Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

Comments

• ilan1ilan1 Member Posts: 5
    To follow up on my previous post, after some reniging by the dealer, I "closed" on the following deal:

2011 A5, w/Premium Plus, NAV, and Audi Car. For a 42 month lease, w/10k miles/yr, I was offered the following terms:

MSRP: $45,125
    Monthly Base: $537.79 (before tax)
    Residual Factor: 55%
    Money Factor: .00192

What's confusing me is that the "term sheet" says the CashSalesPrice is only $43629.10, but the CapReduction says $2447.41.

Also, as an aside, they will not have the car till next week, so they didn't want me to sign the contract till then, even though they asked me for a $500 deposit. Is it possible the money factor decreases for Sep., and I can still get a better deal?

Thoughts? Thanks for all the help everyone!
  • nikminnikmin Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2010
    My objective was least down (including all fees), along with capcost at invoice price.

2011 A5 - Prem PLus + Nav + Milano leather + Misc..(Pearl effect blue + Exhaust tips + Wheel locks)
    MSRP: $46600
    Invoice price shown: $44222 (Edmunds was $43400) - some additional southern california fees :( (I am in nor-cal and need my specific color car moved from San Diego)
    Cap cost with Audi care added: $45012
    Money factor: 0.00172
    Residual: 59% (was 58% but I asked for splitting audi care cost, so moved this up 1%)
    10K Miles/yr (36 months)
    Money Down including all fees and 1st month payment: $550 (this is where I took the $1750 discount against all fees + 1st month payment).
    Monthly payment: $611 + tax (9.25%!!! - California) = $668

Total of all payments (including taxes+return fee) over 3 years = $25012.

Car_man - all analysis on this deal appreciated.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, ilan1. The easiest way to evaluate this deal is to look at this car's selling price relative to its MSRP. Doing so will enable us to see how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what the selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I'd be happy to help you out, jonsun.

Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00172 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00192 and 53%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00192 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jonsun. The car that you described, an '11 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with the leather upgrade, probably has a spread of just under $3,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $1,000 over invoice...which sounds very reasonable to me.

Just make sure that the dealer uses Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00192 to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Nice car, vasd. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' August buy rare lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S5 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00172 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00192 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wilson66. The residual value that you were quoted is right on the money, but the money factor is a little high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier for a 36 month lease of this car is only .00172.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey nikmin. Sales tax certainly is getting outrageous. If you think that it's bad on a lease, try a rental car. I rented an Explorer recently for $500-something per week and after all of the taxes and two car seats were added to the cost I ended up paying over $800 :surprise: .

This looks like a good deal to me. Did you pull the trigger on the deal?

Car_man
    Host
  • ilan1ilan1 Member Posts: 5
    Car_Man,

The CashSalesPrice is $43629.10. I realize that this is only about $1500 less than the MSRP ($45,125), or about $1500 above invoice, but when I called around a few other dealers, no one wanted to beat it. I would still like to get a better price if at all possible (I have grad. school loans after all!). Is it worth asking them to discount the audicare perhaps?

Thanks again.

Ilan1
    Yes I did pull the trigger (the car is at the port of San Diego - being moved within the week).
    I have to return my 2008 Audi TT 2.0 (red/black, loaded, excellent condition) in 2 days, residual was $25K. I tried to negotiate some extra $$ for taking this A5 deal, but they wouldn't budge. CPO value shows $32K on the TT but the margin is too low for the dealer.
    Car_man - Thanks for your feeback
  • irbsailirbsail Member Posts: 2
    which dealership was this? I am in LA and am getting nothing but a runaround on an A5 lease.
  • seaweed1seaweed1 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2010
    Hi, Car Man:
    Can you tell me if you think it is better to wait until 9/5 to see if the MF/residuals are better? Does it work differently if the dealer goes with Audi Financial or US Bank as they are giving me a better deal today thru USBank on a premium plus no nav at $665/Mo tax incl, 42 months, 12K per year lease. Total out of pocket is $1,000.00 and I am in NJ. What do you think?
    Regards,
    Dave
    Hey ilan1. Given the fact that this is an A5 and not a more mass market vehicle like an A4, I'm not completely surprised that dealers are sticking to their guns and charging $1,500 over invoice. That's not a terrible price. If you've already comparison shopped with multiple dealers in your area and they were not willing to beat this offer, that might be the best that you can do on this car in your neck of the woods right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Dave. Unfortunately, it's difficult to say what Audi's September lease program will be like when it is introduced on the 7th.

I personally usually try to lease vehicles through manufacturers' captive finance companies, however US Bank is very reputable so I wouldn't have a problem leasing through them if the deal was significantly better.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks, Car Man! The US Bank deal is over $100/month less than the Audi Financial quote so I am going with it and picking the car up tonight. Many thanks for your quick reply. I was just thinking that better deals might come out in September as we move out of convertible season but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth on this one!
  • inctomi1inctomi1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

Can you give me the MF and residual on a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium plus (+ Navi, wood trim, Bang Olufsen) 12K miles for 39 months and 42 months please. I am hoping to finalize a selling price today afternoon and taking it from there.

Thanks much,
    IncTomi
  • azarmazarm Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I finally leased my Audi 2011 A5 Coupe Premium plus (+ Navi, Bang Olufsen, and All Weather Floor Mats with Audi Care which coves all the car services/Oil change through out the lease) for 42 months to replace my Porsche Boxer. It came down to $3000 down plus $607/month and %53 residual value! Is it a good deal Car Man?

Thanks,
    -Ash
  • vasdvasd Member Posts: 7
    Thanks Car Man. My S5 not delivered yet but due on 9/13/10
    Would you happen to have September Lease rates available for my S5 coupe- premium plus manual with nav , b&o and metallic paint.
    MSRP 59150 dealer agreed to 56100 to either buy or lease.

Looking for 36 or 39 month lease 15K miles a year min out of pocket expense
    What would lease rate money factor and residual value be?

Thank you again in advance for your help
  • Jake1281Jake1281 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please post the September MF and Residual for an '11 A5 Premium Plus, 36 & 42 Months with 10K Miles Year.

Thanks!
  • jessejames7jessejames7 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car Man

I'm hoping to get the residual % for a 2011 A5 Cab (convertible), 3 years and for both 10,000 and 12,000 per year. (My first convertible - are residuals generally lower for them?). And the September money factor?

Thanks

James
    Hey, James:
    I do not have that info but for comparison, I just picked up a 2011 A5 Cab in NJ with Premium Plus but no nav-MSRP $48,845 for $665/month, 42 months, 12K miles per yr/total out of pocket $1,000.00. I hope you can use that as a comparison to the dealer offers you are getting. The car is hard to find in the right color/options as there are not many out there in this area. Good Luck!
    Regards,
    Dave
  • jessejames7jessejames7 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. Backing into your numbers implies a residual in the low-50%s which seems to make sense. Lower than a coupe. They're hard to find out here (northern Cal) as well. What happened with this model? Did Audi get overly cautious with their production runs because of the fragile recovery, and now regrets it?
    I closed this deal in northern cal (Livermore Audi). If you are not specific about the color/interior, it looks like there are deals to be had.
  • NormWNormW Member Posts: 16
    I have this offer on the table and wanted to see if I should pull the trigger:
    Southern California
    2011 A5 Premium (meteor gray, bluetooth, ipod, exhaust tips, wheel locks)
    MSRP: $40,350
    Selling Price: $38,380 ($400 over invoice)
    62% residual of MSRP ($25,017)
    .00212 rate, 36 months (my credit is average, so unfortunately that's what I qualified for)

$505/month + tax ($1720 total drive-off - $0 down, $0 security, just first month, AF, and license, reg, etc...)

Sounds good?
    Thanks for your help!
  • mukeshbmukeshb Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like a great deal.Selling price $1,000 below invoice.
    My credit is excellent and in Northern VA very few Audi A5 left. I had

Audi A5 2011 prem (deep pearl, bluetooth, ipod, mats, heated seats)
    MSRP $40790
    3yr/36,000
    Audi care included
    $605/month total(includes taxes)
    $2000 down includes first month payment
    I don't know, James, but finding the exact color combo/options was a nightmare but I got very close to everything I wanted. There are so few A5 Cabs out there and most people are ordering them and waiting 12 weeks. This being the only all wheel drive convertible, you would think they would be pumping them out like crazy!
    You're very welcome, seaweed1. A hundred bucks a month is a lot of money. I would have gone with the US Bank lease, too.

I don't recall seeing Audi make any significant enhancements to its lease program for the A5 in September, but your hunch was close...BMW recently slashed its lease payments on the Z4 by around $100 per month.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, IncTomi.

Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00192 and 55%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00192 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your awesome new car, Ash. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your deal. It would be much easier for me and others to give you their opinion on it if you provided us with your car's MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is more difficult to tell how marge a dealer discount you were given. Let us know and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will let you know what they think.

In the meantime, enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    No problem vasd.

Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00176 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00196 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, Jake1281. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Premium Plus Coupe with quattro and 10,000 miles per year are .00172 and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00192 and 56%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00192 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • sevoolig2310sevoolig2310 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I really want the A5 Convertible but trying to see what is a good market value for the car. I'm being offered 2.5k drive off with 560/month on $44k MSRP.
    Please advise

Thanks for your help
  • nesodian1nesodian1 Member Posts: 1
    I am going into an Audi dealer this Saturday to negotiate on an A5. Can anyone tell me what would be an acceptable offer on an entry level Premium Plus model with an MSRP of $ 43,820. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Hey James. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 Cab Premium FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00140 and 59%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sevoolig2310. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what this car's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • azarmazarm Member Posts: 2
    That's a good point :))... MSRP: $44,675 and the selling price: $43,230 (I was told that they have to give me the Audi care for free to make the numbers!). The best part is that this was the exact car that I was looking for.
  • wjun71wjun71 Member Posts: 3
    could you check whether my deal is good or bad?

2011 audi s5 premuim auto
    navi
    sports differential
    stainless steel inlays
    19" tri-spoke
    MSRP $60,055
    selling price $56,404( $700 over invoice)

leasepayment $888.12 (including calli tax 8.75%)
  • micosilvermicosilver Member Posts: 212
    Wjun71,

From where I stand (Audi Internet Sales Manager) - if you got anything off MSRP on an S5, and your payment is below $1,000 - you got a great deal.
    We are sold out of S5's and we sell all of them for MSRP - including demos with 3,000 miles on the clock.

Mico
  • wjun71wjun71 Member Posts: 3
    thank you.so i will grap this deal...
    that's why all the other dealer ignored my price offer.
    waiting for the dealer's reply.
  • usmarinecorpsusmarinecorps Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2010
    Hey Car Man, just got back from audi and was quoted some prices. Ended up going straight to BMW which I will post in the proper forum after I received these numbers.

I currently have my 4th audi in a row, this would be my fifth.

The prices I received on the Audi A5 Premium package were with 10,000 miles a yr
    2011 A5 - .00172 and 58% residual which I got from this forum were the same.

$3150 taxes and fees down, first payment
    $528 a month 36 month lease ... can you tell me if this was a good deal, or the best they could do ? (Long island, NY)

Also same package, the Q5 $571 a month after $3300 down for 36 months 10,000miles

and also asked for the a4 price, same package and miles..
    $3000 down and $498 a month.

Are these all standard/good prices for a lease or are they trying to pull a fast one?

Thanks so much.
  • walcor34walcor34 Member Posts: 2
    Hello:
    Does anyone know what the invoice/cost to dealer is for the A5 with the Titanium package?

From Audi's website I get an MSRP of $47,040 with 2.0 TFSI® Premium Plus ($41,490) meteor pearl gray ($475) Titanium ($1,650) Navigation ($2,550) and destination charge ($835)

Thanks so much.
  • micosilvermicosilver Member Posts: 212
    Walcor,

Dealer invoice should be $43,810 plus about $500 in regional charges and PDI.
    Destination charge is $875, BTW.

Mico
  • dvaldval Member Posts: 13
    New here and to Audi. A5 is my next car but need to see teak brown and shara silver on the A5 in person. The dealers seem to have only black and white. I'm in Central Jersey. Where is the best place to see the cars I need to see? Who is the biggest in Jersey? Thanks for any help.
  • crash2037crash2037 Member Posts: 3
    Hello all... I am looking into almost the same setup of the A5 couple as walcor. I would like to pick up the premium plus (41,490) in brilliant black, titanium sport package (1,650), navigation (2,550), destination charge (875). Total MSRP is 46,565. I am test driving this car this coming friday. I would really appreciate it if someone can tell me what a good deal would be for a 36 month lease with no money down.

Thanks in advance.
  • sevoolig2310sevoolig2310 Member Posts: 2
    The residual on the car is at 60%, the money factor is .00192 so your best bet is going to be lowering the cost of the car, bringing the dealer down as much as possible on the price.
    I got the base model with the premium package, nothing major with an MSRP of $44,565, got the following deal:
    $2,500 total drive off, $575/month including tax, even though I usually don't get anything extra when I lease, I added the servicing package for a total of $588/month
    Hi usmarinecorps. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted look good. They're right in line with Audi's current program for this car.

The other important aspect of this deal, besides the payment of course, is this car's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. It is difficult to evaluate if there is any room left to negotiate on your deal without knowing this car's MSRP and selling price. Let us know and I'm sire that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • morriemorrie Member Posts: 1
    Can you please tell me if this is a good deal to lease or should I purchase?

2011 A5, premium plus sahara silver with Nav

MSRP. $45,740
    Sell price $44,367
    Taxes- $2709.47 (seems high for PA)
    72 months (purchase) @ 4.4%
    760.98 / month

Lease for 42 months @ 00.242 money factor. ... 656.15 plus tax = 715.20/month
  • jbc74jbc74 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a
    Audi A5 ice silver light grey interior with walnut trim in either standard premium.
    My trade in is a Jeep Wrangler 2005, 52,300 miles, black, auto, cd player, a/c. wear and tear. kbb about $11,500/12,000. i owe 12.5k so estimated $1.5k negative equity.
    I'm looking for a 36 month lease with 0 down, 12,000 miles/year and monthly payment of high 400's low $500's. I've been getting ok figures from some CA dealers but not the spec I need.
    I've also been looking at the premium plus with nav.
    I got this from one dealer:
    Lease including trade in $504 plus tax for 48 months and $544 for 36 months with $0.00 down

- Is this a good deal?
    - What other questions do I need to ask at this stage when contacting dealers (aside from mileage limits included)?
    - I can't find the car I want in CA, should I look in other states, like Arizona?

any advice much appreciated.

thanks

jeremy
  • warren026warren026 Member Posts: 1
    I just received several quotes from two different Audi dealers on Long Island NY, and they seem very steep. The quotes are for a:

2011 Audi A5 Premium Plus / auto transmission
    Deep Sea Blue Pearl effect / Cinnamon brown milano leather int.
    Bang & Olufsen sound system

This car's MSRP is $44,690, yea I have been getting quotes of $575 a month / $5,100 down, $620 a month / 3300 down, and $680 a month / 1,500 down , all 12,000 miles / year and 36 month. These all seem real high for that MSRP. I can get a $44,000 2011 BMW 328xi coupe with the same MSRP , and 15,000 miles a year for $525 a month and 2,500 down. Is this the going rate for A5's or am I just getting ridiculous quotes?
    hey, Warren:
    I say it's very high. In September I leased a 2011 A5 Cabriolet with an MSRP of $48,885 for $650/month with only $1,000 TOTAL out of pocket in NJ but it was for 42 months. Still much better, I think with a much higher MSRP than your quotes.
    Regards,
    Dave
This discussion has been closed.