Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi javafan1. Volvo's current lease program on the 2008 XC90 is scheduled to run through January 7th. Manufacturers reserve the right to change vehicles' programs prior to their scheduled end dates, but any changes that do occur are usually enhancements.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Yes, lyakir, the $2,000 cash incentive that is available on Volvo Finance leases of the 2008 XC90 would act like a $2,000 capitalized cost reduction. Make sure to take it into account when negotiating the selling price of the vehicle that you want.

Car_man
    Host
  • bna1rchbna1rch Member Posts: 2
    Nashville, TN

I have negotiated a price of 36,404 on a new 2008 xc90 fwd 7 seater v6 with convienience,versatility,and premium packages. It also includes blis. The msrp is 45,630. I have been offered .00226 as money factor and 27% residual for 60 months and 15k miles annual. Is this a good deal? Is this the correct mf and residual for 60 months and 15k?

Thanks,
    Randy
  • lyakirlyakir Member Posts: 21
    Car_man,

edmunds.com shows the following "cash to dealer" incentives:
    $3000 and $400 Bonus Cash to those who finance with Volvo Finance North America. Can these $3400 be used as capitalized cost reduction in price negotiation?

Thanks for your help
  • bna1rchbna1rch Member Posts: 2
    Actually you get 2,000 from Volvo and another 4,700 from Volvo if you use another finance company.
  • ttam53ttam53 Member Posts: 3
    Okay, I have a question I can't seem to find the answer for. I'm thinking of leasing the XC90 and while this may seem insignificant I kind of would like to know from someone other than the dealer.....do you have to use premium gas? Everything I've read says "recommended." Anyone who has one, do you always use premium? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, just one of the factors I'm looking at right now!
    Thank you!!
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    I use 87. No problems.

Expect around 17 MPG for the 3.2
  • skvolvoskvolvo Member Posts: 3
    Hi. This is my first time leasing a vehicle (I always bought in the past) and am looking for some advice. I am being offered the fol. deal and am wondering if its a good one:

Volvo XC90/V6/AWD/Premium/Versatility/Climate/Navigation/12k mi/yr

Down Payment: $2,451 (includes first mo. payment & $550 sec. deposit)
    Per month: $549

Is it a good deal? Besides the mo. pmt. and down pmt., which other factors should I consider? Thanks a lot in advance.
  • gbarkgbark Member Posts: 6
    This is the deal I was offered. Please let me know if I should take it.
    thanks!!

2008 XC90 FWD
    premium
    convenience
    versatility packages
    navigation and DVD system for 24 months, 10,500 miles a year, $2,000 drive off, and monthly payments of $475 + tax.
  • kylechoffmankylechoffman Member Posts: 79
    I own a 2006 2.5t xc90 with 15K miles. I avg 16 mph using 87. Its fine to use but i have noticed the loss of horspower. Mine feels taxed more than usual on hills.

For 20 cents more on a 19 gallon tank, pay 4 bucks a week more and have better horsepower.
  • jabberjabber Member Posts: 64
    We have an '06 3.2 and have been using 87. There may be a marginal loss in power, but I have experienced no difference in gas mileage. I average 18 mpg.
  • hgalshgals Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone give me advice on a new lease on xc90 08. I want to trade my wife's kia minivan - paid for - worth 11500-12000.
    I was quoted 375 lease payment per month. can anyone give me advice what my payment should be and factors. The msrp is 43500.

Thanks for any help!
    hub
  • scolo1010scolo1010 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2008 Volvo XC 90 AWD Ruby Red/black leather interior with 3yr/12,000 miles per in Rhode island. With the following:
    Premium
    Climate
    third row
    I am looking for a realistic range before taxes for upfront fees and monthly payment. Any help would be appreciated.
  • ckoolckool Member Posts: 86
    Hi
    Just one question, as to " $1000 excess wear and tear allowance" you mentioned, how does that works? Any additional fees for it ? or it's included in the monthly payment? Does it mean that at the end of the lease term, the wear and tear can not be over $1000?. I leased BMW prior and never heard this term before.
    IN addition, do you have any idea what will be the maintenance fee like for 24 months and 36 months.

Thanks a lot
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    Maintenance every 7,500 miles, first one covered byVolvo.

http://www.volvocars.us/salesandservices/maintenance/FactoryScheduledMaintenance- /

Your WearCare lease includes waiving up to $1,000 in excess wear and use charges*

http://www.volvocarfinance.com/lease/features_benefits.jhtml
    Thanks a lot
    Just picked up a 2008 XC90 FWD last night from Power Cerritos
    premium and versatility packages
    24 months, 12k miles a year, $4352 drive off, and monthly payments of $338 (taxes imcluded)

Bought a 2 yrs mainteance service plan for $352 which covered oil changed and standard maintenance service. According to dealer, it's a 50% off the regular cost.

Wish this would help
  • letchletch Member Posts: 8
    On edmunds it shows marketing support on the '08 XC90s of $3400 and says that it can be combined with other offers. I've also seen CarMan say that there is lease cash of $2000 currently on the '08 models. No one has yet to confirm whether the $2000 lease cash is in addition to the $3400 marketing support. CarMan (or others who know) please clarify as this obviously makes a huge difference in what should be expected on the cap cost. Thanks so much....I need to know asap so that I can feel comfortable negotiating my lease.
    Car man,

as per dealer, starting tomorow 11/15, volvo will be including their dual screen entertainment system for free. Does this mean that not only the DVD system will be free, the lease will also go down since MSRP and residuals will reflect the $1500 but cap cost will not. Please let me know if i am correct

Thanks
  • ttam53ttam53 Member Posts: 3
    That's interesting.

I'm still trying to decide what to do. The car I've been looking at has an MSRP of $44,725 but a dealer listed price of $38,499. What's my chances of getting it under $500 with no money down?

I'm still going back and forth between the XC70 and the 90. Anyone have an opinion on which I can get a better deal on? Mileage is not an issue for me, I'm always under 10,000 a year. I don't want to put any $$ down either.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    the lease incentive and the marketing support are mutually exclusive.
    Lease WILL NOT go down.
    You EITHER get the free DVD player OR the $2000 lease support
    Not both.
    That doesn't make sense. Who would pick a free $1500 dvd system over $2000?
    Just had a customer do that.
    Payment went up a couple of dollars,but he wanted the DVD system.
    volvomax,

there are $3000 and another $400 in cash to dealer incentives are listed on edmunds. Can those be applyed to leases?
    No
  • jimmyjohn215jimmyjohn215 Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted $2000 out of pocket 580 per month 24 month lease. but I will actually only have 23 payments because the first month is included in the $2000
    XC90 2008 Awd 7 seat dvd and sunroof
    What do you think is this a good deal or is there a better one out there?
  • godfather9godfather9 Member Posts: 31
    Here is what I am being offered-

XC90, FWD 3.2 MSRP 44,500
    Prem, Versatility, Navi, Grey Titanium, Black Leather Interior
    Cap cost- $39,500 (including $595 acq fee and the $2000 rebate)
    Money factor .00078
    Residual 63%
    24 month, 12k

$559 per month.
    $967 drive off which includes first month.

I have seen some $37,000 and $38,000 for this model- I am wondering if those are just one offs or can I keep pushing? It seemed to slow down here during the negotiation.

Thanks
  • xc91xc91 Member Posts: 2
    hi, been offered 24 month lease on a new XC90 Executive, with Nav, DVD, everything except BLIS and backup camera. offer is $575 per month (which includes taxes) for 24 months with a $5000 dollar downpayment which includes taxes, docs, and first months lease payment. is this a good offer?
  • drubindrubin Member Posts: 1
    Hi all.

Yesterday, I got an offer for a 24 month lease for a 2008 XC-90 AWD 3.2 with metallic paint (apparently that's extra), with the Climate, Versatility and Premium packages, and with DVD's for two in the head rests (the DVD's being "free" because of a current incentive). Because I suscribe to Edmunds' advice to pay as little down as possible on a lease, the money up front would be $1,526.03 (which, I think, includes the first month's payment, the bank fee, and a $600 security deposit which may be waived if my credit score is more than 720).

The monthly payment would be $592.90 - which I negotiated down from a first offer of $608.32.

Several Questions:

1. How does this monthly payment strike you? Is it good, fair, bad, or what?

2. I can wait a month or two before getting a new car since I have until January 22 on my current lease (not a Volvo). Any sense of whether the money factor, residual value, and other potential incentives, in the aggregate, will enable me to strike a better better or worse deal in December? January?

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • moremoremoremoremoremore Member Posts: 11
    :confuse: I was shocked at the deal I am getting...I think it's good-

It was either high 47,000s or low 48,200 MSRP for a few hundred under invoice. 2 year lease, 12,000 miles, $2500 total out of my pocket, NY tri-state lease
    ..Oh, and it has the DVD in the back...3 row seating.

$497 a month and I still want to get him down.

Any input? Thanks!
  • eastbeasteastbeast Member Posts: 13
    Here's what I am scheduled to drive off with this weekend (end of november)... It's a promo from about 2 months ago - saved for me by volvo finance because the vehicle had to be special ordered for me. I'm told that I cannot get the "free" dvd's because I have the old promos saved:
    xc90, 3.2, awd, premium, climate, metallic paint, BLIS, it's NOT at 7 seater...
    resid. .66
    mf: .00064
    24 month
    10,500 miles
    $476/month x 23 months (my out of pocket includes 1st month)
    $2547 total due at signing
    NJ/NY area
    How does this look??
  • jules81480jules81480 Member Posts: 23
    Quick question:

Is it smart to put money down when financing to purchase a car or is it best just to get the money from the trade-in and apply it towards that?
    Need responses ASAP!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,929
    when financing? yes, it is typically smart to put money down. BECAUSE car loans are usually not very low APRs. However, for something like a 0% or 1.9% promotional APR, I would suggest borrowing as much as possible and keep your cash in an interest-bearing account that gains you more interest than you are paying on the car.

I earn ~5% on average through my money market. So anytime someone wants to lend me money at a rate lower than that, I take the loan and keep the money in the account. Of course, there are other considerations to keep in mind, such as gap insurance. So you can't lose sight of that, either.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• amj05amj05 Member Posts: 4
    CarMan and fellow lessees,

I have a quote of $549 per month for a Volvo XC90 (up to but NOT including the convenience package; no navi; 10.5K/year; 24 months). The price is with nothing down, including taxes rolled in and with the Costco $1000 reduction; I would still have to pay $1549 out of pocket for first month, dmv and bank fee. The bank fee is about $790.

I have 5 payments left on my current leased car (not a volvo) at $320 per month. Volvo is telling me that they will pay three of the months (i.e., $960). They say that they will net the $960 left on my current lease against the $1549.

Something doesn't feel right about this. For nothing down and taxes rolled in, $1549 (or really $1000 b/c $549 is the first month) seems too high. Is the bank fee something that the dealer will usually waive?

Fyi, every other dealer (volvo or not) that I went to said that they would not pay the $960 left on my current lease - that if anything, they would roll it in to the cost of the lease. So, I feel like these guys are getting me to pay it somehow.

What do you all think?
  • jarhead169jarhead169 Member Posts: 1
    Hello to all. I have a few questions regarding all these lease terms, as I've never leased a vehicle before. I am a Marine currently in Iraq and the wife wants a new XC90. The current lease offers look enticing, but all the language and numbers on this site are confusing. SoCal Volvo dealers are adveritsing an 08 FWD V6 with premium and versatility packages and the "free" DVD system. MSRP is $44,000, $399/month for 24 mo. at 10.5K miles per year, with $3700 out of pocket. Is this a good deal, or could it get a lot better? Any suggestions and/or help would be greatly appreciated!
  • mbeammbeam Member Posts: 2
    I received telephone quotes from 8 different Volvo dealerships in the Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale/ Orlando area. This is what I ended up negotiating. I know it is a great deal and you just have to work the competition in your area or within a 250 mile radius to save the money. I ended up with a 3.2 FWD with premium package, BLIS, convenience package, versatility package, and the wood steering wheel. My payment is $527.36 without tax, with tax it is $559/mo. It is 24 months with 12, 000 miles per year. This is with $0 down. The first payment and tag were included in the original price. So, I will only make 23 payments. I didn't write a check to drive away. My advice to the marine is to e-mail the internet sales guys with what you want and the best that they can do. Then ask each one to de better than the other. Don't take your first offer.
  • fantomfantom Member Posts: 211
    Great deal mberm....

Do you mind sharing the dealer and contact? I'm in South Florida also.
  • mbeammbeam Member Posts: 2
    I also failed to mention that I have the metallic paint also. And it came with the $1000 Lease WearCare. I received a new plate and didn't have to pay the $100 Florida new plate fee either. Like I said previously, I didn't have to pay a cent to drive off the lot. I will give you the name of the salesperson if you e-mail me. I received a higher quote from a different salesperson at the same dealership. I didn't realize at the time that Margate Volvo purchased Gold Coast Volvo. The first maintenence from Volvo at 7500 miles is free from Volvo also. Margate Volvo will wash your car for free anytime you bring it in.
  • fantomfantom Member Posts: 211
    Copy Margate Volvo....it's very close, and that's probably all I need. Thanks.

I can't email you unless you enable that function.
  • 1batman1batman Member Posts: 4
    Car-Man,
    Can yo please let me know if this is a good deal.
    2008 Volvo XC 90 - 3.2 V6
    Black with Black Leather Interior
    Convenience Package
    Versatility Package
    Premium Package
    Climate Package
    Entertainment System
    BLIS
    Navigational System

24 months
    15,000 miles
    Sign and Drive, nothing out of pocket, (Tax, Title, all payments, included in monthly Payment.)

$680 a month

Also, I am considering getting this without Nav, what is the feedback regarding the Nav system.

Thank you,

Bruce
  • rm65rm65 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking to lease an XC90 with just taxes and inceptions out of pocket. I have a trade that would be roughly worth 15k. So will a dealership take the taxes, inceptions, etc..out of the trade and give me back the rest in cash? I have never done this and not sure if it is even possible.-Any help would be great! Thanks!
    Yes, they can.
    Assuming that the rade is free and clear.
    If not, then any equity can be applied to the tax and license fees.
  • rm65rm65 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the quick reply!
  • furr8080furr8080 Member Posts: 2
    what did you do? Does this include 3rd row? Are you pleased? My 2004 xc90 awd t6 is a disaster...just want a newer model that doesn't have all the problems I have faced!
  • g_pg_p Member Posts: 3
    We have decided on an 08 XC90 and plan to lease for 24 mo/12K year. I would appreciate anyone who has some feedback on the following offer. I have always purchased and need some experienced voices with my first lease.

We have an offer from Volvo of Charlotte (in NC) on a 3.2L, 5 seater, Metallic paint, premium pkg, climate pkg, navi and the "free" rear seat ent system. The MSRP on the vehicle is 43,220.

Offer (using Costco's services)
    Invoice = 40,205
    Minus incentive of 2500
    Minus Cosco saving of 1000
    PRICE = 36,705 plus TTL

Quoted a residual of 62% (dealer quoted residual value of 27,827)
    Quoted a money factor of .0009
    I haven't finalized the lease agreement, but the salesman is quoting me a monthly payment of 541 with tax (property and sales) included. That is with a 1000 down (including first month).

My questions:
    1) I feel good about the purchase price but want to know if I am leaving any money on the table.
    2) How was the residual calculated? I cannot figure how 62% is 27,827 of MSRP or negotiated price.
    3) Does the lease payment seem high with the info given?
    4) What should I look at closely on the lease agreement when it get presented in a couple days?
    5) Is it common for property tax to be included in a lease? I am accustomed to paying County/City prop tax on my vehicles, but didn't know it would be included in the lease.
    6) NC sales tax (or "highway use tax" is 3%). In a lease, do I only pay the tax on the depreciation amount or the whole sales price?

I appreciate ANY help/comments I can get. I won't let 5-10 bucks a month keep me from getting my wife her car, but want to do the best I can.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and sorry for the long post.
    Hi jimmyjohn215. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the XC90 that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi godfather9. The money factor that you were quoted for the XC90 that you are interested in looks slightly high. According to the latest information that I have seen, Volvo Finance's current buy rate for a 24 month lease of a 2008 XC80 3.2 FWD is .00023 for the 5-passenger model and .00036 for the 7-passenger model.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. The '08 XC90 that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $3,200 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus, Volvo is providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of XC90s that don't have the entertainment system. That gives you a total of $5,200 to play with. The $5,000 discount that you were quoted looks reasonable to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi xc91. Let me begin by saying that $5,000 is way too much money to pay at lease signing. If your state allows it, you would be better off rolling any taxes that you have to pay into your vehicle's capitalized cost. Also, it really isn't a good idea to make a capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of them if their car or truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. It's safer to pay as little as possible at signing, even if it means that your monthly payment will be slightly higher.

As far as this specific deal goes, you never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the XC90 that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello drubin. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the xc90 that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

As far as when to lease goes, Volvo's current lease program for the XC90 is scheduled to run through the end of the year. I do not anticipate it making any revisions to it prior to then, but one never knows what will happen for certain. Volvo's January lease program for the XC90 will likely be fairly similar to its current program, but it's difficult to predict exactly what an automaker will do with its future programs with 100% certainty.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.