Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac G6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ackermanackerman Member Posts: 16
    Please advise 2008 G6 GT 36 and 39 Month Lease information including 10K and 12K Mile Residuals, Interest Rate and all applicable Rebates.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, ackerman. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT with 12,000 miles per year are 3.0% and 55%, respectively. The lease rate for an otherwise identical lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 2% higher. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $300 lease cash that General Motors is currently providing on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mearlymearly Member Posts: 2
    What would the current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease on both a 2007 and 2008 Pontiac G6 GT be with 15,000 miles? I believe there is an extra $500 allowance on the 2007, are there any other incentives I should be aware of? I'm in Kansas and would be trading in a non GM vehicle.

Thank you
    Greetings mearly. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT with 15,000 miles per year are 2.35% and 52%, respectively. I don't believe that General Motors is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • ozzy63ozzy63 Member Posts: 2
    just to add to your great advice, don't ever, ever admit that you are trading your old vehicle. Our credit union teaches three separate transactions, New vehicle itself, financing (preapproved credit union is best) then after all is done then talk trade, or better yet sell yourself. People are always looking for good used cars from private sellers.
  • tripowergtotripowergto Member Posts: 83
    Hello,

Can anyone provide the current money factors and residuals for the 2008 and 2007 G6 sedan for 24 & 36 months with 12K miles per year? Is GM currently offering any lease support on similiar models?

Thanks!!
    Hi tripowergto. Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Pontiac G6 without the SV package with 12,000 miles per year are 2.35% and 62%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 2.35% and 55%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. One can convert lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So, a lease rate of 2.35% would be equal to a money factor of around .00098. General Motors is no longer providing lease support on 2007 models, but it does have support on most '08 models.

Car_man
    Host
  • nishkiaranishkiara Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man!

I'm planning to lease or buy a G6 in the next two weeks. My credit's not great so I think I'm going to have to buy instead of leasing. I'm thinking the SmartBuy will be my option. I was trying to figure out what my payment would be with the employee discount and 2000.00 down. I may get 500.00 for my trade. The MSRP is 26,455. I couldn't come up with anything realistic, I don't think I understand how to calculate it. I see the offer here in Michigan in 2000 cash back, is this for a buy only? Help!
  • tripowergtotripowergto Member Posts: 83
    Thanks Car man. Luckily I was able to negotiate my best lease deal before all the best incentives ran out on 1/31. Here's my deal:

I finally purchased my G6 lease on 1/30 after shopping nearly a dozen dealerships over a three week period. I secured the exact optioned car I wanted at best possible price with all available incentives included(most expired 1/31)

Here's the pricing breakdown:

2008 Pontiac G6 sedan midnight blue metallic with V6 performance sport package, preferred package, sun & sound package and chrome appearance package.

GMAC 39 month smartlease with 12K miles per year.

MSRP $23,330
    Capitalized Cost $22,777

Discounts:

Dealer Cash $874.
    GM Card Top-Off $3043.
    GM Loyalty Lease $500.
    GMAC Lease Cash $300. + 3.3% w/no security deposit
    97 GP GTP Trade $1800. 109K loaded & nice but some issues

Total discounts $6517

I made my 1st payment + basic DOC fees total of $288, with 38 remaining payments of $158.73 for a brand new, well optioned V6 G6. Optional end of lease purchase price is $12,868. THANKS for a KILLER deal GM!!!!
  • howardpmhowardpm Member Posts: 28
    Just purchased a 2008 G6 Convertible yesterday. MSRP was 33,055. Got the Family discount and another 2000 off because of the pontiac promotion. Total before tax and tags cost me about 28.100 Not to shabby for G6 with Sport, Performance and Chrome package and the White Diamond Tricoat paint.
  • robertkalealrobertkaleal Member Posts: 4
    Hey! Would it be possible to quote me an approx lease price for a 2008 G6 Base with preferred package, sun and sound package, and XM satellite radio (total MSRP $22,290)? I live in Cuyahoga County, OH (8.5% tax, I believe) and would be indifferent to a 36 or 39 month lease and need 12,000 miles per year. I currently lease a GM vehicle and would retain that lease when I got this vehicle. I saw above that the rate was 3% but I wasn't sure that was for Ohio and I wasn't sure if the 56% residual quoted above was correct or not. I am also unsure of total incentives available.

Thanks much
  • njblokenjbloke Member Posts: 6
    Hi

This forum is excellent.

I am looking for the current money factors and residuals for a 2008 G6 convertible for 36 months with either 10K or 12K miles per year. Is GM currently offering any lease incentives? Also, about how much over invoice (including destination) should I be aiming for?

I don't know if this matters, but I have excellent credit (high 700/low 800).

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Hi nishkiara. Unfortunately, because they are so much less popular than lease programs I do not personally keep tabs on the details of manufacturers' balloon note programs. GMAC's SmartBuy program is very similar to its lease program. I don't see why you would approved for it and not for a lease. In general GMAC is fairly lenient in who it allows to lease vehicles. Unless your credit is absolutely destroyed, I would not be surprised if they did approve you for a lease.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, tripowergto. Congratulations on getting such a ridiculously low payment on your G6. Thanks for stopping back and letting us all know how everything turned out. Don't forget to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, robertkaleal. You never mentioned what this car's selling price is, so I am going to have to make an assumption to calculate a lease payment on it. The car that you described has a spread of right around $1,400 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus, GM is providing $500 lease cash on it right now. That gives you a total of $1,900 to play with during negotiations. I will assume a $1,500 discount for this exercise. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a base 2008 Pontiac G6 that has an MSRP of $22,290 and a selling price of $20,790 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $278. I used a lease rate of 2.95% and a residual value of 55% to calculate this payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome njbloke. I;m glad that you like this forum so much. Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Pontiac G6 Convertible with 12,000 miles per year are 2.95% and 55%, respectively. The lease rate for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would increase to 57%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So a lease rate of 2.95% would be equivalent to a money factor of around .00123. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $500 lease cash that GM is currently providing on it into account. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice prior to the reduction of the $500 lease cash, or slightly under invoice with it.

Car_man
    Host
  • njblokenjbloke Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for this valuable information.

You mentioned that there is 500 customer cash back on the lease, but when building the car on Pontiacs website, you get 2500 cash back. Is this only applicable to purchases?

In addition, how much does the money factor/residual change if the lease is increased 3 months to 39 months?

Lastly, how should one approach leasing a left-over 2007? How much under invoice should one aim for, and would the lease programs be the same regardless of model year?

Thanks again.
  • nooesangelnooesangel Member Posts: 3
    I leased my car in April 2007. I immediately notified the dealership regarding air noise coming from the panoramic sunroof. They tell me nothing can be done about it. The noise level has increased so much, that I hate getting in my car everyday. I want to be released from my lease which doesn't expire until April 2010. Is there anyway that can happen?
    Hi nooesangel. I would try taking your car to a different dealership's service department. You may find that they will be more willing to work with you or have better luck fixing your car's noise problem. Unless you can get your car declared a lemon and bought back using the lemon law, it is unlikely that you will be able to get out of your car this far from the scheduled end date of your lease without spending a lot of money.

In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • rolstonbrolstonb Member Posts: 1
    msrp 20,740. Was going to just test-drive but the manager gave me the "deal you can't pass up". I was intrigued and in the end he sold me, with all rebates and other dealer "discounts" down to 15k+. Out the door for $16,600 including Tax, title and license in NW Indiana.

dark gray with 2.4 4 cyl. engine, preferred package, xm satellite radio, remote starter and floor mats.

Felt then and still feel like I got a solid deal on a solid car. Still feel the same after reading the other posts. Good luck all!
  • lostgrl85lostgrl85 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2008 G6 GXP Coupe with preferred package, sun and sound, and street edition. According to the paper they left in the glove box for me, MSRP was $29,935. I paid $25,754 plus TT&L. It was a completely hassle-free experience and I feel like I got a great deal. I've had the car less than two weeks and I already don't know how I made it so long without it. That car is truly amazing.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Yes it is! I was looking to downsize and after not getting the "feeling" in various 4-cyl econo hatches and such, I tried out the G6 coupe. First a GT and then a GXP...wow for both. Really loved the screamer 3.6L in the GXP but was also thrilled with the grunt of the GT as it was and liked the colors and options more, so I went with that.

Love it, too. GREAT car! Congrats on the GXP. Sometimes I still think I'd really have loved that 3.6L/6-speed...but my 3.5L is still a little beast and is so far sipping gas like the big V8 sedan before it never could.
  • revordrevord Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me if you can get out of lease. We are leasing a 2006 pontiac g6 and had to thave the rar brakes replaced in 07. Dealership is out of business where we purchased it and recently we wre told the front needs to calipers, rotors, brake pads. We are over on our mileage. When the dealership was still in business not long after we got the vehicle we were hearing brake noise they said it wad brake dust and we did not even have it a year and under the mileage for a year I think it was around 9000 at the time and the said the warranty only covered it up to 7000 miles. We are really not looking to keep it at this point so how hard is to get out of? I also got stuck three times with car not being able to start they could not find the problem until the warranty ran out we had a bad battery 1800.00 to replace. We ahd taken three times within the first year and half. No wonder they are out of business.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    In order to get out of your lease, you must look at your current pay off amount, then find out how much your car is worth on a trade in. This will determine how easy it is to get out. Since you have an 06 G6, you will have a much better chance at getting out. Your pay off amount should be low enough to either meet or be below your trade in amount. If your pay off amount is higher than the trade in amount, you will have to absorb any of the excess amount into a new deal. Your chances of that or low since you have been in the lease for awhile.

Your best option now would be to get your pay off, then go to a dealer to get your trade in value. Do realize that your Kelly Blue book amount will be a bit higher than what most dealers will give you. Don't be surprised. Try multiple dealers to get your average trade in values. Then go from there. I would not go in too deep with details about your car when trying to trading it in, though I would hate to be someone buying your car off the lot with the apparent problems it has. It will hurt your trade value.

Yes, you can get out of a lease, but there are several steps for you to make. People trade all the time, but rolling negative equity into a new deal is not advisable, so if that is the case, I would wait until your lease is over. Being an 06, you have to be close. By the way, mileage will kill any positive equity, I would start investigating all options now.

How close are you? If you are close enough, I would start looking to get out, but just be smart in the whole deal, though your car has issues and is over mileage already.

Good Luck!
  • chuck68516chuck68516 Member Posts: 195
    The lesson to everyone should be "DONT LEASE A CAR FOR LONGER THAN THE WARRANTY AND NEVER GO OVER THE MILES ALLOWED IN THE WARRANTY."

If you would have leased the car for 3 years/36,000 miles, your car would be under warranty and you wouldn't be having all this drama. I'm guessing the trade in value on a G6 is about nothing and you still owe $3,000 plus 15-20 cents per mile that you are over the contractually allowed mileage. In summary, you are between a rock and a harder rock and another rock just smacked you in the skull.
    I would advise on selling the car privately, rather than dealing with the dealer. Satisfy your lease amount due and your good to go. Like I have an 08 G6, I believe I owe around 8-10k to buy out my lease. Your amount should be much lower. Sell the car.
    Explore all options.
  • stoopystoopy Member Posts: 105
    You can't really privately sell a car that you are leasing. First you have to buy out your lease. Then you would have to buy the car at lease end value. Then you would have to pay sales tax on that end value. Then most importantly you would have to find some dumb sucker who would pay way more than the vehicle is worth to sell it to. It is a stupid suggestion to even think this is an option. Keep the car. There is absolutely no way that it would be cheaper to go through all that nightmare of buying out your lease, getting financing to purchase the car and then pay sales tax, then selling it when you can just suck it up for a few more months paying off your lease on schedule and turn it in. Like the guy said above, lesson learned. Don't lease for longer than the bumper to bumper warranty and don't ever go over your mileage.
    Well, I am was just throw all options out there. They are already in a position where they are so buried in the car. So all their options are going to have some expense.

Even a new 08-09 G6 has an insane depreciation rate. With falling company values, Its better to buy used rather than new, otherwise you are so upside down, you will not be equal or level until pay off or the end of the lease. Your best bet now, move away from GM. Turn your car in, and look elsewhere.

I am just upset now that I am supporting GM. Maybe if people stop buying them, perhaps they'll get the picture.

I will not be back to GM after my current 08 G6 lease. I am looking at the new TSX, Accord, Jetta. Deals are to be had.
  • emilystl04emilystl04 Member Posts: 4
    My boyfriend currently has a Smart lease on his G6. He's owned the vehicle for 2 years and has two more to go. He said that with the lease he is required to keep full coverage on his vehicle, but he is tired of paying for it and doesn't see a need to. My question is, can he (legally) just have liability insurance on his vehicle? If not, will Pontiac be able to find out about it? Also, if he wrecks or totals his vehicle and it's his fault, what are the repercussions?

Sorry if this sounds like a crazy question; I just suggested he keeps full coverage. :)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Yes, he is required to keep the coverage...

Yes, if he cancels, the bank will be notified... At that point, they will obtain coverage in his name, and bill him for it (and, that won't be cheap).

If he wrecks or totals the vehicle without coverage, then he will have fix it on his own dime..

This might be the worst idea, ever.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• emilystl04emilystl04 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you so much!! I knew I was right. ;)
  • starrlight_00starrlight_00 Member Posts: 1
    Carman,
    What happens to my lease or warranty work that needs to happen on my 2007 Pontiac G6 if Pontiac is cut? I have till Aug 2011 before the lease is up. What would I do if they cut the service and dealership?
  • pontiacgirlpontiacgirl Member Posts: 3
    oddly enough, i also have a 2007 G6 with a smart lease that is up in August 2011. weird, huh? but i too am wondering what the heck happens then. will they take my car back? will it be horribly devalued? should i trade it in early or will they offer an early buy-out of the lease? i am really upset as I'm a loyal pontiac owner for many years and my dad and i are loyal GM people our whole lives and now don't know what to do. what about my husband's Vibe that he bought in 08? will that value go down, or will it be seen as collectible? i am freaking out because i can't afford any new cars for a while after losing a job, etc. is there a best course of action here other than wait-and-see?
    GM will most definitely honor current leases and owners will return the car as normal. However, I do not see a buy-out, as that would leave them with cars that cannot sell quickly. Especially, when new cars are not even selling like they want. Of course if there is a time where the service center for our Pontiac's are closed, then of course that will pose a problem for us. I do see them closing dealers and service centers here and there, only depending on market conditions in your area.

Unfortunately, our Pontiac's have already took a huge a hit in depreciation. My 08 G6, loaded with every option except the V6 is only worth $17k tops. Trade in value is only about $11-12k. That is bad! Trading the car could be an option, but with values so low, you must look at your trade in value versus your pay off amount. I still owe $20k. I am angered by this, as it is not valued correctly anymore.
    We do lease, so this should be the least of our worries. I personally want out of my lease now. Love the car itself, but the 4cyl engine is really bad! I think the tranny is acting up. This is my first and last GM car.

You will not need to do anything. GM has stopped leasing for months now, so the current leases will be honored and returned accordingly. Of course, the values and numbers are way off now. It does not work to our advantage anymore. Just be thankful you lease, and can walk away when the time comes. Hopefully your buy out, if you choose to purchase the car afterward is somewhat on track. Me, I will drop the thing off, and moving on to an Acura or VW.

You guys must have longer leases? I have an 08, and its up in 04-29-11.
    When my values line up better... I will get out early. Now if the dealer can fix my engine, because I think its off a bit, then I could stay in it the whole time.
    Yes, well at least you are covered!! Many will choose a longer lease, because the payment is better. But, it is really better to choose the standard 36mth or even a 24mth lease. That way you are covered, and paying a little more or the standard amount is much better than being stuck with it for as long as you would with a loan 4 or more years is crazy for the lease. But, it sometimes gets so crazy when you get a new car, so much information. Only if we all slowed down and read the fine print. Perhaps, I wouldn't be in my 08 G6 lease now. Perhaps, I could have gotten something else. I leased to cars in one day, an 08 VW Jetta SE and then my 08 G6. I just wanted it done and over with. But, I have to be thankful, I don't own the G6, its a lease, I can walk away in about 2yrs, worse case scenario. Its just a car. I do get to drive the Jetta every now and then.

I too will never be back to a GM product. I simply will not stand behind their name, not after dragging us all through the mud.

I too will be choosing a Honda Accord, Acura TSX, or a VW.

By then they will be offering a V6 on the TSX!! That will be a hot car!
  • pontiacgirlpontiacgirl Member Posts: 3
    thanks for calming me down. that is the one nice thing about the lease is that you don't have to worry so much about trade-in value. i have leased my last two cars and traded in the last one early because i was almost over the mileage and they offered me a buyout. this one i will keep til the end since my mileage isn't so bad and it will be cheaper to pay the mileage penalty than the balance of the loan. this is my 4th GM and other than a bad power window weatherstrip have never had major issues with any of them. however, i acknowledge they are somewhat disposable cars; i never plan on keeping them longer than 4 years. my dad is the same way and i take after him. i can't justify spending 40K on a car to go foreign, and have heard horror stories about repairs on foreign cars. so i'll just wait and see when my lease is up if GM has anything with good performance and badass looks. Incidentally, other than my first car, I've only had 6-cylinder GM's. never had an issue with the trans or engines. but who knows now what will transpire! thanks all for the info. it really did make me feel better.
    Hey, no problem! :)

We have always had honda's and VW in our family, and we haven't had any issues with them. Just normal upkeep. The services are more expensive though on the VW.
    I love VW, they are fun cars. The quality is high too. The engine is high revving and smooth, efficient. The 06 4cyl Accord I had was so strong and refined. It was like a little race horse. Not a race car, but it had some ummphh. The G6 4cyl is no where near that. I truly miss my Accord. I never wanted the G6, it wasn't really by choice either, but, atleast I tried it, and now I know that I not truly happy with it. The car its self is great, but the engine is a huge let down. Why do you think most go with the V6 in a GM car? Anyway..... I am going to take my car in, and simply tell them my transmission is going off a bit.. I feel that something is just not right.

If everything is normal, well, okay. but I might have my friend take over my lease. She wants a G6. Then I can start all over again. People will just laugh that I got a new car again. lol.
    Excellent question starrlight. If the Pontiac brand is eliminated, and it certainly sounds as though it will be at this point, GMAC or whichever bank your lease is through will continue to hold it.

As far as your car's warranty goes, General Motors will continue to honor your warranty and you should be able to take your car to any GM dealer to have work done on it.

The bigger question is what happens to your car's warranty should General Motors file for bankruptcy. This is pure speculation at this point, but if GM does end up filing for bankruptcy (and if I was a betting man I'd guess that it will) the U.S. government will likely come out with some sort of promise to honor its warranties while the bankruptcy proceedings are going on. Once the company emerges, it would likely continue to honor its existing warranties as if nothing had ever happened.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, the would do all the above or opt to have a mass riot. lol
  • poponomopoponomo Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know what kind of finance offers might be available for GMAC early lease buyout?
    Are you considering keeping your car?
  • occupant1occupant1 Member Posts: 412
    A friend of mine purchased a plain jane white G6 sedan, 4-cylinder, automatic, no options at all, not even floor mats, for $15,112 out the door, no trade-in, paid cash. The price of the car was the advertised $13,990. This is after all regular rebates (no college, no military, no financing kickbacks). She told me there were eight of the cars on the lot that had that price on the windshield. The car is new, has 77 miles on it, and she couldn't be happier. Now she needs to sell her orange 2004 Cavalier LS Sport 2-door since her husband doesn't want to drive it. But the good news is her car only has 38K on it and should be an easy sell. They only offered her $2500 in trade and the car was mint. So she figured, pay cash for the G6 and sell the Cavy for $5000-$6000 on CL or something. She even took my advice and had a detailer go over it and make it look showroom perfect, under the hood and everything. Might be the best $160 she's ever spent on the car and it will likely seal the deal to any prospective buyers.

If you're in the market for a G6 and can handle the basic 4-cylinder sedan, the deals ARE out there. That's G5/Cobalt price territory!
  • speakerfacespeakerface Member Posts: 4
    My lease is up next month on my 2006 G6 V6. Is there a chance that the dealership does not want the car back due to the economy/not being able to move the car/is a dead brand that I can negotiate down the final purchase price and not be saddled with payments for several more years? I should note that the power steering light keeps coming on (even though there appears to be nothing wrong with the power steering), which was taken to the dealership to be repaired more than once, and was told they had no idea how to fix it properly. Would this help in said negotiations?
  • moonbaby8783moonbaby8783 Member Posts: 1
    My husband and I did a smart lease on a 07 pontiac g6 sudan, 4 cyl in April of 07. The lease will be up in april of 11. What kind of price would we be looking at as a pay off price???? The salesman told me at signing that we could either trade it in when the lease is up or continue to pay it for 2 more years after the lease. Need help. I am very frustrated trying to figure this out. I honestly have to disagree with most people on here, my car runs great! I just want it to be mne. :cry:
    Your dealer does not have a choice on whether or not to take the car. Your lease end date is when GM wants their car back. Believe me, they will want it back. Your pay off is not negotiable. It was already set in the contract. However, you will not have to worry about that. As you are going to drop the car off, go through inspection. Take care of any charges, excess miles, etc. Then you simply walk away. That is it.
    About your issues, well you really shouldn't have to worry about them, since the car was fixed already by the dealer.

The only way the could control any of the issue is if you trade early. They could then work the trade in value against you.

Good Luck!

What car are you think about getting now?
    You need to call GMAC to get a current pay off. This price is not negotiable. It was already set at signing.

When leasing, you have the option to purchase the car after the lease is up. At that point you set a new loan up, with amount of months, payments, etc...

It seems like you have a 4yr lease. That explains the 2yrs after the lease. As your pay off will be lower.

Also, with a longer lease, your warranty will run out before its up.
    Well, I may still keep the G6, because I truly love it! But, to be saddled with payments for many more years for an already 3 year old car doesn't sit well. However, I have been poking around the market for a Pontiac Vibe, possibly AWD (for those crummy PA winters).

I plan to go to the dealership before the lease is up to inquire about a few things, including the status of the power steering light. I also plan to visit some of the other local dealerships to see what kind of offers they can conjure up.

Thanks for the help.
    The Vibe has a toyota engine in it!
    Yeah, I know. It has enough room in the back to haul my guitar amp, instead of jimmying it into the back seat of the G6. It is a 2 person job.
  • whoosierdaddywhoosierdaddy Member Posts: 76
    GM regularly has special early lease termination deals, and recently had a $3,000 rebate for returning lessees. Assuming the "new" GM continues these deals, just keep on the lookout.

Per Consumer Reports, the Vibe is a much more trouble-free car than the G6.
This discussion has been closed.