Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 3-Series

rickp82rickp82 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in BMW
Does anyone have any information on the 2007 3 series sedans? I just test drove a 2006 325xi and am considering buying one in the next month or so but do not want to pay 38k+ with options when the 2007's will be coming out in a few months?

Comments

• rbochnerrbochner Member Posts: 1
    Considering trading my 545 sedan for the 2007 3 convertible...interested in seeing photos.
  • 330iman777330iman777 Member Posts: 1
    Go to BMW's web site BMWUSA.com and they have pics posted and reviews and stuff but it is only for the new 335ci coupe i am pretty sure
  • mikeebearmikeebear Member Posts: 13
    I am considering either buying the z4 or the 325ci convertible and I test drove both today. I asked my dealer when the 2007 3 series convertibles would be out and he said they will be out in the spring of '07 and that they will have a retractable hardtop. So I might be considering getting the z4 just so I don't have to drive around in the "old generation" 3 series convertible.

I don't know. Sounds pretty cool, though. I am really excited to see it! And I am even more excited about new BMW engine options. Their engines are just outdated in terms of power!
  • firedudefiredude Member Posts: 7
    My dealer just supplied me with the following base pricing for the 2007 3 Series Coupes:

ModdelBase MSRP
    2007 328i coupe $35,300

2007 335i coupe $40,600

2007 328xi coupe $37,100

Wow! The 335i coupe for just above $40K!!!! I have my order in already. Car due at the dealer Sept. 2.

RIP...
  • rickp82rickp82 Member Posts: 3
    not bad at all...I wonder how much different the interior styling is from the Sedans? I’m actually going to the dealer today to look at a 325xi they have in the options I want but now I’m thinking of waiting until Sept…
  • rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    I wished they'd make a sedan out of the 335i and I'd buy one. ;)

Rocky
  • cafge1cafge1 Member Posts: 2
    Was at the BMW dealer today and he advised that I can order a 328i sedan now (Sept build and Oct delivery), but that the 335i sedan will not be available until March 2007 - will continue to offer the 330i until then.
    335i sedan :surprise: WOW, I wonder how much that will cost ? The next M3 sedan will be in the $60's right ?

Rocky
  • rickp82rickp82 Member Posts: 3
    good info cafge1...I dont think I can wait though. I've had my eye on a 325xi for some time now and it looks like I'll be picking it up this week.

Here is some info on the 328i.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/06/12/spotted-2007-bmw-335i-sedan/
  • bullardohiobullardohio Member Posts: 23
    Talked with a dealer today - both the 328 & 335 c will come with AWD. They're taking orders on the 328xi, & expect to have the 335xi in the "pipeline" soon. He also said they will probably make a 328 & 335 sedan with the AWD. Can anyone verify this?
  • cafge1cafge1 Member Posts: 2
    I can confirm the 328 sedan will be 4wd - not sure about the 335 sedan. I put an order in for a 2007 328xi sedan earlier this month (Sept build, Oct delivery). They will confirm price in August.
  • brivshinbrivshin Member Posts: 1
    I am going to purchase the 2007 328i coupe, no navigation system. How can I find out if the car will actually be ready in early september if I place my order within the next 3 days. One dealer told me he had no idea on timing and another said that I could have it by September 8th (even though the factory shuts down the month of August for holiday). This is actually important to me because I am currently carless right now.

Also, are dealer negotiating on the price of the coupe at all? Trying to figure out if I have to pay MSRP or if the dealerships will negotiate to a lower price.
  • bdkinnhbdkinnh Member Posts: 292
    are dealer negotiating on the price of the coupe at all?

It's not even out yet, and it's going to be a hot item. I wouldn't expect them to discount it, at least not yet.
  • sdiver68sdiver68 Member Posts: 125
    I expect the 335i coupe to be about equal to the IS350 in terms of acceleration and speed, superior in handling and "chippable" to faster than current M3 specs.

What is the weight?
    Fuel economy?

Can I hear it for a 3750lb, 335xi Sport with a Dinan warrantied 370/370 chip! Sign me up!
  • v_ladv_lad Member Posts: 27
    Price depends on dealership. Some in SoCal claimed to have a deal of 1700 over invoice(whatever that will be). That's a deal - you are free to TRY to negotiate.
    I doubt you'll have it early september. more likely early october.
  • ajfinoakajfinoak Member Posts: 58
    Anybody have any info on changes that will be made on the 325 and 330 sedan for '07 besides an increase in price??
  • amiramir Member Posts: 115
    i am hearing lately tht the 07 325/330i sedans will b replaced by 328/335i.but since its been only a year since they introduced this n52 engine in sedans i think its to early for the sedans to get the up grade even the new 07 5 series are out now and they still have the 3.0 215hp and 255hp engines.so i dont think bmw will make their 3 series sedans more powerfull than their more up scale 5 series sedans. what do u guys think?
    Well it would make good sense if BMW made the 335i in a sedan. I think it would be a popular choice for many BMW and potential BMW buyers. ;)

Rocky
  • bargamonbargamon Member Posts: 302
    The 07' 5 series out now for some time is likely to get freshend in the spring with new front end, interior upgrades and new tail configureation. ANd new engines.

It makes no sense to just give new engines to the Coupe.

The 325ix sport wagon is underpowered and needs the new engine. The 328 is quicker than the 330!

Or give the sport wagon a 3.0 dammit!
  • primetime79primetime79 Member Posts: 18
    WOW, Thank-You primetime. :shades:

Rocky
    Have you seen the article from Motor Trend on the 335i ? It sure is getting jocked. The more I read about it, the more I'm getting impressed. :blush:

Rocky
  • bud1427bud1427 Member Posts: 1
    do you have or can you get the Canadian version of the document posted below?
    thanks

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33280&d=1153751708
  • witnessxwitnessx Member Posts: 11
    I don't suppose you would happen to have access to the entire BMW ordering guide for 2007, would you?
  • sox_443sox_443 Member Posts: 15
    I have a good source telling me that there will be an 07 328xit. Has anyone else heard about that?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F69F9nT9Hg4&mode=related&search=

Want to see the 335i, pushed to the limit ?

Rocky
  • bdkinnhbdkinnh Member Posts: 292
    Why did I have to watch that? Now I want one. Thanks for the link.

The only spoken part of the audio I understood was "Navigation costen extra". ;)
    ROTFFLMAO. Sorry. This video makes me want one also. I had to share my pain/love. :P

Rocky

P.S. did you catch the m3 police video ? It was from america's most wanted, I believe. ;)
  • jceavesjceaves Member Posts: 1
    I test drove the 335i coupe two days ago and I agree that it does handle very well and is wonderfully fast. I like the well executed (expensive looking) interior. However, as one who has grown to like the new 5 series design, the 335i coupe represents a few steps backwards. The 5 series is a somewhat chunky car relative to the old version, but so are many of the most interesting sedan designs out there like new models from Chrysler and the new Rolls. The graceful lines that define the greenhouse, the head and tail lamps and various body creases create complex and attractive visual personality. Comparison of a 530i to an E class Mercedes illustrates the difference between modern and staid. Unfortunately, it appears that designers of the new 3 series coupe allowed the mostly Bangle-disapproving automotive press to define the new look. The result is more staid - not bad looking, but just rather dull. In the context of BMW's other models, the coupe actually looks a bit retro - circa 2005. But the thick-waisted coupe lacks the athletic proportions of the previous 3 series coupe. I am sure that the new coupe will be a hit, especially in the US, where GM designs still manage to attract buyers. Okay, that was too cynical. I just don't deal well with disappointment.
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    The old adage applies even to BMW. "You can't please everybody at the same time".
  • anon954anon954 Member Posts: 11
    Well, just test drove the 335i coupe today. The acceleration was not as powerful as I was expecting it to be. The demo car had the paddle shifters that DO NOT let you hold a gear, but rather shift at redline. Even though I do not plan to buy an auto, this is dissapointing feature. I would probably sum the lackluster acclerations to a very quite road noise, I had the windows up and the AC on medium (I live in S.FL). I could just hear the slight wine of the turbos as the rpm's increased, but other than that the ride was firm and quite. Not really the sports car I wished it was, but much more the peppy grand tourer. The interior is nicely finished and I could find no complaints other than some seemingly standard features on other cars being touted as options on the top of the line 3-series which, by the way, costs more than the sedan?!
    While currently car shopping, this one is defintely in the consideration due to the practicality of the car (i.e. space, warranty, and service) This is the only non-convertible I can think of worth the test drive.
    I have not yet driven the car, but I think your perception of lackluster acceleration is a perception. Multiple different rags/sources have reported 4.8 to 60 with the auto transmission.

While I don't doubt you were disappointed with the car, your perception doesn't jive with other sources. One of the rags dynoed the 335i at 300hp to the rear wheels. Guess different people have different expectations.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    equals expectation minus (perceived) reality.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • genez4sigenez4si Member Posts: 3
    I test drove a 6-speed model with the sport package. It handled very well, and felt like it cornered as well as my Z4Si. It pulls hard from 1400rpm on in top gear. The torque curve is almost flat which makes this car easy and fun to drive fast. This car will plant you in the seat if you are willing to press the pedal to the floor. :-)
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    "The demo car had the paddle shifters that DO NOT let you hold a gear, but rather shift at redline. Even though I do not plan to buy an auto, this is dissapointing feature."

Dissapointing feature? :confuse:

I'll bet a few dollars that the 6-speed manual has a fuel cutoff and rev limiter when you hit redline. What did you want the paddle shifter to do - let you HOLD THAT GEAR up to 10,000 rpms so you could pick up the engine pieces and walk back to the dealership?

On a side note to everyone else, these test drives of the 335i should be a reminder to NEVER buy a car that has been previously test driven. Whether it was my $32k Honda S2000 or my $92k 911S, the last thing I wanted to get was a car some idiot had taken up to redline during the break in period. And probably about 60 seconds after turning the ignition key. If the dealership sets aside a demonstrator that gets broken in properly for 1,000 miles before turning it over to Joe Hotrod, great. But I suspect most BMW dealers are tossing keys out on new 335i's in a way they never would for an M3 or M5. Buyer beware is all I have to say, especially with a twin turbo under the hood.
  • div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    I'll bet a few dollars that the 6-speed manual has a fuel cutoff and rev limiter when you hit redline.

Actually, both manual and slushbox powertrains have a rpm limiter. What irritates me is that BMW's Steptronic transmissions will upshift and downshift even while in the so-called "manual" mode. Now, I can understand the transmission overriding a manual downshift to prevent a mechanical over-rev, but why must it upshift if a rev-limiter is already in place? And why does it downshift if you floor the throttle while in manual mode? The old TH-350 in my Chevy street racer was much more obedient to my wishes than any of the Steptronics I've driven.
  • nedzelnedzel Member Posts: 787
    I have to agree with the Bangle-disapproving auto press. I think the current 7 Series is hideous. The current 5 Series is merely ugly. The new 3 is far more attractive to my eyes.

And I like the MB e-class.
    Wrong board for 7 and 5 series comments.
  • anon954anon954 Member Posts: 11
    Yes, you read correctly. Dissapointing feature. The point is sometimes while entering a corner one would rather hold a gear throughout the corner without worrying that a computer will intervene.
    I was responding to your indication that the forced shift occurred when the rpms hit redline. You didn't say anything about forced shifts going around curves, which I agree would be undesireable.

In any event, I'll never own an auto, SMG, or DSG in a sports car, sedan or coupe as long as I have a left foot and right hand, so it's a moot issue with me.
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    "In any event, I'll never own an auto, SMG, or DSG in a sports car, sedan or coupe as long as I have a left foot and right hand, so it's a moot issue with me."

Concur. That said, a couple of years back I found myself with a casted right leg, making clutch, brake & gas pedal work a tad difficult with just the aforementioned left leg. So, I had to let Mrs. Shipo drive the 530i while I drove her minivan with my right leg slung over into the passenger side footwell and then drove with my left leg. :-/

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    I'll take my chances and be a poseur. With the auto transmission being time to 60 at 4.8, there is no way I would miss rowing my own gears.

Actually I miss rowing my own gears, about once or twice a year. Given that my average speed during Monday thru Friday is 20 mph or less, I want a relaxed left leg.
    Along the lines of your story, thank goodness for medical advancements.

Seventeen years ago, my wife completely tore her left ACL and the surgery required her to wear a hard cast for 8 weeks. Her "phyical torture" lasted 6 months. A rental car was needed. Three weeks ago, I had a complete ACL reconstructive surgery on a Friday and was able to go for a short drive on Sunday and a 800+ mile roundtrip for a college reuinion a week later.

kdshapiro - are we losing you to a slushbox? I have a friend here that also claims a manual is not worthwhile in his driving routine around the DC area, then went out and bought a SL600 with a top speed of about 200. :confuse:
  • circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    I wonder when we can have a manual/clutch set-up for fun driving and a slushbox option for traffic in the same tranny? Yes, we want it all, but why not?

OW
    "I wonder when we can have a manual/clutch set-up for fun driving and a slushbox option for traffic in the same tranny?"

Some would say that's what the SMG and DSG transmissions are. They just have electronically controlled clutches activated by your fingers instead of mechanically activated ones relying on your left foot. But they don't give me the smae feeling of connectedness or fun. And the top of the line 7-speed SMG in the M5 didn't stave off the die hards from demanding (and getting) a traditonal 6-speed.

I have a friend who had the transmission replaced in his E430 under an extended warranty. The cost to him would have been about $6,500. When he said "ouch", the owner of the dealership mentioned that the F1 transmission in his Ferrari 360 went kaputz just out of warranty and he had to bite the bullet to the tune of nearly $20,000. A clutch replacement would have been about $2,000 and that was essentially the part in his F1 transmssion that caused the problem. Double ouch.
  • sfmarssfmars Member Posts: 13
    I'm not sure if it was just me but when I drove the 335i coupe w/ manual the pull was really good all the way up to about 80mphs in the various gears. In 5th gear at 80mph the cars power seemed to decline quite noticeably. My friend noticed the same thing at about 80-90mph, but he was in 4th gear.

Was it just me driving the car wrong or has anyone else noticed a power drop at higher speeds?
  • designmandesignman Member Posts: 2,129
    There are probably two reasons why you are experiencing a “power drop at higher speeds."

1 – 5th gear at 80 mph is way off the car’s performance peak. It has a 7K redline so I’m guessing it can go to at least 90 in 3rd gear. You weren’t getting the engine’s torque to the wheels in the higher gear. To illustrate the point, driving in 5th gear at 30 mph would yield very little torque at the wheels and you would feel hardly any acceleration. An engine’s power can be maximized or rendered useless depending on how the driver uses gears.

2 – Aerodynamic drag. Acceleration rate decreases as the car builds up speed. The faster you go, the more air resistance there is. The following are the times for a 335i coupe that were clocked by one mag:

0-62 at 5.3 secs
    0-100 at 11.9 secs
    0-124 at 18.7 secs

So, from 62 to 124, it takes 13.4 secs. Compare this with the 5.3 secs it takes to go the first 62 mph.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
  • mbrillmbrill Member Posts: 3
    I have seen conflicting report on when this car will be available in the US. Does anyone know when it will be available for purchase? Also, has anyone placed a deposit to hold this vehicle and, if so, how does that process work?
This discussion has been closed.