30
    CapTax1 Rt/Amt: 7.7500%

Initial Cap Cost: $ 16,283.00
    Bank Fee: $ 595.00
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $ 16,878.00

Drive Off: $ 483.92
  • wdomkr03wdomkr03 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide me with the current NMAC lease programs (residuals and money factor rates) on the Nissan Sentra 2.0 S & SL? I'm interested in 24 and 36 month programs with 12 and 15K options. I'm trying to find the best lease deal for my mother. She's always liked Nissan's product but it open to any make at this point. Do you have any recommendations for other vehicle which currently have great lease programs? She's would like to be 250 or under with only her first payment down (adding taxes and fees into the lease). Only vehicle requirement is a height adjustable driver seat and good visibility.

Thank you!
    Hello wdomkr03. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Sentra 2.0 S with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00325 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00325 and 53%. Interestingly, the numbers for the '08 Sentra SL are exactly the same.

NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Sentra 2.0 S with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00325 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00325 and 53%.

As far as similar cars that have better lease programs goes, your mother may want to take a look at the Toyota Corolla, Toyota Matrix, Mazda3, and Volkswagen Jetta. Even the unsupported lease program for the Honda civic isn't too bad.

Car_man
    Host
  • noah12345noah12345 Member Posts: 2
    I need to know if I am getting a good deal..

Nissan sentra...bottom of the line...

24 month lease..18000 miles a year... NO MONEY DOWN,,,$339 per month

how is this
    Hi noah12345. The best way to tell how good a deal this is is to look at this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • guamjoguamjo Member Posts: 6
    Just received the following quote on a 39 month lease on a Nissan Sentra FE+2.0S

MSRP - $18785
    Negotiated price - $17300 (Includes cost of splash guards, trunk/floor mats)
    Residual Rate - 58%
    Money Factor - .00062
    Down Payment - $1540 (includes all fees, taxes, DMV fees, 1st month payment)
    Monthly Payment - $180

Is this a decent deal or can I do better?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thx!
  • leetchie69leetchie69 Member Posts: 10
    I know Nissan is running a deal right now for their SR model.

Are there similar numbers for the SL trim model?

12k miles
    Hi leetchie69. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Sentra SR with 15,000 miles per year are .00254 and 64%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • griftagrifta Member Posts: 8
    Car_man,

Please let me know if this deal is good.

Nissan Sentra 2010 SR w/ Convenience Package, Floor Mats, Splash Guards

MSRP: $18,840
    Sale Price: $18,038
    Down Payment: $0 (nothing down, nothing out of pocket)
    Money Factor: .00254
    Lease Term: 39mths
    Res: 64%

Monthly Payment w/ NYS Tax (8.875%) $249.24
    Hi grifta. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s November buy rate lease money factor for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Sentra SR is .00238. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses that factor to calculate your car's payment.

As far as the selling price goes, the car that you described probably has a spread of around $1,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That means that the $800 dealer discount that you are being given is probably equivalent to around $500 over invoice. That's not bad, but given the fact that there's some dealer cash floating around out there right now I personally wouldn't be surprised if you were able to shave another couple hundred dollars off of this car's price if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition and have the time to shop around.

Car_man
    Host
  • tc2010tc2010 Member Posts: 2
    I had Leased a 2002 Sentra SER 15k a year for 36 months and what the dealer said is true, i was able to buy a 2005 Sentra 1.8S special edition for 300.00 per month for 48 months my previous lease payment was 272.00, If the Lease is through NMAC then they will also give you up too 1000.00 for any excess wear on your lease.
  • belbivbelbiv Member Posts: 1
    Carman,

I was hoping you could help me find the money factor and lease options for the 2010 Nissan Sentra SE-R and the SE-R Spec V. I was looking for a 39 month lease. What is the range over Dealer invoice I should expect to pay? Any special rebates or incentives I should know about? Thank you so much!
    I'd be happy to help you out, belbiv. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Sentra SE-R with 15,000 miles per year are .00222 and 61%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Sentra SE-R Spec V are .00222 and 59%.

Normally on a Sentra, I would shoot for a selling price of couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice. However, I'm not sure if the fact that you are interested in the SE-R and Spec V alters that. It's possible that they are in shorter supply and demand a premium to what one would have to pay for lower Sentra trim levels. Try stopping by the "Nissan Sentra Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see if any other community members have purchased similar Sentras lately.

Car_man
    Host
  • 996twint996twint Member Posts: 35
    I'm looking for January Residual and Money Factor for the Sentra SR.
    Also I've seen the advertised manufacturer's lease. Is it possible to get a better deal than the $149?
    996twint, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Sentra SR with 15,000 miles per year are .00222 and 62%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. :Let me know if you want something different.

As far as the lease payment that you saw goes. Generally speaking, manufacturers' official advertised payments do usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices than the ones that are used to arrive at officially advertised payments.

Having said this, you need to keep in mind that your effective monthly payment will likely actually be higher than the one in the ad. This is because you will have to add sales tax to the payment if your state requires it. Furthermore, consumers usually want better equipped models than the base ones that are advertised. Also, it is in your best interest to go with a zero down lease instead of making the $2,270 capitalized cost reduction that is required to arrive at the payment in the ad.

Car_man
    Host
  • nvstacynvstacy Member Posts: 14
    Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me out as I am new to lease negotiations. I am looking to lease a 2010 Nissan Sentra SL for 39 months, 12K, $0 down. The dealer quoted on a car listed online at MSRP $20230 with $1000 rebate, so it's final listing price is $19230. They quoted $278+ tax. Is that a fair price? Any info would be appreciated.
    Hi vegasviva. The $1,000 incentive that you mentioned is being paid for by Nissan and has nothing to do with the dealer. That means that the dealer is essentially trying to sell you a high-volume vehicle at full MSRP, which is not a good deal. If I was in the market for a 2010 Sentra right now, I'd shoot for $500 over to straight invoice as a selling price. You can look up the exact invoice price for the car that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • soler_msportssoler_msports Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    Hello Car_man

How are residual values figured out? Are they based on MSRP or actual selling price?

I have a deal on a fully loaded SL for $18,100 (MSRP of approx. $22,300). I'm only putting down enough to cover TTL, so I'm financing the whole $18,100 selling price. Using 36 months, 15k miles/year, 62% res. value and 0.0022 money factor, the difference in payment is $73/month between applying the 62% to the MSRP ($184) and to the selling price ($257) using Edmund's lease calculator. Do these numbers add up? Are these rates current (62%, 0.0022)?

Also, if I decide to buy to buy the car at the end of the lease, how is the selling price determined? Is it the same as the residual value determined at time of purchase? Is that price set in stone or can it be negotiated?

One last question; can the residual value and money factor be negotiated or are those fixed values from Nissan?

Thanks!

Javier S.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I have a quote from a dealer on a 2010 Sentra SR with CVT, $179/mo. for 39 months with 0 down, and first payment, tax, license up front. Is this a good deal? The advertised lease special on this car is $149/month but with about $1800 down, plus first payment and fees. So the $179 seems like a pretty good deal. Yes?

This is for 12k miles per year, but I don't drive more than 8k a year. Is it possible to get a lower payment for that low of miles, or is 12k as low as they'll go?
    Hi Javier. Vehicles residual values are always based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that are allowed to be residualized.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 010 Sentra SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00177 and 61%, respectively.

If the bank that you are leasing through not willing to negotiate your vehicle's end-of-term purchase option price at the end of your lease, and more often than not they aren't, then yes your car's residual value is what it will cost to buy it.

Nissan sets the residual value and buy rate lease money factor for vehicles. Dealers are not allowed to alter vehicles' residual values nor are they allowed to use a lower money factor than the buy rate. Many banks allow dealers to mark up vehicles' money factors to a higher rate to bake additional, hidden, back-end profit into deals. That's why it is important for consumers to find out what the buy rate is for the model that they're interested in prior to committing to lease it.

Car_man
    Host
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    If you are looking to lease a Sentra, I am seeing some very good deals advertised this weekend. Best I've seen is $179/mo. for 39 months, 12k a year, for a 2.0S, sign-and-drive (includes everything including first payment, tax, license - zero out of pocket). That compares to $189/mo from same dealer network for a Civic VP AT and $199/mo for an Elantra GLS AT (both sign-and-drive). It's even a little better than I did 2 months ago; I got $179/month, but I had to make the first payment. :( Got a free DVD player and portable nav system though. :)
  • djjp100djjp100 Member Posts: 6
    Just wanted to know if anyone knows the current residual value and money factor on a 2010 Nissan Sentra SL...the model I want is fully loaded except for the interior accent lighting. I was told 60% with a money factor of .00160 by the dealership. It's a 39 month lease with 12k miles a year allowance. They wanted $1500 down plus $500 for my trade in and they offered me $235 a month (which seemed like a very high number). They also offered me another model without the Tech package or any premium packages for $179 a month (although it's not the color I want). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi djjp100. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Sentra SL with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Nissan is currently providing between $500 and $1,500 in cash incentives on leases of this car. I would be happy to tell you what the exact amount is in your region if you tell me what state you are in.

Car_man
    Host
  • paga1498paga1498 Member Posts: 2
    I am about to enter what I think is a good deal, 2.0 S with floor mats msrp 18,000ish with dest. charge. 39 month lease, 39,000 miles allowed acq. fee of 595 plus taxes & fees plus 1st mo. payment down. 395 disposition fee at end. Price 14,499 and lease for 149 / month. Zip code 14901. I don't know money factor or resid. value used. Can you help please?
  • paga1498paga1498 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    A quick follow up to above post...are acq. fees and disposition fees standard or should i consider the 595 and 395 just another way to add 1,000 to the selling price of 14,499? The 14,499 I know is a good deal...it is below dealer invoice.
    Hi paga1498. Nissan Motor Acceptance Cor.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Sentra S with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

NMAC charges an acquisition fee and disposition fee on every vehicle that it leases. This money isn't going into the dealer's pocket, it goes straight to NMAC. You cannot have these charges waived. You can either pay the $595 at lease signing or have it added to your car's capitalized cost to bake it into your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • jayded6jayded6 Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man,
    Would you be able to provide lease information (money factors and residuals, etc) for both a 2010 Sentra SE-R and a 2011 Sentra SE-R? Thanks in advance! Jay
  • jayded6jayded6 Member Posts: 4
    I forgot to provide some more info that you might need. I'm planning on 12k miles per year and would prefer between 24-39 month leases. Thanks again.
    Jay
    I'd be happy to help you out, Jay.

NMAC's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Sentra SE-R with 12,000 miles per year are .00127 and 61%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00194 and 65%.

Nissan is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the Sentra in select regions.

Car_man
    Host
  • bridgecrossbridgecross Member Posts: 4
    I'm getting wildly differing payments from various dealers here in the NY area (Westchester). Does anybody have current money factor and residual info? I'm looking at 2011 Sentra S and SR, midway through November already. Thanks in advance!
    Oh, I forgot; 12,000 miles for 39 months. Do they use differing money factors for different models?
    Hi Car Man!
    Do you know if those numbers have changed much just in the last month?
    I'm getting wildly differing lease payments from various dealers here in the NY area (Westchester). I'm looking at 2011 Sentra S or SR, midway through November already. 12,000 miles for 39 months. Do they use differing money factors for different models? Thanks in advance!
    bridgecross
    Here's the information that you're looking for, bridgecross.

NMAC's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Sentra S with 15,000 miles per year are .00183 and 62%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Sentra SR are .00183 and 63%.

Car_man
    Host
    Ah ha, 12,000 miles per year. OK in that case add 2% to the residual values that I just mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks man, you rock!
    No problem bridgecross.

Car_man
    Host
  • lica13lica13 Member Posts: 7
    Hey Car_Man, I'm a "long time listener, first time caller" thank you for all the info you've posted over the years. I'm looking to lease 2011 Nissan Sentra Se-R spec V. Can you please help out with current money factor and residual rates for both 12k and 15k per year for 39 months?

Thanks in advance!
    HA, now that was funny, lica13. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Sentra SE-R Spec V with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I believe that NMAC's residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • lica13lica13 Member Posts: 7
    So, armed with this info here is what I was able to do on a 2011 SE-R Spec V with Navi/sunroof/diff/stereo package: First month due at signing, 39 month lease with 15K per year. $260 a month. Taxes and all fees included in the payment. It is a steal, specially considering that the dealer did not have the car. It will only work with those dealers who need to get their volume up. I'm pretty sure that I got everything I could out of them. Thanks Car_Man! You're an effin' rock star!
    You're very welcome lica13. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. Congratulations on getting a good deal on your new Sentra. Enjoy :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    edited September 2011
    Car_man,
    Can you post the MF and residual for a 2011 and 2012 Nissan Sentra SR with the Special Edition package? 36 month and 24 month.
    Thanks.
    I'd be happy to help you out steevo. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2012 Sentra SR with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 ad 69%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00181 and 63%.

The numbers for the 2011 model are .00230 / 58% for 24 months and .00230 / 48% for 36 months.

Car_man
    Host
  • bajapanty350zbajapanty350z Member Posts: 88
    Hello Car_man how are you?
    I am calculating a lease for 36m 12k miles per year with a 65% residual and .00181 money factor.
    Based on
    MSRP 18750
    BASE CAP COST 18000
    ADJ CAP COST 18000
    RESIDUAL 12188
    MONEY FACTOR .00181
    36 MON
    SALES TAX 7%

DEPRECIATION 5812
    FINANCE CHARGE 1967
    SALES TAX 545

TOTAL 8324/36 = MONTHLY PAYMENT OF 231.24

Did I do this correct?
    Thanks
    edited September 2011
    looks like you did that right to me. there is probably a bank fee of 595.
  • bajapanty350zbajapanty350z Member Posts: 88
    Thanks Steevo, yeah there is and also a 745 Dealer fee ( thats on top of the destination charge ) lol so many charges..
    Hi bajapanty350z. I plugged the number that you mentioned, .00181, 65%, $18,750, and $18,000 into my lease calculator and came up with a 36-month, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of $217.

Car_man
    Host
    I'll bet the reason his payment is higher is because the dealer is rolling the bank fee into the lease..
  • khuzbuzkhuzbuz Member Posts: 55
    Hello,

I'm hoping I can get some comparison info from other people that have recently leased the 2013 Nissan Sentra.

This is the following offer from the dealership:

MSRP - $20,145 (Nissan Sentra SV w/ Driver Package)
    Sales Price - $18,108
    MD Tax - $1,098
    Tags - $272
    Dealer Processing - $199
    15k miles per year - 36 month lease term
    Residual Value - 59%
    Money Factor - 0.00043
    $1k out of pocket - $225/month.

Is this a good deal?
This discussion has been closed.