Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid

Comments

• Options
    rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    Suppose to be just 500miles (805km), but I didn't saw mileage improvemnt until I was about to hit 3000mi, maybe because I didn't had the chance to really drive the car on long travels. The same route to work, i'd get 17-18mpg for the one way trip. Now I'm about to hit 3000mi, and it's warmer in spring, i'm getting 22-24 on the same route.
  • Options
    dodo2dodo2 Member Posts: 496
    Thanks. When is the first recommended oil change? For Mazda was at 4000 km.
  • Options
    billyybillyy Member Posts: 11
    Congratuation!!!dodo2. Finally you got your Outlander. waiting for your new pics. Actually I am thinking to get my one soon too, same as you LS 4WD. But still fighting the price with dealer. I will appreciate if you give me a idea tht how much you actually paid. Here is my mailbox: sharkmanforever@yahoo.ca Thanks alot
  • Options
    Well, here in NW IN, we are under severe schedule, so first oil change is due at 3000, then every 3000 mi after that. I'm looking forward to the first oil change, and see how it impacts the mileage after.

Maintenance schedule for the US Outlander here (probably same recommendations in CA): http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/owners/service.do
  • Options
    carstalkcarstalk Member Posts: 16
    Just bought my base XLS 4WD Desert Sand with beige interior today. Got initial quote over internet and locked in at $23,300 +tax + license over the phone. It's a beautiful color inside out. My wife drove the kids home (50 miles trip) in the new car, and everyone loved the ride. I'm happy with the decision after a long research & followed all the helpful tips from this forum. Will try to take some pixs and post this wkend.
  • Options
    Good deal. Looking forward to the pictures. Congrats on your purchase :)
  • Options
    trick18trick18 Member Posts: 5
    After emailing several dealers and stopping at 3 of them, I finally got my XLS 4wd with Luxury and sun and sound. It Gray with Black leather. I got them down to $26,500 before tax and tag. I love it so far.
  • Options
    ittylaittyla Member Posts: 2
    I brought home my Outlander XLS Saturday evening from Lewisville Mitsubishi with only 10 miles on it. I got the black exterior and beige leather interior. It also came with the navi and sun & sound package on it. I traded in my Mitsubishi Diamante and they gave me a far better price for trade-in than anyone else. I got $500 off for owner loyalty and another $500 from Mitsu for graduating from college this year. We got 4.9% financing for 60 months and payments will be $329. It comes out to something like $24,500 + TTL for it and we only financed $17,400.
    If you're in the North Texas area and Lewisville doesn't have what you want, try Huggins Mitsubishi in North Richland Hills. They were awesome to work with and almost got down close enough to our price but they're a smaller dealership so they didn't quite have the same edge as Lewisville. Huggins was more personable and really went out of their way to earn our business. Either way, we were treated great at both places and I can recommend both dealerships. :D
  • Options
    gary154gary154 Member Posts: 5
    Help!! I want to purchase an '07 Outlander XLS-AWD with the Sun and Sound Package and Luxury Package. The sticker price on the truck is $28,815. How much above or hopefully below invoice should I be able to buy the truck for? I will be putting down $5,000 with no trade in and taking advantage of the current 4.9% APR for 60 months. Since I also own an awesome '04 Galant GTS. I'll be getting $500 in customer loyalty. My credit is excellent. Not that it matters, I want the black exterior and beige leather interior. Or do I want the red exterior and black leather interior??? That red one is sharp.
  • Options
    gene_vgene_v Member Posts: 235
    Your invoice is $26,985. $1830 below MSRP.
    I paid $600 over invoice on an XLS with the same packages.
    Some here claim to be buying at invoice.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    chelentanochelentano Member Posts: 634
    got a quote from dealer for XLS 2wd $22480 incluzive destination which is 600-700 below invoice. Too good to be true?
  • Options
    solowalkersolowalker Member Posts: 118
    The dealer is getting incentives from Mitsu. Corp. It's a good deal...Get the 4WD option though...It's awesome..
  • Options
    Yes, it was in fact real price. Signed the deal at $22,420 for XLS 2wd, but they did not have my color beige interior/exterior, so I had go with upgrades.

Picking up tomorrow XLS 4WD with Luxury and SunandSound packages for $26,515. Good deal I suppose since it's almost 2K below invoice: $27,979 though some people reported here even better deals. Similary equiped Lexus 350 still with no FastKey and Paddle Shifters would cost about $42K. They also giving me good price for my tradein Camry 2004 XLE $14,500.
  • Options
    lad578lad578 Member Posts: 10
    Hmm...looking at the invoice price for XLS 4WD with Luxury & SS package is about $26,985 on Edmunds TMV. Not the best deal but not 2K below invoice either...unless you forgot to mention that you also have the Nav included. No need to feel bad about your deal though, it's a hit car and there is always someone out there with a better deal :)
  • Options
    u r right, the $27,979 is a True Marker Value, not ivoice, my mistake... so deal not as great but OK.
  • Options
    mmazmmaz Member Posts: 3
    Have you posted pics yet? Id love to see that color, havent seen it at all yet besides the website.
  • Options
    Got busy with tax returns, so didn't have a chance to post yet. Can someone post instructions to attach pictures to reply?
  • Options
    jensenloverjensenlover Member Posts: 1
    My wife made the choice of an Outlander 6 months ago. We have been waiting 6 months for a delivery of our Outlander. The vehicle is great. The dealers and company are horrible. They do not care about their customers. Does anyone know why they are not making these and importing them to the US? Has anyone else ordered a particular color/option package and had to wait SIX months, with still no word when what we ordered may be delivered?

Sorry to rant but our trade has lost over $4000 while we waited.
  • Options
    View pictures at link below:

http://www.carspace.com/carstalk/Albums/DS_Outlander/

The weather was overcast, so color might not come out right. This color doesn't have the gold tint, but rather a nice light metalic olive tone to it. I'll take some more pictures when we see the sun in northern CA :=D
  • Options
    The dealers and company are horrible. They do not care about their customers
    I can agree the dealers can be horrible, but regarding the company, I don't agree at all. Mitsubishi has been good to me as a customer, and I can vouch they have been too for some other members in this forum. When you "special order" an imported vehicle, you're bound to wait, especially at this point when the Outlander is selling well, the delay could get longer.

What trim of the Outlander did you order and what options did you wanted on it?

Does anyone know why they are not making these and importing them to the US?

Because it would be cost-effective for them to build it in Japan where the facilities and OEM suppliers are all setup, building the vehicles in an efficient, cost-effective way. Why would they build a vehicle here in the US when the Outlander is made up of 100% Japanese parts?
  • Options
    gene_vgene_v Member Posts: 235
    I have the Desert Sand Beige also and the color changes with the light. In bright sun its looks golden as it brings out the metallic more. On cloudy days its looks olive.
  • Options
    mmazmmaz Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, looks good. I think Ive settled on the Outlander but Im real confused about color. I think the black looks great but Im not too keen on getting a black car. Probably going to be between the desert sand, silver and gray.
  • Options
    biscuit_xlsbiscuit_xls Member Posts: 194
    Looks nice!
  • Options
    growwisegrowwise Member Posts: 296
    How did you lose the trade value if you locked your price in? That's terrible.

I understand your frustration though. I have been waiting for my all weather mats for more than 2 months. Not a peep from dealer.
  • Options
    needforspeed29needforspeed29 Member Posts: 13
    I was just given a internet quote for a XLS (4WD) with Navi, sun and sound, and luxury package at $28,560. Is this a good price?
  • Options
    "I have been waiting for my all weather mats for more than 2 months. Not a peep from dealer."

Growwise, is this because the OEM all weather mats are not available yet? I called almost any dealer in Toronto asking if they are available and they all said NO.
    Please post an update when/IF you get them.
  • Options
    No, i think the fair price is 27.5K. Read posts back, some people got it even for less
  • Options
    needforspeed29needforspeed29 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks a lot. Yeah they are telling me 28K, minus the $500 loyalty, which would bring me to 27.5K, before taxes and other fees. I guess I should shoot for 27K, minus the 500 rebate. This maybe steep at this point in time, so I will see how far I get.
  • Options
    scottb1966scottb1966 Member Posts: 1
    I paid 28K (plus tag and tax) and walked out with one, here in Maryland about 1 month ago. :shades:
  • Options
    Walked out with one... what? 2WD, 4WD, Nav etc?
  • Options
    rmj1rmj1 Member Posts: 9
    dodo2 can you tell me what the invoice price was for your LS?
    I am just getting my facts together so that I can go and whittle a deal here in B.C. I am hoping to buy an LS with the convenience package. The msrp is $29,530 CDN or so.
    I hate dealing with car dealers, it will be good to be well armed when I do go in.
    I have never owned a new vehicle before so I am pretty pumped. :):)
  • Options
    yebayeba Member Posts: 3
    I am in the same boat, I have been waiting for 3 months. Is the demand really that high the Mitsu cant keep up?
  • Options
    Invoice Retail
    Outlander LS 2WD 23618 25498
    Outlander LS 4WD 24964 26998
    Convenience Pkg 1100 1250
    Sun & Sound 1716 1950

Outlander XLS 30350 32998
    Navigation & Ent 3520 4000

Destination Charge 1345 1345
  • Options
    jflorjflor Member Posts: 20
    Probably so. Sales have gone up for Mitsubishi, 19.6% for January to April, 2007. Canadian sales for April 2007 is 91.1% compared to the same period in 2006 due to strong demand for the new Outlander. Things are really looking bright for the company.

http://www.autonorth.ca/home/2007/5/2/canadian-auto-market-up-9-in-april.html
  • Options
    rmj1rmj1 Member Posts: 9
    This is another thing that has been worrying me about buying an Outlander, is that the company won't be around for a really long time. I intend to keep the car till it rusts into the ground. I have looked at the others al well but I like the Outlander the most. Sounds like they are doing much better.
  • Options
    jflorjflor Member Posts: 20
    By buying the Outlander, you will help the company stay in business and will definitely help us current Mitsubishi vehicle owners by getting warranty repairs if needed. But this has not happened in our case. Our 2003 Outlander has exceeded our expectations by being worry-free throughout the time since we bought it. The same is true for our 2004 Galant. It has been years since they have predicted that this car company would cease operations here but slowly and surely Mitsubishi has disappointed the doomsayers. So if you really like the new Outlander, you might as well buy it. From what i have been reading in this forums, most owners have been enjoying their rides!
  • Options
    doggie1doggie1 Member Posts: 1
    Btw for the Destination Charge 1345 1345 is that include PDI? coz i saw other brand (mazda, toyota, nissan) the pdi goes with freght and is around 1300~1400, but when i try to buy outlander from dealer they charge 1345 freght + 395 PDI and some dealer even chare 595 on top of the freght. Does this extra on pdi are rip off from dealer or it is supose to charge separely?
  • Options
    toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    Looking at a LS 4wd with the Sun and Sound pkg. in pearl white. 25,200 plus tax and license. They are also offering a generous trade for our old van. We are trying to decide now between the Mitsu or a Ford Edge.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
  • Options
    The PDI is the dealer rip off. It's easy to take it off, at least I did it no problem. Indeed, other brands charge Freight+PDI, but it's usually slightly higher and I would say less negotiable (Santa Fe - $1,595, RAV4-$1,390, CRV-$1,505) .
  • Options
    I imagine you gonna get beige lether interior over blck. What attracts you in Edge?
  • Options
    Truthfully my wife likes the Edge better. Exterior styling, (Looks much better in person than in pictures) and the interior feels roomier and more open. I'm leaning toward the Outlander. For less money it has AWD, 650 watt stereo, better stying (to me) and more features than the SE Edge we looked at. Plus the dealer can find a Pearl White wih the sun and sound. Has the sunroof and color she wants. Gonna talk to the dealer again today. Still trying to squeeze a little more out of the trade.
  • Options
    spaceman210spaceman210 Member Posts: 50
    Anaheim Mitsubishi tries to tack on about $800-3500 extra profit. What a joke. No wonder there are always a ton on the lot and none on the road here.
  • Options
    Signed the papers this morning. Pick it up Tuesday. They gave us an Endeavor to drive untill it arrives.( It's actually at another dealer 150 miles away.) Can't wait!
  • Options
    You forgot to mention: much better warranty, free roadside assistance for 5 y., made entirely in Japan! And yes, AWD would add more safety.

Congrats!
  • Options
    Thanks!!!
  • Options
    In OC you can search craigslist for "2007 Outlander" and you will usually find great internet pricing from South Coast Mitsubishi. $27999 for an XLS 4WD, sun & sound, Nav, leather. You have to bring the ad into the dealer to get that price.
  • Options
    I've seen a few posts here about them being marked up or hard to find. Looking around at the dealers here (Milwaukee area), they seem to be plentiful and could find us whatever we wanted. They had a long row of them sitting on the lot, also. There's no way i'd pay ADM or list,even. Too much competition out there.
  • Options
    qqt414qqt414 Member Posts: 6
    Hey everyone i am a first time buyer of an automobile. I have helped friends and family buy cars, but this is the first time i am buying one for myself. I am looking to get a fully loaded XLS 4wd outlander minus the rear seat entertainment probably in black or graphite grey.
    Now i read the entire thread on people's buying experience and saw that people were getting 500 under invoice and heck a few got it for 26,990 for a fully loaded XLS. That's 1500 under invoice!!How did u guys do it?
    i know you send for quotes with all the nearby dealership, but do u start negotiating from their quotes or do you plop down a price (say 27,000) and tell them to start from there. How do u get them in a bidding war? do u need like on paper proof of an other dealers price to get the dealership ur at to budge? Does it really count to wait to the end of the month to get a deal? What prices did dealerships initialy throw at you and what prices did u start to negotiate for?

Any help would be great guys as i was looking to spend 27,500 for a full loaded xls before taxes and stuff.
  • Options
    Search your local craigslist, my local dealer has offers for $500 under invoice if you print the post and bring it in.
  • Options
    Make sure 27,000 it's a price people paid without discount, cose sometimes "customer loyalty" discount, or "1st year college student" discount also applied for some people. But I'd say $27,500 is a realistic price.

Call and tell them, that a person you know (in another town) paid $27,000 and ask, if they can sell you for this price. If necessary, let them know that you are aware of dealer incentives as a reason people buy Outlander below invoice. If you feel the dealer is flexible in price, negotiate to the acceptable price. If not, call another dealer. But even if you offered say 27.5K, before you go to dealership, call all other dealers and ask, if they can do better.

Pls let us know, the results