Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Odyssey Warranty Problems

jmoss1jmoss1 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Honda
I read this on consumer guides. Can anyone verify if this is true or requires purchase?

Automatic transmission problems prompted Honda to extend powertrain warranty coverage to 7 years/100,000 miles.

Comments

• Options
    blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    Check the Honda Class Action Settlement website.

You can try your VIN# to see if you qualify.

link title
  • Options
    sonicwsonicw Member Posts: 6
    I just bought an Odyssey that was 14 months used by prior (original) owner. I took out the 7 year/100,000 mile "Honda Certified Odyssey" warranty.

What surprised me was the effective date. I find it stated, "This warranty begins on the date the vehicle is delivered to the first purchaser by a Honda dealer."

So, I am effectively buying only a 5.8 year/100,000 mile warranty? Does this seem fair? I am being asked to re-purchase a warranty that had already been owned by the first (original) owner?

What am I missing? Is this standard operating practice for auto manufacturers?

Has anyone else questioned the logic in buying use vehicle warranty from Honda? :confuse:
  • Options
    jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    So, I am effectively buying only a 5.8 year/100,000 mile warranty?

Well, effectively you are getting less than that. If the Ody comes with a 3 yr/36k mile manufacturers warranty, you are effectively only getting 4.0 more years.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
This discussion has been closed.