Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q7 Accessories

tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
edited August 2014 in Audi

Comments

• newq7newq7 Member Posts: 21
    All I've seen so far are floor mats, a cargo area mat is available (I'm told - but no one has seen it and no one seems to know how muc space it covers), and mud flaps.

Is there more?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Hmm ... let's see ...

Lights & lighting, winches, bike & ski racks, truck toolboxes, roof racks & bags, hitch & bed accessories, car covers, truck tents, body kits, side view mirrors, deflectors, car bras, nerf bars & sidesteps, sheepskin and ordinary seat covers, cargo and trunk liners, driving accessories, radar detectors, digital compass & GPS, performance parts & chips, muffler & exhaust products, shifters, air filters, suspension systems, air intake systems, transmission & oil coolers, and ... and ... you get the idea! :)

tidester, host
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    Floor mats? This thing doesn't come with floor mats? That should be a standard item on a luxury vehicle, no?
  • carpiscarpis Member Posts: 12
    and where can I get these accesories pray tell? as I have tried
    and they are not available yet..
  • chitownq7chitownq7 Member Posts: 17
    Has anyone heard anything about a post-factory nav kit for the Q7? They produced one for the A6, and it worked well for Audi. I've heard rumors they'll have it for the Q in early '07, but was wondering if anyone else had a more detailed timeline. Can't wait to get it for my Q.
  • audifan3audifan3 Member Posts: 25
    Yes, it's called "Garmin" and you can go buy it from any electronics dealer. For the current model year Q7, Nav is not available as an after-market addition. From speaking with my service manager who has been with Audi 20+ years, when the A6 first came out, it was pre-wired with a loom from the factory and it was loomed to the options that were on the car. As they go through a period of operation of 1-2 years, they standardize on the loom and every car ends up with the same. This is why pre 2005 A6's can't get retro-Nav but 2006+ can. I decided I wanted NAV the second I drove the car off the lot and there's nothing they could do about it. My Q7, a 4.2 premium was built in September, and in October they came out with an option where you can plug your iPod into the center arm rest and control everything from the MMI. Can't retrofit even that for even just one month of production.

YMMV.
    Just found someone on ebay selling a "Audi Navigation Module installation kit for Q7, A8, and A6". They state The DVD Module is Part # 4EO 919 887 C which works for all of the following vehicles: Audi Models '04-'07 A8; '05-'07 A6; '07 Q7.

I wonder if this is legit....
  • homantaghomantag Member Posts: 21
    I just got my Q7, and I am having problems with connecting my Blackberry with the interface to use the hands-free option.

I can initially pair the phone with the MMI system. However, after some time (about 2-5 minutes), the MMI will drop the bluetooth signal, and disconnect my phone.

It is strange. If during the few minutes that the phone is connected to the system, I make a phone call, the phone remains connected for as long as I am talking. Then, if I hand up and wait the few minutes, the phone gets disconnected from the system again. However, if after I hang up, I QUICKLY make another call, I can stay connected. Very odd.

Anyone have a similar problem, or a potential solution? Let me know please - this is killing me.
  • lej1447lej1447 Member Posts: 16
    I have IPAQ cingular. The problem seems to occur if I place such in the cup holder which is far from the MMI. After a while, it lost connectivity. If I rest my IPAQ below the MMI and in front of the shifting gear, connectivity remains. On the other hand, my wife has a Motorola Rzr, and that thing works like a charm. She left it in her purse, and connectivity remains good. My sister bought the Rzr for the same purpose w/ her Toyota Prius, which recommended the Rzr as well. Maybe I have not left it in there long enough to lose connectivity. I only get to drive it on the weekend, and you know who drives sucg during the week. :> )
    I like the look of the rear valance w/ chrome exhaust tip, but not ready to cough out $1400 for such. I found out that the chrome exhaust tip is available for purchase separately from the valence package, but no one knows such availability. Does any one know? I saw the front valence, side steps, and more accessories on the Q7, but I have not seen those in person, so I don't know whether or not they look good. Brochure looks good due to Photoshop touch up and beautiful lighting, if you know what I mean.
  • quattroporte12quattroporte12 Member Posts: 178
    Yeah i like the chrome exhaust tips too but audi has not yet offered them as an accessory. I know for a fact that you can get them on the A8 and A4, but they probably want to keep 3.6 and 4.2 Q7s looking different...wish you could get them though...let me know if you find any.
    2008 Audi Q7 V-12 TDI looks aweseom.
    http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/01/10/detroit-motor-show-audi-q7-v12-tdi-with-- - photo-gallery/

Design by BB and Caractere
    http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/14/bandb-announces-tuning-packages-for-audi-q7-4- - -2-tdi/

Found this website for such TDI looks. Valence and chrome exhaust tips appear to be slightly less than that of accessories to be offered via dealer.

http://www.lltek.com/PRS_bin/prs_107_caract_q7.htm

How do you say it, "Read & Weep!"
    BTW, for BB there is a distributor in NY and in southern CA. FYI.

JK
    Let me know what you think.
    Here is another one. Order form is in pdf.

www.tuningmag.net/dcentral.php?action=download&folder=ine&file=newsletter_%23abt- - _audi_q7_en.pdf

View it as the HTML. Then click the link on top to take you to the pdf file automatically.
  • iumbastuiumbastu Member Posts: 4
    I bought a kit for our March '06 build Q7 4.2 and haven't had any issues. The install was very easy as everything is located in the right hand side of the trunk. I did another install in our '05 A6 4.2...The part numbers were the same and both worked flawlessly with MMI.

You have to be careful though as there are some modules out there that have bad software. (See TSB 91-06-07)
    Great, thanks for the info. Can I ask where you purchased your kit from?
  • arewethereyetarewethereyet Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know what type of connector is used by the Audi music interface in the Q7. Manual says you can get a cable from your local dealer or electronics store but does not specify connector type. Want to connect up to wife's Ipod.
    It's available at audiusa.com under "accessories".
    I found a solution!! Going through many many many (did I say "many") sites, I found out that the Pearl has a software release available in Italy (not yet released in the U.S.), which although not specific for this particular purpose, happens to fix the bluetooth connectivity issue for my Audi Q7.

It is the version available for TIM, v4.2.1.66 is what I have, and it is working fine here in the U.S. You should go through (and there is a lot of reading, but worth it), and follow the following forum: link title

Good Luck!!
  • cat3126cat3126 Member Posts: 43
    I have been told by Sprint/Nextel and US Celluar that no Bluetooth phones are available that are compatible with the Audi cradle. The only phones available are GSM format which do not work in the US.
    Has anyone any different info ?
    The phones that are "technically" compatable (direct from Audi's website), are listed here: Audi Q7 Bluetooth Compatibility List

Most new phones do not need the cradle. Further, there are phones not on the list which may also work, but have simply not been tested by Audi. The list only confirms those phones tested and guaranteed to work. The compatibility has nothing to do with whether your phone is SDMA or GSM, but rather, on the software in the phone iteself, and whether it works with the Q7 MMI software.

Good luck!
  • bfeldstein1bfeldstein1 Member Posts: 14
    Does anyone know whether the Cingular 8125 will pair with the Bluetooth connection in the Audi Q7? The Cingular 8125 is not on the official list from Audi, but I understand that other phones may also work - they just haven't been tested.
  • jagans22jagans22 Member Posts: 1
    I'm picking up mine on Friday Q7 3.6 Premium...anyone have a clue how it integrates into the MMI? Can u c pictures from your iPod and such on the display?

Thanks for any feedback or experiences
  • ssivaramssivaram Member Posts: 6
    I have a Cingular 8125 and the Bluetooth link works like
    Magic.

In a 10-minute initialization process, I got all my
    contacts downloaded. Now, the Q7 does the obvious.
    If I am on a call and enter the Q7, once I start the
    engine, the call switches to the speakers. The reverse
    happens when I leave the car while on the phone.

Couldn't be happier.
  • jbargerjbarger Member Posts: 2
    Could you please tell me where you purchased the Post-factory navigation kit for the Q7. I'm about to buy a portable system but would like to have something installed in the car that appears on the information screen on the dash. Thanks.
  • jbargerjbarger Member Posts: 2
    I saw some of your posts about the navigation systems for the Q7. Did you ever find out where to purchase it?
  • grn95grn95 Member Posts: 48
    Late response to an old post but I too am interested in the post navigation system. Any places where to purchase this kit? Thanks!
  • darnolddarnold Member Posts: 1
    Hey. I have an 07' q7. Have you seen a Q7 with Lambo doors? I want to look into that if anyone knows anything.
    Can anyone tell me if their Q7 came with a cargo net? Mine did not come with one. Thanks
  • joefrank64kjoefrank64k Member Posts: 5
    My 2008 Q7 4.2 did not come with a cargo net...but it should have!
    Thanks for the info, and I agree it should have! I ended up calling Audi directly and they checked the VIN and confirmed it did not come with a cargo net. Not a big deal but it is kind of funny that a cargo net is an option on this SUV... So far no probs though, really enjoy this vehicle.
  • john200john200 Member Posts: 6
    I'm trying to find reasonably priced roof rack cross bars and mounts for my Q7's factory roof rack. Audi wants an astounding $390 for the kit (two bars and four mounts)!

I read in some forums that Thule UK has a system that works, but when I tried to order the parts and have them shipped to the US, roofracks.uk would not ship to the US for insurance reasons.

Thule USA does not carry the part numbers Thule UK lists for the Q7. I have requested these specific parts from Thule USA twice and they have sent back a standard "not available" response.

My Audi dealer parts department believes Thule has an agreement with Audi not to sell those parts in the US since Thule makes these rack systems for Audi.

Any ideas? I'd like to use my Thule box, but the attachment system used on my previous vehicle (Audi Allroad) will not work.
    Has anyone seen the thin S-Line Wheel Lip moldings available for purchase? They are not oversized like the "off road" moldings listed in accessories on audiusa.com. I would like to install the S-Line moldings for wider tire coverage. Any info appreciated. One dealer said they are not available at this time.
    Some S-Lines do not have the wheel-well lip moldings and some do. A dealer said it was only on the S-Line premium but still no info on ordering/part no. etc. Anyone familiar them? Anyone, Beuller, Bueller, anyone.... Happy New Year, this forum is sparse.
    In response to grn95 S wheel molding, I have found them. They are not cheap:

Left front (2 pieces)

4L0 853 727 B GRU 186.03

4L0 853 717 B GRU 272.08

Right front (2 pieces)

4L0 853 728 B GRU 186.03

4L0 853 718 B GRU 272.08

Left rear (3 pieces)

4L0 854 819 A GRU 186.03

4L0 853 817 B GRU 186.03

4L0 853 827 A GRU 186.03

Right rear (3 pieces)

4L0 854 820 A GRU 186.03

4L0 853 818 B GRU 186.03

4L0 853 828 A GRU 186.03

These parts all come primed ready for paint. Prices however do not include paint, or tax.
  • topoftherocktopoftherock Member Posts: 1
    I recently had a dealership add an Audi hitch, and electrical harness with 7 to 4 pin adapter to my 2007 4.2 Q7.
    When I hooked up my trailer most everything works (turn signals, hazard lights) except the brake lights. When starting the car I get a message that the brake bulbs are out, first on the left side, then both.
    Notes: The trailer lights are brand new, and work fine on a friends Tahoe. They are standard bulb lights (not LED).
    I bought a second 7 to 4/5 Pin adapter and the problem exists with it and the one supplied by Audi initially.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Any suggestions?
  • dino2kdino2k Member Posts: 9
    Hi guys, I have a 3.6 Q7 09 for at least 3 months now. I wanted to get a set of runningboards for my Q7 but not from the dealer cuz they're pretty expensive. Anyone ever try on that brand Romik runningboards, or any suggestion on what to get for the sidestep. Thanks a lot.
    dino, I have never heard of Romik but looked them up. They look great in the picture. $427 black $485 stainless makes them really attractive (that was thru realtruck.com--the first link I clicked on). Way cheaper than dealer. I wanted to get the Q7 4.2 tips but at $400 I obviously passed... Hopefully someone here has more info. My question would be how easy is it to install them (do you need to drill holes/bolt on etc). The aftermarket for Q7's is really slim & really really pricey. Found some nothelle wheel arches, they are $1500 unpainted. Let us know what you end up doing.
    Hey grn95, thank you for your input. If you have time then look up at autoanything.com. Go to Audi Q7 under the year 2008 then click on (Bull bars) , there you could see it the runningboards on the vehicle with the bull bar. It looks really good , but I have to wait for 2 weeks for the stainless one because it's back order. I also wanted to look for the tips like the 4.2 but still had a hard time looking for the exact one. If I find similar one to the 4.2 then I'll post it up. Thanks again.
  • muddy3muddy3 Member Posts: 1
    I had same problem with Tiguan when I installed trailer control box to complete VW pre-wiring.

Take it back to dealer and tell them to log on to vehicle computer and activate trailer option as right now system doesn't know there is trailer. There is several locations they have to go through to complete activation.

I have my own VAG-COM cable so it is kinda sad to see service guys don't know crap about the brand they represents.
    Hi guys, I'm just about to order either the ROMIK sidestep or the runningboards. Anyone has any suggestions on which one will look nicer on my Q7 with the S-line. Your comments is very appreciated. Thank you.
    dino, I am not sure anyone else checks this board anymore... I am not able to see the sidesteps on the Q7, but there are pics of the runningboards. The sidesteps look nice but I dont think they would look right on the Q. The runningboards go with the lines better at least in the pic. The sidesteps would look better on a lifted 4x4 etc in my opinion. Whatever you decide post a pic!
    Thanks again grn95, I think you're right. I guess because i'm the newest members so I have a lot of opinions to say. I have to wait till the first week of may because it's back order but I will definitely post it up when I have it install on the Q7.
  • niketalk1niketalk1 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2009 3.6 premium plus Q7 with almost everything I wanted....except for the S-line body kit and also the bi-xenon headlight.

Is it possible for me to purchase the bi-xenon headlights from Audi and have it installed? Parts/Service guy told me that since the wirings are different, it would not be possible?
    But just wanted to get your guys take on it.

I am assuming with the S-line body kit, I can just purchase and have it installed.

Thanks
  • q7bluetoothq7bluetooth Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any "solutions" to allow me to pair my Blackberry World Phone, 8830, with my 2007 Q7? The Blackberry is runnning v4.2.2.148 (Platform 3.0.0.67) software. I wish the car companies would standardize the bluetooth interface so that all handsets would work.
  • ph1972ph1972 Member Posts: 5
    Hey

I have just purchased Audi Q7 2009 3.6 without the navigation can anyone suggest me how to add the navigation to the MMI of the Q7

Thanks
  • arriearrie Member Posts: 312
    Hey ph1972,

I have the same issue and there might be a very easy and good solution.

I took my '09 Q7 to the dealer for the first oil change service. The service coordinator told me that all Q7s came pre-wired for navigation. He even showed me the harness where it plugs in. It is located in the right back corner of the vehicle behind the tool holder.

He said he will check on this a bit more as their parts department does not know about this. Audi system only knows what the car came with, which info is based on the VIN number.

He told me it really looks like it can be done and I'm still waiting for final info.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Arrie
  • ph1972ph1972 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Arrie it will be good if we find a solution some navigation DVD are sold on ebay

ph1972
    Ok,

Got the answer to the question, i.e. how to add Audi navigation to the MMI.

The good news is that it can be done, the bad news is it costs quite a lot. Installation I think is not very difficult but parts cost a lot of money.

My dealer service guy told me first it would cost $550 - 650. Well, it is a bit more.

The navigation unit itself (with software included) costs $1639. In addition to this you need a bracket that holds the unit in the car. This is only $26.73. Then there is a "retrofit" part, which I understand is a wiring component that connects between the navigation unit and that wire harness in the back right corner of the vehicle.

I was quoted the parts at $2102.21 tax included today. Installation is extra, of course, and the whole thing would probably come to about $2500.

Arrie
    So,

I ordered the navigation system to be added in my Q7 by my dealer. It is expensive but I was told that it will be covered under the same car warranty just as if it had been in the car when I bought it. There is someone in the E-Bay motors selling this same kit for a couple of hundreds less but for the benefit of warranty I choose to have it done by my dealer. Installation I could probably do myself but for the warranty I will not touch it.

Arrie
    Arrie--thanks for the update/info. If you dont mind, can you let us know how it goes and how much the final bill is? There were 2 dealers selling the Nav kits on ebay but I have been very hesitant myself in ordering from them. Installation does seem straight forward but I have no interest in messing with Audi warranty. Their prices are absolutely insane for service etc and if something were to happen electronically and they blamed it on customer that could be some big $$$$. Also, do u know if the Bluetooth is included with Nav?
This discussion has been closed.