Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Infiniti I30 Electrical Issues

2»

Comments

• Options
    tanner0042tanner0042 Member Posts: 1
    I just replaced the starter motor about two weeks ago, second time, easy fix. Currently the car will turn over and start, then immediately sputters and dies. There appears to be a strange electrical issue that is also occurring, maybe the cause of the engine not continuing to run. I noticed that electric accessories, like power door locks, appear to have reduced power to them. When I actuate the locks, they will visibly move a little, but will not fully unlock or lock. All systems seem to have this limited amount of power to them, accept for the starter which turns over with no problem. When I swapped out the starter I also replaced the ground to the battery, but all connections look good.

Anyone else experience anything like this.
  • Options
    hlbj37hlbj37 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    i am having the same problem after changing the map light bulb, now no interior lights, doors, if anyone has the answers
    please let me know
  • Options
    tonyshtonysh Member Posts: 1
    Same issue here....put in new bulb for map light, now car won't lock, overhead light won't work. This sounds like a fuse to me. I might try calling the dealer.
  • Options
    onlyshallow86onlyshallow86 Member Posts: 4
    As the weather's getting warmer, I've been running into a strange issue with my car. The car will not start when it's been sitting out in the sun/noshade on 80 degree+ days.

When I attempt to start, there is:
    - no "click"
    - no noise whatsoever from the starter
    - no changes in dials on the dashboard
    - dashboard check battery light turns on
    - A/C, stereo, headlights, etc. turn on

This has happened several times - always on hot days when the car has been sitting out in the sun. It will consistently fail to start if I attempt to start repeatedly. I've had success getting the car to by opening the hood and letting the engine "air out", when it's not particularly hot out, or leaving it for a few hours and returning in the evening when it is cooler.

Yesterday, it failed to start right after I pumped gas in the afternoon. I was able to get it started by waiting a few minutes with the hood open.

I've had the car for five months and never had any issues starting in the winter.
    It's 13 years old and has about 110,000 miles on it. The battery is newish.