Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

Comments

• qleqle Member Posts: 4
    Your money factor will stay the same. True, your residual will improve (+1 or 2%) if you do 12k, but getting Premium Plus will knock you down (-3%). But hey, who wants an A5 with regular halogen lights? I ended up with a premium plus at 15k and got a residual of 53% (54% if you count getting AudiCare).
  • scantyscanty Member Posts: 164
    Thanks for the info on the Premium Plus residual. I'm finding it harder to justify the payment differential between the A5 and an equivalent 328i xDrive Coupe. Other than I want (WANT!) the A5. Your mention of Audi Care just reminded me that BMW includes the maintenance, so the price comparison is actually getting worse.
  • packrfanpackrfan Member Posts: 50
    FWIW, I was looking at same BMW as alternative to A5, and included G37x in the mix. Exact (or as near possible) same configuration on BMW was a couple $k more expensive MSRP and G was couple less. Discounts on 09 A5s were available but 3.2s were more expensive to start. '10 2.0T brought price down and dealers are getting enough to warrant discounts off MSRP - but not to same extent as bimmer or G. I was looking to purchase outright not lease so can't comment on how that compares for comparable cars. G lost on build quality and style; BMW lost on style and waaay toooo common and both had inferior AWD systems. I'm generally a 'buy & hold' guy with cars so my "I want (WANT)" impulse won out - am loving my 5!
  • qleqle Member Posts: 4
    I'm going to second packrfan on this one. I was looking at the same three (a5, 335i, g37), plus the c-class. Everybody and their mom drive a 3-series. Granted, the engine is better, but that's it. Style, build quality, interior, awd . . all better on the audi. In my case, it was worth it to forgo the 2500 (plus better MF) bmw was offering to get rid of the 09s. There's a reason audi released the 2010s early and have only discounted very little. Everybody wants one and is willing to pay for it.

Why not pay a little more and get gawking onlookers on the way home?
    Whaddya know. I also drove the G37. Loved the power, did not like my head up against the headliner the entire time, even with the seat as far down as possible. That's a dealbreaker.

I believe the technical term for you two is "enablers." Based on the numbers, it's going to be about $130 more a month for the A5 over the 328. Ouch. And that doesn't include service. Double ouch.
    I've been called many things but "enabler" is new ;) An intervention is required: quick, go to local Audi dealer, test drive a '10 A5 with NewGen nav and B&O, take two aspirin (ok, oxycontin ) for the 'ouch' and sign the paperwork! You won't regret it!

Seriously, I get it - $130 is a big % increase - just wish Audi didn't know they had such a good thing
  • tman20tman20 Member Posts: 1
    Do you know what the residual value is for a 10,000 miles lease, how about 8,000? Are the value yous quoted from Audi or from some other bank? Thanks
    Hey Car_man,

Can you hook me up with September residual and money factor for a 2010 A5 2.0T FSI Quattro, 6MT, Premium Plus, B&O, Sport Package and AudiCare. MSRP is $43,100 (including destination). I'm looking at both 36/12 and 42/12 options. Any help on the numbers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • bballshinobibballshinobi Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys, this is what I was offered. What do you guys think?

2010 Audi A5 2.0 L Premium Plus + Sports Package

$43,075 purhcase price
    $3,521 tax

48 months, 12K,

$2000 down payment
    $693 total monthly (tax included)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Nice choice of replacement vehicles, scanty. I really like the A5. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 2.0L Premium Plus with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00196 and 55%, respectively.

You are correct, AFS' 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year resids.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi tman20. All of the lease programs that I mention in the forums are manufacturers' official programs that are either being run by their captive finance companies. In the event that a brand does not have a captive finance company, I quote the numbers for the bank that it runs its official special lease program through, which 90% of the time is Chase and the other 10% is US Bank.

The low mileage adders for leases vary from bank to bank. Audi Financial Services adds 3% to its 15,000 mile per year residual values for leases with 10,000 miles per year. I'm not sure if one can lease an Audi through AFS with only 8,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
    A big thank you to Car_Man (and qle and packrfan). I pick it up this evening. :)
    Good move! Hee hee - another believer! Seriously, am sure you'll love it. Let us know what you think.
    Had my first road trip this past weekend (300-ish miles, added about 50% to my previous mileage - yes, don't get it out much/enough) and just reinforced what a great vehicle it is: very comfortable, great features/functions, plenty strong performance, good mileage (36 mpg on the highway at 60-80 mph, traffic depending) and some head-turning - got a good look from a girl in bmw coupe, envious, no doubt. Had to immediatly wash it (again, after doing it Friday before leaving) due to bug splatter. Next is Clear Guard for nose, front fenders, etc.
  • jim5penjim5pen Member Posts: 31
    Carman -

Thanks for all the help in these forums. Can you give me the current lease rates for a premium plus 2.0 A5. Looking at 10,000k miles a year for 42 months, would like MF and residuals, Thanks, looking to make a deal in the next week or so, so your quick response is appreciated. You did provide the 36 months for me up above, however the dealer is telling me there are better rates if you go the extra 6 months to 42. Any thoughts on extending to the extra 6 months?
  • bptbpt Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to lease a 2010 A5 2.0T w premium plus and navi.
    MSRP $44,025
    Sales Price: $42,425.00

36 months, 10 miles/year

Dealer has offered $2597 down, $687/month including tax. What do you think?

I was going to counter at $1400, $690/month. Trying to put as little down as possible.

Any advice will be appreciated
    You're very welcome, scanty. Congrats on getting your sweet new ride :shades: . After you take delivery, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem jim5pen. Here's the info that you're looking for. I personally would be hesitant to lease anything for longer than 39 months. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 A5 2.0 Coupe Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00216 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • mbgm12mbgm12 Member Posts: 19
    What's the Money Factor and Residual for a 2010 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible with 15,000 miles/yr for 36 months?

Thanks
    Hello mbgm12. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 2.0T Premium Convertible with 15,000 miles per year is .00139.

Car_man
    Host
  • klutzieklutzie Member Posts: 4
    I recently ordered an

Ibis White 2010 2.0t a5...here is what i got...
    premium plus (without navi)
    milano cinnamon leather, nutmeg laurel wood (comes with the cinnamon seats), wheel locks and thats pretty much it...
    36 months, 10k miles
    MSRP $43005

I was able to get it for $630, NY tax in, $1494 out of pocket (including bank fee, title/license/registration-all the fees)

do you think thats a decent deal?

thanks for all your help!
    I am thinking about leasing the A5 for 3 years, 10k miles. Premium Plus and navi
    msrp around $43k

I live in southern california and I only want to put down drive offs.
    Can someone tell me approx what numbers I should expect on a car like this? Am I crazy if I think I can get $650-680 per month payments?

Any info is much appreciated! Thanks
    HI Car Man. Hoping you can help me
    I am thinking about leasing the A5 for 3 years, 10k miles. Premium Plus and navi
    msrp around $43k

I live in southern california and I only want to put down drive offs.
    Can you tell me approx what numbers I should expect on a car like this?
    How much over invoice should I draw the line? 1k?

Can I expect my payments to be in teh $650 range. I am going to look this weekend and want to have as much knowledge as possible.

Any info is much appreciated! Thanks
  • ibush01ibush01 Member Posts: 6
    Audi's web site advertises a 'special lease' available through Nov. 2 for $489/mo. Looks like it's the Premium trim. I want Premium Plus, never put a down payment on a lease, and need more miles than 10k/yr, so I'm trying to work the numbers (looking to get in around $650/mo).

The site notes: "Advertised lease offers require dealer contribution." Car_man, you've been helpful and have posted the MF for the CABRIO A5 for October. Do you have the current numbers for the coupe? Any word on what this dealer incentive would be, to try to work that into my deal?

Thanks!
  • sham01skisham01ski Member Posts: 13
    Hey carman, can you please post the oct numbers for MF and residual on a Audi A5 3.2 quattro for the premium plus and prestige trimlines for 36 months and 12 and 15k miles.. Thanks in advance...
    So I'm one month and 1000 miles in, and thought I'd stop in to post an update. The A5 is phenomenal. Everything I hoped it would be. The 6-speed helps to keep the 2.0T in it's sweet spot and definitely feels quicker than the automatic.

One bit of advice for those who are looking. DO NOT miss out on the Bang & Olufsen sound system. $850 for 14 speakers and 505 watts of ICEpower digital amplification. The version for the Q7 with 1000 watts is a $6,300 option! Your ears will be smiling. I've fallen back in love with the CD collection, and the SD card slot is very convenient for mp3's. One drawback. The iPod connection for the Audi Music Interface was not designed to work with iPhone, so you have to put it in airplane mode to play tunes. At least it recharges while not interrupting you with incoming calls.

Three tanks of high test and I'm averaging 25+ MPG in suburban cycle driving.
    Hi bpt. Let's work up a sample lease payment on this car and see what we come up with.

First we have to figure out what selling price to use. A 2010 Audi A5 Premium Plus Coupe 2.0 that has an MSRP of $43,000 probably has a spread of around $3,000 between its MSRP and dealer invoice. For now, let's assume that you are able to negotiate a $2,000 dealer discount on this car.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Audi A5 Premium Plus Coupe that has an MSRP of $43,000 and a selling price of $41,000 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $595.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ibush01. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 Coupe 2.0 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00191 and 53%, respectively. This car's 12,000 mile per year residual value would be 2% higher and its 10k resid would be 3% higher.

Other than owner loyalty cash, Audi is not currently offering any cash incentives on this model. Try to negotiate as large a dealer discount as possible. I'd personally shoot for $1,000 over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey sham01ski. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 3.2 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00211 and 54%, respectively.

The residual value for an otherwise identical lease of this car with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • cutigerfancutigerfan Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know Audi's current money factor and residual rates on a 36 mos 12k lease Quattro? Anybody had success in getting a solid discount on the A5 Cabriolet w/ Premium Plus (no navi)?
  • spnatlspnatl Member Posts: 1
    Hi CarMan,

I've heard that Audi has just released the "Seasons of Audi" lease specials. Do you have the residual and MF for a 2010 2.0T with Prestige and Sport packages @ 12k miles and 36 months? Also, can you confirm that if I got the S-Line (instead of the Sport package) it would lower the residual 2%?

Finally, in your judgment, what price over invoice should I target if I have the time and flexibility to order this vehicle from any of four dealerships in the Atlanta area?

Many thanks.
    Hi cutigerfan. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 2.0 Cabriolet Premium Plus without quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00128 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi spnatl. I do indeed have the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 2.0T Coupe Prestige quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00155 and 51%, respectively.

I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the A5 in your neck of the woods, spnatl, but if I was interested in getting this car I personally would aim for around $1,000 over invoice and see what happens. You may be able to get a better idea of how much you should pay by stopping by the "Audi A5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
  • raythomasraythomas Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know how much maintenance for the first 36 months will cost? Is it worth buying the service upfront?
  • jayjay24jayjay24 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

I am interested in the MF and residual on the 2010 A5 6spd manual premium plus for a 36 month lease with 10,000 miles per year
    for the month of november
  • pl123pl123 Member Posts: 1
    I have a question for the 2010 A5 owners. Do you have ambient lighting on the inside of your doors and by your feet? I just turned in my A6 and it had both of these. My A5 does not and I liked the ambient lighting in the A6. just curious....
  • clyonsclyons Member Posts: 2
    Want to order and lease an S% convertable MSRP $68,700.00 The dealers are refusing to either discount or come up with reasonable lease terms of less than $900/month for 36 or 42 months, 10,000 miles a year. They take full advantage of a customer that wants a new model. Any advice where to go?
  • j1j3b7j1j3b7 Member Posts: 4
    can somebody please help me out with a simple answer i dont know how to do the calculations etc..i am looking to lease the base model (quoted between 36-39k), i have 7k down what monthly payment am i looking at for a 36 month lease?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP. and i am not looking for responses on how "stupid" putting 7k down on a lease is. thanks again.
    Hi raythomas. Normally I would say to someone who was going to lease not to bother purchasing a pre-paid maintenance package. All lessees really have to do for their vehicles during the course of a three year lease is change the oil a few times and rotate the tires once or twice. Nothing is going to happen to you if you don't do anything above and beyond that.

Having said that, Audi traditionally boosts the residual values of vehicles that lessees purchase Audi Care on by 1%. As a result, purchasing pre-paid maintenance on an Audi lease often nearly pays for itself. Assuming this offer is still in effect, you should see how much it costs to lease your A5 with and without Audi Care. If the difference isn't much then you may want to consider getting it.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings jayjay24. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 2.0 Coupe Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00155 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi j1j3b7. It is important to understand how leasing works before signing a contract for a vehicle. You definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the car that you want and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

I would be happy to work up a sample payment on the car that you are interested in for you, however in order for me to do so I'm going to need some additional information from you first, such as a detailed description of the exact model that you want, its MSRP, and its approximate selling price (or at least its dealer invoice price. You can find all of the pricing data that you will need over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • j1j3b7j1j3b7 Member Posts: 4
    audi a5 2.0 automatic, msrp- 36,000... invoice- 33,480-35,000.
  • taassstaasss Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have the rates for A5 2.0 Premium Cab with Nav, 12k, 36 months, minimum down.

I pay $560 for a A4 Cab now and have been really surpised by how much dealers are quoting for the A5 equivalent.

Thanks in advance,

Ben
  • kabcpabkabcpab Member Posts: 6
    Looking at a new Audi A5 Premium Plus Quatro with Nav/Sport Pkg. MSRP 44,250.
    Sales Price 39.780. Dealer on 36 Mos/15K Lease NO money down no money out of pocket(Drive Offs). Dealer offered 666.00 per month. 650 Processing Fee 000.155 Rate with 50% Res. Good Deal or Not?
  • ryguyrrs7ryguyrrs7 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I'm looking for a 2010 Audi A5 Prestige Package with Driver Assist. MSRP including destination charge is $47,725. I have had a quote via e-mail as follows:

"42 months with 15k miles per year and $3,000 down plus 1st payment and plates your payment will be $765 x 42 months."

I would like to know the current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease, 15k miles per year.

That quote seems awfully high to me.
  • jantoneljantonel Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

I'm looking at a 2010 Audi A5 3.2 Prem. Plus 6-Speed w/Nav. MSRP 48650, Sales price 46737. Lease 36 month, money rate 0.00240, residual 0.55, allowed miles 10K.

Good deal?
    Hi Ben. Sorry for the delay in my response. I took some time off for the holidays.

Through January 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 Premium Cabrio FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00128 and 54%, respectively.

Audi is scheduled to introduce a new lease program on January 6th. Please feel free to check back with me later this week and I'll give you an update.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ryguyrrs7. Here's the information that you're looking for. Through January 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2010 A5 Coupe Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00217 and 42%, respectively.

This car's 48 month lease program does not look nearly as attractive as its 36 month program, .00155 and 49%.

Audi is scheduled to introduce its new January lease program some time later this week. Please feel free to check back with me for an update.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jantonel. The money factor that you were quoted is a little off. Through January 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate on the 2010 A5 3.2 Coupe Premium Plus is only .00197. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses this factor to calculate your payment.

The car that you described probably has a spread of around $3,300 give or take between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $1,900 dealer discount that you were quoted is probably equivalent to around $1,400 over invoice. That's not bad, but if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition it wouldn't hurt to shop around to see if you can beat this deal by a couple hundred bucks.

Car_man
    Host
  • shayan30shayan30 Member Posts: 7
    Hey Car_Man

I have a offer for a A5 prem plus 2.0T with nav. Sticker price is $44,750. Selling price dealer is offering is $42,485. With a 36 month lease 12,000 miles, $3000 down, payments are $650. For 42 months, payments drop down to $630. Another option is with $2000 down, 36 month lease is $675, 42 month lease is coming out to be $654 a month.

The residual on the 36 month lease given is 53% and 49% for the 42 month lease. I am not sure about the money factor however when we were talking, I did mention the money factor and he said I was right (.00155%). I am not sure if that is what hes calculating the numbers with.

Is this is a good deal? I am not sure if I should put $2000 or $3000 down. I was thinking of putting $3000 and going for 42 months to get 15,000 miles because I am trying to keep the payments around the $650 range max. Would you be able to tell what money rate the dealer is using and What are your thoughts on the numbers given?

Thanks a lot!
  • chillumchillum Member Posts: 3
    Look for the lease spreadsheet on this site and try and work the numbers. it sounds a bit high given the down payment, but it always is clearer on the sheet. i used this and brought my laptop to the dealer. it matched them perfectly and i could work my own numbers. pretty funny.

I did a sign a drive no down, 47 payments at 775 tax inc on an A5 '10 MSRP 50100$. I know i paid a little high but i needed it and they were hard to find out there the way i wanted it. deal on friday and picked up monday.

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/download.htm
This discussion has been closed.