Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Odyssey Engine "missing"

en3chixen3chix Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Honda
While cruising with the rpm's low (below 1500) there seems to be a miss. It goes away when you give it a little gas and does not do it while accelerating. Does it in all gears. This is not a transmission slip. it almost feels like a bad distrubator cap but this does not have a distribator. The van has 57,000 miles. thanks

Comments

• Options
    markm7markm7 Member Posts: 2
    I've had the same problem with my 'o2.it's driving me crazy.
    no engine light on . had it in to dealer no trouble codes came up.
  • Options
    akhiranoakhirano Member Posts: 1
    We have this problem too! We have an 03 and just took it in to no avail. The shop couldn't find the problem (typical, happens ALL the time but they couldn't make the van do it...argh!) and cleaned something but it still is doing it. This is a problem especially at 20-35 mph for our van. We have 66,000 miles on our van. Did you take you van into the dealership?
  • Options
    markm7markm7 Member Posts: 2
    yes i took it to the dealer.I have 100,000km which is about 60,000m I think.
  • Options
    rsmiedemarsmiedema Member Posts: 8
    I'm having the same issue with my '04 with 54,000. It feels like a fuel issue because the RPM will drop to about 1500 rpm. It mainly happens around 40 to 45 mphs. I have tried putting fuel cleaner, but still no help. I was thinking it might be my transmission starting to slip. Does any one have any thoughts on that?
  • Options
    bob757flbob757fl Member Posts: 16
    Interesting. We have a '05 EX-L that does this exact thing at 30-38mph while the RPM's are in the 1500 range. Could not make it do it at the dealership (of course) but they recommended and we replaced two front tires and balanced all of them anyway saying it was a balance problem. Got home. Next day its deja vu. I don't think the transmission is slipping either.
This discussion has been closed.