Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Mazda CX-9

Comments

• simagicsimagic Member Posts: 84
    brings me to the same site...No cx-9
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    It's working for me (IE7/XP). You should be seeing the CX-9 on the bottom row of vehicles to choose from using Unixxus' link.

Then there's a zip code pop-up you have to fill in to get to the build the vehicle part.
    Thanks....This is all I get (below)..I have windows 98 SE....BUT.....about a month ago I did get it, but now has just disappeared. Must be a "glich" somewhere here on my end. If someone could send me the "link" to "build a mazda" CX-9,that would be great so I can get into it. Thanx

Mazda3 4-Door
    Mazda3 5-Door
    Mazda5
    Mazda6 Sports Sedan
    Mazda6 5-Door
    Mazda6 Sport Wagon
    MX-5 Miata
    RX-8
    CX-7
    Tribute
    B-Series Truck
    Mazdaspeed3
    Mazdaspeed6

Enter ZIP or Dealer Name
    Maybe this link one will work for you. And try clearing your cookies and cache in your browser.
    Thanks Steve...Again it brings me to the same spot. Could you please go to "build a CX-9" and copy and paste the address and then post it here. Then I can copy it and open it, (hopefully)..Thanks
  • brutus22brutus22 Member Posts: 122
    Try downloading Firefox, this browser might work for you better.

B.
    That was the Build a CX-9 link. :shades:

Here is is spelled out:

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/configEntryPoint.action?

buttonAction=continue&vehicleCode=CX9&modelYear=2007&skipZip=0&from=&zip=99501

I broke the link after the action? so it wouldn't mess up the screen here so you'll need to copy all of it and take the spacing out between action? and buttonActon, and then paste the whole thing in the address bar of the browser.

And I stuck an Anchorage zip code in for grins. You should be able to stick your own zip code in there.
    Thanks anyway....I guess I give up......It keeps bringing me back to that same screen I indicate on thread 657. I know the "build a CX-9" screen..I was on it a couple weeks ago, (It shows all the CX-9 models and options and retail prices available), but just can't get back to it.
    Was that the actual "build a CX-9" screen address that you forwarded to me, or just an address to "get you to" the build a CX-9 window???....Getting frustrated...
    It's the link with the various options to build a CX-9 - Select A Trim, Colors, Packages and Options, etc.

Sounds like a cache issue to me in your browser. Depending on what version you have, look under Tools > Delete Browsing History or Tools > Internet Options > General Tab > Temporary Internet Files > Delete Cookies and Delete Files. Clearing the History may help too.

You can also try building one with Edmunds.
    Thanks once more...I went ahead and did "everything" you mentioned..still no luck, but thanks for your effort. It's just not going to happen I guess. I went to the Edmunds site you gave me. It's certainly helpful, but not quite as comprehensive as the Mazda's build it site. Thanks again
    Maybe it's time for some sleep engineering. :shades:

Shut 'er down and go enjoy the sunshine. Or take a test drive and get paid for it:

steve_, "Auto Parts Bargains and Coupons" #18, 3 Mar 2007 9:38 am

:shades:
    Downloaded firefox and got right into the CX-9 build it site...great..thanks
  • larroolarroo Member Posts: 7
    hey folks, so how is everyone enjoying the driving experience with the CX-9? The reviews are good and bad for this vehicle but I'm still interested so can I get any good feedback ??
  • amcdadamcdad Member Posts: 61
    laroo- What "bad" reviews have you seen? Everything I have read in the auto press has been nothing but praise...
  • satwarsatwar Member Posts: 6
    Quote: [amcdad] What "bad" reviews have you seen? Everything I have read in the auto press has been nothing but praise...

Try this one as an example of a negative review:

A negative CX-9 review
  • lateralglateralg Member Posts: 929
    "Lack of highway punch"? Certainly not my experience.
  • nxs138nxs138 Member Posts: 481
    Not a bad review, when you compare it to the Acadia review. In fact, I'd have to say that the reviewers are inconsistent, i.e. they complain about expensive option packages on the CX-9, but say nothing about the option packages on the Acadia that brings it into $45k territory. They also give the same rating for rear comfort, but from what I have read the Acadia should have a higher rating since it is more roomy. Go figure...
  • lazyace13lazyace13 Member Posts: 15
    Quoted directly from the review you mentioned: "CX-9 is a stylish, refined entry that adeptly balances solid driving dynamics with generous passenger and cargo room. Count among its demerits a lack of highway passing punch and costly option packages that quickly inflate sticker prices. Still, this Mazda is a good choice in an increasingly crowded field of seven-seat midsize SUVs."

Anyone who owns one or has driven one knows that highway 'passing punch' is abundant at all times. Everyone's option packages are 'costly'. Where are the negatives in this review??? They loved the CX-9. You will too! :)
  • satwarsatwar Member Posts: 6
    Quote: Everyone's option packages are 'costly'. Where are the negatives in this review???

The test drive review rating indicates a very mediocre car. I don't think consumers want to hear this about a car that is in the top of it's class price range. I found it a little surprising that it is rated below the current model of Honda Pilot, which is rated as class leading. The CX-9 doesn't even get a "Recommended" rating like it's little brother, the CX-7.
    the review at eopinions.com wasn't glowing at all. That's about the nastiest I've seen.
  • 99zoomr99zoomr Member Posts: 55
    I would agree that the CX-9 is not for everyone. Some will find the ride too firm. I prefer a firm ride, and find it to be very solid feeling over potholes, road irregularities, and railroad crossings. It also took me awhile to get the seating adjusted to a position I felt comfortable in, but with the 8-way power seat and the degree of travel, along with the tilt/telescoping wheel, I've finally got it where I'm comfortable. (It's the GT) So far in regular daily commuting, I've found the engine to be smooth, quiet, and have plenty of power when I needed it. I haven't actually pushed it too hard since it still has less than a 1000 miles on it.
    well I've learned over the years to make my own decisions regarding car appeal. When I look at the competitors, the CX-9 does stand out. The Acadia is a boat and very bloated looking, the Edge is pretty lame, the interior is too Ford ie cheap and uninspiring and the outside is too boxy and bulky, so Mazda wins hands down. And it is about as close in styling to the Audi Q7, a bit of a stretch but closer than all the others out there!
  • lazyace13lazyace13 Member Posts: 15
    My best buddie drives an '06 Pilot and after driving my CX-9 he can't wait for his lease to end! I would "recommend" that anyone test drive a CX-9 and formulate their own opinion. The only thing that really matters is what you "think" about it? :)
    The reviewer on eopinions test drove a FWD Sport, then proceeded to compare the drive to an MDX. He also focused on the size comparison with GM- obviously there is a size vs. style/handling tradeoff between the GM trio and the CX-9. He didn't think much of the CX-9's third row- I can fit there just fine for moderate trips (and am 6 feet tall)

It was a strange review overall, and it seems like the reviewer should have tried a GT AWD then made his comparisons. I think the reviews from USAToday, MSNBC, Edmunds, New Car Test Drive, and Motor Trend were all more helpful.
    I agree with your assesment. The CX-9 is all about the tailoring of a vehicle like this one on the inside and out. They were successful at making it look slimmer on the outside and refined on the inside. If you take a look at the dash on an MDX it is just rediculous. Just too much going on, too many curves and so stylized that it dates really quickly [ look at the BMW 5 series for an example of a car over designed ]. So I think the Mazda is the best all around.
    for those of you driving the CX-9 has anyone found the console a bit too high? When I test drove one perhaps I didn't have the seat adjusted enough but I was aware of the rather tall console. And for some does it feel clastraphobic after a while ?
  • zman3zman3 Member Posts: 857
    I am curious about this also. We sat in the CX-9 for the first time at the Minneapolis auto show yesterday. One of the first comments my wife made was expressing concern over how high the console/dash seemed.
  • neutro99neutro99 Member Posts: 8
    Yes it was a strange review. I posted my comment there.

http://www.epinions.com/content_315165806212/show_~allcom
  • 99zoomr99zoomr Member Posts: 55
    Yes, I've had my CX-9 GT FWD now for almost 2 weeks and I'm finally getting used to the console height. I think if it was about an inch lower it would be perfect, but I've been able to get the seat raised just enough and the wheel tilted so it's pretty comfortable. So far that's about my only gripe, so no biggie. It doesn't feel claustrophobic to me, but my other car is a Miata, so anything else will feel huge... ;)

By the way, I finally decided to test the 30mph - 70mph performance while merging onto an interstate. It really accelerated much better than I thought it would based on some of the reviews I'd read. Plenty of power!
  • bfeldsteinbfeldstein Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone know when the first CX-9s with power rear liftgate will hit the showroom? One dealer told me early summer (June/July), and another one told me late March/early April.
  • remmibremmib Member Posts: 32
    One dealer told me they cannot order the power liftgate option until Apr. 2, then it'll take a couple months for the car to arrive.... don't know what the real store is. Maybe try asking Mazda???
  • bfeldsteinbfeldstein Member Posts: 12
    When one dealer looked in his computer system, he saw a CX-9 with a power liftgate that had a VIN #. He said that meant the car would arrive by late March/early April. Is anyone else hearing similar things?
  • alangonzalezalangonzalez Member Posts: 9
    Now that i've seen the cx-9 a couple of more times, I believe what happened is the seat belt that clips to the center of the left rear seats was causing the seat to not slide since the belt probably was caught on something.
    I got to see the nav unit today since I'm making some final decisions on options. Overall it was fairly unimpressive. I really like nav in general and am ok with the pricepoint versus a handheld since I like the integrated look. From what I gathered:

- The interface requires more touch pressure that I thought was necessary.

- The font was blocky, some antialiasing would have been nice.

- The scale buttons on the bottom left corner were hard to manage. Most of the time I would try to touch the scale to zoom out and the map would think I was repositioning the map. This drove me crazy for a while and is where I spent a bunch of time fiddling with my touch location to see if I could become more accurate. It was little help with a hit/miss ratio that was too high. Scaling in and out is a main feature of the nav in my opinion and the mazda unit didn't work well. Is there an easier way to scale in/out without using the touchscreen? Probably a voice command i would think.

- Tried to use the different views (side/side or full map), but I didn't have time to really understand them.

- The FM radio, does it support RDS/RBDS? You know the radio station digital text readout like "WTCX - The river". I didn't see it off the bat.

- Overall menu system has a unrefined feel.

- The nav was running 2006 ver 2, whatever that means.

I was checking out the cx-7 forums also, but haven't found much. In some other systems, the manufacturer updates the software quite often (ie BMW). Do you know if Mazda is this proactive and the system might get some updates to fix bugs?
    I also was unimpressed with the nav unit. Very similar thoughts about the same issues....see my post #614
  • arclightarclight Member Posts: 2
    I ordered a CX-9 this month with the power liftgate, it's supposed to arive in late april. They gave me a VIN # with my order.
    "Scaling in and out is a main feature of the nav in my opinion and the mazda unit didn't work well. Is there an easier way to scale in/out without using the touchscreen? Probably a voice command i would think."

Read the manual, then use the unit for awhile & you'll find it to be one of the best OEM units available. I've had OEM nav units on three cars since 2000. This is clearly better than the Pioneer supposedly top-rated unit that I had on my 2006 vehicle.

Try pressing the voice button on the left side of the steering wheel & saying "zoom out", or "zoom maximun", or even "I'm hungry".

I agree that the graphics are less than pretty, but the unit excels in its intended purpose of assisting the driver navigate.

Compare the voice guidance of this unit with the Pioneer.

Update frequency is primarily dependent on the data supplier, Navteq. Compare update prices, they vary widely among auto manufacturers ... for essentially the same data.

2006 ver 2 is good. I believe it's July, 2006. I doubt that there's a more current set of data available from any of the auto manufacturers.

Again: Read the manual & spend an hour with it in order to learn how good it really is.
    not sure why they don't offer the rear park assist audio feature vs the camera. All the camera does is let you see an object with no sound, and you have to stare at the screen vs your natural tendancy to look back when you reverse. I currently have an audible system with my car and it is a feature that I could never live without now. Plus if there is a high curb the audio will go off vs looking at a rear camera. And what happens when the camera gets dirty?

I hear you can do an aftermarket audio system with the CX-9
    Try pressing the voice button on the left side of the steering wheel & saying "zoom out", or "zoom maximun", or even "I'm hungry".

I plan on giving another whirl, just to get my comfort level up. I will try the voice commands and see how they go.

When I was talking about the software updates, I wasn't meaning the map updates. The BMW nav system allow nav firmware updates to fix random problems, sometimes it's a nice update where the routing/re-routing time is improved by 30% or screen redraw is improved. Yahoo group called bmwnav or x5world/navigation has alot on the software updates and you can get the images from various sources and then do the update yourself. Really nice. I've only owned 1 nav system, so it might be that BMW is being especially nice about the updates since they have higher margins and can afford that support.
    2006 ver 2 is good. I believe it's July, 2006. I doubt that there's a more current set of data available from any of the auto manufacturers.

If this is same as the 2006.2 map disks in the bmw, then most likely there should be another map data coming called 2007.2 since you can order that update now for the bmw nav.
    sorry 2007.1 is the name of the update.
    Do you have any info on that aftermarket rear park assist option for the CX-9? I agree, they should have offered it....
    A person on mazda247's CX-9 forum has some interesting information about the 2008 CX-9.

It seems this person has confirmation from an undisclosed source that there will be a 300HP 3.7 V6 engine added to the lineup.

That should make things pretty interesting!
    I would just hit your local dealer and find out what they have to offer.
  • bfeldstein1bfeldstein1 Member Posts: 14
    I saw the nav system during a look-see on the dealer's lot, but I didn't even have time for a test drive. What do people with actual hands-on, day-to-day experience in the CX-9 actually think of the nav system? Is it a good, intuitive, easy-to-use system? I can deal with not-so-nice aesthetics as long as it's easy to use. The nav system in my BMW X3 is horrible!
    It's made by Denso, with Navteq data. It's far superior as a navigation system than the Pioneer. I've owned two cars with Denso, one my CX-9, and one Pioneer. Six years of experience with OEM units, navigating cross-country, off-road, and through cities.

My CX-9 system exceeds my expectations, just as my earlier Denso systems did.

The Pioneer, though prettier, and initially seemed better, was a huge disappointment.
  • arumagearumage Member Posts: 922
    Lincoln is supposed to get a 3.7L V6 which is specific to Lincoln, aka not in any Ford clone. I'm not sure if Mazda gets it or not. BTW, Ford pulled 415hp out of the 3.5L V6 with twin turbos. They've had an F150 mule running that twin turbo motor for a while.
    When one dealer looked in his computer system, he saw a CX-9 with a power liftgate that had a VIN #. He said that meant the car would arrive by late March/early April. Is anyone else hearing similar things?

I went to the dealer today and the salesman said there is one CX-9 with the assistance package (power liftgate) coming in 10 days or so....
    I am pretty much set on getting the CX-9 and went for a 2nd test drive. See post #569 for the 1st test drive comment. Here is the 2nd impression.

- Ride is still acceptable to me, even with 20" wheel
    - Tight turning circle, it isn't U-turn challenged.
    - Still like the sliding 2nd row seats very much and 3rd row space is decent.
    - Like the fact that you can "scroll" the map on the navigation unit by just touching the screen at the edge

- Body roll at high speed turn is quite noticeable
    - Acceleration is just barely OK, had to floor the gas pedal when merging into highway from low speed. Around town acceleration is adequate though.
    - Bose audio on the CX-9 is good but lacks clarity at treble. The Bose on our Audi sounds substantially better.
    - We really want the power liftgate option since manual liftgate needs some effort to close.
    - Hard to install our Britax carseat even with latch. I had to reverse the latch anchor on the car seat to get it to click. (supposed to install the other way around)

So far we find CX-9 not perfect but is still on the top of our list. Availability of the option/color combination seems to be an issue, it may be a while before I can get the car with the exact color and options, unless I order one.

I went to Oak Tree Mazda in the SF Bay area. The salesman (Keith) was rather rude, keep telling us it's a busy day and he had to served multiple clients...etc. He rushed us through the test drive and seemed quite impatient. By contrast, when I took the test drive at Fremont Mazda one month ago, the salesman was clueless but the service was good, and he even called and follow up a few times. (and claimed he can do $500 over invoice)
    When we test drove the MDX, the Acura salesman took us for a one hour test drive, he was so knowledgeable on the car and made sure we drove the MDX in twisty roads to demonstrate its ability. We were more impressed by the salesman than by the car....
  • doc144doc144 Member Posts: 5
    I am considering the cx-9 and was hoping someone who has driven it a bit could offer some opinions on two questions. First, once the car is home (as opposed to sitting on the lot) do you find the long rear doors a hassle in a garage or parking lot? Second, is the ride with the 20" wheels really noticibly harsher than the 18" wheels? Thanks for any advice.