Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

Comments

• sehw1sehw1 Member Posts: 2
    Need help/advice leasing this car...

I'm in love with the car, but don't know what a good deal is. I'm looking at a car that costs $51,975. I want to lease for 3 or 4 years, and put at little as possible down. I've been offered the following:

41months x 828+tx = $909.27 12k/yr with BMW conquest program rates.

How does this sound? I think it could be a pretty bad quote, but it's the only car that is around in the area... any figures would be really appreciated. My current lease is up in three days--need to get a car ASAP!
  • dfa1dfa1 Member Posts: 4
    TOO much!!

If u can live with A6 3.0T Quattro Premium Pkg w/Nav...here:

Leasing
    Start: 03/03/2010 End: 05/03/2010 $599.00 Month
    39 Month Term
    $2550 Down Payment
    $0 Security Deposit (waived)
    10,000 Annual Mileage
    Restrictions Lease is based on 2010 A6 3.0T quattro with Premium Plus Pkg, Tiptronic, navigation system and destination charge. MSRP of $52,425. Advertised lease offers require dealer contribution; final negotiated price may vary by dealer. See dealer for details.
    Comments $3774 due at signing. Dealer participation may vary.

I'm sure Sales Tax NOT included in payment.

Residual = 46%
    MF = 0.0005= 1.2%
  • dfa1dfa1 Member Posts: 4
    This laymans Lease Calc is probably somewhere on this board already, but if any of you can't find it, here it is. Pretty self explanitory if u know: MSRP, Base Cap Cost (final negotiated selling price), Initial up-front Fees, Cap Cost Reduction (your down payment...if any), Residual, MF (interest) and State Sales Tax. At v/least, you'll know if you're being taken to cleaners.

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks for the MSRP, jsk1020. Do you want to finance or lease this car? I thought that you were interested in leasing, but in your last post you said finance. Also, have you negotiated a selling price or come up with one that you're shooting for. I will need toe selling price to calculate a payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jsk1020jsk1020 Member Posts: 3
    I would finance or lease. I want to try and get the college grad option that they offer. I have not negotiated a selling price yet as I am just trying to get a monthly estimate before I talk to them. I was hoping the college grad option would make monthly payments considerably cheaper. Thank you.
    Hi jsk1020. I don't believe that Audi's recent college graduate program is really all that great. If I recall correctly, it just makes Audi Financial Services a little more lenient than it normally be in determining what credit score recent grads qualify for.

I really need an approximate selling price to work up a payment on this car for you, so I'll have to make an assumption.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Audi A5 2.0 Premium Coupe with quattro, an MSRP of $39,995 and a selling price of $38,995 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $566.

Car_man
    Host
  • jj316jj316 Member Posts: 24
    What is the current lease price for a loaded premium plus auto 2.0 A5?

We would like to order another one and was wondering if the prices went down.
  • hasnainhasnain Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'm planning to lease a Black Audi A5 Quattro Coupe with automatic transmission. I want the premium plus version with the sports package on it but no navigation.

I had a couple of questions:

1. Should I put any money down? It lowers my monthly payments but people say it's not a great idea to put any money down when leasing.

2. What are the money factor and residual numbers for a 36 months lease (both for 12,000 and 15,000 miles per year)

3. Is this car a good choice overall in terms of holding it's value and maintenance costs?

I'm planning to buy the car by the end of April and would appreciate any feedback,

Regards,
    Farhan
  • doral33doral33 Member Posts: 2
    Lease deals on A5 cabs look good - I calculate 10% off MSRP as the implied cap cost with a money factor of .002 on the offered Audi deal.

Does this look right and do you agree?

Thanks
  • zupermariozupermario Member Posts: 8
    1) Money down is a gimmick, unless you really have cash to just put out. Most of the time, if you are going to put a few k's down, you might be better off with financing. Putting money down on a lease, to lower a payment in my opinion will only make sense if the interest your paying on is reduced significantly, otherwise keep that money in your pocket

2) Not sure what the rates are for April

3) Value yes, maintenance no. you are highly recommend to get the audi maintenance care and the wheel insurance, lessons learned in my experience with warranty and issues with the roads esp here in NY/NJ... its just not worth the risk. if you want to buy a 45k car, dont treat it like some 15k KIA.
    Hi Farhan. I completely agree with zupermario, one should never put money down when leasing. Consumers who do risk losing part or all of that money if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You are much better off going with a zero down lease.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 Coupe Premium with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 53%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • kayatxkayatx Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2010
    I am getting an A5 2.0 Prem Plus + Nav + OB + Milano Leather in the DC area..

What are the current money factor and residuals for a 15k miles year for 36 or 42 month lease. Can anyone please help?
  • armani335iarmani335i Member Posts: 19
    edited April 2010
    Premium Plus 36 month lease for15K is 49% with MF of 0.00118.

Horrible residual. Maybe better off buying. I was considering this car, but boxsters have much better deal for leasingif you don't mind the 2 seater. You might wanna consider 3 series coupe too. Great lease deals on them, but I had to return my 335i coupe today due to numerous failures.

BTW, if you google few key words, its very easy to find those info.
    Thank you armani335i

Yes, I have decided against the A5. Was at a dealership, was quoted $500 over invoice for a A5 2.0 Quattro Prem Plus for a 15k miles/year and 42 months.. the payments were over $660/month with $1000 out of pocket.
  • ogikogik Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Your posts are very helpful. Im trying to lease an A5 and the dealer is telling me that the residual for a 10K per year lease is 53%. According to some older posts it sounds like it's 58%. What's the right number on this and what is the source?

Much appreciated!
    Ogi
  • levesshlevessh Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2010
    Car_Man,

Could you provide the current money factor and residual for both the A5 2.0 premium plus and the 3.2 premium plus (12,000 miles per year).

I appreciate the help.
  • davinciaudidavinciaudi Member Posts: 14
    was offered the following on 2011 pre-order Audi A5, premium plus, Nav, metalic color, B&O sound system, wood trim:
    MSRP 45750

36 months
    12 K
    0.00099 MF
    Residual 50%
    $2500 down
    no rebates or incentives

monthly lease $695.22!!
    Any thoughts, where should I start negotiantions?
    sounds pretty high.. I was able to get the dealer to go $300 over invoice for the same car... without nav.. out of pocket was $1000, 15k miles and $640/month including taxes in VA..
    Thanks ogik. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium with quattro and 10,000 miles per year are .00099 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, levessh. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 2.0 Coupe Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00099 and 50% respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 A5 3.2 Coupe Premium Plus are .00135 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
  • nico35nico35 Member Posts: 2
    I could lease a 2010 Audi A5 Quattro - 10,000 miles a year for 39 months.
    $3000 down which includes first month and security deposit and $648 a month. Do you think that was a fair deal?
    Here are the options that I selected:
    premium plus package
    bang & olufsen sound system
    navigation plus
    side sills (dealer install)
    blue tooth
  • davinciaudidavinciaudi Member Posts: 14
    I think there is room for negotiations. I got a quote for the exact same A5 for $2500 down at sigh off, 36 months, 12K annually for $695. Your payment is $50 lower but yours is 39 months and 10K and $500 more down. 500/36 months = $14 rough estimate. I did not get any rebates or incentives in my quote. I think you are in the ball park but you probably could reduces down payment by 500 or monthly payment by 20-30 dollars. Good luck. What MSRP did you get, any rebates?
  • mtcarellamtcarella Member Posts: 3
    Car man here is what I got. I feel like it's too much but I'm not sure

2010 A5 Premium Plus
    Nav w/ backup camera
    B & O Sound
    Audi Care
    36/12k
    MSRP 44,875
    Residual 51%
    Money Factor .001140
    $750 credit because I'm coming out of a Benz
    Total out of pocket $1,450
    $720.57 a month payment

Am I getting hosed here?

Thank you

Mike
  • wjf12wjf12 Member Posts: 6
    What kind of credits are available to owners of other makes and what makes are eligible?
    I didn't bring the paper home with me. But I believe it is $750 credit if you currently have a BMW or Benz.

FYI I went and looked at the Acura TL's for the heck of it and it is a much better deal. It's not as stylish as the A5 however the residual is 58% as apposed to 50% and they are willing to work a lot more on the price. I got a TL fully loaded v6 v-tech 305 hp with every possible option they had AWD and the lease price came out to $529 same money down as the A5 which had a monthly payment of $720

Worth taking a look at
  • pedro45pedro45 Member Posts: 17
    Two problems with the TL

1) FWD
    2) The way the car looks....I am sorry but the styling on the new TL is simply poor, at best.....the rear especially. It looks like it was designed on a Lego set. IMHO
    Actually the one I'm looking at has AWD but I do agree, the A5 has a much better design. But personally I can't justify it for an additional $170 a month. Where I am in North Jersey there are pretty much none in stock and they are in high demand. They have no need to work the numbers with me. I hope where you are there is more inventory and you can work a better number than I was able to. Good Luck, hope you get what you are looking for!
  • zupermariozupermario Member Posts: 8
    I hate to say this, but wheneva you are going to a high line luxury vehicle.. there is ALWAYS going to be a better deal on paper financially.

If you are looking for someone to help you justify making a 600+ payment on a 2 door vehicle, I just dont see that happening.

some things in life you pay, and theres no rhyme or reason. To compare an ACURA to an AUDI really isnt apples to apples, because the car experience that both companies are aiming for is north and south.

Buy the car thats best for you, and if money is the biggest factor, then buy the car you can really afford.
  • rl1208117rl1208117 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

Can you please provide the June Residual and MF for 2010 A5 2.0 Premium and Premium plus 36 months, 12k miles per year.

thanks

rl
  • doral33doral33 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Can you please provide the June Residual and MF for 2010 A5 2.0 Prestige plus 36 months, 10k miles per year.

thanks
    Hi rl1208117. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 2.0 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00099 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 A5 2.0 Premium Plus are .00099 and 50%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it to current Audi, BMW, and Mercedes owners.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, doral33. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 2.0 Prestige Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00099 and 49%, respectively.

As I mentioned in my previous post, when negotiating your deal on this car make sure to take advantage of the $750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it to Audi, BMW, and Mercedes owners if you're eligible for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • alfiesf2001alfiesf2001 Member Posts: 2
    Guys,
    I've been offered the following lease on an A5 premium...black on black, blue tooth, ipod interface & a couple of other options

3000 down
    560 per month (including taxes)
    3yrs/15000 miles per year

Is this a good deal?

Thanks!
  • nico35nico35 Member Posts: 2
    It seems like a great deal. I had a 2007 Audi A6 that I leased for $750 a month including tax.. It was fully loaded, so your deal is sweet!
    Nico
  • alfiesf2001alfiesf2001 Member Posts: 2
    Appreciate your response. Thanks!
  • omichelomichel Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

Do you know when Audi Financial will release the lease numbers for the 2011 A5 models?

I placed a deposit on an A5 Premium Plus w/navi, BO system and spt package. Was hoping they would have some lease specials for their 2011 models when released.

Dealers have very limited 2010 inventory. South Florida had 4 between 2 dealers!

thanx
    Hi alfiesf2001. Let me begin by saying that $3,000 is a lot of money to put down on a lease. I personally always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible when leasing. You will have to pay a few items at lease signing, like your vehicle's first month's payment, security deposit, acquisition fee, etc... but you really shouldn't make any sort of capitalized cost reduction.

Consumers who make large cap cost reductions on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, you will be safer going with a zero down lease.

As far as how good a deal this is goes, it would be easier to tell if you provided us with this car's MSRP and selling price first. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn whether there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will give you their opinion on them.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi omichel. Audi doesn't have a lease program for any 2011 models yet. I don't know exactly when the 2011 A5 will launch, but it's possible that it won't be for another several months. When did the dealer tell you that your ordered A5 will arrive?

Car_man
    Host
  • omichelomichel Member Posts: 3
    The dealer said around early to mid August , but once Audi has the lease programs for the 2011's they'll call me in. I left a $1k deposit to ensure the vehicle. It is a worry free, no penalty deposit. If we can't agree I get my money back, which is great.
  • aiduaneaiduane Member Posts: 15
    Car man - what are the current lease figures for a 36/39 month lease, 15k miles, for a A5, 3.2 prestige? What is your fealing on the figures for July and August...think better to wait? I have a Infinity G35 that I am coming out of by Sept 1...Thanks!
  • mrmanny65mrmanny65 Member Posts: 1
    I am about to commit to a lease or purchase of a new 2010 A5 with the Prestige package(req by s line) and s-line option and driver assist. Color is black/black and is a 2.0t automatic. The dealer just got it in and said it is the only one in the southeast that has all my features. What is a good 36 mth lease w/ 2500 down and 10k miles/yr and purchase number for 60 mth with 2500 down?
  • supiansupian Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

I am from Ann Arbor, MI and I just got a quote from my local dealer:

2011 automatic 2.0T Premium Plus
    B&O
    MSRP 43,250
    Dealer price 41,250

36mo, 12,000mi lease: $1500down, 625/mo inclusive of 6% tax

Is this a good number? Is there any incentives/specials for lease packages?

I appreciate the help in advance!
  • jknautjknaut Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

I recently received a quote on a 2010 S5 with Prestige package (DC Metro).
    MSRP: $63,200
    Negotiated Price: 60,750

For a 12k/36 month lease, the dealer provided a residual of 51% and APR of 7.76% (mf ~0.003233). The money factor seems incredibly high. Would you happen to know the current money factor for this car?
    Hi aiduane. Through July 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 Coupe 3.2 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00155 and 46%.

It's difficult to say what Audi's July lease program will be like for this car. With the 2011 models arriving soon and the beginning of a new quarter, its residual values are almost certain to fall. The question is how much will Audi enhance the A5's money factors by...just enough to offset the drop in residuals, not even enough to do that, or enough to make a meaningful improvement in this car's program. It is difficult to say at this point.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi supian. The car that you described probably has a spread of around $2,800 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $2,000 dealer discount that you were quoted looks reasonable to me.

Audi is not providing any cash incentives on 2011 models yet.

Just make sure that the dealer uses Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00172 to calculate your car's payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jknaut. Nice car :shades: . Here's the info that you're looking for.

Through July 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 S5 Coupe Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00196 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for the S5 Cabriolet Prestige is exactly the same, but its residual value for an otherwise identical lease is 54%.

As you can see, the dealer is really messing with this car's lease program...which is not entirely surprising given how expensive and likely in limited supply this car is. You may want to shop around to see if you can find a different dealer that is willing to be more reasonable with the lease program. Either that or try negotiating with this dealer a little more.

Car_man
    Host
  • uniqueinvestoruniqueinvestor Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    I was just quoted at the dealer.. 39 month 12k/yr 2010 S5 prestige (sticker of $62,625) with a sale price of $60,250.. they quoted me .00197 and 48% residual value. with using AFS for the lease. how come you have a higher res and almost same money factor?
    Hey uniqueinvestor. Here's the new July lease program for this car.

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 S5 Prestige Convertible with 12,000 miles per year are .00213 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • billymaybillymay Member Posts: 59
    Sounds very good.

On a similarly equipped car, but with meteor grey paint, I was offered:

$1900 down
    $587/month including taxes

3yrs/12000 miles
  • hecarahecara Member Posts: 45
    Could someone please share the current MF and residual for the Audi 2.5? Not sure what options yet, but I am buying in Texas.

Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.