Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Power Window Problems

2»

Comments

• sanibelschulzsanibelschulz Member Posts: 2
    About a year ago I had a new motor put in my driver’s door for the window. A few weeks back my gas gauge started not working and then my lights will not go on, my tail light have gone off, and the speedometer does not work. Now my driver’s side window goes down on its own the motor kicks in and window winds itself down. It takes a few minutes and then I can wind it back up and then a few minutes later it goes down again. I was reading on line and apparently this is a problem with the trail blazer. The VIN number of the car is 1gndt135842447625 2004 Chevy trail blazer 6 cylinder with the tow package. There is 175,000 miles on the car and we have kept it in very good condition. I thought there was a recall on this but it looks like it is only the 2006, that does not seem right and this could be a dangerous situation an accident waiting to happen
  • shoobyshooby Member Posts: 4
    We all work hard for our money! These companies need to respect that and deliver quality products at fair prices! Not GM!! They have no respect for their customers! I got so sick of my trailblazer and Chevy in general, I got rid of the thing. Biggest P.O.S. I've ever owned. My master power window module cost a few 100 bucks. Now GM has a recall?? I asked for a refund and they refused! POOR Customer service GM! NEVER AGAIN will I buy substandard vehicles from a greedy low quality company! Same with my fuel gauge sending unit. I replaced it myself again a few hundred bucks..., months later they admitted to a problem and offered all owners to pay for half the repair if you took it to a Chevy Dealer. I asked for a refund or to pay my half. Again they refused! Over a couple hundred dollars, they lost countless thousands! I'll never Buy GM again nor will anyone in my family and everyone I can convince! I'm on a mission! LOL Love my NEW Acura! Now that's quality! Amazing car!
  • kdeverettkdeverett Member Posts: 1
    My passenger window barely made it up this week, my driver side window is slow and makes a noise going up....my CD player won't eject CD's...all this in the last month.
    Is there a recall on the power window issue?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    If you would like for us to check to see if there are any open recalls on your Trailblazer, kdeverett, we'd be happy to do so. Please email your request , along with the last 8 digits of your VIN, to socialmedia@gm.com

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • kcwvkcwv Member Posts: 2
    I had a 2006 Trailblazer up until yesterday. It caught fire on my way to a Toyota dealership to trade it in. I am completely fed up with Chevy cars. I also had a 2007 Impala SS that went along with the trade. The cars transmission kept acting up and all kinds of stuff replaced, yet it still doesn't run right. Then the Trailblazer catching fire and having every problem known to man. I told my husband I want to try Toyota. I am really surprised that Toyota even gave us anything for the trade on the two POS cars. I have never in my life had two cars with so many problems. Luckily nobody was hurt when it caught fire. My husband and kids were in the vehicle and my youngest one was in the front and tried to jump out of the car. Luckily they were on a rural road and my husband slammed on the brakes before my son got out of the car. Thanks Chevy, but I am done with your junk.
  • shoobyshooby Member Posts: 4
    AMEN! KCWV! I'm with ya! My TrailBlazer was last GM POS I'll ever own! And their corporate responses to me were a joke. Very obvious they didn't care about me as a customer or the safety of me and my kids! I share my stories with everyone! Spread the word! Loving my Acura! It's like night and day! :shades:
  • kcwvkcwv Member Posts: 2
    The funny thing is that I received a recall notice in October, but the recall says parts are currently unavailable. Really? They cannot fix the cars they make?
  • frustrated61frustrated61 Member Posts: 3
    I never got a recall notice - hmmmmmmmm
    If you would like for us to check your vehicle's information for any open recalls, frustrated61, please send your request and the last 8 digits of your VIN to socialmedia@gm.com

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • niceecarolinaniceecarolina Member Posts: 1
    Good news all. There has been a RECALL NOTICE on the Driver's Side Window Switch. Vehicles in states using Road Salt and other chemiclas for ice/snow control are being recalled. In other states, if vheilces have ever experienced issues where the switches may function uncommanded, intermittently or become inoperative or you may notice an odor or overheated/hot switches, take the vehicle to your nearest Chevrolet GM dealer and have them inspect/confirm and repair the vehicle for free.

I received a recall notice in January, 2013. I own a 2007 Chevy Trailblazer and have had all the same issues, my gas gauge went out, and, had that replaced, September (2011) my driver side window switch went out, now my passengar side window switch is out and my fan switch will not work on Level 4. Just spent $170 to repair the fan switch, drove away from dealership and, guess what, it went out again. Needless to say I've called the dealer back and they told me to bring it back in. My dad thinks it is the wiring harness in the fan that needs to be replaced b/c he had to replace his on his Chevy Truck.

Hope this info helps!!!
  • midgeg76midgeg76 Member Posts: 1
    WOW! It is so interesting to see that everyone has has the same problems I have had. I have a 2007 Trailblazer SS. I purchased it brand new in April 2007. The driver's side power window motor has been replaced 3 times and the passenger (front) is ready to go out. I am on my 3rd battery and now the headlights turn off while driving at night and won't work for a couple of days. Any and all repairs have taken place at the Chevrolet Dealer where I purchased the vehicle. At this point I am so ready to get rid of this vehicle. I am ready to move away from GM cars and on to Nissan. I have heard great things about how long a Nissan lasts with no problems. Will never buy GM again!
    It truly saddens us to hear you're thinking of moving away from GM vehicles, midgeg76. Please know we're here to help if necessary. We're available via private message.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care