Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Dodge Charger Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,740
edited July 2014 in Dodge
Ask your lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• jhandaljhandal Member Posts: 4
    Hi i wanted to know if you could tell me the current residual and money factor on a 36 or 39 month lease on a dodge charger sxt. I was at a few dealers and they both gave me different prices and one told me that dodge charges a $700 bank fee, while the other told me that there is no bank fee. The cars msrp is 27,545 and i'm trying to get them to match carsdirect.com price of 24,675. I will be putting $2,000 down plus paying the DMV fees of $340 and tax. Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi jhandal. If you were to lease a 2006 Dodge Charger SXT through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00266 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00266 and 51%. Chrysler Financial charges a $550 acquisition fee on the vehicles that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • enun05enun05 Member Posts: 2
    I want to know if the dodge charger is a fast car. Is it front wheel drive or what?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,740
    Try this discussion:

Dodge Charger for 2006

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• t_o_n_yt_o_n_y Member Posts: 6
    I am looking at leasing the 2006 Dodge Charger. A local dealer has offered to fanagle an employee discount for me, and I also qualify for Lease Loyalty. The max term is 36 months/36K miles (it appears DCX is pushing 27/27 right now) and I want $0 down payment (startups are okay).

The vehicle I want is as follows:

Base MSRP $22,320
    27G SXT Package MSRP $3,200
    WPR 18X7.5 Polished Aluminum Wheels MSRP $150
    Destination $675
    Total MSRP $26,345

Can you calculate what my lease payment would look like before state sales tax? I just want to be sure I am informed before accepting an offer. Thanks.
    Hi t_o_n_y. I'd be happy to estimate what your lease payment should be like on this car for you. However, in order for me to do so I need you to tell me the exact selling price that you are getting it for. On a related note, I wasn't sure what to think of the Charger's styling at first, but I have to tell you that it has really grown on me. I now really like the way that it looks. Anyhow, get me that number and I'll work up a payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • jdifotjdifot Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

Quick question. I just signed up for a deal with a local dealer on a charger SE. MSRP $22,995, Payments of $275 per month, with $2775 down and $825 for aquisition registration and taxes, residual of $12,187. Am I getting a good deal? I have already paid $1,100 for the first month, aquisition, taxes, and registration but have not taken possesion of the vehicle. I believe I can still back put if I find a better deal. Your advise would be much appreciated.
  • t_o_n_yt_o_n_y Member Posts: 6
    Sorry Car_man - here is what I know so far:

The total price is $23,517 (without startups). That includes the $1000 incentive currently offered.
    Hi jdifot. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what this car's selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Don't worry about it, Tony, community members leave out this sort of information all the time. OK, if you were to lease a 2006 Dodge Charger SXT with an MSRP of $26,345 and a selling price of $23,517 through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $355.

Car_man
    Host
  • h0ldemh0ldem Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I test drove Chargers over the weekend. We had a great time. We're seriously considering an R/T. I was wondering if anyone had current residuals and money factors for the R/T, so that I can put some numbers together?

Thanks in advance.
    I'm glad that you liked the Charger so much, h0ldem. I personally wasn't sure what to think about it when it first came out, but it has really grown on me. I like it now. This car's money factors and residual values vary depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. For now, I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T through Chrysler Financial on or before April 3rd for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00244 and 50%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that DaimlerChrysler is providing a $1,000 bonus on leases of it and most dealers are getting $1,000 dealer cash back on vehicles sold right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,863
    sooo... would that be $2k that someone leasing should be able to get off the cap cost?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Well, you should have been able to get more than $2,000 off of the capitalized cost of a Charger last month, qbrozen. The $2,000 was only the cash incentives that were available on it. You should have been able to negotiate an additional discount on top of that.

Car_man
    Host
  • elchurroelchurro Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man,

Your post was very informative, even for someone trying to buy. I am looking to buy a Charger SXT (package 27G, 18 in. wheels, Sirius & leather) with an MSRP of $27,052. Including the $1,000 rebate, I have been able to negotiate down to $25,852. I was not aware, however, of the $1000 cash back. I have the following questions that may help with my negotiations:

1. Assuming I have excellent credit, will the $1,000 rebate result in a high interest rate--9% or higher.

2. How much "play" should I get out of the dealer cash back?

Thanks.
    I'm glad that you found it so helpful, elchurro. Chrysler is not currently providing any special finance rates on the Charger right now. As a result, if you finance through it to take advantage of the $1,000 Chrysler Financial Bonus you will have to use its standard finance rates. Most captive finance companies', especially GM's, Ford's and Chrysler's, standard finance rates are fairly high. I'm not sure what Chrysler Financial's current standard rate is, but it's probably around 8.x% to 9.x%. If you want to take advantage of the additional $1,000 bonus, but don't like the high rate, you can always pay your loan off early or refinance your car through an independent bank.

Car_man
    Host
  • andre1andre1 Member Posts: 85
    Car_Man,
    For June, are the residual and money factor still 50% and .00244 for a Dodge Charger R/T (15,000/36 months)? Also, what is the same lease information for 12,000/36 months, 12,000/24 months and 15,000/24 months? Thanks!
    Hey andre1. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a 2006 Dodge Charger RT are .00333 and 49%, respectively. For a 24 month, 15,000 mile per year lease its current numbers should be .00136 and 58%. The residual values for either of these leases with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man,
    Please provide the August residual and money factors for the 2006 Dodge Charger R/T as follows. Also, is Dodge offering any lease cash this month on this vehicle?

24 and 36 month
    12K and 15K miles per year
  • kem_7kem_7 Member Posts: 1
    OK, I'm a little confused here. I went to a Dodge dealer tonight to get a quote for a lease on a 2006 Charger R/T. I have a Saturn Vue that still has ~$1400 in lease payments left. DCX is currently offering Employee Pricing on Chargers, and the one I was looking at would come out to a base price of $28,000 with Employee Pricing. OK, I'm fine with that....here's what I don't get. The dealer came back with a quote of $900 down and $650/month!!!! This is before any credit checks / financing issues / etc....is it just me or does that seem a tad HIGH??? Even if you roll in the remaining lease payments, that would put my base at like $30k....since when does any $30k car come out with a LEASE price of $650/month?? This was the 27/27 term. I just don't get it. And this is for an '06 model when they've got a lot FULL of 06's and 2007's coming off the trucks already. Um, HELLO?? Anyone have any idea how I can get a Charger that's actually REASONABLE?? For $650/month, I'm gonna walk down the street to the BMW dealer and park myself in a 7-series! Anyway...any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
    Here you go, andre1. DaimlerChrysler seems to be pushing two year leases of this car right now. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T, cool vehicle btw, with 15,000 miles per year are .00214 and 58%, respectively. This car's 36 month numbers are .00341 and 49%. If you were to lease it with only 12,000 miles per year, its 24 month residual value would be 1% higher and its 36 month residual value would be 2% higher. DaimlerChrysler is not providing any cash incentives on the '06 Charger this month, other than the ability to purchase it through its Employee Purchase Program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi kem_7. You're right, that lease payment does sound pretty high. I would be happy to use Chrysler Financial's actual lease program to tell you what your lease payment should be on this car, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and selling price. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • surge1surge1 Member Posts: 8
    Car_man,
    by using your figures for August on a 36 month lease, I came up w/ the following for the Charger R/T base:
    MSRP: $30705
    Employee pricing: $27881
    Residual: $15045
    Tax In NY state: %8.375
    Lease payments w/ $0 down: $442.01/month.

does this sound about right to you? Also, do you know if NY state requires you to pay taxes on the whole car, or just the lease payments?
    Thank you.
  • carlaw1carlaw1 Member Posts: 3
    Also, Car_man,

Would it be possible to calculate a 24 month and 36 month, 15k year, 0 down, for a Charger SRT-8 with an employee price of 38,806?

Like others, I am comparing this car against the CTS-V, which seems to lease at a better rate. More expensive car, but similar lease payments. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
  • ciccocicco Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a charger r/t on 8/31. Got a pretty good deal I think. Deal is as follows: 27 months/15k per year. $398 per month with $3000 down. The car sticker is 33k even. I got employee price minus $1000. Plus $1000 rebate for an aged vehicle (car was on the lot since March). Residual was 57%. Interest rate was around 5%. Watch out for the $425 turn in fee on the back end of the lease if they go through Diamler. I got the dealer to absorb it since they did not disclose it up front. Good luck to all new charger owners. I love mine so far. :)
    Hi surge1. I just worked up a sample lease payment using Chrysler Financial's new September lease program (.00225 / 47%) and here's what I came up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T with an MSRP of $30,705 and a selling price of $27,881 through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $469. With only 12,000 miles per year, the payment for an otherwise identical lease would drop to around $454.

I'm not sure how New York calculates sales tax on leased vehicles, but you may be able to find out by visiting one of the following sites: New York State Department of Motor Vehicles Internet Office or New York State Department of Taxation and Finance.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I'd be happy to work up a lease payment for you, carlaw1. However, in addition to the selling price that you have already mentioned, I also need you to provide me with this car's MSRP in order to do so. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new Charger, cicco. It's a neat vehicle. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Car_Man,
    Please provide the October lease numbers (money factor, residual) for the 2006 Charger R/T and SRT models. Please provide these numbers for 24 and 36 months for 12K and 15K miles per year. Also, does the $2000 lease cash still apply for October. Thanks!
    Hey andre1. Here you go. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T with 15,000 miles per year are .00134 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00225 and 47%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its 24 month residual value would be 1% higher and its 36 month residual would be 2% higher. The $2,000 bonus for deals through Chrysler Financial is still available in October.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • tbone08tbone08 Member Posts: 4
    I live in NY and will be coming out of my lease of a Dodge Durango in January but want to see if the dealer will absorb some of the payments. I want to lease a 2007 Dodge Charger SXT All Wheel drive through Chrysler Financial for 36 or 39 months with 12,000 miles per year depending on which will be a lower payment. I priced one out at $28,400. What is a good monthly payment with no money down? Are the dealers flexible with the cost? Is Dodge or Chrysler Financial offering any lease cash rebates/incentives on this vehicle?
    Hi tbone08. When you say that you "price one out" at $28,400, do you mean that this is this car's MSRP or selling price? I need both of these numbers to estimate what this car's lease payment should be for you. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. When negotiating your selling price for this car, keep in mind that DaimlerChrysler is currently providing a $500 bonus on it for leases through Chrysler Financial. Anyhow, let me know what the MSRP and selling price are and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Car_man. I got that price off one of the internet buying sites. I just configured the vehicle again on Edmunds.com. The MSRP is $31,395, the Invoice is $29,101 and TMV is $30,341. Thanks for the heads up about the $500 bonus. Where can I find that information to print out? Also, since I am a currently leasing through Chrysler Financial would they provide me with a "Lease Loyalty" bonus as well?

Thanks.
  • cocolo2kcocolo2k Member Posts: 18
    I want a short term lease and looking at different cars, at first I dint want American but i thought if i was leasing what would it matter. I like the charger and the 300 limited and I wanted to know whats the lowest price people have gotten on a v6 with navigation? I am in NY if it matters. I am interestedin a price in the 300's if not lower
    Hey tbone08. You can find out what incentives are currently available on this car by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com Current Incentives & Rebates. If you have any questions about the programs that are listed in that area please feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them for you. DaimlerChrysler usually provides a $1,000 lease loyalty incentive on select models, unfortunately the 2007 Dodge Charger is not one of them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • team118team118 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man;

Great site! I would like to lease a 2006 R/T Charger, MSRP - $34,360. "My price" is $32,461 minus $2,000 in rebates ($30,461 for the car).

I am being told a 39 month lease with 15k miles will be about $564 with nothing down. That price includes all NY taxes and dealer charges.

What is the residual for this car? and what does "Rate lease money factor" mean?

Is there anything I am missing? This is a business car and I want to make sure I am getting the best deal for the company and our shareholders.

Thanks!
    Hi Car_man, Thanks for the info. Can you run lease numbers for me? I would like to lease a 2007 Charger SXT AWD, New York State MSRP -$30,810, My price is $28,803. Terms 36months/12k miles per year. No money down. What is the monthly payment?
    Hi team118. Money factors are used to calculate the interest portion of vehicles' monthly payments (residual values are used to calculate the other part, the depreciation portion). A vehicle's "buy rate" lease money factor is the number that is published by the bank that you are leasing through. Banks essentially provide dealers with a list of what their buy rates are for every vehicle that they lease. It is important to know what the buy rate is for the vehicle that you want to lease because dealers are often allowed to "mark-up" vehicles buy rates to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals. By marking your vehicle's money factor up, dealers are essentially charging you a higher interest rate for your lease and then getting a kickback from the bank. This is not as much of an issue with a lease through Chrysler Financial as it would be for a lease of a luxury brans, like BMW. BMW dealers are notorious for marking up vehicle's money factors. You can see exactly how vehicles' money factors are used to calculate lease payments by checking out the following article: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Having said all off this, unfortunately DaimlerChrysler is no longer providing lease support on 2006 models. If you really want to lease a Dodge Charger, you actually may be better off going with a 2007 model. It will have a much more attractive lease program available on it right now, i.e. a lower money factor and a higher residual value.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    No problem, tbone08. I'd be happy to crunch some numbers for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Dodge Charger SXT AWD that has an MSRP of $30,810 and a selling price of $28,803 through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $475.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • sdcapsdcap Member Posts: 28
    Does anyone know the current Lease Money Factors and Residuals for Chargers? I cant seem to google a buy sheet with this info. Trying to figure out which lease program is most advantageous.

Thank you in advance.
  • rain33rain33 Member Posts: 2
    I have been looking at cars for while and love the charger - SXT w/ AWD. Would it be better to wait for an 08 model? Any changes in trim or options in the next year? Plus, which year is going to have better "incentives" for a new lease?
  • kmouradiankmouradian Member Posts: 36
    Car_Man,

My lease on my 2004 Chrysler Crossfire isn't up till the end of Sept. I recently got a letter stating that Chrysler will waive my last 5 lease payments if I decide to stay within the Chrylser family.

Looking at possibly leasing a 2007 Charger SRT-8. I know there is $3500 lease cash available. Just need to know what the money factor and residual is. This would be for a 36 month lease at 15k miles/yr.

Thanks and hopefully will be sporting a new SRT-8 soon! Yes, I know gas is $3.00/gallon and it gets 14/20 EPA. But you only live once! :shades:
  • drwilydrwily Member Posts: 3
    Hey kmourdian I'm not Car Man but I think I can help. Since the introduction on the lease cash I myself am about to lease a Charger. If you go with 36 months your residual is 54% and your money factor is .00312. However, I went with 27 months which has a factor of 62% and a money factor of .00269. Hell of a choice this thing is a beast! Good luck.
  • garretohmgarretohm Member Posts: 1
    Have you thought about going to a dealer-only site like www.automart.com?
    Greetings sdcap. This car's lease program varies by term, mileage allowance, and trim level. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease of a 2007 Dodge Charger SXT with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '07 Dodge Charger SXT with 15,000 miles per year are .00254 and 49%, respectively in most of the country if you qualify for its top credit tier. I said "most of the country" because this car has s slightly better lease program in DaimlerChrysler's Northeast region. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 lease cash and $500 bonus cash ($2,000 total) that are available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings rain33. I don't personally know much about what if any changes are being made to the 2008 version of the Dodge Charger, but you may be able to find out by visiting the following discussion: "Dodge Charger 2006+". It's difficult to say what the 2008 version's lease program will be like when it is introduced. I personally doubt that it will be any better than DaimlerChrysler's current lease program on the 2007 model though.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi kmouradian. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 with 15,000 miles per year are .00266 and 54%, respectively in most of the country (its lease program in its Northeast region is slightly better).

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • nathans2nathans2 Member Posts: 2
    I want a dodge charger SXT with an MSRP of 31,220 i want to put 2000 down.. what should the monthly payment be around? is 300$ a month a possibility?
  • retrorotorretrorotor Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,
    See next message...
  • retrorotorretrorotor Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,
    I'm looking for residual and money factor for a 2007 Charger R/T in the NorthEast (Massachusetts).
    36mo./12Kmi.
    24mo./12Kmi.
    My '04 Pacifica lease is ending and with lease loyalty ($1K) plus the rebate & bonus ($3.5K), the Charger looks like a nice option. :shades: