Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid

Comments

• Options
    gene_vgene_v Member Posts: 235
    Thats $999 under Edmunds Invoice Price.
  • Options
    billyybillyy Member Posts: 11
    I saw this auction about 2 weeks ago. And there also some else dealer posted their new outlander on eBay. But still not trust just by seeing the pictures from web. Better get into the car and try it by yourself. Beside, check carefully those payment detail, dont suggest put down alot down payment/deposit or any fees before you acutally get the car. :surprise:
  • Options
    biscuit_xlsbiscuit_xls Member Posts: 194
    I paid $29,093 for my fully loaded 07 XLS/4WD/Nav/Leather... $500 over dealer invoice, MSRP was $30,615. I might have been able to save a few hundred bucks off that, but they gave me a reasonable trade-in value. The loan is at 3.9% for 48 months through Mitsubishi, no penalty for pre-paying.

The nav models are harder to find in my area (socal) so they aren't discounting them as much as the lower models. Several of the local Mitsu dealerships are owned by the same person, so there isn't an easy way to beat them down on price. I thought the deal was pretty good.
  • Options
    rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    Careful, this XLS is a 2WD. Not a 4WD. I just thought of letting you know that before you buy it.
  • Options
    jdwksujdwksu Member Posts: 27
    Well it is in dallas. not much need for a 4wd down there.
  • Options
    jaclynnjaclynn Member Posts: 6
    Yesterday, got the XLS 4WD, Luxury pkg, Sun & Sound pkg (MSRP $28,815) for $28,000 even. Had a $13,000 trade and financed the remainder at the Mitsubishi special of 4.9 for 60.
  • Options
    rsmumrsmum Member Posts: 2
    I also just bought (Sunday) the XLS fully loaded for $26,699 with 4.9% for 60 months. I think I got a great deal... I have so many toys, I want to keep driving around to call everyone. I love the Bluetooth. My daughter loves the Nav system. And I haven't even blown the speakers out yet! The ride is so smooth, I can't tell if it's on when I'm at a light.

And yes, in Florida, no need for the 4WD either :)
  • Options
    craigm3craigm3 Member Posts: 20
    Wow, sub-27k is a fantastic price! I'm picking up my fully loaded AWD XLS today (hopefully) for $27,792, which I'm more than happy with.

While I'm excited about getting my car, my buying experience hasn't been perfect. At first I wanted a different color, and they ordered me one that they claimed was exactly what I wanted. When I went to pick it up I looked in it, and lo and behold, no NAV. I almost walked out the door, but they offered me a below-invoice price while they searched for the right one. I gave them a couple othe color options that I would accept, and they found one and had it delivered this AM. It's the graphite grey one, and while I originally thought I wanted one with the beige interior, the all black is starting to grow on me. I'll give an update after I pick it up.
  • Options
    dodo2dodo2 Member Posts: 496
    New owners, who recently picked up their Outlanders, what is the manufacturing date on your vehicle?
    The reason I'm asking is to try to figure out if/when the front end knock and mirror rattle have been fixed on the Mitsu's assembly line.
    All the Outlanders I've checked out in Toronto - and I checked out quite a few of them, are manufactured in December 06. The two I drove exhibited both issues.
  • Options
    growwisegrowwise Member Posts: 296
    Mine is unfortunately 06 dec.. But knock on fake laminated wood :surprise: I dont have front end knock. Either that or I am deaf.. Perhaps I jinxed myself already. :cry:

btw, I do have mirror rattle :mad:
  • Options
    jaclynnjaclynn Member Posts: 6
    Picked up mine on Feb 21, but mfr date is November 2006. Definitely has the front end knock, but not the wind noise/mirror rattle. Calls to the Mitsubishi 1-800 number will get you a denial of the front-end knock problem and a scripted, "Should there eventually be a recall on your vehicle you will be refunded for repair costs." I had to laugh at that since I'd only owned my car for one day. Dealership has no record of any service bulletin related to the knock so we are printing out the entire "Mitsubishi Outlander Front End Knock" forum and taking it in with us.
  • Options
    zontarhzontarh Member Posts: 9
    You people are lucky you don't live in the UK! We might get a few more goodies than you guys but $27k is pocket change compared. For our top model we have to pay £24495($48,570) + another £350($687) for the privilege of metallic paint. :mad:
  • Options
    Canada is not far behind from UK. MSRP $33K + $2K (freight+fees+pdi etc) + $5k (15% tax) + $7k (interest 5.8% APR).

Ofcourse you can knock off a grand or two from MSRP and negotiate your trade-in but still I agree. Vehicles are cheap in states.
  • Options
    zontarhzontarh Member Posts: 9
    And to make matters worse for us, we wouldn't even dream of wanting a 3.0 Litre V6. A lot of cars here sell on MPG alone and right now over here the Outlander's 2.0 Litre diesel returning an average 42.8 mpg makes it a magnet to buyers. Fuel here is extortionate, who cares if it takes a decade to reach 60mph lol.
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to add the insurance to this mix. Canadian insurance sucks as well. Add that to the total cost of car ownership and US shines.. Oh well, I got to live with it I guess unless I move stateside. :cry:
  • Options
    But we don't have a Ralliart store here, so we lack all the goodies to dress up our Outlanders. And I wish there is a WRC round here in the US too. I'm dying to see a real WRC rally live. I guess there are plus and minuses to both sides. Pricing is very much a market thing. US is a tough market to break, and you need good pricing here or else you won't sell your product. And in that respect, I think Mitsu hit the sweet spot. My Outlander may not be as advanced as a BMW or a Lexus, but it's got a ton of high tech features for a lot less money. And handling is superb. I really love this SUV. I am so happy that I waited. Got a mix of slush, rain, snow today here in NW IN, and I love every mile I drove. Always squeezing through the maximum of the speed limit (+10mph). :P
  • Options
    carstalkcarstalk Member Posts: 16
    can u list the options on this "fully loaded" AWD XLS? My local dealership has 1 LS AWD with S&S, rear Ent package available, asking ~ $29.5K. I told him I'd not pay that price even for a XLS AWD with options. He wants me to come in to discuss pricing. I'm in northern CA.
  • Options
    craigm3 said he's getting a fully loaded XLS AWD for just 27,792? That's 700$ less than invoice if he meant an XLS 4WD with Navi Leather and Sun and Sound.

That dealer must be in dire need of sales :)
  • Options
    It's an XLS with Luxury, Sun & Sound, and NAV. They were offering a pretty low price anyway ($300 over invoice, around $28,800), but when they messed up my order and I almost walked they cut the price even more.

I think you're smart not to pay $29.5K. Pull up the invoice price and TMV from edmunds and it'll give you a better idea of what you should pay. Good luck!
  • Options
    inventor68inventor68 Member Posts: 6
    I pick up my new Outlander on Wednesday I thought I got a good deal on my new Outlander. I paid 25,000 on a XLS with the sun and sound and luxury package. I have a 93 Camery they gave me 900 for and a owner loyalty that gave me another 500. My Camery isnt worth 3 dollars but they took it any ways. I have never owned a Mitsubishi before but my mother does. So if you subtract my tradein and the owner loyalty the price of the vehicle is 26,400 thats including the destination charge. I thought that is a good deal since the invoice price was 26,985.
  • Options
    luvmycartooluvmycartoo Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased my AWD XLS on Wednesday for $28,100 in N.Cal. Black on Black with Luxury, S&S, Navigation and Accessory Protection. :) I'd definitely call around to other dealerships and see what they have on the lot. Although it took over a week to negotiate I'm happy with the deal. I would not go into the dealership until you have settled on a price. After driving it home, I'm loving my decision to buy this car.
  • Options
    What was the MSRP on your Outlander? Seems like your price of $28,100 should be about $400 under dealer invoice. What was your technique to get that price?
  • Options
    carstalkcarstalk Member Posts: 16
    wow... that's a great price. Can you disclose dealership name on this forum? I'm in Silicon Valley area, and there's another dealership with about 30 cars in their inventory listed on their website. I'll call them this week to talk.
  • Options
    colonel717colonel717 Member Posts: 20
    Has anyone gotten invoice pricing before rebates at a WPA dealership? Also, can they give you owner loyalty or other rebates/incentives even if you don't "technically" qualify?
  • Options
    I was told the Owner Loyalty rebate requires that the vehicles are registered to the same physical address to qualify.
  • Options
    colonel717colonel717 Member Posts: 20
    Thanks. I am trying to get them to match or come very close to a price quote I have on a Santa Fe Limited. They are $100 apart on MSRP, but 2K off on price. $24,987 for Santa Fe and $26,980 on Outlander XLS. I have $1500 in rebates included on my Santa Fe price. So seeing how lenient they could be in offering their rebates. Tomorrow starts new month so maybe they will have rebates that I can use. I totaled my vehicle so I need one ASAP, and leaning towards Santa Fe with that $2k price difference.
  • Options
    leccolecco Member Posts: 7
    I have the brochure but it looks like the rear entertainment on XLS is not an option. However at the website's "build and price" I was able to check that option. Can you guys be more specific when you say everything? Thanks!
  • Options
    For the XLS, when you say it comes fully loaded, it would basically mean a 4WD XLS with all 3 factory options in (Navi, Leather,Sun&Sound). RSE is not a factory option for XLS, but rather as an accessory, which means that the vehicle you buy might have it but the factory didn't install it but rather the dealer.
  • Options
    rdenisrdenis Member Posts: 9
    Just picked up my new Outlander XLS in deep metallic blue yesterday from new Mits dealer in lower mainland - outstanding sales and service - paid $36,498 CDN. Canadian version includes US lux package, sun and sound package, etc., but no HIDS.
  • Options
    smlpkg611smlpkg611 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for the response. My local dealer could only suggest that I could get a hitch-mounted rack for our skis. I contacted Thule and the response I got was that they don't have a solution for this vehicle yet. Although, they have crossbars that hook onto the rails, one would think they would know which vehicles it fits onto.

A solution might help me make up my mind about whether to buy this or not. Our skis don't fit inside straight due to the flip up seats. I'd rather reserve the inside room for people and luggage, etc. :confuse:
  • Options
    Thule has crossbars and ski racks for the 07 Outlander listed on their web site.
  • Options
    I sent Thule a detailed email and included info about the Outlander having rails but no crossbars. They said they didn't have a solution for this vehicle yet. I saw that there were some standard crossbars that afix to roof rails but it gives no dimensions.
  • Options
    The Mitsubishi site in Italy shows OEM roof racks...

http://www.outlander.it/index.jsp

• Options
    jfortneyjfortney Member Posts: 5
    The Yakima web-site does not yet have the 07 Outlander listed on its fit guide utility.

However, based on advice from an EMS technician, I just successfully installed Yakima Lowrider mounts, 48" cross bars, and a 32" fairing on my 07 Outlander. Installation was easy. Wind noise without the fairing at 60 MPH was very noticeable (but the fairing virtually eliminated it). :)
  • Options
    Saw a vehicle today with the Desert Sand Beige. It came into the dealer Friday and it sold the same day. It is a very light almost golden color and has the metallic flake. I can get a base XLS for $23,300. About $381 over invoice.
    I'm still debating the S&S and the luxury package. Can anyone talk me into the two packages? The only thing I want is the power seat, but I have to take both packages to get it. Is it worth it?
  • Options
    solowalkersolowalker Member Posts: 118
    I would buy the base XLS and then have a leather power drivers seat installed later...Maybe do a swap with the dealer or buy the power seat aftermarket...The wires are already there....
  • Options
    Aftermarket power seat? Can you point me in the right direction? TIA
  • Options
    solowalkersolowalker Member Posts: 118
    It may be awhile before an aftermarket power seat will be available....so, what I would do is to use the power driver seat as a negotiating tool.
    Don't accept the deal until you have it in writing to have a power driver seat installed...The Dealer could swap one out of a demo or He may have one in the Parts dept.
  • Options
    michaelj3michaelj3 Member Posts: 6
    Picked up a XLS Sat night, Sun/Sound, Nav, Luxury, 4wd. $300 UNDER invoice for one off the lot, they sell at invoice for anything they have to bring in from another dealer.

http://www.jeffdambrosio.com/ Did it all over the phone as they are 50 miles away, drove in to sign papers, painless.

Went that far because local guy gave me a number of 3k OVER MSRP! Then discounted that down 1k as his "sale" price. Just like the "old" days.
  • Options
    Do you have a picture of how the roof rack looks? And, pardon my ignorance, what is "fairing"?

I also got a replay from www.rackattack.com :

Thule has a fit for the 07 Outlander, for this you will need the Thule 450 crossroad towers, 50" Load Bars, and 4 Locks. Once you have the crossbars, any of the Thule ski racks will work for you.
    Thanks,
    Rack Attack
  • Options
    jfortneyjfortney Member Posts: 5
    I don't have a picture, but you can see it at the EMS website: http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_detail_square.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=8455244- 42175329&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574489160456&bmUID=1173192879537

The fairing is the wind deflector that snaps onto the front crossbar. You can see one at:
    http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_detail_square.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=8455244- 42093569&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574489160473&bmUID=1173193069730

For what it is worth, the EMS technician recommended the Yakima roofrack over the Thule roofrack, but the Thule cargo box over the Yakima cargo box. I got the Thule Atlantis 1600. You can see the cargo box at:
    http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_detail_square.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=8455244- 42586710&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574489160476&bmUID=1173193207020

Best of luck.
  • Options
    Is there any reason why he preferred Yakima over the Thule roof rack/fairing? Pricing is about the same. IMO, the thule 450 looks more ergonomic.
  • Options
    I gave up on that. Went ahead and got the Lux and S&S package. The Beige cloth seemed like it might be difficult to keep clean.
    Closed deal at $600 over invoice, $1175 under MSRP. They located a Desert Sand Beige in transit and can divert it . Will have in ~ 10 days.
  • Options
    What about the Thule 450R with the aluminum crossbars? IMO those would look better, at least with the silver XLS rack.
  • Options
    I like the Thule 450R better too.
  • Options
    I think this is the Canadian Thule site, but if you "Rack Your Car" you can see what options are available.

http://www.thuleracks.com/thulecan/fg_vehicle.asp
  • Options
    luvmycartooluvmycartoo Member Posts: 2
    I'm also in the Silicon Valley area and bought my car from Concord Mitsubishi. Both dealerships in San Jose (Stevens Creek Mitsu & Capitol Mitsu) are owned by the same company, and neither were willing to make any deals close to invoice when I was purchasing. I submitted online requests to all of the Nor. Cal dealerships with what I was looking for and then chose to negotiate with two of them based on their responses.
    To answer the previous question - MSRP $31,375 on the sticker, paid $28,182.00 before adding a few accessories. Good luck.
  • Options
    What made the sticker so high? Rear entertainment DVD?
  • Options
    bearishly4ubearishly4u Member Posts: 38
    Never have I had a better experience than purchasing from Lynchburg Mitsu in VA. I bought it and traded over the phone...they even drove it almost 3 hours to deliver it to me.

Now if I could only get my trade paid off! It's been almost a month since I traded and it's still not paid off.