Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Pontiac Torrent Keyless Remote

dannyd3dannyd3 Member Posts: 56
edited March 2014 in Pontiac
Hello everyone,

I remember reading about people having issues with their keyless remotes. My inlaws were experiencing the same things and have now found out that there is a recall on the keyless system it needs to be completely replaced. just thought I would pass it on.
Anyone having trouble with the key turning. mine seems to get stuck sometimes???

Comments

• Options
    ajg93ajg93 Member Posts: 29
    Is this a new recall that is oou? Did it help with your inlaws problems? Mine was/is with poor range and while they claimed to replace the transmitters and receiver, it did nothing.

Thanks
  • Options
    It is a new recall, they have yet to get it replaced so I dont know if it helped but I will let you know, also note this is for 2007 the recall. I have a 2006 andthe range is maybe 6 -7 parking spaces which isnt all that great.
  • Options
    I'd appreciate if it you did let me know. I have an 07 and my range is one parking spot..you need to be beside the car for the remote to work (expect of course at the dealership). The dealer did claim to know of a recall on this - it was back in May/June. Whatever they did do did not help.
  • Options
    They got it replaced and it works like a charm. GM admitted to my mother in law that they screwed up on the programing for all 2007 models. All vehicles must go in to get reprogrammed or replaced keyless system.
  • Options
    Great...thanks! So this is a brand new recall right?
  • Options
    sorry havent responded was away. Yes it was a new recall
  • Options
    horstehorste Member Posts: 1
    I have had a 2008 Torrent for 2 weeks now. The keyless remote range is the same length as the key. The remote start is essentially useless. This problem has clearly NOT been corrected.
  • Options
    redmaxxredmaxx Member Posts: 627
    I have an '08 Torrent now and do not have an issue with the RKE. With the Torrent in the 2nd row of the parking lot and me in the building on the 2nd floor, I can remote start my Torrent no problem.
This discussion has been closed.