Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Availability of the 08 Siennas?

rothsranrothsran Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Toyota
We were looking at the Sienna XLE Limited AWD with Navi, Rear Camera, etc., but no dealership in the NY tri-state area seems to have any left. In fact, one dealer said that Toyota will no longer be making this package (wonder if this really true?)

Does anyone happen to know when the 08s will start showing up on the dealers' lots and whether there is any truth to the lack of a fully-loaded Sienna?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• barneymbarneym Member Posts: 32
    I am in the same boat as you. My wife and I settled on the Toyota over the Honda a few weeks ago and want to get a minivan before kid #2 shows up in early October and encountered the same lack of inventory around here (Boston, MA). Three different dealers gave me time frames of between August to Mid-September. I'm annoyed that I can't take advantage of the $1500 rebate on the '07's. But I really want the nav system so I guess I'm going to be waiting for the 08's like you.
    Sorry, forgot to address the other question. Every dealer I talked to assured me that the packages will remain virtually unchanged with the 2008's. I suspect the delaer you spoke to was just trying to pressure you into buying a less equiped model off their lot.
  • jim1969jim1969 Member Posts: 62
    I'm having a hard time finding an XLE AWD with package #7 in Slate Metalic. I'd like to use that $1500 cash back.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    How about an 07 with a nice Garmin Nuvi unit instead? Screen sizes are up to 4.3" now.
  • jim1969jim1969 Member Posts: 62
    I have a Nuvi 660. Package #7 has the rear DVD, leather, VDC and tracion control.
    As an aside, are the run flats any good or am I better off just getting an XLE non AWD?
    Sounds like a complete package to me! Go for it...
  • verticalvertical Member Posts: 12
    I am looking for 08 Siennas, too. I was told by a number of dealers that the 08's will hit the show room by mid/late August. None of the dealers would disclose what's different between the 07's and the 08's. But, here's Toyota's press release.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/07-30-200- - 7/0004635175&EDATE=
    Here's the key portion of that:

Sienna offers new product enhancements and Extra Value Packages. New standard features include Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control and rear disc brakes on all models. Also, Bluetooth(R) is now on all models featuring standard or available JBL audio.

VSC finally. Wonder if package 3 will cost less than it did before, given it added these things (except BT) to an LE.

Bluetooth is interesting, but for what purposes exactly? I have a BT phone, does this mean I could hear it over my car's speakers? Without NAV I don't see much purpose for it.
    I currently have an Acura with Bluetooth, and now I cannot imagine getting another car without it.

I paired my BT phone with my car's bluetooth system, and it allows me to dial/answer calls with voice commands while paying full attention on the road. I consider it a very useful safety feature. With more and more phones with Bluetooth standard, more and more cars should be equipped with this feature.
    That's the same reaction I got in the other thread.

But I had a question for them, and I'll ask you the same question.

How is that useful for someone who has a basic model sans GPS or a touch screen device?

Toyota said it would be standard, so presumably even a basic CE model would have Bluetooth.

How can a CE owner use Bluetooth? Besides maybe playing the sound over the van's speakers, I just don't see what functionality that adds to those models.

With a GPS, sure, points-of-interest have numbers, you can hit dial and the phone makes the call. Absolutely. Or use the mic and speakers and keep the phone in your pocket, instant speaker phone.

But lesser models don't have the mic, the POI database, etc. How would you use it on those models? :confuse:

I have a BlackBerry and use a Bluetooth headset, so I am familiar with the technology.
    My car does not have Navi, so the BT system is just a hands-free phone system. When it detects an incoming phone call, the stereo is muted and a voice will ask me whether I want to answer it or not.

I would assume (?) that Toyota will provide a built-in mic and a seemless way to be integrated with the in car stereo system. Otherwise, it would be pointless to have it.

In some sense, you are right. it's just an integrated form of a bluetooth headset. I suppose if you are already used to having the headset on all the time, it wouldn't provide anything new. It's meant to cure those who fumble to get the phone out of their pocket/bag while driving.
  • stalwartstalwart Member Posts: 4
    Does the line in bold below mean Bluetooth will be available only in models featuring JBL audio? Or am I reading too much into it?

I hope the basic '08 LE costs less than '07 LE with pkg #3 after $1500 rebate. If that's the case, we are better off going with the '08 model than taking advantage of the $1500 current rebate on '07 models (since VSC is standard in '08).

Sienna offers new product enhancements and Extra Value Packages. New
    standard features include Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control
    and rear disc brakes on all models. Also, Bluetooth(R) is now on all models
    featuring standard or available JBL audio.
    The Sienna MSRP ranges from
    $24,340 for the 2WD CE to $37,665 for the AWD Limited model. The total
    Sienna average MSRP increases $35 or 0.1 percent.
    No, it's a good question.

The wording is very confusing, but you're right, only models with the JBL sound will get Bluetooth.

The wrote:

Bluetooth(R) is now on all models
    featuring standard or available JBL audio

They should have simply said:

Bluetooth(R) is now on all models
    featuring JBL audio

So here's what's funny: basic models that didn't come with VSC before now have it. Well equipped models with the JBL sound (doesn't it only come with the DVD movie player) gain bluetooth.

But models like mine, the LE package 3, don't change at all. They are exactly like the 2007s.
  • seats8seats8 Member Posts: 12
    Any more information on the 2008 models and options would be very helpful.

I'm interested in an 8 seater LE. I really only want disc brakes, so I'm looking at the #3 package in 2007. However, if the base LE 8 seater has disc brakes in 2008, then the cost might actually be less - even without a rebate, since the #3 package adds thousands. It be nice to know what else (other than traction and stability) are now standard. Perhaps sliding doors?!

Inventory on 2007s is shrinking quickly. It'd be nice if Toyota would release this info soon.
    I doubt it'll include the 2nd sliding door.

The base LE has a passenger sliding door already.

If they put the 2nd sliding door on the base LE model, then package 3 would only be alloy wheels. I doubt they'll do that.

Right now pkg 3 adds about a grand to the price of a 2007, and without a rebate the 08s will effectively go up in price by $1500, so my hunch is the 07 is a little cheaper and you get the alloys for free (at a minimum).
    Actually, while the base LE certainly had two sliding doors, neither had power opener/closers. Package 1 and 2 added that to the pasenger door, package 3 and higher added power to both doors.

I'm thinking that an 08 without any package will be about the same price as an 07 with package 3 including the rebate. It may not have any power sliding doors or alloy wheels or external temp. information or power seats or DRL's, but it will have 4 wheel disc brakes, traction and stability control (among other yet to be announced items). To me (and apparently now to Toyota and other buyers, the discs and safety features are what's important.

I hope I can get more 08 info before the 07 inventories dry up.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is interested in speaking with anyone currently considering purchasing a 2008 minivan. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com by 1pm Eastern on Monday, August 6 with your daytime contact information.
  • smedley2smedley2 Member Posts: 2
    I am from western Md - shopped Honda Odyssey(did not like no power pass seat/run flat tires/3-6 engine firing) but no dealer had or would get fully loaded Sienna. Walked into Beaman Toyota in Nashville, TN - asked salesman if they had any limited (they had 6) asked if they would demonstrate - ended up purchasing one - they ship,drive,deliver anywhere - I selected a salesmans car so it had 497 miles so I just drove it home - wonderful car except for poor (disc) in GPS - they financed everything including home state pmt - they have inventory on webb - ask for Scott Hamilton - great experience
    Thanks for the correction, I don't think I've ever seen an LE that didn't have package 1, so that's what I was thinking.

And yes, I should have said power sliding doors, not just sliding doors.
    I have been looking to buy a loaded Sienna Limited AWD and my search has concluded that there are simply no 2007's left in my very extended area. So am I anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 2008's which kind of stinks since I will be forgoing the rebate and slashed clearance pricing :cry: . I also have a personal deadline of purchasing this by early to mid-September (new baby on the way) which is when rumor has said the first new vans will be hitting the lots.

I am sure I am not the only one who is in this situation so I was thinking of gathering us into a Buying Group so we could attempt better pricing by dangling a volume purchase in front of some dealers.

I am looking for people who are within 100 or so miles of Boston, MA and are looking to purchase a Toyota Sienna Limited AWD or FWD with the 2008 equivalents of Package #2/3 (2 for AWD/ 3 for FWD) and #4 and want to take delivery in the first half of September. Please be a cash or credit-worthy buyer. I would hate to gather a group of people, get into negotiations, and then have the deal sabotaged by someone not getting approved for financing.

If you are interested in being part of this buying group, please contact me. I put together a special email for this: iwantasienna@gmail.com.
    :shades:
  • theooutbacktheooutback Member Posts: 19
    I checked with my local dealer a few days ago. He was able to see the date on which they had ordered their first shipment of '08s and the expected delivery date. He also looked up and told me there was a subsequent order and gave the second expected delivery date. He said packages were more or less the same in '08, but might have been speaking off the cuff.
  • bdc2020bdc2020 Member Posts: 58
    I was told by my dealer that 2008's would start appearing on their lot by end of Sept/early Oct.

Looks like I'll try to find a 2007 LE #3.
  • stalwartstalwart Member Posts: 4
    do you mind sharing those dates with us? it would help us people sitting on the sidelines for '08s. i would think the dates for all dealers might be very close... appreciate your help.

I checked with my local dealer a few days ago. He was able to see the date on which they had ordered their first shipment of '08s and the expected delivery date. He also looked up and told me there was a subsequent order and gave the second expected delivery date. He said packages were more or less the same in '08, but might have been speaking off the cuff.
  • theooutbacktheooutback Member Posts: 19
    More or less mirrored the Toyota press release - the first vans are expected towards the end of August. Next shipment in Sept. They said that they expect to have a lot of inventory built up by October (20 or 30 '08s by that point on the lot, they have four '07s left at this point). They still did not have pricing as of today but were able to tell me that one configured the way I would like (DVD, Nav) is in the first order group. Unfortunately, not the right exterior color. The dealership also told me that order to lot time was really fast - something like 20 days.
  • basketbbasketb Member Posts: 19
    One local dealer sent the following info on a 2008 Sienna XLE, which is "available" (not sure whether that means in stock). In any case, I'm not interested in this model but maybe somebody else here is (I'm looking for a 2007 XLE w/ pkg#4, which is apperently quite different from the 2008 pkg#4).

DETAILS

Factory Installed Accessories: FE AW LF PC QN TO
    Port Installed Accessories ..: CF

Retail
    Vehicle Base Model ....................: $ 29525.00
    Total Accessories .....................: $ 6394.00

MECHANICAL & PERFORMANCE
    3.5L DOHC V6 w/VVT-i
    5 Speed Automatic Transmission w/ECT-i
    Power Rack & Pinion Steering
    Power Front & Rear Disc Brakes
    16" Alloy Wheels w/P215/65R16 Tires
    SAFETY
    Star Safety System: Includes Enhanced
    Vehicle Stability Control w/ Traction
    Control,Anti-Lock Brake System w/
    Electronic Brake Force Distribution
    and Brake Assist
    Advanced Airbags w/Occupant Sensor
    Front Seat Side Airbags & Curtain Shield
    Airbags in All 3 Rows
    3 Point Seatbelts in All Locations
    Side Impact Door Beams
    Child Protector Sliding Door Locks
    Child Seat Top Tether & Lower Anchors
    Tire Pressure Warning Indicator
    Anti Theft System w/Engine Immobilizer
    EXTERIOR
    Full Color Keyed Exterior
    Color Keyed Heated Power Mirrors
    COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
    XLE Clth Int 8-way Pwr Dr Seat w/Lumbar
    & 4-Way Power Fr Pass Seat
    2nd Row Indexing Capt Chairs w/Armrests
    60/40 Split & Stow 3rd Row Seat
    Auto Tri-Zone Climate Cntrl w/Push Bttn
    Deluxe AM/FM/6-Disc CD Changer w/6 Spkrs
    Pwr Wndws in 1st/2nd Row & RR Qtr Wndws
    Power Sliding Side & Power Back Door
    Woodgrain Trim
    Chrome Interior Door Handles
    Overhead Console w/Trip Meter,Outside
    Temp & Homelink
    Tilt & Telescopic Steering Wheel
    w/Audio Controls
    Center Console Box
    Cruise Control
    Optitron Instrument Cluster
    Retail Total
    Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 29525.00 $ 29525.00
    50 State Emissions .........................
    17" Alloy Wheel w/PP225/60R17 Tires ........ 130.00
    Fog Lamps w/Daytime Running Lights ......... 180.00
    and Windshield Wiper De-icer Grid ..........
    Special Color .............................. 220.00
    XLE EVP #4: Leather Trim Seats, ............ 5430.00
    Driver & Front Pass Seat Heaters, Side .....
    Door and Quarter Window Sunshades, DVD .....
    Based Navigation System with Touch .........
    Screen and Back-up Camera, JBL .............
    AM/FM/4-Disc CD Audio with 10 Speakers, ....
    (Replaces 6-Disc CD Changer), ..............
    Bluetooth Audio, Satallite Radio ...........
    Capable, MP3/WMA Capability, DVD Rear ......
    Seat Entertainment System w/9" Display .....
    and Wireless Headphones (2), 115V Outlet ...
    (2), Tilt/Slide Power Moonroof, Rear .......
    Intuitive Parking Assist. ..................
    3500 lbs. Tow Prep Package Includes: ....... 220.00
    Heavy Duty Radiator & Fan,150 Amp Alt & ....
    Power Steering Oil Cooler ..................
    Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector ...... 214.00
    --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 6394.00 $ 6394.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 685.00
    TDA .........................................:
    Gasoline ....................................:
    Dealer Holdback .............................:
    Whsl. Financial Reserve .....................:
    ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 36604.00
    Toyota's website now has the 2008 Sienna information available.
    Sounds pretty loaded up. Not bad for that (list) price.

I think these value packages will actually bring transactions prices a bit lower for 2008.
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    MOST Toyota dealers have had an abudant supply of 2008 Siennas on their lots ready for selling for weeks. :blush:
  • motherof5motherof5 Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to decide between an XLE 07 & 08with no extras added . What will I be forfeiting if I go with the 07?
    Only one thing - Bluetooth, and even then, only if you purchase the now optional JBL sound system.

Surprisingly, you may give up more than you gain. The XLE dropped the JBL sound, the tow package, and I think DRLs. Maybe fog lights, too.

They dropped the price to reflect the lesser content on the 08s, but 07s have rebates.

Unless you really want Bluetooth, a left over 07 has more content.
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    I sat in a nice 2008 Sienna XLE Limited yesterday after I had my 06 Sienna Oil and Oil filter changed at the dealership. MSRP $ 41,727 less $ 1585 package discount = bottom line $ 41,142. :shades:
    The 08s juuuuust came out, wait a month or two, they'll discount them more.

The local no-haggle dealer didn't have a single Sienna priced over $36k last time I checked. That's after discounts.

One conspiracy theory may be that the demand for high-end models is high, so they are the first to disappear from the lots. Some people want theirs with everything.
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    ...XLE LIMITED AWD with EVP #1,beautiful...sticker is $39,504.00...local dealer offered at $36,950..I wonder if it is a fair price. I am dying to get out of my EXPI 05 lease and I still have 5 payments plus $250 termination fee...I was given 3 yera lease 12k,$8000 down $482 monthly including tax and gap insurance....any one care to opine?...please do...
    $2500 off a brand new van when 2008 prices already dropped from 2007 levels sounds good. Yes.
    Thanks ateixeira, i was hoping for your opinions...how about the lease deal?...what is your thought on this part of the deal?...I found that the invoice (dealer's) on the LIMITED mentioned is about $4000 below sticker...it is a lot..in that case they are going about $1500 above invoice. Should I wait a couple of months when they are more abundant, or should I bite now?...thanks...
    Sorry, I know nothing at all about leasing, so you're asking the wrong guy.
    ...hey!.. I am a nubbie too..did you buy and what..thanks..
    Yeah, I was a cash buyer. $25.2k for a 2007 Sienna, plus TTL.

I bought a Forester in 1998 and it was a great car, maintenance only, no repairs. For 9 years I had no car payment and could save up.

Still no car payment now. :shades:
    ...good math by me...and very good for you I used to buy and change evry 3 years,some men like to have different women in their lives,me?...I love cars...lol.....but then I discover that leasing was not as bad as I thought and here I am going into my 2nd lease. I must confess that the next is oing to be buy since I will be 66 and climbing...lol
    Trading in cars is cheaper than trading wives! ;)
    ...after 40 year of marriage...she OWNS me...
    Just hope she doesn't want to trade you in... :D
    ...the thought probably crossed he mind many..many times
  • dtruong3dtruong3 Member Posts: 1
    I bought Sienna 08 limited at 9/10/07. Excluding AWD, GPS price 35,400 + frees. Seem good deal.
    Sounds like it. With NAV you'd pay over $36, add AWD and you're well above what you paid.

Congrats.
  • msindallasmsindallas Member Posts: 190
    I think that is a great price. Any differences between the 2007 and 08 models? (The Limited version). Thanks, - M.S.

P.S. Hi Juice, I am over here :)
    ...I am fairly new to the TOYOTA expirience since a few years ago there never negotiated much on their prices. I think the price was good but my problem is that I still have 5 payments left on my current 05 EXPI lease..maybe by December i will eat 2payments and hopefully get the same or better pricing on the Sienna 08 AWD Limited with evr 1
    Great! You found us! :)

I would have put another link but the Haterade over there is unbearable at times. Heaven forbid should someone offer advice to those who ask for it, right? :D

Check out the November Car & Driver issue. They actually picked the Sienna 2nd, Ody 1st, but it beat everyone else, and won most of the objective measures.

It was quickest and most efficient, most cargo behind 1st, 2nd, 3rd rows, most space in front row, and most cases of beer in all configurations, my #1 criteria. ;)

Lateral G's actually tied the Ody, and while they rated the Ody higher in handling (8 to 7) the Sienna made it up in ride (8 to 7).

Get this, though, the Sienna did 3mpg better, and that's against an Ody with VCM. 0-60 was substantially quicker, too, well over a second sooner.

Check out that article, it's a good read. For me it only reinforced my decision to get a Sienna.
  • caravan2caravan2 Member Posts: 198
    You're correct in comparison. Both are great... you won't regret picking any of these two..

Ody is always, maybe most of times, is ranked higher than Siena...I don't why?

I'm not sure what feature carries more weight that makes ODY ranking higher than Sienna... As the note mentioned both have some features better than the other.
    Here's my full rant on the subject:

ateixeira, "2008 Minivans" #377, 27 Sep 2007 6:49 pm

Basically I think C&D likes to see themselves as the enthusiasts' magazine, so their criteria are different than the average minivan shopper's. To them, handling is more important that how many boxes (cases of beer) will fit inside.

They even RAVED about the Ody's 8th seat, which is lame (sorry!) compared to the 8 seat Sienna.

Would you rather sit in this baby seat:

Or the adult-sized seat in the 8 passenger Sienna (note the width):

Not the best photo, but trust me, the Sienna wins here hands down.

Also, they tested a loaded Ody vs. a Sienna LE. Then they complained that the Sienna's 3rd row was hard to fold, while for the price they could have gotten a POWER folding 3rd row. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.