Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid

Comments

• dodo2dodo2 Member Posts: 496
    Do you know the Canadian pricing already or you are just going to buy it regardless the price.
    Canadian prices and trims have been released today. Build and price for 2007 Outlander is now available on Mitsu Canada web site. I have to say that Mitsu Canada did a great job getting very aggressive pricing. We get the Phoenix Red option and tonneau cover ($310 US option) included in the Convenience Package on the LS ($1250 CAD) which brings it up to the US LS 4WD level.
    Happy day for me today. My only concern is that the fog lights are not listed, but I hope it will not be a problem to add them on. Actually no accessories are listed at this time.
  • rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    Cool. I know you've been waiting for this news for a long time. :shades: Good to hear they're pricing it competitively too.
    Yep. The Canadian XLS is the killer though. For $33,000 CAD you get the US XLS specs plus S&S and Luxury (No HID though). The Navi AND Entertainment is $4000 CAD option. The Canadian XLS is $600 less than the Canadian RAV4 Sport which, apart from the more powerfull V6, doesn't offer anything special in terms of features.
  • saabskisaabski Member Posts: 61
    Hello all,

Just got an offer of $17,995(before taxes) for a White 2007 Outlander ES with no other options. Is this a good deal? Or can I push to have the dealer sell me an Outlander for $17,000 even?

Also, this is first time that I am considering a Mitsubishi. Would they be around next few years? I plan to keep the car for a while, but would hate to not have anyone to service Outlander. Other than that, Outlander seems to be an amazing value at $17,995 already. I am also looking at Subaru Forester X automatic as well.

Thanks for your input.
  • jod3jod3 Member Posts: 18
    I paid 18,852 and a 695 dealer fee, for an 07 ES. That is about 1000 less then the "TMV" price on Edmunds. 18k sounds like a great deal. What does everyone else think?
  • solowalkersolowalker Member Posts: 118
    Take the deal.

Outlander has an outstanding 4WD as an option...Try to work a deal on an LS model if you need 4WD..It is slick..

Forester is a great car..it's my other car...but the new Outlander is the best value by far.

Mitsubishi won't give up the lucrative US market...The new Outlander is selling like hotcakes....They have a winner with Outlander here...
    At $17,995 that's almost too good to be true. I doubt you can bargain for anything lower than that but why not? Cheaper is always better. :D

Mitsubishi has been doing good for the past 7 months. With the launch of the 07 Outlander, 08 Lancer in March, and Evo X in December, things can only get better.

The US is a vital market Mitsu isn't willing to give up. So they intend to stay. Sales figures are looking better than ever, so they don't have a reason to leave.
    I think 18K flat is a market specific dealer pricing. You're price is good too, and that is a more realistic figure. Congrats on your purchase. How about some pics for us in the pics thread? ;)
  • deweygdeweyg Member Posts: 3
    mucool- what is the name of the dealer in Houston where you got your deal?
  • mucoolmucool Member Posts: 24
    Gillman Mitsubishi (Southwest). All the best, hope you get a good deal!
  • billyybillyy Member Posts: 11
    hi,can anybody share they experience getting outlander in Canada. I know they already show the price in the website, but what's the invoice price should I stand for. I am really looking for it. Thanks
    I heard that some Mitsu dealers in Toronto will have the Outlander late this week or next week. I haven't check the Carcostcanada for the invoice price because I think it might be too early for them to get it, but perhaps I will check it anyway.
    Carcostcanada does not have the 2007 Outlander invoice price yet. I will keep an eye on it.
  • evolanderevolander Member Posts: 7
    Fully loaded XLS AWD (Navi,Lux pkg,sound system,etc.) black pearl with trailer hitch and harness installed.

31,095 we paid 29500. Included lifetime tires too,provided all oil changes and tire rotations completed per mfgr intervals. Im good with that,their oil changes are $24.

Overall buying experience was good. Our salesman was honest and forward with us. We had to go in a few times because the deal wasnt good enough for us,but it was understandable-the dealership still hasnt gotten another 4wd XLS in yet. It was basically their flagship car and we wanted it for nothing. :) Id go back for another vehicle there in a heartbeat. I traded in my Evo 8 and her Galant so my wife could have this thing free and clear of payments. Im looking forward to the Evo X. My Evo 8 was the most trouble free car Ive owned and I beat it mercilessly,including an all day track event. :blush: We love our Outlander,what a car for the price!
    Thanks dodo2..
  • lukeskywalkerlukeskywalker Member Posts: 2
    Hey All -

I am looking to lease an XLS with Sun and Sound, Luxury and Navigation packages for 36 months at 15,000 miles per year.

Anyone else leased at those specs on those terms and what payment did you get?

Thanks
  • missvicmissvic Member Posts: 6
    dealer says Can models has heated mirrors and tonnue cover. full load top model with navi and rear entertyainment $38300
    Our dealer took a guess on the price and I ordered based on his price which was right on the money $38300. The Can specs din't mention the heated mirrors so i called him and he said the ones that just arrived had the heated mirrors. Mine arrived the last week of Jan but was not the right color. should be here by the middle of Feb.
    Heated mirrors would be a nice surprise, but I doubt it. I guess 38,300 is the OTD price? Isn't it a bit too high, unless it includes the NAVI/RSE? I haven't seen one in Toronto yet. I went to one dealer that was suppose to get them last week, but no luck.
    navi and rear dvd is included in the $38300.
    This would be $38,345 MSRP including freight/pdi.
    For those interested, first batch of Outlanders has arrived in Toronto area today.
  • aquaticexploreaquaticexplore Member Posts: 89
    Canadian question:

Really like that car and will consider buying one under 1 condition: The loaded version in Canada does not come with HIDs like the US version. Do you think Mitsu would let me special order one with them? It is either that or I shop elsewhere.
  • solowalkersolowalker Member Posts: 118
    maybe HID's are illegal in Canada..
  • carstalkcarstalk Member Posts: 16
    2 more exterior colors available for US market: Phoenix Red & Desert Sand Beige. Both are nice colors, especially Desert sand exterior with beige interior. I'm glad I waited. I was at the local dealership last Sat 2/3 but didn't see any in lot. Has anyone seen these 2 colors yet?
  • growwisegrowwise Member Posts: 296
    In Toronto, so the prices are canadian. Dealer knocked off 1250 from MSRP of 33 grand for XLS. However, he did very well for my trade-in. Compared to a honda dealer, mitsu offered heck of a lot more for my trade-in. So, Its all good. However, I have a question.. Why does it take 2-3 weeks to get a simple black/black XLS in Canada?
    Why does it take 2-3 weeks to get a simple black/black XLS in Canada?

Maybe it has to be special ordered from Japan. Sometime these dealerships don't stack up much on their inventories, and I don't know if dealerswaps are a common thing too in Canada.
  • gene_vgene_v Member Posts: 235
    Nothing at 4 dealerships in St Louis area.
    Colors are displayed at mitsubishicars.com.
  • jfortneyjfortney Member Posts: 5
    I had a mixed buying experience in Arkansas and surrounding states. I wanted an Outlander XLS AWD with NAV, Luxury and Sun&Sound, with black interior (no color preference on exterior). I started with the pricing utility at Edmunds to determine the invoice price. Then I used the dealer email quote on the Mitsubishi website to get quotes from my three local dealers. Only one (Little Rock Mitsubishi) bothered to email me back and their quote was not for the trimline/options that I requested. When they did finally give me a nice low quote for the right model, it turned out not to have NAV when I went down there. The old bait and switch! So I decided to go visit Crain Mitsubishi in North Little Rock. They were nice, but didn't have the car I wanted and didn't seem very eager to get me one from another dealership. After waiting two weeks for Crain to find me a car, I gave up and called Gosset Mitsubishi in Memphis. They claimed to have the car I wanted on the lot, but they wouldn't give me an email quote. Well, I wasn't going to negotiate a price after driving 150 miles. Next I tried Orr Shreveport Mitsubishi (180 miles away). They were great and found me a black one in Dallas. They gave me an email quote of innovoice+$500 profit + $250 delivery = $29,312.28. Their invoice was the same as Edmunds. I would have preferred to pay less than $500 profit, but none of the other dealers seemed to be interested in selling me a car, so I took it. Everything went smoothly when I went to pick it up on 1/27/2007, with no outrageous add-on dealer costs. Got the 4.9% financing for 60 months. So it took me a while and I didn't great a great deal, but it wasn't bad. Currently, there don't seem to be many loaded XLS models out there, so it was hard to bargain down the price. Also most of the salesmen were not at all knowledgeable about the advanced features of the car. The purchasing experience was not ideal, but I am really happy with the Outlander itself.
    Currently, there don't seem to be many loaded XLS models out there

Thats probably because everyone figures its nice to have third row kiddos seat. I wish they put one in midlevel model.
  • jfortneyjfortney Member Posts: 5
    Actually, I would have preferred not to have the third row. I liked the under-the-floor storage compartments in the LS trim line better. I went for the XLS because it was the only trim line available with leather.
    I think it's all about personal preference. Some people like it, some people don't. I don't really see the need for the 3rd row seat in my XLS at the moment but I thought it's cool to have it there when I need it in the future.
  • lazyace13lazyace13 Member Posts: 15
    It looks pretty easy to remove. :)
  • glenski01glenski01 Member Posts: 44
    Any price experiences on a LS cloth interior, 4WD, w/sunroof LS? Comparing to a Mazda CX7, not sure which we will purchase yet.
    Any experiences good or bad with Denver Mitshi dealers? Never have purhased a Mitshi, previously preferred Honda & Toyota products but really liking the Outlander best so far.

Thanks for any info :)
    I got the VIN and it has Z for plant which means that it was manufactured at Okazaki plant. U is for Mizushima plant. I heard that okazaki plant just came online for building outlanders bound for Russia, North America. Mizushima has been building outlanders for a while now. Question is whether there will be any quality differences between the two? I heard Okazaki was on the verge of closure and has been revived since mizushima cant handle the volume.

Latest word is that its on a ship towards vancouver and will touch land on 14th. From then onto Toronto via Rail and dealership via truck. I am looking at 2 weeks at the least from today. Darn.
    Question is whether there will be any quality differences between the two?

Mizushima builds are better since they've been doing it for a long time now (naahh, just kidding you :P ). :D Actually I don't see why there would be any difference. Okazaki plant has been doing its share of assembly for other models, until Mizushima hit the ceiling because of the healthy orders for the Outlander, so they had to expand to Okazaki. Mine was a Mizushima build. Hopefully your new Outlander will be issue-free. Congrats on your new ride.
    Is it possible that all the new outlanders having problems such as front end click and heater blowing lukewarm are originating out of okazaki?
    I doubt it. Okazaki builds are suppose to be the ones built this Jan to Feb, and this front-end clunk and what seems to be a heater issue are most likely Mizushima builds. They would probably be identical builds. So if Mitsu has made whatever ammendments to the parts in the assembly line level, it won't matter where your Outlander is built from. To be sure, just do the thorough test drive before taking your new ride home.
    Hi,growwise. Are you in Canada? If yes, Can you share your prices &buying experience in Canada? It is just few forums in Canada I can get the info about this truck,most U.S, and seems not too many ppl are drving it in Canada yet..Anybody in Canada please share your experience.

I haven't seen any on the road yet in Toronto. It appears that the first shipment just came in last Wednesday.
  • no5no5 Member Posts: 10
    Currently in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. First shipment of 2007 Outlanders arrived mid/late last week (week of Feb 5th).

I bought an XLS (without navi), due to arrive at the end of March. Paid full MSRP, with no negotiations at all (or anything added for **free**). Too many people were lined up to purchase.

Winnipeg received 5 for the first shipment (there's only on Mitsu dealership in the province). Dealership received:

- 1 XLS (no navigation, gray and sold on the first day @ the dealership(not to me though),
    - 1 LS 2WD (sun + sound),
    - 1 LS 4WD (no sun + sound)
    - 2 LS 4WD (sun + sound)
  • bearishly4ubearishly4u Member Posts: 38
    The same day my partner picked up his 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited I had my 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander ES delivered. I toyed with the idea of the xls but for the price, I think I made the right decision. I got it for 19135.00 and LOVE driving it. Yeah, it came with wheel covers (which I'm changing tomorrow) but that is allowing me to spend the money on the wheels I want.
    They have been out in Canada for more than couple weeks now. Probably like 3 weeks back they started arriving. I changed my color choice so many times that dealer got pissed off. They even had me a vin for one vehicle coming to vancouver so that it will be put on a train to toronto. There are more choices if you dont go the xls route. xls without navi/dvd are also hard to come by. Luckily there is one such in graphite gray pearl sitting in markham. dealer in brampton with whom I made the deal is getting it for me tomorrow/today. I gave them my final color choice day before yesterday afternoon. Hopefully, I'll have mine by saturday morning. Got the final vin and it is all mine :P

I got 1250 bucks off the msrp of 33k. More importantly, I got a fair trade-in value of 3k which reduces my tax by 500 bucks. Honda dealer was not willing to give much for my trade-in which really turned the tables towards mitsu. Free oil change and t-shirts were thrown in.

I paid zero down and zero deposit. 60/84 plan kept the payment low with final balloon payment after 5 years. APR was 5.8% from Scotia Bank. They also do BMO and no MMC finance exists in canada.

Keep in mind that endaevor is selling for 38k and is much more bigger vehicle. Also, they were giving 5k off on galants but not sure how much on endaevor. Check it out as well.
    Drove the Outlander today and I noticed it had both problems mentioned on this forum - front knock and driver side rattle. The car I drove was manufactured on December 06.
    I see that the prices have been finally released:

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr 4WD XLS

Retail Price*-------Wholesale Price**

Base...........$32,998.00----------$30,350.24
    Freight..........$1,195.00------------$1,195.00

Optional equipment selected
    - FEDERAL AIR CONDITIONING EXCISE TAX (-EXTAX)
    $100.00 $100.00
    - LEATHER SEAT TRIM (STD) (23_)
    $0.00 $0.00
    - STANDARD PAINT (-PT) $0.00 $0.00

Totals including all items above
    $34,293.00-------$31,645.24

Anybody want more? ;)
    I noticed that the Freight&PDI on carcostcanada.com shows $1,195, but on the Mitsubishi Canada, the destination is $1,345. Usually, is the same amount. Mitsubishi used to have the destination charge of $1,195 few month back. In any case it this figure does not matter as usually it's not negociable. I will get the price for the LS 4WD + Convenience Package.
    Looks like I was cheated. In toronto, they charged me 1600 bucks for freight.
    CONVENIENCE PKG: $1,250.00 (RETAIL) || $1,100.00 (WHOLESALE)

SUN & SOUND PKG: $1,950.00 (RETAIL) || $1,716.00 (WHOLESALE)

NAVIGATION & ENTERTAINMENT PKG: $4,000.00 (RETAIL) || $3,520.00 (WHOLESALE)
    The only option on XLS is nav/dvd pkg which I gladly skipped. Can get a garmin for 800 bucks.
    Me too.