Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Audio Questions

Comments

• mi2kshopmi2kshop Member Posts: 19
    I am interested in adding a bluetooth phone connection too. I have seen things that can connect to your phone through bluetooth and channel calls through their own microphone and speaker. But I would be more interested in something that routs the incoming audio to car speakers, and has a microphone to pick up the outgoing audio. Is there something like this?

BTW, I am also planning to add a connection for my ipod. Based on the discussions here I would probably pick US Spec. Will I be able to connect both the bluetooth connection and US Spec to the car speakers?
    Does anyone have experience with Parrot MK6000, or any other Parrot product?
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697

See the video. You will need a very fast internet connection for the video to play properly.

http://blip.tv/file/140548/

It looks clunky and bleeding edge now, but I think Bluetooth A2DP is the future and will obsolete wired AUX input jacks for portable MP3 players in a few years down the road if car manufacturers integrate it into the car at the factory so you don't have to tack it on after the car is built.

Expect it as standard equipment in the 2013 Honda Accord.
    Do they still offer last minute $4.95 deal?
  • rikuriku Member Posts: 10
    That's the pair I am unsure of. I see the two grills on the front dash, but I was told that the unit only supports 4 channel. I couldn't pull up a spec sheet anywhere, but it would seem strange as the LX/EX units - which is identical in RMS, would support 6 channels.

Can anyone shed a light on this?
    I doubt there are 6 real channels on the LX or EX and you don't need 6 distinct channels anyway. You can install tweeters (and a crossover or a simple bass blocker if needed) for the same effect.
  • jay69jay69 Member Posts: 2
    any parrot kit will work
    i use the ck3200 and like it
    easy to upgrade the software and easy to pair with phone
    will not affect aux input
    if you have nav unit aux input may be an issue as i am trying to find one that works
    i have used the usaspec on non nav units and the only issue was the volume seemed low for the ipod
    have not found one for the nav unit in the 2007 model year
  • jay69jay69 Member Posts: 2
    not sure if the usaspec will work
    the one i tried would not
    unless it has a t harness as the aux in plug is occupied with the nav. there is a male molex plug in the harness but i assume it is for cd changer
    good luck
  • lacocacolamanlacocacolaman Member Posts: 2
    Hello Guys,

This is my first time. I'm trying to replace the Factory speakers. I got the door panels removed, but the speakers aren't screwed on to the Door. It seems to me that they are either glued on or snapped on. How could I remove the factory speakers? Should I just force off the factory mounting?(I tried but bent the factory mounting and stopped) HELP me with some simple steps.
    much appreciated
    Rafael R. III
    :sick:
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Someone here will know more than I do but I believe the door speakers have clips. I know because one of mine broke and they had to replace the whole speaker.
  • elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    Here's the page out of the service manual 03-05 years. I'm sure the 07 is the same.
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • jp75jp75 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 03 accord with 6 disc in dash cd (no navi).

I want to find a wrecked accord with navi and take it out and install the entire system into my vehicle, any one know if this is possible/difficult?

I also want to add mp3 to my system I have been looking at the Harmon Karmon device but I see on here there are a lot of people talking about the "USA spec " device. One thing is I do not want to lose my steering wheel audio functions and I want track info to be visibly through the original stereo display.

I also had the lights dim (stereo, AC, Heater, basically the entire center stack). I went to the dealer and Honda has a service bulletin to fix a vehicles with less than 90k miles - they just put in a new motherboard.
  • mayurjshahmayurjshah Member Posts: 37
    Just read thru the recent posts on the speakers for the VP. I'm thinking of buying this for my parents and wanted to know about the last 2 of the 6 speakers that LX & other models have.

2 front
    2 rear
    2 ? - and are these last two easy to install?

lex & others, how do you like your cars? Mind sharing quick OTD information?? Thanks.
    There are actually 4 in the front. Two are in the doors and two are tweeters on the top of the dashboard.
    Is the dash pre-wired the same way the rear deck is pre-wired for speakers or would new wiring need to be run?
    I'm curious about that, but I bet his parents could are less about the dash tweeters. They might not even miss the rear deck speakers.
    That's a great question. Many here have mentioned the wiring for the rear speakers but I don't recall anyone saying anything about the dash. Sorry that I don't know.
  • dave127dave127 Member Posts: 1
    For the last few months, audio book CD's have intermittently frozen - unable to move forward or back. After disc was removed and reinserted, it would work for awhile. Recently, same problem with music CDs. Now I can't play anything for more than about ten minutes without freezing.
    Dealer advises replacement.
    Any comments/advice?
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Can somebody with an SE tell me if there is an XM or SAT button on the 6 cd changer like the EX-L has. According to the spec sheets they have the same radio.

I would check myself, but it is about 200 miles to the nearest dealer.
  • sraspsrasp Member Posts: 4
    OK, I have an older Accord (95) and I have a JVC under the dash Sirius radio. I believe that the manufactory said that it will also work in the 2007. I was going to ask the dealer to swap it out for me. Also I have a non-ipod mp3 player, would there be a was of adding a third party connection to get an auxiliary port. I could always just buy another radio with an aux port in the front. Any suggestions or ideas??
    Has anyone had any luck putting in a different radio in the 2007 Accord. I want a radio with an Aux port in from to plug an MP3 player in. I am adding a under dash Sirius radio would like to do both at the same time, but it appears that there is not dash kit for this car. Any ideas??
  • saleemsaleem Member Posts: 114
    there are 3rd party products that plug into the radio behind the scenes to add an AUX port; no need for a whole new radio
    Saleem,

Thanks, but I thought the Honda only had one port in and I will be using that for Sirius? I hope you are correct. I just have been shot down a few times requesting this configuration.
  • saleemsaleem Member Posts: 114
    the usa spec attachment gives an aux port, and can be used on accord radios with the sat button. i think you press it twice to toggle between sat and aux?
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    I have one in my '05 Odyssey (non-navi, so no built in XM).

It plugs into the aux port on the factory headunit, and sits in the little cubby. It has a dedicated ipod dock port (so it also charges without having to plug into the cig lighter), and a set of RCA jacks.

Right now, I have the ipod on it, and an XM roady. Well, the ipod is in the house waiting for more tunes, but whatever..

It is a slick unit. To switch between the 2 inputs, you select a different track. Just select aux, and it will automatically play whatever you have hooked up. If you have both, it plays the ipod, unless you switch the input to a different track (Like switching disks in a CD changer).

Much easier and cheaper than trying to replace the whole headunit.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

everything I read says that it will not work in the 2007 accord EX, no NAV and no dual heat. can anyone confirm that it works on the '07
  • rdaubinrdaubin Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a '99 Accord and I want to upgrate the sound system which includes replacing the stock speakers. Does anyone know how to remove/install the rear deck speakers? I couldn't find any instructions online. An installer told me they'd have to remove the rear panels, the back seat and the rear deck to access the speakers. Is this correct?
  • norm1971norm1971 Member Posts: 4
    I own a 07 Accord VP and over the weekend I popped the tweeter covers and noticed wiring. I have just ordered tweeters of the Honda website for a total of 25.00$
    Wow... $25 seems pretty cheap. Good to know the wiring is there.
  • almaskhanalmaskhan Member Posts: 1
    Good to know it's pre-wired once you've got them could you post how to do it, because from the looks of the tweeter position I don't see how you can do it. But I know nothing about speaker installation so anyways that would be great if you could say. Thanks
  • rubblerubble Member Posts: 12
    Anyone have one of these? Happy with it?
  • norm1971norm1971 Member Posts: 4
    I just finished intalling tweeters on a 07 ACCORD VP and they are worth the 30 dollars spent. I have listed Honda part# thats required to complete the job.

2-Ea 39120-SDA-A61 SPEAKER ASSY., TWEETER (MATSUSHITA)
    1-Ea 77133-SDA-A01ZA LID, R. TWEETER
    1-Ea 77138-SDA-A01ZA LID, L. TWEETER
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Feel like adding a "how-to" to the new CarSpace Guides section? It's fun and will be helpful to many. :)
    Does anyone have photos of the AUX and/or iPod adapter installed?
    I'd like to see if there is any neat way to install it and use it without dangling unsightly wires in view.

Looks like this Parrot MK6100 could be cool as long as you have a Bluetooth audio compatible phone (A2DP). With stereo bluetooth, you don't need to plug the phone into anything in the car unless you want to charge it. It will play your phone's audio (music etc, not just phone calls) over your car stereo system via automatic bluetooth pairing rather than having to plug in and remove cables every time you get in and out of the car.

Plus this would probably eliminate line feedback/alternator noise you sometimes have with an AUX line-in cable.

It has a wireless control that clips onto the steering wheel. (LOOK CAREFULLY, you will see it on the wheel in the photo above)
    I don't think I would even bother installing the LED display pictured on the dash since I could just use the display built into the cellphone.
    However, it has to be mounted somewhere if you want to use the two built-in microphones for hands free calling.

The cell phone could be mounted with a Pro-clip mount.

Some of these smartphones not only play MP3s, but can work as a GPS nav system through Verizon or Cingular.
    In that case you don't need a cell phone, plus an iPod, plus a portable nav system. Everything would be in one pocketable device.

Your phone's GPS navigation spoken audio prompts would then also play over your car speakers along with the music rather than through the tiny speaker built into the phone.

I think that would be a neat setup.

What do you think about it?
    Someone posted a link to some directions that showed the plug installed through the back of the center console. He drilled a hole in the back that was hardly noticeable with the door open and, of course, out of site when the door was closed.

Not sure if that was posted here or on another thread though.
  • drboudrodrboudro Member Posts: 1
    I have an '06 Accord V6 W/O Nav. All of a sudden, the music vanishes. The radio is still on, the CD player will cycle CD's, and the radio will show all of the pre-sets... but there is no music. Then, the music will come back on. Then, go off again, and at different time intervals.

I am on my third brand new radio from Honda! They are about to give me my fourth! They have no idea what the proble, is. Everything else in the car works perfectly.

Please help!

Dr. Boudro
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    you think they would be smart enough to realize after 3 different radios all doing the same thing, that it isn't the radio!

SOunds like a loose wire or a short someplace. Often a bear to diagnose, probably just easier to keep tossing in new radios on Honda's dime.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• 04accord04accord Member Posts: 1
    I have a 04 Accord Sedan. It seems that there is a limited selection of speakers that will fit the doors (W/O modification) Has any one replaced the speakers, and which brand do you recomend
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Hey,

I have a 2006 accord, and I had new speakers installed in the front and rear, the factory speakers have no life to them at all. I had it installed at a special car shop, they offered there own speakers they sold. I wanted the most efficient speakers I could get, meaning the best sensitivity rating.I chose Memphis Audio, they had others like infiniti, but Memphis Audio had the best sensitivity level, so they would play on little power. Sounded Awesome!! Although, I will say, they took FOREVER to break in, so definitely let them play a long time when you get them. They sounded very harsh and tight at first, but opened up. So don't worry, all speakers go through this, some longer than others though, tweeters are great too, Smooth not harsh, I love them. They are worth it though. I do not have an amp, they are hooked up to the factory cd player. My front speakers were easy apparently, I do not know if they had to modify them though. The Rear, different story, they had to take out my rear seat, and that was a mess, they bent a rod in the seat making it not level, not easy, they have to be careful. I got the 6 by 9's memphis in the rear. I am an audiophile and have klipsch in my home, these are quite good without an amp, but if hooked to an amp, it would be taken to a whole other level. The front speakers are almost flawless, I lease my car, I might trade my car in, so an amp would not make sense. They might have to modify your car some inside the door based on what you pick, but my speakers seem to fit right in. Pick really efficient speakers, look at the sensitivity rating. I paid $450 for speakers and install. I love the stereo now, it is now equallized to 12+bass,+1 treble, and faded more to the front, and its AWESOME, considering no amp. I hope this helps, and if you need help, just let me let me know.

Brian
    +12 on the bass??? Yikes!! How can you hear the music over the bass?
    Ah to be young again... when bass was important. ;)
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    Just what I love... having some soon-to-be-deaf guy drive near me making enough racket that my ears hurt with my windows shut. Wonderful when having to wait for a green light.
  • karbcrkarbcr Member Posts: 1
    Does the 2007 Accord radio display (w/o nav) show the song and artist for radio songs, XM songs, and CD songs? I assume that it does on the nav. I am trying to decide if it's really worth getting the nav. Any thoughts? Thanks!
    Don't assume too much WITH navi. Only XM displays artist/song title. No FM. No CD.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Hey,

Ya, that sounds like it totally puts alot of bass in the music at 12+, but the way the new speakers are, and the way the radio is, it does not make it sound bassy at all, which is weird. It just makes it fuller sounding. Now keep in mind, my aftermarket speakers can take sooo much more than the old stock speakers. It actually sounds completely level with it at 12+ bass, really, it just makes it nice and full sounding, and is very clean. If I have 12+ on the stock speakers, wow, yes it would be crazy, and the stock would not take it at all. I used to have the bass at -2, before they were broken in, and then one day, I moved the bass all the way up to 12+, and noticed it sounded great, it is not overly emphasized at all. I like clean sounding music, and own klipsch and bose, and these memphis audio speakers are great. But if you get aftermarket speakers, youll understand why I have it at 12+. Really any level lower on bass, sounds, tinny and not full. my treble actually has to be on -1 or the tweeters are too loud. but I think once honda moves the tweeters off the dash, it'll sound better too. Try it, Memphis audio, they're great, and efficient, that why I have them at 12+. My system is awesome, and I had a choice between infinti or these, I picked these. You cant go wrong, and with an amp you can go even further. But I lease, so no amp needed for me.
    That sounds a little better :D - I also have the stock speakers at -2 for the bass.
  • tnguyen74tnguyen74 Member Posts: 65
    My in dash disc changer went out on my 03 Accord EX. At first it would not eject disc, than it woudn't play them, now I can't even switch to CD mode anymore.

Has anyone encountered this and was the solution to replace the head unit? If so was it a dealer visit or DIY.
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    By chance were any of the CDs labeled with an do-it-yourself labeler? If so, that could be your problem with it not ejecting the disks.

Mrbill
    What speakers have people put in their Accords? According to Crutchfield there is not too much that fits. They said that there may be room for quite a few speakers, but they don't reccomend any speakers that are larger than the OEM (for height and depth)