Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saab 9-3 Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Saab 9-3. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• schoupschoup Member Posts: 22
    Maybe I'm out of it but the lease ads for the 2006 9-3 2T sedan are horrible. Saab cut prices and added additonal std features that were options on '05's but did this come at the cost of no more good lease deals. The MSRP for the 06 w/ automatic is $27,970 ...3K at inception, $299mth for 24 mths. The residual pay off is $20,138 that is a RV of 71%...Saab RV after 24 mths is traditionally at 57% so it should be around $15,940 RV. I guess Saab lost around 200 million last year but poor marketing deals isn't going to expand the niche market that Saab has created over the years.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    High residuals make for low lease payments...

If the residual were 57% for 24 months, the lease payment would be over $170/mo. higher...

The higher the residual, the lower the lease payment, all other factors being equal..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host--Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I understand that high RV lowers the lease payment but the RV also must be realistic of what the car is actually worth after 24mths. A good lease deal is a balance between a high but realistic RV, discounting or rebate or lease support and the money factor. All last year Saab 9-3's with MSRP $27,500 had lease payments advertised around $250 with 3K at inception over 24mths. So it seems Saab is elimintating lease support and incentives for the time being and inflating the RV. Anyway you cut it the current ad is a bad deal!
    Well... I hate to disagree...... But, you don't want a realistic residual.. As the consumer, you want an unrealistically high residual..... Unless you are planning to buy the car at lease-end, a lower residual will do you no good at all...

But, the deal may not be as good as last year... Short-term interest rates have been rising steadily over the last year, and it is starting to have an effect on money factors... So, the incentives are still there.. but, the cost of borrowing money has gone up..

Another point: Residuals are always strongest at the beginning of the model year.. and tend to go down gradually throughout the year.. Usually, incentives will be increased via lower money factors or dealer cash/rebates as this happens, to keep lease payments affordable...

And... when the new model year starts, many cars are more expensive than the models they are replacing... Once new car fever subsides, you may see lower payments...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host--Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jeffsaulsjeffsauls Member Posts: 11
    I'm looking for the September MF and Residuals for a 2006 9-3 2.0T Sedan, based on 36 months at 12k mi/yr. Thanks for the any info you have.
  • paathikerpaathiker Member Posts: 2
    Does Saab offer zero down leases? Do all manfacturers do this in general? I am getting a car allowance in my new position so I would like a zero down lease for 24 months on something nice, $400-$500 per month is my target I have a 2002 Civic with $4,000 equity and I would like to hold onto the cash and sell the car myself! I like the 9-3 Sedan with an AT.
    Thanks!
  • tasha789tasha789 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

I am looking to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3, MSRP 30270, Selling price 27454 (GM employee price), 24 months, 12k mi per year. Can you calculate the money factor, residual, and monthly payment for both 24 months and 36 months? Saab has a national advertised rate of 299/month plus 2999 down, but It isn't clear to me how much of that is acquisition cost and fees versus cap cost reduction. I also want to avoid paying money up front as you suggest. Thanks for the help!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi jeffsauls. Here's the information that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan through Saab Financial Services Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00181 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello paathiker. All manufacturers offer zero down leases. Consumers can and always should lease any vehicle that they are interested in without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your vehicle would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put several thousand dollars down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all. At lease signing, consumers are typically required to pay their vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, the acquisition fee being charged by the bank that they are leasing through, and any required state taxes or fees. You absolutely should sell your Civic on your own.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tasha789. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sport Sedan through Saab Financial Services Corp. right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00179 and 72%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00181 and 60%. With any lease through SFSC, you would have to pay your vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to your car's payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, a $595 acquisition fee (this is higher in some states), and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
  • jpappasjpappas Member Posts: 16
    Car_Man

Can you provide me current money factor and residuals for 2006 9-3 with terms of 24 and 36 months with 15K mileage.

thanks

Jason
  • benji123benji123 Member Posts: 104
    Hi car man,

What are the October lease money factor and residual value numbers for the 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan for the following terms? 36 months with 12,000 miles per year; and 48 months, with 12,000 mi per year?

Also, does it appear that Saab is just pushing purchases right now (is there just way better support for purchase financing than for leasing)?

Thanks again,

Ben
    Here you go Jason. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan through Saab Financial Services Corp. for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00179 and 71%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00181 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings Ben. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan through SFSC for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00181 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be .00181 and 45%. This lease is the only special program that is available on the '06 9-3 right now. Saab is not currently providing any sort of cash incentives or special financing rates on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • jpappasjpappas Member Posts: 16
    Great info...thanks!!
  • mikec12mikec12 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man.

Can you tell me the money factor and RV on the new '06 Saab Aero convertibles, based on a 24, 30 or 36 month lease with 15K/miles a year?

thanks
  • harley52harley52 Member Posts: 5
    2006 aero convertible 500or less lease price no money down or im walking to the next brand of automobile :D is this possible in northern illinois around chicago. GM is hurting if they want to deal im ready to make the offer. ;)
  • saablcpsaablcp Member Posts: 195
    Realistic? There are NO,I repeat NO ! ,$40,000+ European convertibles that will lease for that price with no money down .Your perception of SAAB/GM'S "hurt"
    will not change that reality.My calculations put a 48month /10k per/yr lease on an Aero man.trans.with NO options and at dealer invoice at more than $ 560.00 plus usage taxes.So I respectfully suggest you raise your budget or lower your category of car accordingly.A Chrysler Sebring,perhaps?
    I got a quote below 500 this is a saab not a rolls royce,as they gather dust its either deal or watch the snow accumulate on the convertible roofs. :) 500 all i will go ,never seen a aero no options pretty much all standard equipment
    Post the details then ...I categorically state that CANNOT be legitimate! As I said..post the details ,M.S.R.P.,cap cost,miles allowed etc,etc. You MIGHT have been low-balled but you will NOT take delivery on an '06 Aero conv. for below $500 with no cap cost reduction.F.Y.I.: Saabs Nov. nationally advertised lease ad is for a 2.0-T Conv.@ $469 + TAX .This requires a CUSTOMER cap cost reduction of $1,431.00 PLUS bank fee,taxes and tags.The M.S.R.P. is $4,730.less than a comparably equipped Aero,which also carries a 1 pt. lower resid.value. Post the details and prove me wrong.
  • tlabrietlabrie Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone have the money factor and residuals for a 9-3 Aero Sedan? Possibly both 24 and 36 mth.
    You're very welcome jpappas.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for, mikec12. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero Convertible through Saab Financial Services Corp. in November for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00264 and 72%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease should be .00264 and 66%. the numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00264 and 61%. When negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that Saab is currently providing $500 bonus cash on it. This money will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tlabrie. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero Sedan through Saab Financial Service Corp.'s new November lease program for 24 months with 15,000 miles per, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00164 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease of this car should be .00164 and 54%. As I mentioned in the previous post, when negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that Saab is currently providing $500 bonus cash on it. This money will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • steamboat72steamboat72 Member Posts: 3
    Hi CarMan- I am interested in a '06 2.0 Sport Combi. I specified a : Manual , moonroof, premium sound, roof rack with metallic paint and was quoted $28,970 plus "fees".
    I am trying to determine lease or buy.I noted your point about losing out on a high lease downpayment if there is a serious accident, however, I can put $2500-$3000 down and thus have a much more manageable monthly lease payment. If I like the car, I would definitely consider purchasing it at lease end. This is my current line of thinking, however I am game for and appreciate any advice!
    Questions: Do you know the buyrate lease money factor and the RV for this car?
    Any advice as to lease vs buy?
    The parameters I am looking for are 36 mo/12,000 or 15,000 miles annually.
    Any other advice is also much appreciated.
    Thanks
  • tlabrietlabrie Member Posts: 5
    thanks car_man.
    You obviously sell saabs,as in poker you dont see my hand.Less they sit on the lot or a deal is made at a fair price. The only number that matters is what i pay in the end. Open your eyes read the paper hows g.m. or ford doing these days. Someone going to pay the light bill.Negotiate or move on down to the next luxury model but maybe ill wave out the window with a new saab to you. :) Move them or brush the snow off
  • jeffepsteinjeffepstein Member Posts: 1
    Here's what I'm being told by my dealer. They want to charge me a money factor of .00319, not .00264, which allows the dealer to make some profit on the financing. When I told them that on a 36 month deal that amounts to $1,400 additional, they told me they only get 40% of that, and the rest goes to Saab. Huh? Does this sound legitimate?

They offered 6.25 on 60 month straight financing. The payment would be about $150 more per month, but at the end of 36months, the car loan would be about 60% amortized, vs. a 62% residual on the 36 month lease. In other words, if I wanted to buy the vehicle at the end of 36 month lease, I would need to pay about $28K. Although my payments were $150 more per month, on the loan, I would only OWE about $16K. It would seem to be a much better deal to buy it.

Also, they were giving me some small discount, but the line is that the pricing is pretty much fixed. Is there any truth to this?

Thanks,
    As I said ....post the details of the "DEAL " you said you were offered rather than making general statements about the corporate state of G.M.,the cost of utilities and weather forecasts. POST YOUR NUMBERS! I gave you specifics on why it can't be done.Poker analogy? Ok! I call your "bet"...... lets see your cards (the numbers.)
    Essentially the dealer is taking you for a ride. The $1,400 is all dealer profit on that lease. The interest rate on 60 month buy is higher than you could get getting your own financing. Saab dealers right now have no desire to negotiate...they have this attitude that some how Saab has instantaneously has some pedigree that they can sell at almost MSRP..(I told them you are not BMW)....they want to bring up how Saab lowered pricing on 06's...just because the MSRP is less doesn't mean consumers are going to buy at prices close to MSRP so they can make huge profits per sale without even including financing profit. My local dealer quoted me at $400 under MSRP on a 9-3 2.0T in early october ans was unwilling to move. I told them contact when you serious about selling cars. I hope they have hired alot of help to move snow off that inventory this winter. Saab dealers current policy appears to be not to try to make profit on volume but to make larger profit per sale. I am going to wait it out because incentives/rebates will becoming from GM corporate since sales are way down.
    If the one of the purposes of this forum is to provide prospective lessee's with correct information on factory sponsored programs,I sincerely wish the moderator would be a little more aggressive in correcting MISINFORMATION!In regard to your statement that dealer X is making $1,400 on lease rate let me try to clarify this point.A Saab dealer is allowed to mark up published lease rates by up to but no more than.00040 basis pts.So a published rate of .00164(current on 9-3 2.0T sedan)can be marked up to a maximum of .00204,the dealer is than paid 70% of that .00040 markup,typically no more than $500-600 ,dependent on model and gross cap cost.Far from the $1,400 you mistakenly claim.I gather from your comments regarding negotiating price that you are representative of a pct.of the buying public that is more interested in "the deal" ,meaning big rebates and inflated dealer mark-ups that can be given away,than "the price paid".Make an informed comparison between '05 models final selling prices and '06 models which start at roughly $3,500 less than correspondingly equipped models of the previous years.Yes,the "DEAL"is less impressive....the final selling prices are fractionally different.
    Just seems to be alot of talk on this board about clearing snow off of cars! Is this a farmers almanac/wooly bear caterpillar thing or are all these pseudo-buyers unhappy Weathermen with disposable income?
    I guess the question I would have... Why would a dealer mark-up a money factor, that takes $1400 out of the pocket of the buyer, but only makes the dealership $600?

Why wouldn't the dealer just raise the selling price by $1000 and use the base rate, making himself $400 extra, and saving the buyer $400 over the marked up money factor?

Any insights on that?

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

According to you a dealer can mark up the lease rate by .0004 so the fact that the dealer is marking it up .00055 in the lease outlined says what? The saab dealer is making more than the $600 you calculated, he's making about $900-$1000. I'm the pct. of the public that isn't star struck by this reduction in MSRP and realize that it is not some great deal as Saab dealers wan't to make you believe...you loose 10 feature....3 which can be replaced by buying premium pkg for $1,895...the rest not available. I'm interested in a fair deal and in not being told by you or some dealer that I should pay more for an '06 than I could pay for a base Arc last year even before employee pricing when I'm losing features.
    Just a fact of sales ,no good deals they sit .The bottom line its only a car :)
    :( Actually drove the saab aero today,has to be the worst ride in any car,plus there insane on there pricing structure.Is anything included in the base price
  • dhanleydhanley Member Posts: 1,531
    There's a lot included in a base aero.. Leather sport seats, fogs, cooled glove box, 6-speed, traction, stability, EBD, memory power seats, climate control, moonroof, cd changer, 17' wheels, xenons, etc.

Personally, i think that's pretty good for 32K. All i'd add is cold weather.

Can't comment on the ride, i thought the old aero was a little choppy but not too bad.

dave
    Back again, equipped with more information! Looking forward to everything about the car except the upfront paperwork and haggle!
    I am shopping for a 2.0T Combi. MSRP =$30,265. I was originally quoted $28,970 plus "fees" and told that the particulars of the lease program would be available later.
    Now I got them and would appreciate any input or feedback.
    The lease program as offered is $3662 (500 from Saab) so $3162 down + $434/mo for 36 months 15k miles.
    The makeup of initial payment was: First Month-$433, $2000 downpayment, $175 tax on DP, $258 license fee, $795 bank fee.
    Money factor was given to me at .00204.
    Residual values = 57% ..Question- is this % of the MSRP, sticker price, or what my price is?
    For this example, Residual = $17,251.
    The dealer explained that I would be paying only $11,013 for the 36 months ($305/m) and "with lease fee and sales tax" as described, added, the total would be $15,612.48. ($433/m)
    I am confused as if I add the $15k to the residual $17,000,I am over $32k? Is the dealer confused?
    What parts of the "fees" do they have influence over and what not? Where is my best bargaining leverage in the lease deal? In the amount of DP? I was told adding $1000 DP only brings the monthly down $20.
    I appreciate any help or tips given. In the spirit of the site, I will be sure to pass anything helpful on when I get a chance! Thanks
  • jack00jack00 Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal for a 2006 Saab 9-3 Combi?
    Is there room for improvement?

MSRP - $33,415
    Selling Price - $30,332
    Money Factor - .00184
    Acq Fee - $695
    Term - 24 months
    Cash Down - 1,030
    Rebate - $500
    Miles - 12,000
    Total Down - $2,500
    Payment - $329.78 (7% sales tax)
    Hi steamboat72. So you're interested in the all new 9-3 Sport Combi, huh? What's with that name anyhow? Why doesn't Saab just call it a wagon? I guess that Sport Combi sounds cooler. The problem with making such a large down payment on a vehicle that you intend to purchase at lease-end is that down payments do nothing to reduce leased vehicles lease-end purchase prices. Sure, you will pay less interest along the way if you make a down payment, but it will not have any impact upon your car's depreciation and ultimately no impact upon its end of term purchase price. If you have an extra $2,500 to $3,000 sitting around that you want to use on this lease, you would be much better off using it to supplement your lease payment, or make a few of them than using it as a down payment.

As far as this car's current lease program goes, if you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sport Combi through Saab Financial Services Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00164 and 57%, respectively. The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, tlabrie.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jeffepstein. It's possible that only a certain percentage of the lease money factor mark-up that the dealer wants to make on your deal goes into their pocket. Many banks take a cut of any money factor mark-up. If this is the case, why doesn't the dealer just increase the selling price of your car by 40% of the $1,400, or a little over $500. They still make out the same, but you save almost a thousand dollars over the life of your lease. Better yet, tell this dealer that you'll just lease your car from a different Saab dealer that won't mark up the money factor on you. Saab dealers are dying right now. Sales have been terrible. I highly doubt that a dealer would let you walk from a deal just because they refuse to let you lease with the base money factor. Saab prices definitely are not fixed. There is a spread of over $2,000 between this car's full MSRP and dealer invoice price. Furthermore, Saab is currently providing $500 bonus cash on all 9-3s. I think that you need to tell this dealer that you are not being given a good enough deal and will lease from another Saab dealer if they don't work with you.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks CarMan. I appreciate the tips!
    What are the aspects of the lease agreement that are most negotiable? I read Jack's post about Combi lease and yes it was only 24 months, but his $327 monthly is much more manageable than the $433 I was quoted, with less money down. I do understand that the terms were different, but its still not seeming right to me.
    Why was I quoted money factor .00204 and you quoted .00164 from Saab financial Services?
    I am not a strong negotiator but I have a strong personality :confuse: . I really like this car, want to put my family in it but need the lease scenario to work for me, not the other way around. All advice is honored and valued ! Best, Steve
    The money factor difference,.00204 vs..00164 is the.00040 basis pt. mark up I spoke of in an earlier post...you need to point it out to the dealer and remind him he just left a door open for any other dealer to walk through and offer you a better payment without affecting his profit margin on the actual vehicle.That being said the previous poster who spoke of a $2K.spread M.S.R.P/Invoice needs to do some homework.Totally loaded with all options including Nav.you are under $2K.margin,incl.N.E.Region advt.charges to dealer. By the way...still waiting for the specifics from Mr."Under $500 per month/no money down" '06 Aero Conv.Man!!!!!!!
  • dreamrocksdreamrocks Member Posts: 4
    " There are NO,I repeat NO ! ,$40,000+ European convertibles that will lease for that price with no money down ." I would say yes. Check bmw z4 thread.
  • jwmullenjwmullen Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

Here is some additional information as it relates to
    the down payment ($2,480):

*1st month payment - $326.24
    *Acq fee - $695
    *Cash down - $1,030
    *Doc fee - $198
    *Title prep - $5
    *Tags/registration - $226

What do you think of this transaction? I have it priced as a 24 month lease, but could just as easily go with a 36. Any advantages/disadvantages?

Is this a good deal for a 2006 Saab 9-3 Combi?
    Is there room for improvement?

MSRP - $33,415
    Selling Price - $30,332
    Money Factor - .00184
    Acq Fee - $695
    Term - 24 months
    Cash Down - 1,030
    Rebate - $500
    Miles - 12,000
    Total Down - $2,500
    Payment - $329.78 (6% sales tax)
  • qoolqool Member Posts: 4
    Greetings,

this is my first post, so be kind to a fellow newbie. From trolling both this and the 9-5 lease forums, I see people posting specific money factors and residuals.

How did you people discover the base money factor of .00164(Nov) and 12k mi/24 mo residual of %72(past Oct)? Can I simply call Saab Financial (anyone have their number) and ask? I'm serious about leasing an '06 or '05 ($1000 rebate, if there any left) 9-3, and I don't mind doing my homework as the title suggests. Just like you, I want to walk into a dealership feeling good about spending this much money. (near-recent college grad, need nice car to offset reality of the working world, blah blah...)

Hopefully, this will also be my first new car and first leased car ... at a fair price, of course.

I appreciate anything I can learn from all of you.

Rob
    Hey steamboat72. Let's calculate what your lease payment on this car should be like using Saab's actual lease program and the prices that you were quoted. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi with an MSRP of $30,265 and a selling price of $28,970 through Saab Financial Services Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $402. I based this payment on the assumption that you are not going to make a capitalized cost reduction (aka down payment) because making one is not in your best interest. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your Saab would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put several thousand dollars down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all. If you use the $500 bonus cash that Saab is providing to reduce this car's cap cost, the payment would drop to around $387. If you were to roll Saab's $595 acquisition fee into your car's cap cost, this would be about a wash and result in a monthly payment of around $405. If you were to make the $2,000 down payment on this car that the dealer asked for, it would drop the monthly payment to around $346 before tax. I used Saab's current buy rate lease money factor of .00164 to arrive at these payments. If you pay a security deposit, you should be able to take advantage of this factor. The two things that you need to do in order to assure that you are getting a good lease on this car are negotiate a low selling price and make sure that the dealer is using Saab's buy rate money factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jack00. The selling price that you were quoted on this car looks reasonable to me. The money factor and acquisition fee that you are being charged are a little high though. For consumers who pay a security deposit, Saab's buy rate lease money factor for a 24 month lease of a 2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi is .00164. Saab will waive its security deposit requirement in exchange for a slight increase in vehicles' money factors. That probably partially explains why the money factor that you were quoted is higher, but there may be some mark-up going on there as well. I personally would rather pay a security deposit that I am going to get back than throw away money on a higher lease payment. Saab Financial Services Corp.'s current base lease acquisition fee is $595 in most states. It is slightly higher than this in a few areas though, such as New York and New Jersey where its base acquisition fee is $695. There may or may not be some mark-up going on with your acquisition fee, depending upon what state you are in.

The main thing that I would change about this deal if I was leasing this car is the down payment. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your SportCombi would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $1,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome Steve. Vehicles' selling prices are the main negotiable aspect of leases. The only other thing that you can negotiate is you can make sure that the dealer that you are working with is using your vehicle's buy rate lease money factor to calculate its lease payment. While dealers do not have the authority to lower banks' published lease money factors, they are often allowed to mark them up to add additional back-end profit to deals. Pay a security deposit, and absolutely insist that the dealer use the .00164 factor to calculate your car's lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.