Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Land Rover Discovery Real World MPG

tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
edited March 2014 in Land Rover

Comments

• Options
    tsuami1tsuami1 Member Posts: 5
    Well maintained '99 w/ 113,000 miles. I just got 10 mpg all around town. Am I heavy footed? I do like to get it into the higher RPM's every now and then. Do Discoverys really like to drink gas when you do that? 10 MPG seems pretty low.
  • Options
    channyboichannyboi Member Posts: 3
    I get about 12 miles a gallon with my 95 Discovery. 10MPG doesn't sound that bad considering the average MPG is about 13.
  • Options
    rct56rct56 Member Posts: 1
    Recently purchased a 99 DII with 77K. On a recent highway trip I got 17.8 MPG. Around town I've been getting 12.3 to 12.8. I'm soft on the gas pedal. On the highway trip I think I had all the tires around 35 MPG. I've since put them to factory specs, 28 PSI in front, 38 PSI in back. We'll see how that affects MPG.
  • Options
    rovernutrovernut Member Posts: 2
    My o4 disco with 4.6 gets 12mpg in the city, (which I don't frequent) to 16mpg on the highwway. I usually travel at 65 mph, because these arn't sports cars. out in the boonies, I can go all day long, comming back well after dark with 1/4 tank of gas still left. Can't beat that.. :shades:
This discussion has been closed.