Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Cadillac CTS and CTS-V

2»

Comments

• rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    LOL, yeah it's a hard decision ;)

Rocky
  • no1listensno1listens Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone reccomend and HID kit for a 2007. I am very interested in making the converison.
  • luvautoluvauto Member Posts: 25
    Wanting to lease 3.6L for 39 months, saleslady says buy '07 with added incentives now. '08 will be out in Aug. timeframe, mot much discount until later in the year.

The bottom-line is a good deal on 07 now vs. '08 - buying price?? It may be december by the time large incentives kick in. The difference may be $50/month - guesstimate.
    What do you all think?
    :confuse:
    Get the 08' and find you a dealer that will give you a discount. The residuals on the 08' will be very high and you will be getting twice the car IMHO because I think you will be happier you did. The 08' might be the best ELLPS on the market. ;)

Rocky
  • volvodan1volvodan1 Member Posts: 188
    The 08 will be a better car. So as long as you can afford it, wait. But I do think there will be a fairly substantial price difference. It took 2-3 years for any real incentives on the CTS. It will be longer than a few months to get a bunch of money off.

The CTS has never really gotten to the point wherer there have been a lot of incentives, unless you are leasing. That is why the resale has been strong.

If you are going to lease, it is a good time now. Depending on where you are at, there is $3-4000 in lease assistance.
    thanks rockylee; smart advice. High residual of '08 trades off with current '07 lease incentives. while awaiting for the '08 3.6L, the '07 incentives are attractive.
    what's your take on '07 3.6L in terms of performance, reliability and quality?
    Thanks volvodan for pointed advice. You're right. i'll look into leasing. do you think i should consider other cars with comparable price/performance of CTS 3.6L? I'm used to RWD (also have one FWD). The looks of Acura TL, Lexus IS don't turn me on. bmw 335i is way over budget+no deals. From what I read, CTS 3.6L(lesser known gem) is strong in speed(0-60)/torque, turning circle, brakes, cabin comfort. Good/different styling, cabin room, reliability, etc. The '05 and'06 reviews show some not liking the interior controls and design but provide no specifics. Is '07 the same as '05/'06? Also, what are other costs like regular/scheduled maint.? Should I look at other cars?
    Appreciate your advice and insights.
    thanks rockylee; smart advice. High residual of '08 trades off with current '07 lease incentives. while awaiting for the '08 3.6L, the '07 incentives are attractive.

No problem.... I would classify myself as being one of the most knowledgable posters on this site when it comes to GM stuff. I learn a lot from others and try to pass on my knowledge to others. Most of my family including Dad, both grandfathers Many uncles, aunts, step grandfather, step dad alll work for or have worked for GM/Delphi.

what's your take on '07 3.6L in terms of performance, reliability and quality?

If you want one of these then get the 07' CTS Bose Edition.

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/model/gallery.jsp?model=cts&year=2007

Their is a special lease deal on the 3.6 Bose Edition

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/financing/offers-financing-models.jsp?model=- all&tab=event

The 07' CTS will perform very well and will be very reliable as I know of no major problems with them. The lease is very attractive for me as I can get it even cheaper with my GM discount and wouldn't have to put any money down and could drive a 07' Bose Edition for probably $250-$275 with 10K a year for miles.

If you want to pay more but get at least twice the car the 08' is worth waiting for. I thinking about leasing/buying one this summer and depending on when the 09' CTS-V comes out I will trade it in or sell it at that time. ;)

Rocky
  • mediapushermediapusher Member Posts: 305
    Rockylee, puhleeez get over yourself "Mary" This Caddy as the M badge killer? LOL! Is that the biggest joke of the century or what? They might want to do something like get rid of cheap and HOLLOW plastics before they even think of becoming that
  • mustangman911mustangman911 Member Posts: 7
    My neighbor's daughter has a CTS-V (spoiled young people :surprise: ) and IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I find it hard to believe, though, that they trust a 20 year old with a 500hp car.........

--Mustangman911
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,498
    in a bit under two years.

Looks like the '07 CTSs are driven by people who don't spend a lot of time on Edmunds.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    just wondering why you are responding to a three year old message???? it was posted Oct 05.........
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    Come on, go easy on him...he was simply composing his response very carefully, and did not want to make any mistakes that he would have to "edit" six months later...:):):):):)
  • mustangman911mustangman911 Member Posts: 7
    Why are you reading it? -ominous smile-
  • oharamjoharamj Member Posts: 2
    I've been meaning to post my experience with an "04 CTS 3.6l- so here goes

Bough 2.5yrs ago as a certified used car from Cad. dealer in Milwaukee. I'm an engineer (exactly the demographic Cadillac are trying to market to - 35yrs old). It was a leap of faith buying a Cadillac but I thought I'd try it - the CTS looks great- mine is black with a regular base leather interior.

Here what has been done to it: (out of necessity- it recently hit 100k- so warranty expired)

2 Rear ends (complete diff [non-permissible content removed]'y)- Note last one was put in in Oct last year (when car was serviced recently dealer told me the oil from [non-permissible content removed]'y was black on one side of diff- so new fluid etc. put in). The car got stuck in grass at side of my driveway during bad snow in Wi in Dec - 2 min.s of trying to get it out- has almost killed the diff. clutch (nothing heroic- gently tried to one wheel onto tarmac) - I understand CTS's have an appetite for diff.s - either a design or Mexico AMM manufacturing problem- but this is a big ticket item.

1 Half shaft - drive to axle from diff.
    1 new seal- wheel hub (radial shaft seal)
    New engine chains & sprockets - complete timing chain replacement

Water pump gasket-#1 Coolant leak #1 (Dealer told me it was the gasket - took it to another dealer closer to home because 100k warranty was looming

Water Pump gasket#2 - Coolant leak#2 (I've worked in auto. selaing industry for large German company- know that seals/probabilities don't go bad twice in a relatively short space of time) - took it to a Chevy dealer closer to home- turns out the gasket was fine- the cylinder head was leaking

1 cylinder head job gasket and water pump- see above

AC - two trips to delaer to fix bad gaskets
    3 struts in front end ( one set only lasted a year)
    2 radios (stopped working)
    Leak in trunk
    Leak in floor well - driver's side - 2 trips to resolve
    Broken Vent switch, loose trim, peeling paint m ball joints, starting disabled because of sftware issue , bushings.....................etc

this is just what I can remember- there is no room in glove box for the encylopedia of invoices generated by dealer to fix problems- and I have no idea what was done to it by prior owner. (note each line item represents trip to dealer.

At 103k - the transmission / radiator closed loop cooling failer - send trans. fluid to red. and coolant to trans. - cost $4300 to fix. When car was picked up at dealer a few weeks ago- I'm told it developed a brake assist problem right there in the servicing bay and needs a new sensor- and the thermostat is lazy- all happened at dealer.

I had the car serviced at a Cadillac dealer religuously ( being an engineer I can appreciate maintenance) and also paid the $500 shoe and rotor regrind without complaint when the economy was in the toliet and the dealer was obviously balancing the books.

GM- with a serious push put 25% toward parts in the transmission fiasco- and more or less stated you are on your own- which is a major disappointment to say the least. I believe the official line was - " there are too many miles on the car and it's an 2004" - all of which is true- but the car was 3k over it's warranty (with what is a design fault), with a meticulously maintained car..............

GM have a lot of catching up to do quality wise.... I've driven the new CTS - and on the surface like it's earlier sibling- everything looks in order- but I can't take the risk again with this brand.

I don't believe in Lemons - systems failure happen because of just that- but all these items I've dealt with are isolated systems- which means exceptionally poor quality.- plain and simple I'm afraid.
This discussion has been closed.