Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy TrailBlazer Headlight Questions

uwbadgersuwbadgers Member Posts: 1
edited March 2017 in Chevrolet
I just encountered a new problem. My blinkers work fine until I apply the brakes, then they freeze up. Also, when I turn on the blinkers my cruise control disengages. Does anyone have any clue of what causes this? Thanks. By the way this is on a 2005 Trailblazer.

Comments

• cy_ccy_c Member Posts: 5
    Hello All,

I own a 02 Chevy Trailblazer and would like to change the (low-beam) headlights my self if that is possible. Can someone give me instructions - the headlight connection doesn't resemble what I'm used to (twist and pull)...Matter of fact - I can't see how I can remove these from the back.... Thank you all in advance for your assist....
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Thanks... tried that one though.... guess no one changes their own headlights...
    Guess you'll have to check your owner's manual if you have one; or ask the folks at the local parts counter to show you.

I had to replace my tail light bulb in my van twice in the last year, about 8 months apart. I had to look in the manual both times to figure out how to reach the socket; it's sure not intuitive.

Steve, Host
    You got that one right.... maybe I can "inquire" at the local Chevy shop... this adventure all started with a blown bulb and my need to experiment with the Silverstar... I figured I'd try it out for the 2-4 months it will last to see if it's worth the 40 bucks... But of course you know, you don't change one... you change two... The plastic trim is removable... then there's the battery on one side and something else on the other... and access to the bulbs seems to be covered by some kind of plastic cup... yup... a real head scratcher...
  • burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    Changing the headlights has been discussed many times in the past in the triplett forum. Try doing a search to see if you can find the posts. Otherwise you can email me and I'll help you out.
    Hey...Thanks for the assist.... I will check the forum out first so I don't get repetitive... if not - I'll be back to pick yer brains....
  • imjimj Member Posts: 2
    I have owned a 2002 Trailblazer for one year now and I have had continuous problems with my headlights on low beam. I have replaced both headlights at least twice. My husband figured out that we weren't burning out headlights but the connection plug was getting too hot. He has now replaced the connection twice on both the passenger and driver side. It seems that both lights work for a couple of days and then I lose one. I don't have a problem after one of the low beam lights goes out and my high beams work fine. Of course this causes the day running lights to not work properly also. Something is causing those connections to get hot but my husband has not been able to figure out what. Has anyone else had problems with keeping the headlights working on their Trailblazer?
  • bespinbespin Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Yes I have a 2002 Trailblazer and have experienced problems with the low beams. About two months ago I had to replace the driver side socket because the plastic melted. And now my passenger side low beam doesn't work. I am running into the same trouble as cy c in that I tried replacing the bulb but can't reach the back cover because there is a huge black box in the way. :(

And, the owner's manual only addresses how to change tail lights. I haven't found anything that speaks to changing high or low beams.
  • bigbassguy1bigbassguy1 Member Posts: 10
    in order to take the headlight fixture out of my 02 TB I had to take the grill off. Its pretty easy, just carefully unsnap the fixture by pulling slowly and using a screw driver to release the clips all the way across the grill. I believe there about 6 of them.

Once the grille comes off (1 piece) right above the headlight are two lever-type snaps. use a screwdriver and lift up on both of them until they snap upward. Once these are lifted, the light comes out. Behind the light there are two rubber canister looking covers. Pop the appropriate cover off (low or high beam) then a quarter turn should release the bulb from the fixture.
    NOTE, you may have to undo the wire connections simply by separating them at the connectors.

Install new bulb (remember not to touch the bulb with fingers), tighten into fixture with 1/4 turn, re-connect wire harness, put rubber seal back on, snap light back in, and snap grill in too.

Its pretty easy to do, and I would recommend replacing both sides at the same time while everything is apart.

Email me if you have further questions.
  • aquabachaquabach Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have a 2005 Trailblazer. I bought new upgraded bulbs for the headlights but can't figure out how to change them. It is not addressed in the owners manual.
    I tried what some one else posted for their 2002 but the 05 seems different.
    The grill came off very easily but instead of 2 metal snaps holding the light assembly there are many plastic ones. I've tried gently prying them out but they break everytime so I'm guessing there must be another way. I can't believe it's easier to change the grill than the bulbs!
    Any ideas?
  • burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    The plastic ones are to hold the lens on the assembly, leave those alone. Look further back on the assembly on the left up under the fender and on the right pretty much in plain view, unless there's been some change for 05, but I doubt it.
    There not really snaps but are sliding clips that move up and down, with some force required.
  • gmoudygmoudy Member Posts: 67
    I own a 2002 TB and had to replace the low beams a couple of years ago. I did not have to remove the grill. I took off the radiator cover and had plenty of room to get my hand in to 1/4 turn the bulb fixture out. When I first looked at the front end, I also thought I would have to remove the front grill. I found out I didn't have to.
  • stump3stump3 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2002 Trailblazer. To gain great access to the lamps on the passenger side remove the large black air cleaner cover which is held on by three screws. Once removed you can also remove the air cleaner. Remove the round rubber covers by lightly twisting the edge of the rubber with a flat srewdriver.You will see the lamps.The clip attached to wires that is inserted into the lamp can be loosened and pulled out before twisting the lamp counter clockwise to remove.
    I only replaced the passenger side lamp. It looks like you can gain the same access on the driver side by removing the battery case and battery.
  • jmaherjmaher Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2003 Trailblazer that I have been very happy with, only minor problems when we first got it but nothing since then. My passenger headlamp just went out so I ran to the autoparts store to get a replacement. THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!! Why would any engineer design a headlamp assembly that is so hard to remove? I also have a 2005 Malibu that has two bolts on top that simply unscrew and you're in. This is crazy. But, everyone here thanks for the tips because I couldn't figure it out myself (the manual says "see your Chevrolet dealer"). Yeah right, like I'm going to take it to the dealer to change a bulb.
  • soonerdeansoonerdean Member Posts: 1
    My low beam headlights just quit working. The high beams work. I have changed the bulbs and checked the fuses as well as the relay switch. What do I do now? Thanks in advance for any help.
  • jwbakerjwbaker Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the help and advice. I also read "see dealer" regarding front headlights and became discouraged. Once again my manual will provide page after page on programming my radio, but will not ultimately impart any real knowledge on many needed topics. Once I read these tips I was done in 15 minutes (it would have been 10, if I had remembered to put the rubber dust cover back on the first time). Thanks to all for guidance.
  • bbakesbbakes Member Posts: 1
    Just read your message re:2003 Trailblazer...my drivers side headlamp just blew...can you give me some tips to help me change it as I am totally lost. Thanks bbakes
  • macc24macc24 Member Posts: 20
    I had a problem w/my low beam (left) - there was a short and a small fire. I had the dealer replace the entire wiring, under warranty. Who knows what it would have costs if done out of warranty.
  • eagostoeagosto Member Posts: 3
    DEAR BURDAWG: I'm new to the computer and I have spent the better part of 2 hours looking for specific info on how to repalce the passenger-side headlight on my Chevy Trailblazer ('01 or '02). I cannot find you answer from last year which you refer to. I apologize but would be very grateful if you would give my tips on how to replace the bulb. It seems impossible when I look under the hood.
    eaa
    Here's the start of one thread about changing the bulb:

mark77, "Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy" #17319, 6 Oct 2005 10:36 am

You can use the Search This Discussion box there if you want to find more posts. Or just post again if that link doesn't help and we'll try to help you get your lights on again. :shades:

Steve, Host
    ANYONE, PLEASE: HOW DO I REPLACE THE LOW-BEAM PASSENGER-SIDE HEADLIGHT ON MY TRLBL '01 OR '02? ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED ALTHO IT LOOKS LIKE THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN THE SOURCE OF A LOT OF DISCUSSION BEFORE. THANKS. eaa
    EUREKA! I figured out how to replace the passenger-side hi and low headligts on my '02 Trailblazer. I didn't replace the driver's side, but it doesn't look as daunting as the passenger side. I hope this helps.

1.FACE THE VEHICLE SO THAT BATTERY IS ON YOUR RIGHT;
    2.REMOVE THE BLACK PLASTIC PIECE THAT RUNS OVER RADIATOR BETWEEN HOOD LATCH AND FAN. IT IS ABOUT 53 1/2" LONG AND HOLDS THE HOOD PROP CLIP. (3 PLASTIC PUSH RETAINERS & 2 SHEET METAL SCREWS);
    3.REMOVE THE GRILL ASSEMBLY UNDERNEATH THE PIECE IN STEP 2 BY PUSHING DOWN FIRMLY ON 4 RETAINER CLIPS WHICH RUN ALONG THE TOP. USE A WIDE SLOT SCREWDRIVER. PULL UP GENTLY ON GRILL ASSEMBLY. IT WILL POP OUT. THE GRILL ASSEMBLY EXTENDS UNDER EACH HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY (HA) AND IT DISPLAYS THE CHEVROLET LOGO IN THE MIDDLE. MY GRILL ASSEMBLY POPPED OUT EASILY AND ALL THE OTHER RETAINER CLIPS ON THE BOTTOM AND BENEATH AND TO THE SIDE OF HA WERE AUTOMATICALLY RELEASED WITHOUT ANY FUSS;
    4.ON TOP OF HA SEE ONE TAB (ABOUT 1" LONG)ON THE RIGHT SIDE AND ONE ON THE LEFT (THE ONE ON L IS CLOSER TO THE FENDER);
    5.PULLUPWARDDIRECTION ON TABS. THEY WILL SLIDE UPWARD A COUPLE OF INCHES AND WILL RELEASE THE HA WHICH YOU CAN THEN PULL OUT TOWARDS YOU;
    6.AT BACK OF THE HA, REMOVE 2 ROUND RUBBER CAPS (ABOUT 4" IN DIAMETER)--ONE FOR LOW BEAM--ONE FOR HIGH. REVEAL BULBS. UNSNAP THE WIRE HARNESS FROM BULB BASE AND TURN BULB 1/4 TURN CLOCKWISE (REMEMBER YOU ARE FACING THE TRUCK)
    7.REPLACE BULB(S). #9006 BULB IS GRAY-BASE, FOR HIGH BEAM ON OUTSIDE. #9005 IS BLACK-BASE, LOW BEAM TO INSIDE OF HIGH BEAM.
    CHANGING HIGH AND LOW AND REASSEMBLY TOOK ABOUT HALF HOUR. GOOD LUCK. eaachevy
  • madroxmadrox Member Posts: 1
    This Guy was right on .. helped me with my 2004 trailblazer..
    i had to change my driver side lowbeam lamp
    for the '04 ,, it seems a bit easier though ... here are the steps i took : with borrowed input from eagosto(ETA 15 min - for your first time,, next time it may be faster) This also applies to the front turn signal bulbs.

Tools needed - large Flat head screwdriver

1.FACE THE VEHICLE SO THAT BATTERY IS ON YOUR RIGHT;
    2. OPEN HOOD
    3.REMOVE THE GRILL ASSEMBLY BY PUSHING DOWN FIRMLY ON 2 RETAINER CLIPS WHICH RUN ALONG THE TOP. USE A WIDE SLOT SCREWDRIVER TO HELP YOU WITH THE REST OF CLIPS (1 IN THE MIDDLE 2 BOTTOM END,2 ON EACH SIDE IN BETWEEN THE HEADLIGHTS). PULL UP GENTLY ON GRILL ASSEMBLY. IT WILL POP OUT. THE GRILL ASSEMBLY EXTENDS UNDER EACH HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY (HA) AND IT DISPLAYS THE CHEVROLET LOGO IN THE MIDDLE. MY GRILL ASSEMBLY POPPED OUT EASILY AND ALL THE OTHER RETAINER CLIPS ON THE BOTTOM AND BENEATH AND TO THE SIDE OF HA WERE AUTOMATICALLY RELEASED WITHOUT ANY FUSS;

4.ON TOP OF HA SEE ONE TAB (ABOUT 1" LONG)ON THE RIGHT SIDE AND ONE ON THE LEFT (THE ONE ON L IS CLOSER TO THE FENDER);
    5.PULLUPWARDDIRECTION ON TABS. THEY WILL SLIDE UPWARD A COUPLE OF INCHES AND WILL RELEASE THE HA WHICH YOU CAN THEN PULL OUT TOWARDS YOU;
    6.AT BACK OF THE HA, REMOVE 2 ROUND RUBBER CAPS (ABOUT 4" IN DIAMETER)--ONE FOR LOW BEAM (WHITE BASE CONNECTOR)--ONE FOR HIGH (BLACK BASE CONNECTOR). REVEAL BULBS. UNSNAP THE WIRE HARNESS FROM BULB BASE AND TURN BULB 1/4 TURN CLOCKWISE (REMEMBER YOU ARE FACING THE TRUCK)
    7.REPLACE BULB(S). #9006 BULB IS GRAY-BASE, FOR HIGH BEAM ON OUTSIDE. #9005 IS BLACK-BASE, LOW BEAM TO INSIDE OF HIGH BEAM.

-- NOTE--- if you have small hands ,, you could take off the caps and bulbs without doing the above,, but the connector to the bulb is very short and maybe a bit cumbersome to install the bulb. (again took me 15-20 min,, but now that i know what to do,, next time may just take me 5-10 min) This also applies to the turn signals.
  • woodbine23woodbine23 Member Posts: 1
    Hey: who out there knows how to replace the bulb on a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer LT
  • johnmiskulinjohnmiskulin Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the info - made the job a breeze.
  • iowapackiowapack Member Posts: 1
    I bought an '06 Trailblazer SS on a year end clearance a couple of months ago and decided to install the Sylvania Silverstar lamps, which I put in my pickup a month ago with outstanding results. I discovered immediately the grill would have to come off to remove the headlight assembly. Its just like the '04 described except the low beam is on the outside and both high and low beams use #9006. I hate popping these plastic pieces apart unless absolutely necessary-too easy to break something. So I took the 53" plastic cover with the hood prop clip off and easily replaced the lamps by reaching down and removing the rubber covers on the back of the assembly. A pen light was helpful. I'm 60 with stiff hands, so I think most can do it this way and not mess with the grill and headlight assemblies. Just be careful not to touch the glass on the new lamps, or if you do, be sure to wipe them off with a clean, dry rag. These things get blistering hot and a fingerprint can cause an excessively hot spot, causing the lamp to burst. Good motoring to all!
  • dennycdennyc Member Posts: 1
    The suggested method of accessing the rear of the headlight assembly to change the bulb works great. I followed iowapack's instuctions and changed the passenger side headlight in 25 minutes. I'm certainly no mechanic and it was very easy, no grill to remove or fenders to loosen!
  • jsetojseto Member Posts: 2
    I wanted to change the passenger side headlamp. Man, I tried to follow the instructions but had a heck of a time getting the front grille off. So, I went another route.

(While standing in front of the vehicle, battery to the right)

I removed the right metal fender brace that covered the air filter cover. I loosened the front bolt, and removed the back one. This allowed me to "swing" it out of the way.

I removed the air filter cover. There are three screws. One in the back, one on the right side, and one in the front-left. The one on the front-left is a little tricky so I used a long screwdriver and magnatized the screwdriver so I don't lose the screw.

After removing the air filter cover, I lifted air filter and swung it out of the way. This gave me great view of the back of the headlamp. With one hand, I pressed down on the wire loom that blocked the rubber cover. Just using my hands, I peeled away at the rubber cover to expose the headlamp.

With a small quarter-turn I removed the blown headlamp and reversed this process for reassembly.

Took all of 10 mins. I'm sure that it would not be as easy for the driver side, as I would have to remove the battery. Hopefully, that one doesn't blow out any time soon. LOL.
  • remddsremdds Member Posts: 1
    I have nothing to add to reply #11 posted above but that his procedure works great on 2003 TB's as well. The clips are a b*%#h to slide back into place however!!!
  • lvenemalvenema Member Posts: 2
    My 2005 Trailblazer has had an intermittent problem with the headlights dimming since it was new. It usually only happens shortly after the engine has started after sitting quite a while. It happens after the vehicle has been driven for a few miles, the lights are on auto, and the heater/AC is on max blower speed.

The last time it happened was during a snow srtorm. I had just about everything electrical turned on and it dimmed the lights off and on for about 30 minutes. It seems like the electrical system can't put out enough power.

The dealer has applied fixes in all applicable TSBs with no fix. GM Tech support says this is normal? Somehow I just can't see that it is normal to have lights dimming while you are driving down a dark highway.

Anyone else have problems like this that have been fixed?

Thanks,

Lou
  • lisa31071lisa31071 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you so much.. These instructions were perfect. It only took us about 10 minutes. Without out your help I would have never figured it out. :)
  • tuskertusker Member Posts: 1
    I replaced the driver side low beam. All I had to do was remove the battery cover and battery and I was able to pull the round rubber cover off and twist the light bulb assembly right out. Just be careful when you replace the bulb. Make sure you DON'T TOUCH THE BULB WITH YOUR BARE HANDS! This could cause the bulb to explode!
  • pdesimonepdesimone Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer. Just recently, both of my headlights went out. Whether I have it in the automatic position or if I put them in the "manual on" position, they don't come on. When I put on my brights, they work. At least they got me home. I'm sure I pissed some people off though. Anyway, does anyone have any ideas of where to look. I checked the fuses. There is a different fuse for each headlight and they both look OK. Could it be the bright switch, and if so, how do I check it? Looking forward to any help you can shed on the subject.
    Thanks
    Phil
    Sorry if this went out twice but, I'm not sure what I did.
    Anyway
    I have a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer. Just recently, both of my headlights went out. Whether I have it in the automatic position or if I put them in the "manual on" position, they don't come on. When I put on my brights, they work. At least they got me home. I'm sure I pissed some people off though. Anyway, does anyone have any ideas of where to look. I checked the fuses. There is a different fuse for each headlight and they both look OK. Could it be the bright switch, and if so, how do I check it? Looking forward to any help you can shed on the subject.
    Thanks
    Phil
  • tblazedtblazed Member Posts: 945
    Low beams are driven by a module in the underhood fuse block. #46 is the Headlight Driver Module ("HDM") which is a solid-state relay. This is becoming a common failure. You can test it by temporarily swapping it with #45 the "Cooling Fan" driver module for the fan clutch as they are the same type device. If that's it you will likely have to buy the replacement from a GM dealer. Prices can vary from about $25 to over $40 for that module depending where you buy it. Good Luck!
    I swapped #45 with #46 like suggested, but my headlights still don't come on. What are the chances of both modules going bad? #45 is the "Cooling Fan" driver module. When I swapped them, the main fan still went around. I don't know if it controls the speed of the fan or the fan all together.
    What are the chances of both of my low beams going out at the same time? Is there a highbeam/lowbeam switch on the column and could that be bad? How would I check this? Can I check the low beam with a test light. I'm trying to check everything before I have to go to a Chevy Dealer.
  • tblazedtblazed Member Posts: 945
    The fan will still turn. The driver module for the fan controls the amount the fan clutch is engaged and the fan speed. There is a minimum amount of drag in the clutch so even at minimum it will still turn, just not very fast.

The headlight driver module (HDM) is controlled by the Body Control Module (BCM) under the back seat via a pink-white stripe wire that connects to the HDM pin 5 under the hood. The headlight switch signals the BCM to turn on the headlights. There are a few tests you could do to narrow it down to the BCM but that would involve shorting the pink-white stripe wire at the BCM or pin 5 at the HDM to ground, which will make the HDM turn on the headlights. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! You should be able to pull up the HDM slightly to get under it to pin 5, then with a suitable clip lead to ground and probe like a piece if solid wire, touch the pin. Be aware that there is direct Battery 12V on pin 2 so don't accidentally short that pin to ground or sparks will fly! You could also test both headlamps by taking them out and checking with an Ohm meter. Should read near zero Ohms. Pretty unlikely though that both would fail at the same time. Likewise with the two fuses.

Since yours is a 2003 it shouldn't have a HDM fuse #53. I believe that fuse was added in late 2004 but you might check for that anyway to make sure.
    Thanks for the info.
    Before I dove into the BCM, I decided to check for juice at the bulbs themselves. I seemed very unlikely that they would both blow at once, that's why I didn't check it right off the bat, but that's what it was. On the 2003, it looks like it's hard to get to the bulbs, but it was easier then I thought. The passenger side, I had to take off the cover for the air filter and I could reach my hand in. In any case, two lights and only $16. later, it was all fixed. Now, why did they both go at once. I had noticed a slight dimming a couple of times in the near past and I read somewhere that the Trailblazer had some alternator spiking problems. I guess I'll have to keep my eye on it.
    Thanks for your help.
    I own a 2003 Trailblazer and I just had to replace 2 low beams. I don't know if things have changed from 2002 to 2003, but on the 2003 it looks harder than it really is.
    On the driver's side, reach down and in and pull off the black rubber cover that's about the size of the bottom of a soda can. Then just reach in and twist and pull. On the passenger's side, you first have to take the 3 screws out of the air filter cover and pull it off. Then, reach down and in and twist and pull. It was. Remember, don't touch the halogen bulbs with your fingers, the oil on your fingers screws them up for some reason. At least that's what they used to say. Hope this helps.
    Phil
  • wcsled613wcsled613 Member Posts: 1
    :shades: Thank you so much for this post!!! It actually took me less time then is listed it was only about 10 minutes total time to take it apart replace them and put it back together...These directions are awesome...There is only one thing I would like to add...When you do this make sure the front end of the truck in the grass or place a blanket down in front of the truck...When I popped off the last clip the grill fell on the ground and scratched the paint a little no big deal, just a little hint though...Thanks again!!!
  • tayag08tayag08 Member Posts: 1
    I have had two different mechanics check the headlights out on my car, and I've yet to have any luck getting them fixed. The bright lights always work, but the dims sometimes go out. Sometimes I can turn the car off, turn it back on and they work. Other times, they don't work for a while, and even sometimes, I think they're going to work and they go out while I'm driving. Has anyone experienced this problem or know how to fix it?
  • svmilamsvmilam Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 same problem trying to find the solution
  • kimmik921kimmik921 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Chevy TrailBlazer. I got hit by something overnight and it resulted in a shattered left tail light. I have purchased a replacement, but have no idea how to switch them out. Help.
  • kayakdianakayakdiana Member Posts: 1
    I will have to go with the posting by Phil on this one. No grill removal or anything complicated. Just removing the air filter and the rubber covering and that is it.

Refering to Phil's message:

I own a 2003 Trailblazer and I just had to replace 2 low beams. I don't know if things have changed from 2002 to 2003, but on the 2003 it looks harder than it really is.
    On the driver's side, reach down and in and pull off the black rubber cover that's about the size of the bottom of a soda can. Then just reach in and twist and pull. On the passenger's side, you first have to take the 3 screws out of the air filter cover and pull it off. Then, reach down and in and twist and pull. It was. Remember, don't touch the halogen bulbs with your fingers, the oil on your fingers screws them up for some reason. At least that's what they used to say. Hope this helps

Yes even a blonde can do that.

Diana
  • shoes2shoes2 Member Posts: 2
    Lou
    I have a similar problem. Occasionally while driving down a road and lifting off the accelerator the headlights begin to flicker almost like going from a high bean to a low beam. I haven't noticed it happening with any special accessories on or off. Since its dark in the mornings when I drive to work now I notice it more often. I haven't bothered taking it to the dealer since I think it would be a waste of time. I'm actually not even sure if it both headlights or just one, but whats happening is noticeable and probably puzzles the oncoming drivers.

Dick
  • smherndonsmherndon Member Posts: 1
    I just took mine to the dealer to have this checked out. They told me that everything checks out okay and that GM has a paragraph (somewhere) that says that this is normal when the car is under heavy electrical load. I don't exactly buy this as I have had mine dim when there is very little load being put on the system. Even with a load the system should be able handle it in my opinion or there is a problem. If this truly is "normal" then GM has a bad design for their electrical system. I have talked to others with TB's and haven't had anyone else tell me that they have this problem, so my question is - if this is "normal", why is it not seen in all vehicles? :mad:
  • jusbkooljusbkool Member Posts: 1
    It's cold outside but I had to change my passenger side low beam head lamp.
    Stump3, thanks for the info. I was done in 6 minutes. I didn't have to remove the grill or the housing and it was done in a snap. Is there a trailblazer club I can join?
  • 04tblazerls04tblazerls Member Posts: 2
    I have had my 04 TBLS for 6,000 miles since October of 07 now i am the second owner it is a GM certified vehicle, if that means anything more than when it gets me mad ill seiz the motor and let them have it back lol. My headlights have been doing the dimming game since i got it. I just think of it as my strobe system, it only does it when its in a bad mood i guess. Everything else works fine. I have seen all over the net, where not the only ones. GM may make a recall someday but for now ill just use my brake pedal as a way to dim my lights to make deer run away. HEY ITS A CHEVY NOT A NASA SPACE SHIP! Either way there made in the USA! At least we don't have to worry about them falling out of the sky! I love my Trailblazer for that reason and many more.
  • gzupangzupan Member Posts: 1
    Thanks so much for the simple instructions. I had no problem following them. And yes, the driver's side is much easier than the passenger side. I Actually had to do it twice....my passenger's side was out and I replaced the driver's side.....duh! Thanks again.