Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda CX-7 Interior Room

budhbudh Member Posts: 109
edited March 2014 in Mazda
I am giving the CX-7 (Grand Touring) some serious consideration, but with a moonroof installed, I need about 3/4 inch or so more headroom to keep my head from not hitting the left edge of the moonroof opening when the liner is pushed back.

Of course, getting a CX-7 GT without a moonroof takes away all sorts of option possibilities.

What other vehicles besides the CX-7 would give you all of the following?

1. Good headroom
2. AWD/ABS/stability control
3. Averaging 20+ mpg (or at least close)
4. Decent legroom
5. Some style and luxury

Any vehicle out there meeting the above requirements? (Cost is not that much of a deterrent, "within reason".)

Bud H

Comments

• Options
    vbbuiltvbbuilt Member Posts: 498
    How tall are you? I'm 6'4" and have the moonroof. I have adequate leg room and there's about about an inch to spare above my head.

Vince.
  • Options
    I'm 6'3" with a 32 inch inseam. So most of my height is in my torso.

If the left side of the moonroof opening wasn't directly above the driver's head, but instead was just a few inches to the left, it would make a big difference. (That is how my 2002 Highlander is set up with a moonroof - otherwise it might have been a problem in that vehicle.)

I'm used to sitting fairly upright which compounds the issue. Perhaps rotation of the seat for more thigh support would also help the headroom issue......
  • Options
    nmknmk Member Posts: 111
    Spend some more time with the seat adjustment.
    I too have at least an inch to spare from the top of my balding pate to the lining of the moonroof. :shades:
  • Options
    erhayeserhayes Member Posts: 10
    I too want a moonroof but, am questioning only an inch above my head for safety reasons. One inch is really not much room if even a small fender bender accident. I am so used to my Subaru Forester with 2&1/2-3 inches that I wonder if I'd get used to only 1 inch.
  • Options
    Did you have that much headroom in a Subaru Forester (2 1/2 to 3 inches) and also have a moonroof in that vehicle? Or is that with no moonroof in the Forester?

That is about how much headroom I have in my Toyota Matrix - which was special ordered WITHOUT a moonroof.

Bud H
This discussion has been closed.