Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Lexus RX 350

prazpraz Member Posts: 163
RX will be re-designed for 2010 and might hit the showrooms sometime Spring-Early Summer 2009, I thought of starting this discussion so that we can keep ourselves updated with latest information.

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Future Vehicles may be better suited to this topic.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • carlovernjcarlovernj Member Posts: 77
    Hi Praz,

If Lexus will re-design the 2010 model, will the 2009 RX be identical to the 2008 model?

The 2009 RX comes out in February '08.

Thanks so much.
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    Yes, 2009 RX will come out in Feb. 2008 with $100 increase in base price. The pictures of 2010 RX that you will find on different websites are just photoshop pictures (imaginary, not real). Also, I don't think there will be any changes (not sure) as they did have some minor changes for 2008 model. Hope this helps you.
    Hi Praz,

Thanks so much for the reply.

It was confusing because all the pictures on the internet said 2009 RX when it should really say 2010. If you find out about any changes on the 2009 RX vs 2008, please let me know.

Thanks again, and have a happy holiday.
    As per today's update, there will be very minor cosmetic changes for 2009 RX 350 but the 2010 will be complete overhaul and no third row seating. Will update after I know about the changes 100%.
    Great, thanks again.
  • chicagotigerchicagotiger Member Posts: 15
    Lexus is going to unveil the new redesigned 2009 RX 350 at the Chicago Auto Show. Updated technology features and body. Should be ready for delivery in Summer 2008. Some dealers just started learning this and have been tight lipped so they can sell their 08 inventory which many have plenty, therefore all the good deals, at invoice or below that you've been reading on the other thread. Lexus is keeping it quiet so they can move the inventory and create the hype. The Auto show is Feb 6-7 for media preview, I think Lexus will have an announce ahead and on website.
    Great, thanks. I am looking forward to seeing the new design. Most importantly, I do not want a third row, so I hope it doesn't grow in length. I hope they have the standard 5 seater, and an extra long version with three rows of seats.

Thanks again, I guess I'll have to wait and see the 2009 version before I buy the 2008.
    Wow!! Great news, but I have heard that the 2009 RX broucher has been out and there are no huge changes except for tires, new color and special edition. Confusing....
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    "..hope it doesn't grow..."

Let it grow, let it grow....

Then we maybe get a Lexus hybrid version of the RAV4.
  • cfw1cfw1 Member Posts: 4
    You are correct. The 2009 RX350 will not change. It will appear in dealerships in February. The 2010 model will be redesigned and come out next Spring.
    When you say spring, will it be spring of 2008 or 2009?

If the 2010 model comes out in the spring of 2008, the 2009 model will only be out for a few months.

What do you think?
    I wanted to know how you found out about the 2009 RX.

I have heard that the 2009 brochure is out, but Lexus has not posted anything about the 2009 RX yet.

Thanks for your help.
    There is a Lexus owners website in which one of the members got the brochure from his local dealer and posted photos of the 09 RX350 and commented on the lack of changes. One new color was added though. I spoke to two dealers in my area to try to get one and they said that they would have them in a week or so.

The 2009 RX will be arriving at dealers in February 2008. The 2010 model is suppose to arrive in Spring of 2009.
    Thanks so much.

I'll wait to see what new color was added. In addition, I want to see if the 18" wheels with the 5 spokes will be available. I'm not sure how much I like the new 18" 7 spoke wheels. I see they carried the 7 spoke wheels over to 2009.

Otherwise, if there are no new changes, I might try and get a good deal on the 2008 RX. I would want to lease based on the invoice price (or lower).

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
  • coach06coach06 Member Posts: 16
    Can someone with a "BONE-A-FIDE" source tell me when the new redesign of the RX350 will be release? As you can see, there is a lot of conversation about this which has confused probably many of us. Please reply only if your source is reliable and very accurate.... :confuse:
  • psu77psu77 Member Posts: 13
    This is definately not a Bone-A-Fide source but I thought the reply from the Lexus dealer was very interesting.

I originally was looking at the 400h but I have decided to wait for the redesign of the RX350. An internet sales rep sent me an email yesterday and asked if I was still interested in the 400h. Here are the emails:

To Lexus Dealer:

I have decided to go with a RX350 but I want to wait till the new redesign occurs. Which I assume will be in the 2010 model year.

Reply from Lexus Dealer:

"The 2009 RX is closer than you think..."
    The dealer doesn't mean the new re-designed model which will be the 2010 RX. They mentioned the 2009 RX because its coming out next month. The dealer ONLY wants to sell you a car now. They don't want you to wait.
  • hoppy5454hoppy5454 Member Posts: 6
    The redesigned RX will be a 2010 Model. Should be about a year away. The 2009 is on it's way and will be in showrooms shortly. Little change but still an outstanding vehicle.
    Thanks for the information. I really like the possibility of getting a good deal for a 2008 or 2009 RX but my conscious is telling me to wait for the 2010 redesigned.
  • hoppy5454hoppy5454 Member Posts: 6
    You will be looking at a price difference of over $5000 if you wait for a 2010. Let me explain. The current RX lists dor around $41,700 nicely equipped and you can currently save aroound $5000 making your net price $36,700. The new 2010 will surely have some increase in price and when initially launched the best negotiator may be able to get $1000 off. Buy the 2008 now and wait until the newness wears off the 2010 and trade in. You will have a great 2 model year old car with low miles and get a great trade value.
  • hbarbeitohbarbeito Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

My name is Hugo Iam the internet director at lexus of west kendall in miami florida. I wanted to answer your question about the 08 and 09 Rx350 yes they will look identical the only diffrence will be that there will be a pebble beach edition available in the flint mica color.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    seems like since lexus just released the lx570, 1year+ at least to see the new RX. honestly i dont like the current RX. funny that every time i see a rx a women is driving as i can remember until now i only saw 3 guys driving RX.

Its definitely a ladies car. wish lexus would consider a suv to compete with cars like x5.
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Member Posts: 1,289
    Look at BMW X3's. Mostly women drivers. Same with the X5, also with the Acura MDX, same with the Cadillac SRX. And I'm sure the MB GLK will be mostly driven by women. What's your point??? Who cares???
    Hi Hugo,

Thanks for the information, what changes were made to the wheels? I know the 2008 RX had the 18" 5 spoke and 7 spoke wheels. Did something change in 2009?

Thanks so much.
    "...Who cares???..."

Actually, since women have better, more common sense than us, men, we should all care.

If most men had their way we'd be mostly driving 7L V8's with 1000HP.

And Airbus would be selling personal A380's by the dozens.

These SUV's are a really good husband and wife compromise between reasonably safe minivans, "soccer mom" minivans, which most men would NEVER want to be seen driving, and this new stream of crossover SUV's.

Oh, and by the by, women not only out live and out-populate us by a significant number, they control more of the assets, MONEY.
    Great point about the ladies and driving the RX350 but Max does have a solid point. Mostly women drive this vehicle whether it matters or not from what I've seen here in the Southeast part of the country.

Oh and FYI... I control the assets in my household..(smile) Call me LUCKY I guess..
    Hoppy5454: I agree with you completely. I think getting an 08 or 09 at a great price which I think is very possible since dealers have a lot of them and car sales are really down at this time is the way to go. If the 2010 model is nice you can get the redesigned model a couple years after the introduction to let the actual purchase price drop and let Lexus work out any bugs.
    Look at BMW X3's. Mostly women drivers. Same with the X5, also with the Acura MDX, same with the Cadillac SRX. And I'm sure the MB GLK will be mostly driven by women. What's your point??? Who cares???

I agree with the X3, MDX, SRX as well as the GLK

but i disagree for the X5 which i seen mostly guys.

who cares ??? well I do
  • tomjavatomjava Member Posts: 136
    Yeah it's funny that most suv/cav including X5 drivers in bay area are women, In fact most bimmers are driven by women, except M3 or M5.
  • rexx1rexx1 Member Posts: 2
    I received in the mail from Lexus with the Lexus Magazine a brochure illustrating the 2009 Lexus RX 350. It resembles the 2008 version with no discernable exterior changes. However, the Edmunds website has 2 photo illustrations on the new, redesigned 2010 Lexus RX 350. There are no specifics on the vehicle. Attached, below, is the link to the photos. If the link doesn't work, type in the link in your browser. Comments are welcome.

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/rx350/2010/review.html
  • ilikecars2ilikecars2 Member Posts: 3
    The 2009 just came out here in CA and they are the same as 2008. Latest news is that Dec 2008 Lexus will start production and they will be for sale in a year from now (early 2009). After seaching the internet i found this pic:

http://thepassionatepursuit.com/2007/08/08/more-information-on-the-2009-lexus-rx- /
  • jremonjremon Member Posts: 1
    Hi Hugo-

I have read in this thread that there is a $2000 rebate on RX 350s. Is this available here in FL? I am looking at the RX as one of our options and this could sway my decision.

Thanks
  • rockstarjesikarockstarjesika Member Posts: 2
    There is no evidence that they are going to change the RX350 for 2010. The 2009 had no changes since 2008 (when they now offered the black birds eye maple trim for gray int and vsc cut-off switch). There is evidence of a concept vehicle known by LF-X. It is very futuristic and really nice looking, offers a 3rd rom seat and many other amenities. There is a photo gallery and everything, Check it out! http://www.lexus.com/fcv/lf_x.html

Hope this helps!
    -JM
    I agree but there is also no evidence that they are not going to. Being car enthusiast it is optimistic to assume that there will be one as the RX present design is in it's 6th year and usually they change every 5 years. As for as the picture or details on any website, manufacturer will not release a picture before official introduction. All pictures are illustrations or imaginary and the final design might not be the same as with the prototypes.
  • lexusprolexuspro Member Posts: 1
    :)
    The 2009 is no diffrent then the 2008 model, minus the Pebble Beach edition and color and wheels...

The 2010 is going to be re-done and released in the Spring, (March) 2009 !!

The 2008 RX350's are pretty much sold out here in the Midwest, but if can fin them still, take advantage of the awesome prices !!

Another bit of info, IMO, if you are looking for a nice SUV, Lease this RX350, so when the New body style comes out, it won't hurt you......
  • rexx1rexx1 Member Posts: 2
    Attached, below, is a link to the concept representation of the redesigned RX for 2010. The page is varied which includes, amongst other links, a YouTube video of the alleged new Rex. The vehicle is entitled the Lexus LF-XH, which resembles the 2010 Lexus RX 350 photo illustration at the Edmunds.com website. Apparently, the redesigned Lexus RX was introduced at the 2007 Toyota Auto Show, but was not introduced as the redesigned RX for 2010. Unless otherwise indicated, it appears that the LF-XH "is" the new version of the 2010 Rex, which will be introduced in the spring of '09. It is a radical redesign of the Rex, which I happen to appreciate, save for the front. It doesn't fit the rest of the body and the interior front dash on the driver's side is changed to a rather simplistic, less imaginative design.

I like the body of the car w/a slight tweak to the front and driver side interior. It needs to be reconsidered before being introduced to the public for retail. The dash has been contracted to the centerfold w/an elimination of the armrest. Upon reconsideration, as mentioned, and w/slight modifications to the front, hopefully this version of the redesigned RX will be a go for '09. Love the design.

http://thepassionatepursuit.com/category/lf-xh/
  • rockstarjesikarockstarjesika Member Posts: 2
    Hey, they just stopped production of the 2008's completely. If you want a good deal, find a 2008. The dealerships are given $2000 cash back and can work with you! Don't wait till the end of the month, there is no difference. Newport Beach Lexus has been great to me, I'd go there! Try their internet dept. 949-477-7181
  • mbzfan06mbzfan06 Member Posts: 15
    http://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/index.html?s_ocid=pdsrch

This is what the 2010 Lexus RX350 will look like. Toyota gets to launch the prototype to give Lexus time to debug any prblems
    after reading some posts it seems every1 is telling the new rx is at least a year away.
    No, the Venza will NOT be the basis for the new RX series. But it might very well become the basis for an entirely NEW Lexus HSD model. Note that it is available with a 2.7L I4 as the base engine.

Toyota now has two HSD vehicles optimized for FE rather than being performance oriented, the Prius and the Camry.

Lexus needs, DESPARATELY needs, an FE optimized product. The Venza with the 2,7L I4 might very well become the basis for the RX225h.
  • docrwdocrw Member Posts: 94
    Why does Lexus "desperately need and FE optimized product"? Most Lexus buyers are happy if their car gets better mileage than a Mercedes without a tremendous drop-off in performance. Do you notice that Lexus does not offer a car with a 4-cylinder engine other than the IS, they don't sell the ES with one because they know that people do not equate luxury with I4's.

Lexus knows that their clientele care more about prestige than practicality, they leave that to Toyota. As a matter of fact, no luxury car maker will sacrifice performance to "optimize" FE. They will sacrifice some performance/power to increase FE but that is as far as they will go. Look at Lexus' hybrid offerings, the GS450 gets 22/25, the 350 gets 19/27, the LS600h gets 20/22 and the 460L gets 16/24. These cars are made to make the buyer feel a little better/less guilty about themselves not to make a real difference to the environment or to save money on gas.

Face it, in the luxury game horsepower sells, not MPG. Thats why diesels are becoming more popular, the new technology doesn't sacrifice too much power, if any, and increases FE by 20-25%, which is enough for the luxury buyer.
    You forget that many affluent folks got that way by pinching pennies, being careful of purchasing things that inordinately raised the level at which those pennies evaporated from sight.

And you should see the number of company owned Prius HSDs scooting around the Redmond/Bellevue Microsoft Campus almost any workday.

In any case IMMHO the RX400h "over-performs" beyond what those of us purchasing really desire or need. 0-60 times in the range of the regular RX350, or even my AWD RX300, would have been perfectly fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the affluent crowd also comes a (slightly??) higher level of knowledge, book-learning. Doesn't that put an inordinant number of them in the "save the earth" purchasing venue..??
    Will the lexus concept LF -XH will be the new lexus RX ?

Any possibilities? its looks too much of a concept and few more years away.
    Same engine as IS350 w/6 speed auto
    Opt 3rd row seats
    Push Button start
    Same wheel base as Highlander
    Top of the line might get opt Lexus Link
    Ventilated seats
    Better arm rests
    Dual panel moonroof as option
    XM w/Nav Traffic as option
    Std info display w/back up camera

Any guess?
  • lexus_painterlexus_painter Member Posts: 1
    Yes there is going to be a total redesign for 2010. No it does not look exactly like any of the links given a few are close. No the new Rx will not look like the Venza witch should be going into production next year at Indiana I believe. I have seen and painted trial bodies for the new 2010 Rx and have had very quick glances at the completed truck (shipped from Japan) at the Lexus plant where the Rx is made in Cambridge Ont. Canada
    Rumors are that the new RX will not have a touch nav but i-drive just like BMW and definetly no 3rd row seat, lowered bumpers, aggressive look and more interior room.
  • docrwdocrw Member Posts: 94
    Not true, the MDX and RDX were tested there as well as the Porsche Cayenne. It is unheard of for a Lexus SUV but not for SUV's in general.