Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Ram Steering Problems

oldie2oldie2 Member Posts: 1
edited December 2015 in Dodge
Is it possible to adjust the power steering box on this dodge truck
[non-permissible content removed]

Comments

• steckslmsteckslm Member Posts: 1
    I replaced the steering box three times on my ram. It is still loose. The rest of the steering is tight but the shaft on the box looks to be lose ive tryed to adjust the box, too tight gives me memory steer. Love the truck, hate to drive it. Took it to many mech. there all clueless. Someone please helppppppppppp.
  • michellem13michellem13 Member Posts: 1
    While making a left turn my the steering on my 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 went bad. While trying to change lanes to the right my stering was hard to turn and it seemed as if I was still turning left while in fact I was moving toward the right in an effort to switch lanes. It almost seems as if the pwer steering pump has gone out but I am uncertain about this or the fact that my steering wanted to stay turned (to the left) while I was driving straight and moving toward the right hand lane. Can any one point me in the right direction?
  • cummins85cummins85 Member Posts: 1
    hey man did you have any luck with the post on steering being loose? i have the same exact problem with my cummins.i put a agr steering 2 box on it .and it is no different.let me know .thax
  • wbarneswbarnes Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same loose steering problem with my 01 dodge 2500.The gearbox input shaft has a lot of play with no movement on the output.Is this gearbox adjustable?
  • yotachevyotachev Member Posts: 3
    After 2 months of scratching my head over my newer cummins steer issue. I believe the solution assuming ALL steer conponents are tight and in good condition is... BD offers a steering box stabilizer that assist in locking your frame rails to the steering gear or sector shaft to reduce steering gear twisting from high torque and weight of the cummins eng.. thus eliminating most of the dodge wander...
  • cummins01cummins01 Member Posts: 1
    Hey was wondering if you ever figured out your steering problem? I have the same problem! Installed new track bar,ball joints,tie rod ends and it still wonders all over the road! Let me know if you have any ideas Thanks
  • tamestames Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2007.5 2500 with a Cummins that I have put over $2000.00 dollars in the front end and it still steers like a herd of cows. Anybody else have a solution to the problem. The truck has just over 50,000 miles
    I have spent many hours on the notorious dodge wander and hope my check list will eliminate most of your wander assuming your truck is stock..
    1)check tire pressures/ tires and vehicle toe in...
    2)check for excessive play in tie rod and draglink ends.
    3)remove dampener/steer stabilizer check absorbtion
    4)check for worn u joints on steer shaft
    5)lift truck and check front wheel bearings for excessive play
    6)with truck lifted check ball joints
    7)with truck still lifted place a long screwdriver between the upper ball joint and axle.
    the upper ball joint must move a slight up and down. if no movement replace upper ball joint with dodge ball joints only..
    8)Check steering gear/ steer box for excessive play
    9)install BD steer stabilizer
    hope some of the info helps in isolating the dodge wander problem
    Thanks for the response, I have done everything on your list except the BD steer stabilizer, I will try that next.
  • blue06megablue06mega Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 2500 Dodge Mega cab Hemi with 39,000 miles. I have had many problems with it. My transmission, my fluids leaking, my electrical system, my steering. I have also had it to many different dealers, the first one said they didn't see any problems. The second found the leak in my heater core. then it went down hill with the steering. They second dealer replaced the pitman arm, there was still something wrong, the third one replaced my ball joints, there is still something wrong with it. I took it back to the dealer they told me cant help u sorry. I have tried to get a factory rep. Im not getting anywhere with that. I have checked the tires, the air pressure, and just about everything else. Anybody have any ideas.
  • peteicmpeteicm Member Posts: 2
    I know everyone writes small post but I feel you may need to hear the whole story in order to help me I own a awesome 2006 Dodge 2500 Hemi Quad Cab 6' Bed Pick up. I love my truck for a about six months out of a year, I have a Knocking problem in the steering, you can feel it in the pedals as well. You don't feel the knocking at high speed usually around 25 to 45. After only having the truck 6 months i had it in the shop. the mechanic told me that my truck was the first of the dealership to have the problem, they called in some big shot to identify the problem, that was after they replaced the u joints the hubs parts in the supension, The final answer was the INTERMEDIATE SHAFT, I remarked something like you had my truck for a week, I don't even know what that is, truck drove great for 6 months then back agian. I have replaced the Intermediate shaft four times in three years, So just a month ago its back knocking agian i brought the truck to a different dealer, that said that it was the upper and lower ball joints I had them replaced, well now its still knocking and at 65 i have a quick vibration in the steering. I did tell them about my history with the shaft problem they disregarded it and made me pay 1500 for new ball joints and the problems are worse. Some one please help
  • oldvermonteroldvermonter Member Posts: 1
    I don't know if this will help, but everybody with steering problems take a look at this site. I haven't tried these yet. www.lukeslink.com I've got other problems, I have a vacuum pump oil supply line leak and no vacuum so I have no 4 wheel drive.
  • lencholencho Member Posts: 1
    I'm have the same problem. Did you ever figure it out.
  • pbdrawpbdraw Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Dodge ram 2500 5.9 turbo deisel.
    I have replaced tires, up/low ball joints, tie rod ends, axle shaft ujoints, brakes. The truck seems to wander or dart from side to side. Feelslike I have no control. The faster you go the worse it is. The problem is, before I replaced everything the steering was great..
    Are the upper ball joints factory or aftermarket.. The uppers must have a slight up and down play... If seized your 04 ram 2500 will dangerously dart especially over any bumps!!! Make sure all steer joints are tight, sames with wheel bearings and wheel allignment.
  • nathan16nathan16 Member Posts: 1
    My 98 Ram 1500 is hard to steer. Is there an adjustment that I can make to change the amount of effort it takes turn the steering weel? It has been this way since it was new.

I think I have the 'wandering' issue same as everyone else but having to make those constant corrections with, what feels like 3/4th power steering is wearing on me, it makes driving the truck a chore requireing constant attention.

Thanks, Nathan
  • gtex1gtex1 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2008 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 4WD Laramie in November of 2008. Soon after the purchase I started feeling some slack in the steering wheel while turning and in curves on the highway. I took it to the dealer ship and they replaced a couple of steering part, but it did not cure the problem. The last time they just said they didn't know what the problem was and didn't want to work on it anymore. I took it to another dealership and after at least 3 separate attempts, they located the problem. It was the steering gear box. They replaced it. This cured my problem until last week when I was driving on my ranch (thankfully, at a very slow speed) the steering gear box came loose from the mount and I lost all control. The initial diagnosis was that the bolts had broken, so new bolts were ordered. When they attempted to re-mount it, the threads were stripped inside the box. Ordered a new gear box. Tried to mount it and the bolts that had been ordered initially were too long. They were the bolts that Dodge calls for. Now they are having to contact Dodge and try to find out why the bolts they recommend are too long. I think this could have been the problem that caused the most recent box to come loose. I really like the truck, but don't fee safe with it now, so am going to pursue the Lemon Law and see how that goes.
    *The current dealership is doing their part to cure my problem and I am thankful for that.
  • randyfrischrandyfrisch Member Posts: 9
    Get an alignment, and make sure that the toe is NOT set to 0 degrees, as having tires that are dead ahead will cause a vehicle to wander and feel "darty", as if something were loose, or it was in "ruts".... hope this helps.
  • hytekrednekhytekrednek Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    What's the difference between a gas 4x4 2500 steering gear and a diesel 4x4 2500 steering gear? Can I use the the one off of a diesel on my gas model or make some small mods to make it work? Check out these 2 videos that a guy made showing how he replaced his 2nd gen steering gear with a 3rd gen to fix the notorious wander.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_UCU_53U6Q&NR=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3za1PmLl_dQ&feature=channel
  • randyfrischrandyfrisch Member Posts: 9
    Should be the same gearbox diesel vs gas...
  • lucaswlucasw Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever find an answer to this problem I have an 07 1500 mega cab hemi 4x4 with approximately 70k it has the same problem. Any help would be great.
  • huffmanclarkhuffmanclark Member Posts: 2
    i have a 2006 2500 cummins. i have a problem with whenever i hit a bump at highway speeds i get a terrible shaking in the steering wheel and front end. i have put new shocks on new steering stabalizer shock torshion bar u-joints on the axle and had the gear box tightend but no of that seems to work. has anyone else had this problem or know what i can do to fix it? any help would be appriciated.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    This is the infamous "Death Wobble" that Rams will exhibit. The parts you want to check are your front end ball joints. If they're bad/loose, do not replace them with factory parts - go with Moog aftermarket units.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • huffmanclarkhuffmanclark Member Posts: 2
    thanks for the info the dealer changed the ball joints and it went away for a little while but its back now. i guess i will try puting some aftermarket ones on. I cant seem to find any thing else that works.
    I had the same problem with my 2007 2500 Ram Cummins. Replaced the whole damn front end with OEM parts except the ball joints which were Moog greasable. After they are installed you cannot get to the zerks,what good is that? Check your tires before spending any more money on it one or more may have broke down and it is not visibile from the out side. If you have added aftermarket springs to the rear check that they are properly torqued and alined.
  • rammingspeed97rammingspeed97 Member Posts: 2
    Hey for CumminsO!, Cummins85 & all:

I had the same issue on my 1996 Ram truck and, like you, had checked or replaced all the typical front end parts: track bar, tie rod ends, steering box, intermediate shaft, etc. Still it wandered (even though it did track better after those parts upgrades...), all over the road, like it was not a steering gear issue, but rather a control input issue, making me suspect the column.

Turns out, the factory steering column in our 94-02 Ram trucks has a lower bearing (internal) that goes out of kilter, wears out, and and that causes the inner shaft to wobble, increasing play as the inner shaft flops side to side. (Can't really be seen or easily sensed as it's inside the column shell)
    It can also cause some rattling or clunking noises - I already had some play but then the noise showed up in the pedals & steering wheel to, over rough pavement.

Of course, the genuises at Dodge only sell the whole column, no parts available.

Good news is some Dodge enthusiasts have figured out a fix / upgrade.

I tried it, install was not too hard - well written instructions - and now the clunk is gone, and steering is tightened up considerably...plus it was the cheapest single part of all the steering upgrades at $ 60, lol.

www.RockSolidRamTruckSteering.com
  • rammingspeed97rammingspeed97 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Nathan:

Hope this is of help: My '97 Ram truck had the same issue, plus clunking & rattling noise. This is a super elusive problem - with all manner of parts sold to fix it - most of 'em cost a pretty penny. Turns out the stock factory column has a bad lower bearing - but Dodge doesn't sell any parts - just the whole column for $ 1000 or so.

Boy was I surprised to find this fix, and it was the cheapest of all the parts for my front end - $ 60 !!.

Thank Goodness, I figured it out before blowing another $ 500 on an un-needed steering box & $ 300 on an intermediate steering shaft.

Here's a YouTube video I discovered that shows the parts in the OEM steering column that go bad - and how to fix the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28cdIPJwDC4

Good luck on fixing your issue !

97RammingSpeed :D
  • dh56dh56 Member Posts: 7
    ok bud, check this out. there is a recall for our yr of dodge/cummins and it has to do with the steering linkage. the danger here is that I did some research and some people have had catastophic failures with the tie rods and suspension parts such as the pitman arm and linkage in between. so take it to the dealer asap. let me know how it goes for ya.
  • dimebagdimebag Member Posts: 2
    Hello,im new to this site but have some serious questions for you Dodge Diesel Pros out there!! I have a 03 Dodge 2500 5.9 diesel. I went to the store the other day & when i parked my truck it was fine. when i came back out i went to leave & i had no power steering & my brakes were almost non existant!! i talked to some people & was told it was the hydro booster so i ordered a used one & put it on. Same stupid problem even after a booster replacement. I was told maybe the p.s pump was putting out enuf pressure to work the brakes but not steering. Well i put on a p.s pump today,which was a b****! after all the work i bled out the system & same problem still!! The steering gear box was replaced 2 mnths. ago. The problem im having now is the truck will turn to the left when you are moving but when you turn right its almost impossible to turn. it makes a wierd kinda hissing & gurgling sound. sounds like its coming from rite by the steering colum. Any input would be greatly appreciated!! Sorry for the long story but just wanted to be thorough so i can get a good answer. Thanks in advance for your help!!!! :sick:
    ok so, you have two issues rather than just one with multiple culprits. First off, the power steering and brakes operate on two separate systems. The parts that you have changed out should have fixed the issues atleast your brakes should have come back when you replaced the booster and then your power strng should have come back when you replaced the gearbox. So that all leads me to look at the ECM (engine control module) which regulates the pressures of all these types of functions. Take it into the dealer and ask them to REFLASH your ECM and or CPU for the truck cause you have irratic behavior of those funtions for steering and braking, and they should do this right away because it is a VERY BIG SAFETY HAZARD for Chrystler should you have wreck (God forbid) because of it and if you have to make a big ruckus about it with the manager at the shop if they give you a hassel, but try to be NICE yet firm at first. This could be the difference between getting what you need at a good price if you dont still have warranty. Also you could bring in copies of complaints from this website (which is what I would do) as many as you can find and show them to the dealer manager and say that you love the truck and the engine but you cannot risk your life and or family on it. hope this all helps you. good luck.
  • dimebagdimebag Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the input. now that you say something about the ECM that makes me think they did something wrong to my truck the last time i took it in. it had a recall that required them to reflash the ECM due to something that was wrong.ive only put about 100 miles on it since theyve done that. that does make most sense because of the way it happened.i just had no idea the ECM controlled the pressure of those items.Thanks again for the help!!!
    ofcourse, no problem. That just being the most reasonable fix I figure that the reflash is needed again so that your truck has the most updated info that it should have. Take care. write back any time.
  • briboticbribotic Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Dodge Ram V8, Hemi, Mega, etc, etc...2 weeks ago my power steering started moaning and wheezing. I checked the reservoir and noticed it needed some fluid. I added some ATF4 and noticed the moaning and wheezing stopped, but I also monitored over the past 2 weeks to see if it was leaking and indeed it is. Does anyone know how much it cost to get this fixed by a mechanic? I am not handy so I can't do it myself.

The reason I am asking is because my truck failed inspection a few weeks ago and I am about to sink money into getting the ball joints replaced and want a better idea of how much everything is going to cost me.

Thank you for your help
  • gdcdgdcd Member Posts: 1
    Dh56 or dimebag or others with wisdom

My power steering and brakes went out at the same time after going through a stop sign going straight. I have a 2006 Ram 2500 with a Cummings 5.9 turbo. I have the front end rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago. Is this a chip because they went out at the same time? Do they use the same or different pumps. I hate going to the dealer because of cost. If I know what the problem is I have some diesel mechanics I know that are reasonable. Just want to know where to start.
    Thanks, Charlie
  • dennis112dennis112 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 2500 with the cummins. I have now lost the power steering and brakes for the third year in a row. Each time they tell me it's the vacum pump. And the first two times the dealer has fixed this at a cost of about $3600. I can not afford to have this done again. After reading the posts here I am wondering if maybe they took advantage of me. Can anyone tell me why I continue to have this reaccuring problem, and is there any recalls on this issue?

Thanks for your help.
  • klondykalklondykal Member Posts: 1
    My Dodge has new ball joints and bearing but suddenly turning left is almost impossible. Dealer says new ball joints (Moog) problem but there seems to be steering issue, New PS box 3 months ago fluid good Could it be ECM issue or something else
  • billthompsonbillthompson Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2011
    I bought a 2004 Dodge RAM 2500 with a 3" lift kit, Quad Cab, short bed, 4X4, 5.6L Diesel in March of 2006 with a $2,700 Extended service contract.

2 weeks later "new steering box" 43,000 miles - long story short I just had the 4th steering box installed and the steering is still not right. This is every 30,000 to 40,000 miles. I am talking a major "death wobble". I have raised hell about it the whole time I have had the vehicle to no avail. I love the truck but the steering needs a class action suit or a major recall to correct it.

I have an attorney that is supposed to call me on Monday. I will repost and let you know what he says.

In the meantime we need Dodge owners with steering problems to start making a lot of noise. When I have to pull my truck over to stop the death wobble with my grandchildren in the truck scared to death - Dodge needs to be stopped.
    edited November 2011
    :lemon: Dodge RAM recalls. Covers steering and suspension issues. Check out this link. http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2004/dodge/ram_2500/recalls/

Still waiting for an attorney to call back. Join me. Don't let Dodge get away with manufacturing defective vehicles.

I have a 1979 Chevrolet 3/4 ton truck and the original steering works fine.
    I had a 1973 Chevrolet 1/2 ton C10 and the original steering worked fine.
    I had a 1949 Ford Woodside stations wagon and the steering was fine.
    I had a 1950 Ford stepside pickup and the steering worked fine.

The junk yard is full of old trucks that we have no problem pulling a steering box and using it.

Yet, Dodge will not fix my steering on a newer truck and I am pissed!
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Keep in mind the lift kit changes the geometry of the steering and suspension components to non-factory specifications. The extended service contract you purchased (depending on whether it's a Chrysler or third party contract) will likely not cover the steering box if it can be shown the fail,ure is due to the change in geometry from the lift kit.

I have a 2005 Ram 3500 4x4 bought new. It's unmodified and has never had a steering issue of any kind.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Host
    edited November 2011
    Davis Dodge originally built the truck and had Les Schwab install the 3" lift kit and sold it as new.

One day in the Raley's parking lot a guy walks up to me and tells me that he used to own my truck. He said the truck was awesome except for a steering wobble.

He got rid of it and I ended up with it with 43,000 miles on it and I transferred the power train warranty and paid $2,700 for the extended warranty covering the steering. Magnussen replaced 3 steering boxes under warranty. The problem was never fixed and never sometimes has a habit out living warranties.

You are absolutely correct about the front end geometry. That is exactly what the problem is and they have yet to offer anything accept excuses and bandaids. I am told that this is under wraps and affects 2004 through 2009 RAMS.

If you Google the steering problems you will find a lot of complaints from people that can't keep their truck from shaking, wobbling and drifting.

Thanks for the reply :cry:
  • jlsutton539jlsutton539 Member Posts: 1
    Your not the only one, I have a 2011 Dodge Power Wagon. My dream truck. I saved and haggled with the dealership to finally get it. I just hit 15000 miles. I drive down the highway at 60 hit a bump, and the my world gets rocked because my truck it doing the "death wobble". I am about to be stationed in California and have to move my stuff. It scares the daylights out of me to just drive around town, let alone drive a thousand miles. I had a 06 ram that I had to claim lemon. I hope I didn't get suckered into another piece of crap. Dodge, fix your SH*T.
  • snidzsnidz Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2015
    Hello all, I'm new to the blog. I have the steering issue, 2004 4x4 quad cab 5.9 cummins with tough country 4.5 lift kit installed at 50,000 miles!!! . I have replaced all tie rods, draglink, steering box with the borgeson "Dodge box", installed the dual steering stabilizer shocks, BD steering frame link stabilizer, new 20 inch wheels and tires load "E" 10 ply Nitto Crosstech, upper and lower ball joints 3 times, but not until 120,000 miles did i start having steering issues. After the third set of ball joints, the steering was like a dream, it was like a new truck again. NOT even three months later the[non-permissible content removed] ball joints are out again they are MOOG. The moral of my story is that I am convinced the ball joints are the root of our steering issues, because nothing else has been replaced more than once, I think the ball joints that moog is selling are junk. I am looking into other options for ball joints, if anybody has tried or found others please let me know. Thanks for reading
  • acolleryacollery Member Posts: 2
    My 2008 Ram 3500 Mega Cab has had the ball joints replaced twice, steering box replaced once and wanders like mad. The dealership has had the vehicle for three days and requires it again next week. It all started with a ball joint replacement at 80000km. Is there a solution to the problem?
  • junkwirejunkwire Member Posts: 1
    Um, I have a 2000 Laramie pushing 200000 miles. When I bought it about 50000 miles ago, it had the same steering issue you are all talking about. I recommend replacing the control arm bushings with the ball joints. Stability from the base was key for me. The issue I have now is a failing input shaft assembly (result of three inch lift kit it had when I bought it). I live in four wheel drive country and the incorrect geometry resulting from lift kits just wears out a suspension early, although it shouldn't be as early as all this. Start from the frame and work out to the tie rod ends. Replace all the parts which are bent, broken or worn and get a good alignment. A good set of boots for your ball joints and tie rod ends to keep out the crud may help as well.

Drive safely.
  • roncderuroncderu Member Posts: 1
    I have a 99 Ram 2500 Cummins. Been suffering the death wobble for almost 2 years. Dodge Burlington, WA. can not figure it out. New gear box, new tie rod ends, new upper and lower ball joints, new stabilizer and a host of other things. $3000 later and there is no solution. I'm very unhappy with Dodge. Any body hear of this on any other OEM? I love the Cummins but I'm disgusted with this steering issue. I can't drive it like this. Even the mechanic freaked out when he drove it. I'm at a loss.
  • raminnorthraminnorth Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys and gals,

Is anyone having a problem with their Rack and Pinion Steering on their 2010 Ram Hemi? I live in Northern Ontario where our climate gets to -40 on a regular basis in the winter. I was travelling down the highway at 80 km and out of no where, my steering let go. It was like I was driving a truck with 1950 steering....no power steering at all...long story short, i took it to my mechanic and he told me the Ram is known for its seals to let go in cold temperatures and leak all the fluid out...the only fix ir replacing the rack and pinion. I only have 100,000 km's on my truck.....so i checked out the local dealers here in the north....and low and behold....several ram owners with the same truck as mine have had to replace their rack and pinions....this is ridiculous.....has anyone had the same problem? I called Chrysler Canada with absolutley no results whatsoever....
  • ermioermio Member Posts: 1
    here is what solved my death wobble problem at about 50000 miles my 2500 dodge truck hit a wash board section of high doing 70 mph and the front end started to shack really bad. brought it to dodge they said there is nothing wrong with the parts basically said i was crazy they could not duplicate the problem. did not happen all the time but under certain conditions. this went on for 20000 mile more. I had the original tires on all this time mechalins they went 70000 miles before they wore out good long lasting tire I thought. I then replaced them with cooper tires. And guessed what stopped no more death wobble. talked to a few other people they had the same cure. Before spending alot of money on other things try changing the tires I used the heavy duty coopers all season have 25000 miles on them with no problems .
    GOOD LUCK
  • pocketchangepocketchange Member Posts: 5
    I've rebuilt the front-end and look forward to the column repair. With everything replaced, my issue has been described to a tee with the you tube video. To bad that I've again changed the steering gear box thinking it was the problem.. anyone know of a lawsuit concerning this issue??
  • jdjchyjdjchy Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 ram 2500 and at about 80k I started to have a wander in the steering. Replace ball joints 3 times, Redhead steering box, track bar bushings 4 times, topgun 4 parallel link arms and bushings, SSI steering brace, rebuilt axle ujoints, borgsen steering shaft. I love the truck and would like to drive it until it dies but the steering is getting to be unsafe. After $4k in parts and many nights of tearing the truck apart trying to fix, It needs the upper ball joint again. I have used Moog and they last about 5-8k miles. I put XRF on the lowers and they are holding up so far. I bought carli uppers and I am hoping they fix the the issue. Am I missing something that I have overlooked? Anyone have suggestions? Thanks jason
  • pocketchangepocketchange Member Posts: 5
    I've spent too much money on mine and I've learned one thing, the high dollar aftermarket replacement parts are NOT worth it. I've just replaced the RH steering box (3 years old) with an A1Carden. Both have the same warranty and the extra $'s for the hi-dollar RH (which developed a hitch at center) is a wasted effort. It lasted a little over 3 years.
    The borgsen steering shaft is a nice piece but it tried to kill me (I replaced it with an OEM shaft) along with the A1 box.
    As for Moog (which are NOT the same as they used to be), I've decided to bit the bullet and get the Chrysler parts.
    Give the steering column a look and IF everything else is in place and it continues to wander, have a look at the rear-end and it's associated pieces.
    Have the front end toe set to .10 Mine was @ .04 on the driver side and .00 on the pass (and it was hunting). After it was corrected to .10, I'm not having near the problem with wandering.