Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saab 9-3 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings Rob. Unfortunately, Saab Financial Services will not provide you with information on vehicles' current lease programs if you call them directly. They will tell you to speak with your local dealer. You should be able to find out what the lease programs are like for the cars that you are interested in through by visiting the lease discussions in this forum through. Either some other community member who has recently leased one of the vehicles that you are interested in, or I can share this information with you.

Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • qoolqool Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Car_man. The article on calculating lease payments was especially helpful.

So I'm in contact with a Saab dealer, and the purchase price seems fair to me, but they don't have a specific color I'd like. I've been avoiding specifics to keep the focus on the price.

Do you have an idea what it might cost a dealer to trade with another dealer or manufacturer for a specific color 9-3? I'm thinking it would be around the ballpark of $100-$300 if the dealer had to pay to transport it. (I shipped my car across California for $300 a year ago)

The nocturne and fusion blues look awesome!

Rob
  • saablcpsaablcp Member Posts: 195
    A Sport Combi is the same thing as an Avant.....as if that would tell you anything!!!!LOL!!!!
    I stand PARTIALLY corrected... partially because the Z-4 that was quoted was UNDER $40k. but only by a few hundred dollars.That being said the Gentleman who prompted my statement said he lived in Northern Illinois. He is more than welcome to visit his local BMW dealer for a great deal on a small,2 seat,R.W.D.sportster that he MIGHT be able to take out of the garage in 6 months,when Chicago thaws out!!!
  • dhanleydhanley Member Posts: 1,531
    A z4 will give you 9 mos in N illinois, with winter tires, year-round fun.
    Hello again,

Has anyone on this forum explored the up-front single payment lease option? Details are limited on the net, but from what I understand you simply pay the depreciation of the car and no finance fee, since you are not borrowing the depreciation over the term of the lease. Does that sound correct?

In numbers, a money factor of .00164 translates into an annual interest rate of 3.936%, which you would be saving per year. Or, if you opted to go with the traditional monthly lease, you would have to be able to earn greater than 3.936% from investment money to cancel out Saab Financial's finance fee.

Am I reasoning about this correctly? Anyone know of some huge downsides to the up-front single payment lease?

Thanks people.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Even though you make a single lease payment, that doesn't cover the cost of the entire vehicle, so you still have finance charges..

If the bank buys the vehicle you are leasing from the dealership for $30K, and you pay $15K to lease it for 3 years.. ..there are still finance charges to pay on the residual amount (assume $17K).... By paying all of the depreciation and finance charges upfront, the bank will usually charge a reduced finance rate.. and that is where the savings occur.. but, it is nowhere close to the entire finance charges...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Ahh. *light bulb*

Thank You, kyfdx.
    Rob
  • gperrgperr Member Posts: 157
    Car_man,

Hi. Can you please provide the current MF and Res for 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T, 36m, 10 & 12k miles.

Also can you please provide the standard Saab lease acq fee.

Does the $500 cash incentive apply to 2.0T as well?

A friend received a solicitation from GM saying they would pay up to $2000 toward any current lease he is in if he wants out early on any lease he currently has. It does not even say the current lease has to be a GM lease. Is this the standard we'll just roll it in offer, or is GM really making this offer?

thanks

gperr
  • rugby_s2krugby_s2k Member Posts: 3
    Trying to tie-down the November MF & Residuals for a 2006 2.0T Sedan.

MF seems to be .00164, regardless of 36 / 24 month term. Correct???

Residuals for would be:
    24/12k
    24/15k

36/12k
    36/15k

I assume that residuals would differ from the combi and convertible . . . lots of discussion on these models but not the base 2.0T.

I need to close a lease prior to month end as my current car is due back on Nov 29. Your assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Michael
    This is not a matter of opinion...it's a math/economics calculation.If you lease a 2.0T with an M.S.R.P.of $32,165 for 24mos./12K.,cap cost @$500 over invoice less rebate result net cap=dealer invoice,traditional calculation using .00164 money factor you have $2,109.12 in finance charges.One pay option reduces M.F.to.00044 and finance charges reduce to $565.92...net savings of $1,543.12...your decision?Can you earn more by keeping the lump sum of the lease payments liquid and invested or take the sure thing tax free return on your money that the one -pay option guarantees.NOTE...One pay option is only viable when the M.F.is high enough to allow you to take advantage of the full .00120 basis pt. reduction,e.g. current M.F on leftover '05 9-5'S is .00032 for 36 mos.One pay would be a BAD choice.
    You're welcome, Rob. The exact cost of trading for a vehicle will depend upon how far the dealer has to go to get the one that you want. While cost is important, the fact that dealers prefer to sell vehicles out of their own inventory over ordered or vehicles that they have to trade for will be a bigger factor. Most dealers would rather sell something that they already have quickly so that they can stop paying floorplan interest on it than have to go through the trouble of swapping or ordering. See what this dealer has to say. You never know they might be willing to get the car that you want without much of a difference in price, just be prepared for the possibility that they might not be willing to sell for a vehicle that they have to jump through hoops to get for the same price that they have in stock.

Car_man
    Host
    Good point, saablcp. Audi doesn't call its wagons wagons either. I guess that it is a marketing think because the whole "wagon" name doesn't sound cool enough to a lot of people.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey gperr. Here's the info that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan through Saab Financial Services Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00164 and 59%, respectively. The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with only 10,000 miles per year would increase to 60%. I believe that SFSC's base lease acquisition fee is currently $595 in most states, but a little higher than that in a few. The $500 dealer cash that Saab is currently providing on the '06 9-3 is not compatible with this lease program, but Saab does have $500 bonus cash on it that is.

GM was running an early lease termination for any consumer with a GMAC lease through 11/14/05 of last month. I believe that the offer your friend got is different than this one though. It sounds like a targeted direct mail offer that is designed to pull anyone who is currently leasing into a GM product. You probably have to be on some sort of targeted marketing list to get this offer and it may not be transferable.

Car_man
    Host
    You are correct, Michael. Saab Financial Services, November and December buy rate lease money factor for the 2006 9-3 2.0T Sedan is .00164 for any lease up to 48 months in length. Its 24 month, 15,000 miles per year residual value for the month of December is 70% and its 36 month 15k residual is 58%. Its 12,000 miles per year residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • cpabuckcpabuck Member Posts: 8
    Car_Man,
    Hi, do you know what the December money factor and residual values are for a 36 month lease and 15K miles per year? I saw you mention the 2.0 values but I'm not sure if they are the same for the 9-3 Aero. Thanks!
    You are correct,it is a targeted mail promotion including an add'l $1,000 rebate.No real explanation given to us by G.M as to how or whom they choose to target.Totally non-transferable other than to spouse.
  • huskyfan1huskyfan1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,
    Thanks for managing this forum. Great info! This is my first lease and first Saab. Have read all the info here on Edmunds and am now seeking some answers as I go into the leasing process. Do you or does anyone know the money factor and residual value for '06 2.0T Arc Convertible? I'm also wondering if GM is still offering "employee" price discounts to the general public. Thanks in advance.
  • sah2sah2 Member Posts: 10
    Good afternoon,

Quoted the following today on 06 9-3 Sport with automatic, heated seats, dual climate control.

2 year / 15k miles per year.
    $382/month, taxes included, only $382(first month) + $55(documents) + $10(drive off sticker) down.

If I go with the blue metallic, same deal only $392/month. The invoice on this car was $28165.00

Comments on this deal?

Thank you in advance.
  • bberkebberke Member Posts: 26
    I got the offer from GM for up to 2000 payoff for my current leased vehicle. I am now looking at 9-3 or 9-5 24 month lease with 10000 miles. what are residuals and money factor on these so I can go make a deal? With the soft market on Saabs are people getting these at invoice with coupons, holdback etc...?
    After crunching numbers on this myself you are getting a very good deal on this sah2. I am no expert, but it appears you are getting correct residual, lowest money factor and a invoice or below invoice price. Are they charging a 595 aquisition fee?
  • wrjoycewrjoyce Member Posts: 51
    I was offered 2 yr for 418 1500 down 12,0000 miles automatic no premium package no sunroof seems like my offer based on the previous offer is not very good. Any thoughts
  • wrjoycewrjoyce Member Posts: 51
    9-3 auto metalic paint cold pacgage 2 yr 12,000 (no premium package) $414 a month including tax, 1376 at signing (which includes 930 tax, 695 bankfee, 21o annual fees 57 inital fee minus 500 dollars bonus comes to about 1376 down, (no other charges all wrapped ito price)

Stuff i dont know about includes 00164 money factor, adjusted cap of car 29,430 (which seems wickedly high) intial cap was 29,000 the msp is 30,270
    LEV is 71% at end of lease. Includes the nys tax which is on high side of 930 so wont quibble with a

few dollars of monthly price but
    price seems high. compared to other lease deal for audi lexus and bmw for more expensive cars Thansk for you advise
  • jerrynmnkjerrynmnk Member Posts: 8
    I just got the following deal today:
    9-3T metallic paint, auto, moonroof, cold package

MSRP 30,270 Sell price 27,441 resid=59%=17,859
    $700 due at signing MF=.00164
    Includes pull ahead & owner loyalty of $1000 plus last payment on old car forgiven
    Payments for 36 mo 12K/yr = $385

Sound Good???
    Jerry
  • shellzshellz Member Posts: 51
    Does anyone have the December lease numbers for the 9-3 Aero (sedan V6)? 24 and 36 months at 12 and 15k mile?

Thanks.
    Thank you for your reply. I am not being charged the acquisition fee.

One note...Saab direct mailed a $1000 cash voucher in November to randomly selected households and GM direct mailed a $2000 voucher. This bonus cash is for purchase or lease.

Since I did not receive this, I have contacted Saab Fin., Saab incentives, and Saab customer service. All have advised me to talk to the dealer and push them to contact Saab for this bonus cash. While I am not optimistic, I have been told that the right dealer may be able to receive this. Any others with insight? Has anyone received this? I am coming the end of my second Saab lease (9-5 in 1999 and 9-3 in 2003), and am very satisfied with the vehicles.

Thank you for any reply and happy holidays to all.
    I have the $2000 voucher, but did not know about the $1000 voucher from Saab, I wonder if they can be used together, or if the Saab coupon expired. The GM coupon is good until 1-3-2006. I see the experts on the board all saying that Saab has a 595 acquisition fee. I guess that excludes some states? Even when you think you have all the information, it is still a shell game!
  • creasefacecreaseface Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the midst of negotiating on a 06 9-3 ARC. It's got the Premium and Cold Weather package. Here are the terms as of this afternoon:

2 Years, 12K miles, 59% Resid.
    MSRP: 33,765
    Cap Cost: 27,665
    Money Factor: .00164
    270 per month

I get the GM Supplier discount, as well as, trading in my girlfriends 99 Cabrio (getting 4,500 from dealer). Is there anything I should negotiate down or is this a fair deal?
    RED FLAG FOR YOU....Saab dealers have NO authority to "waive"the bank acquisition fee.They might absorb it as an equivalent discount you could have otherwise negotiated on the selling price the lease was based on,,,but I repeat dealers have no way to concede that fee on behalf of S.F.S.C.
    Thank you for the information. I have not yet approached the dealer regarding this acq. fee disinformation, however, that being said, the numbers I have been quoted for this car are, by all accounts, very aggressive.

If the dealer is able to secure access to the $2000 voucher, I will lease the car immediately.

As mentioned, I am currently in my second consecutive Saab lease, 9-5 and now 9-3. I have had minimal problems, even though the 9-3 was first model year(drivers side window derailed and was fixed immediately). I recommend test driving a Saab to any and all who ask.
  • jonatjjonatj Member Posts: 2
    I ordered a 9-3 2.0T MT, Premium pkg, and moonroof in October and it will be ready to pickup Jan. 3rd or 4th. I was wondering if anyone had a line on incentives or rates for January. The $500 bonus cash expires Jan. 3rd so I'd like to jump on that if there isn't anything better coming down the pipe.

Anyone know if GM or Saab will have some promotion after their "Fly Saab Holiday Event"?

Thanks

Jonathan
    Final numbers on 9-3 2006

MSRP 30270
    Base Cap 27931
    Nothing down
    595 Aqcuisition

Total payment with 6.6% tax
    is 375.11+24.76

I am getting the .00164 and 71% money. Did I leave anything on the table.

I also got $2000 cash from GM which paid off my last 3 months of my 2003 530i.
    I need to know, please respond. what is the residual for 9-3 10000 mile lease 2 years. 12000 is 71% is it 72 or 73%
  • hintzhintz Member Posts: 71
    Got a n 9-3 Arc in fusion blue/prem pkg/sunroof/automatic
    for 2yr/15k per year money factor .00164 residual 70% payment 390 with tax. I love the car!
  • rich4jrich4j Member Posts: 15
    I was trying to see what others have seen as a fair lease price for a 2006 9.3 aero....with automatic package, cold weather and color.

I saw the price about to be 33K. Any incentives to wait for in february vs january? thanks
  • mfairchildmfairchild Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in a 9-3 2.0T that is the newspaper "loss-leader" ad. Here is the deal.

Its the 5 spd base model.

MSRP: 26,620 (25,900 plus 720 destination)
    Selling: 25,138
    $ Down 1,914

Net Lease 23,864 (with 595 "lease fee")

Rate 3.94 (Money factor .00164)
    term 24 mos
    Residual 18,900 (71%)

Payment 279 + 21 tax

DMV 227, Ca Tire 8.75, Tax/Misc 148.35

DriveOff 2,599 (includes down, misc fees and 1st payment)

I like the base model car OK, is this a great or so-so deal?

Thanks
  • kag5696kag5696 Member Posts: 1
    Wondering what would be the best to pay per month for a lease on 2006 Saab 93 Convertible (nocturne blue with a blue top) which includes the cold and premium package.
    The facts are
    MSRP $42,165.00
    Invoice $40357.00
    Sales tax: .06 x $564.15 (your base payment) = $33.85 x 39 months = $1320.15 (Sales tax is ONLY paid on the part of the car you are buying, or 37% in this case This is where you actually save money!)
    Residual is .63 x $42,165.00 (MSRP) = $26,563.00
    Interest is 6.84% used for the money factor
    Title and license is $349.50 (this is paid as part of your initial $947.50, which includes the first payment).
    Acquisition fee is $595.00
    Security deposit is $0.
    Gap insurance is actually included in the lease but is paid by GMAC out of your first payment.
    Lease term 39 months, mileage allowed is 12,000 miles/year for 36,000 miles total over 39 months.
    Extra mileage is $.20 a mile.
    Monthly payment is trying to negotiate, but dealer says $598
    Due at signing is $947.50

Thanks for any advice, thoughts or experiences from other people who recently leased a Saab Convertible.
  • stevel13stevel13 Member Posts: 2
    I'm planning to lease a Saab '06 9-3 w/prem pkg, cold pkg, sun/moon roof, auto trans, metl paint within the next two weeks. Looking at 24 mo, 27 mo, and 36 mo leases w/ 12k mi/yr. Can you please tell me the residual values and money factors for each preiod and whether there are any special incentives for this period. I currently have a saab lease expiring at the end of Feb.

Thanks!

Steve
  • jworthingtonjworthington Member Posts: 42
    Steve,
    I can't tell you for what that package will be, but I will give you my numbers. I just leased last week, Jan 25th.

2006 9-3 Aero
    6 spd manual transmission
    Touring package
    Cold weather package
    Metallic paint
    Sticker: $34,915
    Military pricing: $29,749

I got them to waive the $398 document fee. During the signing, I also noticed that they forgot to add in the tags and license fee. I noticed it, brought it to their attention, and did not put it back in.

Saab now does not do the leasing. This just changed last week. All leases are through GMAC. No money factor, they now talk normal interest rate.

Residual: $22,793.05
    Interest Rate: 3.94%
    Downpayment: $2070.34 (incl 1st month payment, fees, etc.)
    Term: 24 Mos
    Mileage: 18k / year
    Payment: $361.57 / mo (incl the 3% NC tax)

I hope this helps you.

Jeff
  • rws0131rws0131 Member Posts: 27
    That 3.94% is for 24 months...do you know what the 36 month rate is?
    I do not know. Sorry.
  • stevel13stevel13 Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted 3.94% for 36 mos. (.00164 money factor).
  • rfthomasrfthomas Member Posts: 5
    Jeff,

You were able to lease off the military discount price? I was told three years ago that this was not possible by Saab Financial. If this is now doable, I may have to go snap up another Saab this month.

Roy
    Roy
    Yep. I made sure of it by calling Lehman Saab in Mechanicsburg, PA as well as the dealerships in Wilmington and Raleigh, NC. I was a little sceptical, at first, but it worked out.

Having said that...We bought a Volvo XC90 two years ago using the military sales program AND they credited time served deployed in Afghanistan and iraq to qualify for the "overseas delivery." They credited me the $2k for the trip and the price was unbeatable.
    When it was delivered to the port, the government charged import duties on it. Since the dealership told me, and in writing, that I would nave "no additional charges" they begrudgingly paid the $1700 import fee. I guess they just weren't that familar with the program.
    So, because of that experience, I was very careful about watching the numbers on this lease. I was happy to see they did honor it and I am very happy with the car.

jeff
  • rfthomasrfthomas Member Posts: 5
    Jeff,

Thanks for the tip that lease is now possible on military disc. Leased yesterday.

Pulled ahead three months on 2003 9-3 Arc 2.0T

9-3 Aero
    Metallic
    Cold weather
    Auto (no manual in stock)
    Touring
    MSRP 36,265
    Military price 31,0--
    500$ loyalty

27 month/12k
    3.94%
    residual 25,022 (69%)
    Monthly 379$ (includes 8.8% WA tax)
    0$ drive-off

It's a totally different car than my '03 9-3 Arc.

Thanks,
    Roy
    Roy
    Congratulations!

I am very happy so far. Of course, I have seen a couple other leases where the price or drive off seemed a little different, but I am overall very satisfied.

The car is awesome. I love the way it drives. We take it in this Friday for the customization just to take care of those little quirks we all have. Thankfully Saab will let you do that on their car. I wonder why other automakers won't? Hmm.

Well, happy Saabing. I just receive my SAABNET.com shirt and license plate holder for my membership.

Jeff
  • hicharliehicharlie Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

Thanks for this great service. I've already learned quite a bit here. I was wondering if you could provide current money factors and residual values on the 9-3 2.0T? I have been quoted the following:

MSRP: 28,920
    Base Invoice: 28,204
    Lease Term: 27 months
    Residual Value: 70%
    Money Factor: 4.44% (0.00185)
    Saab Rebate: 1,000
    Down Payment: 1,000
    Monthly: 390.22

Does this sound like a reasonable deal to you? I plan to inquire about 36 and 48-month lease terms as well, but would like to know the money factor and residual values beforehand.

Thanks for your help!
    Hi Steve. If you were to lease a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan through its captive finance company in February for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be 3.94% and 71%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be 3.94% and 60%. In addition to this special lease rate, Saab is providing $1,000 lease cash on this model in certain states. If you let me know which one you are in I can tell you if you qualify for this additional incentive.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, hicharlie. I haven't seen this car's 27 month residual value, but I can tell you that its special lease rate for any length lease is currently 3.94%. This is equivalent to a money factor of around .00164. Saab's current residual values for 36 and 48 month, 15,000 mile per year leases of the '06 9-3 2.0T Sedan are 58% and 44%, respectively. I'm not sure why the lease rate that you were quoted is a little higher than Saab's current offering, but make sure to insist that the 3.94% factor is used to calculate your car's lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • hicharliehicharlie Member Posts: 2
    Many thanks for the updated figures. I'll make sure to insist on the 3.94% factor as you recommend. Would you happen to have the RV for 12K mile/yr lease for 48 months? (I ready the figures you provided to Steve for the 36 month lease at 12K miles).

Once again, thanks for your help!

Charlie
This discussion has been closed.