Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
edited May 2015 in Mitsubishi
For current pricing information, go to 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid

Tell us about your shopping experience!!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    See here: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2006100939007&mime=ASC
    Look at the prices! :P

Outlander ES 2WD - SOHC 24 Valve V6 MIVEC (3.0L/6ST) $21,370.00 6-Speed Sportronic(R) / 2WD
    Outlander LS 2WD - SOHC 24 Valve V6 MIVEC (3.0L/6ST) $22,410.00 6-Speed Sportronic(R) / 2WD
    Outlander XLS 2WD - SOHC 24 Valve V6 MIVEC (3.0L/6ST) $23,650.00 6-Speed Sportronic(R) with Paddle Shifters / 2WD
    Outlander LS 4WD - SOHC 24 Valve V6 MIVEC (3.0L/6ST) $23,770.00 6-Speed Sportronic(R) / 4WD
    Outlander XLS 4WD - SOHC 24 Valve V6 MIVEC (3.0L/6ST) $25,010.00 6-Speed Sportronic(R) with Paddle Shifters / 4WD

Only 25,010 for the 4wd XLS!! Christmas came early this year. :D

And with ALL options added to the XLS 4WD, it's just $29,990! You can still opt-out on some items to get a lower price.

-rcpax
  • xcellxcell Member Posts: 14
    YES! It was worth waiting for! $$$$
  • wildwoodstwildwoodst Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info....I am glad I waited after looking at it at the New York auto show. I almost got a Rav, but thought I would wait to see what Mitsu come up. Now..Looks like it was worth the wait.
  • mrmister2000mrmister2000 Member Posts: 86
    Well, on one hand I'm ecstatic that the pricing figures have finally been released... but, on the other hand I'm a little disappointed at the pricing, itself.

Not that it's bad, at all, and it's still more for the money than with the RAV4, but I had expected that a 4X4 Outlander XLS "fully-loaded" with all the options would be around $30K and that this figure would have been for all options INCLUDING the rear entertainment package, which turns out not even to be an option in the first place on the XLS models. It's not that I had needed or wanted it anyway, but I had figured that if a "fully loaded" model had cost $30K then that should have meant (at least to my eyes) that if one elected not to add the entertainment package it might have subtracted $1,000 or more off the $30K price... bringing it in line with the $27K-$28K that I was expecting. I also question the Luxury package adding $1,600 to the price. Does that seem about normal for heated leather seats and HID headlights? I honestly don't know, but I was truly shocked to see that those things could add so much to the price. $1,000 maybe, but I sure as heck wasn't expecting $1,600! Wow!

Now, perhaps I was being just a little too optimistic with the pricing, but at all available options except for the entertainment package and at a price of maybe $28,000 the Outlander's pricing would not only have been competitive, but would have blown the others completely out of the water.

Having said all this, I still think it's a great deal. And as several of us have already said, a similarly-equipped RAV4 would cost a little more and wouldn't even have a Nav system. So anyway, just felt the need to blab all of that out.

One question though... actually two. First, at the bottom of the pricing list there is something that says "25th Anniversary Edition Bonus" and has a 'negative' price of $1,380. What is that, a discount? Does it apply to all trim lines (not just the 2WD ES)?

Secondly, can anyone hazard a guess at what leasing a fully-loaded 4X4 XLS for 36 months might cost (roughly) per month? I can't even begin to take a guess at what the residual value would be, or what Mitsubishi's lease % rates are and I'm trying to decide whether it would be more cost-effective to lease or buy.

Wow this was a really long message!
  • sampowerssampowers Member Posts: 30
    Great! I stopped by one local Mitsu dealer this weekend and I was told DECEMBER 2006! What's the deal? Anyone heard different? I am in Houston, so I know we are a little behind but come on!

I wanted to test drive well before then! How does Mitsu expect to compete if they release a vehicle this late in the year?

BLOCKHEADS!!!
  • abangabang Member Posts: 44
    If they are available in December, perhaps you'll get a good deal by waiting to buy on Christmas Eve which will be really slow at the dealership. :D
    Following Edmunds advice, I went through the internet manager at a local dealership in Portland, Oregon, Ray Reece Mitsubishi. Arrived at my appointed time. Was given the remote to the car (the XLS is keyless after all) and told to bring the car back in 30 minutes. No pressure, no annoying salesman riding along. After the test drive, I was shown the invoice and the sale price. All handled by one person, not the usual bunch of clowns who all take turns trying to shake you down.

I got a quote of $24,202 for the 4WD XLS base. That's $200 over invoice. Now if only Mitsubishi was offering a good deal on loans, I'd buy this in a hurry.
  • dodo2dodo2 Member Posts: 496
    Does $24,202 include delivery ($625)? If it does, this is the exact invoice price published by Edmunds.
  • njawdrivernjawdriver Member Posts: 23
    I just built the Outlander online and found out that the 25th anniversary discount ($1380 off) is ONLY available on the 2WD base ES model...Pretty disappointing as I had calculated that discount into the expected price.
  • 123tech123tech Member Posts: 10
    Mitsubishi is offereing good deals on loands,
    %3.9 - 48 months
    %4.9 - 60 months
    Yes, delivery is included in the quote.
    Regarding the good deal on loans, do those interest rates apply to the '07 Outlander? If so, I'm buying one.
  • ghettofabulousghettofabulous Member Posts: 15
    I bought the xls outlander today with the navi, sun & sound & luxury packages. I have been reading this forum and researching all of the compact SUVs and for me, this was the best choice because I wanted a nav system,leather, heated seats as well as a car with more than 200 hp. I looked at and/or test drove the Rav 4, Honda Element & CRV, Mazda CX7, Suzuki Grand Vitara and XL7. The RAV 4's back seat was uncomfortable because unless the head rests were up, they hit in my back and no nav. The CRV and Element were underpowered (element - no nav or heated leather seats). The Mazda has everything I wanted but I felt claustrophobic inside it and I don't want to use premium gas. The Grand Vitara was nice but had no nav and not quite enough hp for me; however, it has a wonderful turn radius. The XL7 is very nice and the 3rd row seats are the best ones I've seen. It rides very smooth. But for me, it was too long (197"). I've been driving an Astro van for the last 11 years so for me the Outlander is a real step up into the 21st century with all of it's new technology. I love all of the cup holders and the stereo is awesome. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out where is the aux ipod jack. I thought I found the input jack at the bottom of the navi screen but haven't been able to get it to work. The dealership also was clueless about this feature. And I still have to learn how to record cds into the hard drive and am learning more about the bluetooth phone system. Good luck to all of you who are still looking. :)
    And since were in the "Prices Paid" thread, I hope you don't mind telling us how much you paid for the car, as I am getting exactly the same trim. :)..and what color is it?
  • snagssnags Member Posts: 27
    Went to see the Outlander at a local dealer in Turnersville ,NJ and they had an XLS slightly over 30K ,however there was an additional sticker with a market rate Adjustment of $1,500.00 bringing it to over 32K.

Of course I wouldnt buy one with that on it similarly I wouldnt buy one with dealers extras I dont need or want.

Does anyone know what this adjustment is about ? Is it a gimmick?
    First time I heard of it. I don't remember reading anything about "market rate adjustments". Might be a tactic to start you haggle at a higher price, and eventually end up at something close to MSRP anyway. I would suggest you go look at other dealerships.
    The market adjustment is just a rip off. Those crooks jack up the price and then attempt to convince you that you're getting a good deal when they offer to sell it to you at factory sticker price. Don't fall for it.

I just got my loan approved for a Mitsubishi XLS with the 3.9% financing for 48 months. I'm getting the car at invoice from Ray Reece Mitsubishi in Portland, Oregon. I'm just waiting for a deep blue color to show up, so far none are available for $500 miles.

Please read the articles on how to shop for a new car here at the Edmunds web site. I followed it. When you deal with an internet sales person at a dealership, the buying process is mostly easier.
    I got the aqua color and paid $27,808. With sales tax, prep fee & license, total was $30,403. Financed for 5 years at 4.9%. The greatest for me is that my daughter's boyfriend works for a mitsubishi dealer and made my car buying experience virtually painless. All I had to do was tell him what I wanted and come in, test drive, and sign. By the way, the aux jack is at the bottom of the console in the back. Hooked up a cable to my ipod and now I'm a happy camper. :)
    The sticker on the window had the car listed for $29,255 and there was a dealer's mark up of $1995, so they were asking $31,545 total prior to tax, license, etc.
    You wouldn't happen to have bought it from a south holland IL dealer, did you? I just saw that very same color with the exact same trim and options. And almost the same offer :D
    No, I live in Southern California
  • tester1tester1 Member Posts: 33
    May I ask what is the difference between MSRP ( including destination fee) and price you pay before TAX and Document fee? And since I am in S Cal too, can you provide the dealer's name? Thanks
  • xcellxcell Member Posts: 14
    I got the aqua color and paid $27,808. With sales tax, prep fee & license, total was $30,403. Financed for 5 years at 4.9%. The greatest for me is that my daughter's boyfriend works for a mitsubishi dealer and made my car buying experience virtually painless. All I had to do was tell him what I wanted and come in, test drive, and sign. By the way, the aux jack is at the bottom of the console in the back. Hooked up a cable to my ipod and now I'm a happy camper

Fab...

Was this Outlander a 4Wheel Drive at $30,403.00 OTD?

Congrats on your new purchase!
    It's a 2wheel drive.
    When the Mitsubishi salesman quoted me the monthly payment on the Outlander with the special financing, I checked his figures against my calculations using a financial calculator and his quote for the monthly payment is a few dollars higher than what I calculate. Is this another way of padding his profit or is there some "special" method of calculating car payments?

Granted a few dollars may not appear a big deal but multiplied over the length of a 5 year loan adds up to a few hundred bucks.
    It looks like you are getting ripped off. Redo the calculations, step by step, with the salesman. I know they are using this trick to get more money of you. They hope that you wouldn't care to pay 2-3 bucks more, but yes, they add up to couple of hundreds over the term of your loan.
  • piastpiast Member Posts: 269
    You answered your own question right. I thought they stopped playing this game in the 80'. Never, ever pay for any adjustments, protection pkg, dealer adds on etc. This is just extra cash on top what they are making on each sale. Talk invoice and be ready to walk away.
  • piastpiast Member Posts: 269
    Another dealer trick. Ask them and negotiate price of the car, leave payments for finance department where you close your papers. Read them twice before you sign. Take somebody with you, who is not emotionally involved in a purchase.
  • 123tech123tech Member Posts: 10
    Also dealers love to ask you "how much do you want to pay a month?" When I was at the Mitsubishi dealer, that's how the salesmen approach the talks about pricing. The main thing you want to know is, how much will I pay for the car when I pay off the loan and/or how much are they selling the car to you at the present time. Your monthly payments will depend on down payment, interest rate, trade-in, etc. Dealers love to say how much do you want to pay a month, then they'll add their extras in there, but yet still get you at amount you wanted to pay a month. Unless the manufacturer has a special financing promotion, get your loan on your own, where you don't have to worry about the dealer making up some extra cash in the loan. Great advice Piast, about bringing someone else with you, who's not tied emotionally to the purchase, to double check everything. Good luck!
    What is your first impression about the new Outlander?
    I love this car! I read the reviews before I bought it and I also read the reviews and test drove some of the competition. The outlander has everything I was looking for: a v6 w/more than 200 hp, a navigation system, roomy interior, and heated leather seats. The bonus is the 3rd row emergency seat. It came with the luxury package and for my family, its more useful than the extra storage space offered in the other trims. I also really love the 650 watt stereo as do my young adult children. The sub really bumps and the 30 gig hard drive will be great to use instead of my ipod. We've Never had a sunroof before and my husband fell in love with it. He hates to run the ac; so the sunroof is a great compromise. The bluetooth is great. Now we don't have to worry about getting tickets and are less likely to have car accidents.
    I bought the Outlander after driving Chevy Astro vans for the last 21 years. I love all of the new technology, and its a real step up from what I am accoustomed to having in my van. This car is a lot of fun. In fact,I rarely get to drive it. Whenever I want to go out, my daughters (21 & 24) are fighting over who gets to drive me around. (Ask me how I know the back seat is comfortable :) )I think I've only been able to put 10 miles on it so far. The hard plastic reviewers are complaining about does not bother me one bit. Less to worry about getting ripped or torn. The interior is nice and both front and 2nd row seats are very comfortable. We've had both daughter's 6' boyfriends in the back seat and they have plenty of leg room because the seats can be adjusted.
    I really think that with the Outlander you get a lot of car for your money. Those people who want more luxury can pay the luxury price for padded doors, etc. However, this car has more than enough amenities for me and my family.
    From some of the reviews in Motor Trend and Consumer Guide, I agree the reviewers are being very biased. If they were conducting blind brand tests like the coke vs/ pepsi, I bet the reviews would be different. The Outlander outsells both RAV4 and CRV in Japan.
    As for the competition, I didn't like the seats in the RAV4 because the headrests hit in the back unless they were raised. I also did not want to put in an after market navi and I did not like the side opening tailgate or spare tire on the back. It also cost more and you get less and the seats were not as comfortable. You read some of the reviewer's comments re: cheap interior and yet it still scores higher than the Outlander (because its a Toyota). The grill on the CRV is ugly and it only has a 4 cyl, 166 hp engine. Not enough power.
    The Grand Vitara is nice but also at 185 hp v6 - not enough power and no nav. /great turn radius. In Consumer Guide they ranked it a value pick and scored it a 9; yet I think the 06 model scored less than 5. Interesting since the 07 is the same car as the 06.
    The Mazda CX7 felt claustrophobic, costs more, and uses premium gas. Rear window visibility was also poor.
    The outlander drives so much smoother than my 95 van and it has more hp (astro 190 hp.) As you can see from the age of my van (which I still have), I keep my cars forever. So, resale value is not an important issue for me. Although this is my 1st Mitsubishi, I have friends who have driven them for years (Galant/Monteros)and they have never had any problems. From other consumer reviews, most people seem very happy with mitsu vehicles from a reliability standpoint.
    We all are looking for different things and what is important to me might not matter to someone else. For example, I told a coworker that I was somewhat disappointed that the Outlander remote does not make a beep when you lock the car like my dughter's altima does. This is nice when we are inside the house and want to make sure the car is locked but are too lazy to go outside and check. My co worker told me she hates the beep. So, read the reviews but do go out and test drive the Outlander and judge this car based on your needs and wants. Best of luck & happy shopping.
    Thanks for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. I would say it's better and more credible than some of the "expert" reviews.
    In regards to the remote control issue. Did you try to push the LOCK button on the remote twice, 1-2 seconds apart?
    This is how it works in my Mazda3: push once -the doors lock with no sound just lights flash; push second time (within 2 seconds) and the horn honks and lights flash to confirm that the alarm is armed.
    Perhaps you could check the manual too.
  • outlander2007outlander2007 Member Posts: 22
    http://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/2007Outlander.aspx?lng=2

Finally they posted at least something on Canadian Mitsu Site. Still no word on how much $$$ and when it will be available in Canada. Dealer says Feb of 2007.
  • viamedeviamede Member Posts: 26
    Well it is a start...would have liked to see an option for the 4-cyl sold elsewhere. Looks like we will just get what is being sold stateside...this probably means no red but aqua :P

I would also rather have the option of xls with no third row.

Toronto Auto Show will probably be the first chance to see it without crosing the border.
    It's a slow start... :) I do not see any ads on TV or else where about Mitsubishi. Only my local paper mentions Mitsubishi, but they use extra fine font so nobody can notice their ad... Anyway, i am not interested in 4cyl, it's weak for this CUV. I test drove 2006 model 3-4 times and can tell you that engine is noisy during acceleration (not as bad as RAV4 4cyl though). I am on the same page with you on third row - i do not need no minivan :). The Red color would be nice to have, but you would probably have to pay extra $800 dollars for it. I just what to see damn car before making up my mind (2006 vs 2007). The interest rate could be 7.25% on 2007 one, which will make it very expensive buy.
    Today I made another attempt to purchase an Outlander 2006 Limited. Sales manager said that with my offer he will make only $400.00. He wanted to make at least $864.00. I walked away, telling him that he can call me if he changes his mind. Maybe i am doing something wrong? Everybody says we should aim for Invoice price, but why i am getting such resistance on 2006 model that a. will be discontinued, B, This is almost end of the year. In few weeks technically this car will be 1 year old. I would appreciate your thoughts on this matter. :confuse:
  • sbuhlersbuhler Member Posts: 122
    You should be able to get that vehicle for invoice (or slightly below) with 0% for 60 months. If you don't want to get the 0% for 60 mos you should be able to get it for about $1500 under invoice. I was able to get an 06 Outlander LS Auto for around $200 under invoice with 0% for 60 mos in August. Do you have any other Mitsu dealerships in your area?
    Lucky you! $200 under invoice! We got three dealerships in my area. They want to make anywhere from $864 to $1700 dollars. One of them actually told me that it is normal to make 1700 on a car like this one (Limited addition 2006 Outlander)! Besides, how do I know what is Invoice price for that model? You are talking about Invoice, not MSRP right? Did you get LS 2WD or 4wd, did it come with Security package? People of ONTARIO... what is Invoice Price for Outlander 2006 Limited? :) And how can you get it from the dealer for invoice price?! Why would they do that?!

Sbuhler, do you like your car so far? Did you consider SE or Limited?
    I've seen the Outlander's ad on TBS few times. The full list with the TV stations that would air the ad is at media.mitsubishicars.com. I don't think that the financing rate would be ridiculous. The highest rate they have in Canada on new models is 4.8% for 48 mo. I think someone in the States got 3.8% for 48 mo. Why would you pay $800 for RED? First it looks like it's not available in the US and second, Mitsu is not BMW. MITSUBISHI...I WANT A RED OUTLANDER !!!!.... CAN YOU HEAR ME?....
    In regards to the Canadian pricing, I looked at the relative price of the Outlander compared to RAV4 in the US and I think the Outlander LS will be about 30-31K CAD and the XLS 32-33K CAD. I hope Mitsu will go closer to the min. in order to remain competitive with the Santa Fe as well. It also looks like Mitsu uses lower exchange than Toyota and Honda.
    Canadian Rate is 5.8 6.8% for 60months on 2007 models. Once again: where can i find out Invoice price for 2006 2006 2006 Outlander limited (sorry but now after looking at 2007 model... it looks like a minivan... I do not like it anymore). However, Red color is nice on 2007. Why $800? Because it's metalic paint =at least $800 IMHO.
    You can purchase the invoice price from carcostcanada.com. It's about $40CAD and it gives you about 7 invoice prices if I not mistaken.
    $800 CAD for metalic paint is madness in an Mitsubishi. I paid $105 for my Mazda. Like I said, $800 CAD is the matalic paint for a BMW. In the US, Mitsubishi does not charge extra for any paint options.
    Yeah, I would the XLS no 3rd row too. I would like to have an option for 17" on the LS. 18" will make the ride too bumpy on less than perfect GTA roads. However,they look better.
  • sbuhlersbuhler Member Posts: 122
    I have the 2006 LS 2WD. I was able to get it for a little more than $200 under the invoice price. Of course if I would have taken the $1500 rebate instead of the 0% for 60 mos I would have been $1700 under invoice. I am located in the suburbs of New Orleans and did not have any trouble getting them to negotiate. The Outlanders they had in stock had been sitting on the lot for over 4 months.

The car has been almost flawless since I bought it. The only thing I have recently noticed is a little rattle when I make a hard turn to the left. I will have them look at it when I bring it in for service.

I did not consider the SE or Limited because I always buy base models (don't need any additional frills). For example, my wife has a base model Honda Odyssey (LX). No power sliding doors to break!

It seems you might be located in Canada and Mitsubishi might sell more cars in your area.
    Yup, I am from up North... Not too many Mitsubishi cars on the road around here, but number is increasing. We are not going to see a new 2007 Outlander until Feb of 2007. Why? I do not know. Maybe be they still got too many of 2006 models unsold? 2006 Outlander Limited with 0% will cost you $39000 CDN. Not exactly free. I might wait for 2-3 months to see the new ones. Maybe a base 2007 model will be cheaper, but with interest rate 5-6% it will cost about same $$$ as 2006 Limited. Here is a link from e-bay. There are lots of pictures, and from what i see 2007 Outlander is a MINIVAN with ugly/cheap plastic interior (just take a look at the door panel)... Maybe I will drive to USA and take it for a test drive to see if it's worth waiting.. Have you tested new 2007 model? Big différence?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsubishi-Outlander-ES-2wd-2007-MITSUBISHI-OUTLA- NDER-graphite-NEW-tiptronic_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6355QQihZ005QQitemZ150056- 275534QQrdZ1
    2007 Outlander IT IS NOT a MINIVAN by any definition. IT IS NOT a TALL WAGON either like 2006 Outlander. IT IS a COMPACT SUV.
    Interior wise, this topic was extensively discussed on this forum - it seems to be on par with RAV4 and CRV. It's adequate for what it is - an entry level compact SUV. If you do not like the interior design, this is a different story.
    I was concerned with the interior quality as well (hard plastic door panels). I had a friend of mine who lives in the States to go check it out until I get to see it myself. He reported back that the interior is nice and it does not feel cheap; he said it is comparable (quality wise) with the 2007 Honda CRV he was considering for himself. This may not tell much, but it is encouraging for me.
    Canadian pricing - I don't know, but I hope the prices will follow the US trend - cheaper than the comparable Toyota RAV4. Financing rate - I hope for a 4.8% for 48 months, top.
    I hope Mitsubishi Canada will make wise decisions to get Canadians behind the wheel of the 2007 Outlander. We'll have to wait and see.
    7 passengers, huge rear :) ... give it up... it's a MINIVAN :mad: ">
    This is SUV / CUV:
    image">
    Well, you can call a motorcycle a Minivan too if you want to. I guess everyone is entitled to his opinion. :shades:
    I respect your "naming convention", but I don't really have anything to give up. I will go with the rest of the world's definition of CUV, SUV and MINIVAN.
    Maybe at least a little bit like a MINIVAN? Eh?
    :confuse: