Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

BMW 325xi or Mercedes C280 4matic?

kt9kt9 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in BMW
which one is a better AWD car?

Comments

• Options
    erickplerickpl Member Posts: 2,735
    on model year. The older XI's don't have a variable torque capabilities. It was a 62/38 split rear/front. The newer xi's have x-drive which provides more flexibility.

I personally would take a BMW over a MB. My BMW experiences have been stellar and the news I hear about MB, especially electronics and parts quality inside, is less than what I'd expect from a brand name like that.

-Paul
  • Options
    jlbarnhartjlbarnhart Member Posts: 3
    I would highly recommend the 2006 BMW 325xi. I bought one fully loaded. I love it. :) I am currently living in France. The first real road trip was to take it from Lyon to Normandy. It handled the roads like a pro. The navigation system is a God send. The downside is the I-Drive can be a bit tricky to understand. I am still working at mastering the voice commands. Yes, the car has voice commands. I recommend getting it with Bluetooth technology. The handling, comfort and reliability is outstanding. I would take the BMW over the Mercedes Benz anyday.
  • Options
    jlbarnhartjlbarnhart Member Posts: 3
    I recommend going with the BMW. You will not go wrong. :shades:
  • Options
    dfc3dfc3 Member Posts: 87
    Old forum, but after nearly a year of driving the MB C280... I test drove both a year ago. I went with the C280 4-Matic. I suppose its true that you can't go wrong with either of them; in that you're comparing 2 great cars within the class you're looking. My decision was based on a couple of factors. First, the MB felt more solid; the BMW felt more sporty. Second, the turning radius is a little tighter on the MB; which provided a slightly more maneuverable feeling for me. Third, the MB is a little narrower, and if you're concerned about mountain driving or in ice and snow, gives a little more room to make some little errors in judgment.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
This discussion has been closed.