Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 Pet Peeves

vinsuzvinsuz Member Posts: 13
So I think we all can agree the CX-9 is a great vehicle, but what are the things you'd change for the '09 model?

Comments

• vinsuzvinsuz Member Posts: 13
    Okay, I've had my CX-9 for only a few days, and while I absolutely LOVE this car there are some small things I don't like:

- A/C stays on in Auto Climate Control mode even when heating (see my post in the Real World MPG thread).
    - No Trip Computer.
    - No RDS system for the Bose radio (you know, the system that lets stations broadcast text to RDS enabled radios to display artist, song, etc). For a supposedly high-end stereo, this is very disappointing.
    - Awkward 'Seek' functionality. You have to hold down the Tune button in order to seek, but if stations are close together you will likely miss some.
    - No exterior button to trigger the power lift gate. There's a button to close it but not one to open it (unless you use the smart key).
    - Can't set the minutes on the clock - only hours. I actually like to set my car's clock ahead by about five minutes, but I can't do that in the CX-9.
    - Center console is kind big, but the storage is disproportionally small.

Well, that's really all I've got so far. They're mostly small things, but I've noticed them and would like to hear others' comments.
  • live2skilive2ski Member Posts: 25
    nothing major, great car!

Pet Peeves:
    - A/C on with Auto Climate (same as vinsuz). is the AC really on? It should not light/display if not in use.
    - TPMS false alarms. if the temp goes below about 10 degrees the TPMS lights up.
    - too many beeps. if I start the car and get out to put the kids in, I get beeps; if I close the door, more beeps.
    - gas mileage (of course). always could be better, but inline with expectations.
    - second row seats are a bit stiff sliding back - maybe this will loosen with time.
    - remote start FOB should be integrated into the keyless FOB.

I'll add some highlights:
    - remote start - nothing is better than getting into a warm car on a snowy day!
    - Keyless start. I now forget to take the key out of my other car ;)
  • pulleydogpulleydog Member Posts: 61
    - Can't set the minutes on the clock - only hours. I actually like to set my car's clock ahead by about five minutes, but I can't do that in the CX-9.

Yes you can.....well, at least I can on the Non-Bose system. It's the Track/Seek Down button which increases the minutes. The Track/Seek Up button increases the Hour. But the Bose setup may be completely different.
    I have the navigation system, so the minutes are set by the GPS and there's no way to override it. You can manually adjust the hours to account for DST but that's it.
  • pulleydogpulleydog Member Posts: 61
    I have the navigation system, so the minutes are set by the GPS and there's no way to override it. You can manually adjust the hours to account for DST but that's it.

Gotcha!
    Well, at least your time is correct. A lot of us have a clock that loses time and we have to adjust it periodically. But I see your point.
    I forgot to add these:

- I don't like that locking the power windows not only disables the buttons on the passenger doors but also the buttons on the driver's door. In every other car with power windows, locking the windows only prevents the passengers from using their buttons -- not the driver!

- I also don't like that the outside temperature doesn't display automatically when the dual climate isn't on -- I have to manually press the outside temp button. Why show redundant information?
  • kamiller42kamiller42 Member Posts: 13
    I love the car, but here are my pet peeves.

1. Recalling a memory seat position should adjust the side mirrors and steering wheel. Bonus points if it could adjust the rear view mirror.

#1 by a long shot. This pet peeve almost lost a sale.

Memory seat positions are great! As a driver, what always needs to happen when you adjust your seat? You need to adjust the mirrors and maybe the steering wheel. The current implementation goes half way and does not adjust the side mirrors or steering wheel. My wife is 4' 11". I am 6'. Adjusting all the driver differences between us would be nice. The Hyundai Veracruz does it.

2. Cannot set destinations in nav while driving. You can poke around on the map and set destinations on the map, but entering an address or POI is forbidden. One would think poking around to be more unsafe than entering an address.

3. The audio system on the nav unit does not have a list view for folders or songs. It would be nice to have a list view where you could tap the folder or song you want to hear. Bonus if you could add Ford's Sync to the system, especially a USB port.

4. No place to store wireless headphones. Ok, you could put them in the back in the cargo storage area under the floor. How convenient is that? There needs to be a place on the second row where you can store them away.

5. Sunglass holder is for very thin glasses only. I am not sure what kind of sun glasses the designer of the center storage area in the ceiling was thinking of, but it is way too small.
  • mybeccamybecca Member Posts: 6
    I'm on my 4th day and I'm really enjoying this vehicle and all the features I have figured out. We had snow yesterday and I felt like I was driving a tank!

The one feature I wish my GT had is Autolocks (the doors lock when you put the car in drive) Even the very basic Chevy rental I recently drove had this feature, so I'm surprised this vehicle doesn't. Is that a special option?

I also don't think it has enough storage considering the huge center console.

I'm still trying to figure out the heating system but I LOVE the hiney warmers and the rain sensing wipers - those make me giggle! :blush:
  • kamiller42kamiller42 Member Posts: 13
    According to the manual, Auto mode will control A/C operation. I assume this means it will turn on and off the compressor as necessary. I hope so. I also assume it is basically running in vent mode when my requested temperature nearly matches the outside air.
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    Your dealer can change the programming in the control unit to lock the doors when you put it in drive. I believe they will do it as a one time freebie.

Personally, I find auto locks quite annoying.

What is there to figure out with the heating system? I leave my dial set at 73 and never change it. My kids think that cranking it up to 90 on a cold morning makes a difference, but it really doesn't. Set it and forget it.
  • imamgimamg Member Posts: 136
    I can't disagree with anything you've listed... yet the one thing you said that really stood out to me was the storage for the headphones! I never thought it would have been that big a deal... but it would'a been very cool if that was thought of, not to mention there's only a pocket on the back of the drivers seat...and not the passengers... so ...dvd/s and the remote get put there... Seexynine is still very fine! :D
  • dizmarkdizmark Member Posts: 3
    I've had my 9'er for 8 months or so.

Power lift gate - there is a button (to the right of the hand door opener) it does a couple different things too. It'll lock the car, open the car from being unlocked if you have the smart key near and obviously open the hatch auto-style.

I just learned about the smart key opening up the windows and popping up the sunroof. Two clicks on un-lock and then hold to make it happen.

Pet Peeves for me - Water in the side mirrors after washing. makes a big mess on the side of the newly clean car.
    No Trip computer - What were they thinking?
    I don't like the A/C thing either.
    Radio/Nav is very good in many areas, but changing stations and not having artist info sux. Althought I've heard that most artists/record companies choose to not put that ID tag stuff embedded in their CD. The stereo reads it off the CD's that have it programmed.
    Most of my pet-peeve list has shortened as I learn the advanced tricks and my love grows deeper for this car...Ok, I'm getting carried away.
    Temp controls - there is only one volume for the entire car. So if you passenger sets their temp to 65 and you want it at 70 - great, but they amount of air is not distinct for each side...Weak.
    No DVD with sunroof option
    I'm going to hit Tahoe in about 3 hours and can't wait to use it in the snow, AGAIN.
    Ceeee Yuh
    Dwight
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    No DVD with sunroof option

There will be one available in early March.
  • 16ue16ue Member Posts: 6
    Re: - No exterior button to trigger the power lift gate. There's a button to close it but not one to open it (unless you use the smart key).

When you approach your vehicle, you can disarm it by pressing a button to the right of the lift gate latch. Then just use the latch as if it were not a power lift gate. It actually opens the lift gate a little faster as you do not have to wait for the beeps.
  • mybeccamybecca Member Posts: 6
    Your dealer can change the programming in the control unit to lock the doors when you put it in drive. I believe they will do it as a one time freebie.

Has anyone had the control unit programmed for auto locking? My dealership has never heard of this but I'd like to give them the information on how to do it if someone has another dealership contact. Thanks much!
  • btm2518btm2518 Member Posts: 12
    Picked up our GT on the 16th. We asked that the program be changed to allow the doors to be locked when put in gear or at a certain speed and they said it couldn't be done (I know I have read people on this forum or other Mazda forums say it can be done). However, they were able to program the car to lock automatically when we are get about 5 feet away from the car. That's pretty cool.
  • cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    From the manual, the AutoLock of CX-9 is for locking when you step away from CX-9, not for locking when you start to drive off (whether speed-sensitive or gear-dependent). The latter feature is quite common on GM vehicles, but not available on CX-9. The former is available and you need to ask dealer to turn it on for you.
  • nterminintermini Member Posts: 7
    Not sure what the story is on this one...it would be nice to at least have the passenger enter an address while you are driving. To have to stop and pull over is an inconvenience.
    CX-9 uses Denso NAVI system, which is also used on Lexus/Toyota.
    In vehicles of Lexus/Toyota, there are many complaints about this grey-out as well.
    Two things to add:
    - a couple years ago, Toyota users found a loophole to defeat the grey out thru a sequence of tapping on the touch screen, kick into the debug screen, and enter into a mode that shows no grey-out (once engine is switch off, it resets itself back).
    - a company, coastaletech.com, sells a kit that essentially allows you to control the
    speed sensors into the Denso unit. Don't know if it works for a similar Denso unit
    on CX-9. A caution though. coastaletech.com has poor customer responses and service, though they made very innovative products.
  • 16ue16ue Member Posts: 6
    I also confirmed by my dealer in San Jose that it is not available in CX-9.
  • betablockerbetablocker Member Posts: 8
    Well, I bought my CX-9, fully loaded just 4 weeks ago. So far, I don't like quite a bit although some of my gripes might be resolved by reading the manual fully, however:

On cloudy or rainy days when using the headlights in daytime, the nav and dash auto dim to almost nothing. There should be a sensor that it is in fact still light outside so these stay bright.

Fog lights only operational when headlights are on.

ENORMOUS center console that has surprisingly little storage. The door of the storage area is also VERY HIGH and uncomfortable on long drives. I can't really relax both of my arms. My right arm seems to always rest on the console door. My knee also bangs into the center console. The size and height of the console makes this large car feel somewhat claustrophobic.

The "premium" $2,000 stereo isn't so premium. "Is that subwoofer working"? LOL! The Bose stereo in my 5 year old Murano which I think was a $500 option blows this one away.

Beep...beep....beep....beep. Everything has a beep or multiple beeps. Give me a break with these beeps!

The side view mirrors are not tied in with the memory seat adjustments!

Only 1 temp on the heated seats. Should at least be a high and low setting.

Power rear lift gate only opens if car doors are unlocked? What's up with that? Plus the outside button on the rear door only unlocks the car doors, does not also engage the auto lift gate? Maybe there's a problem with mine only since this doesn't seem right.

When exiting the car, I cannot lock the doors by hitting the interior lock button on door. You must get out of car, close door and hit the button on door handle or use keyless remote. Kind of annoying.

Overall low quality interior materials. Hard-Plasticky dash, cheapo handles, flimsy gear shift, roughly stitched steering wheel, poor quality leather (is it really leather).

Fair amount of road noise above 50 mph.

Does not automatically display exterior temperature. You must hit a button on dash.

I really haven't played with the nav much so I have no opinions on that yet.

In the end, its probably no worse than any other $40,000 car and probably has more options than most. For me though, I'll be giving this to the wife (she likes it) . CX-9 is a good family car but for me, a 48 year old married guy that normally drives alone, this one isn't for me. I'll be going back to a Volvo XC-90 V8 or Mercedes 550 S in the Spring.
    Hi,
    I will skip all your subjective comments on CX9 and answer others as much as I can based on what I know of.

Q: On cloudy or rainy days when using the headlights in daytime, the nav and dash auto dim to almost nothing. There should be a sensor that it is in fact still light outside so these stay bright.
    A: Both can be set if you don't like the auto-dimming. Yes, you should read the manual at least once.

Q: Fog lights only operational when headlights are on.
    A: True. That's how it was designed.

Q: Beep...beep....beep....beep. Everything has a beep or multiple beeps. Give me a break with these beeps!
    A: I assume that you have the Smart Entry and Start system (or SmartKey, for short). When it beeps at you, that means, "you did it wrong". Again. You should read the manual. The CX9 is trying to tell you something.

Q: The side view mirrors are not tied in with the memory seat adjustments!
    A: Unfortunately, that's how it was designed, part of cost-saving.

Q: Only 1 temp on the heated seats. Should at least be a high and low setting.
    A: Again, cost-saving. Maybe Mazda does not think that we need two settings.
    Personally, living in CA, I have never used it yet.

Q: Power rear lift gate only opens if car doors are unlocked? What's up with that? Plus the outside button on the rear door only unlocks the car doors, does not also engage the auto lift gate? Maybe there's a problem with mine only since this doesn't seem right.
    A: Unfortunately, that's how it was designed. Maybe Mazda overlooked it.

Q: When exiting the car, I cannot lock the doors by hitting the interior lock button on door. You must get out of car, close door and hit the button on door handle or use keyless remote. Kind of annoying.
    A: I think you will get used to it after a while. SmartKey system tries to avoid locking your key inside the CX9. There are many sensors located inside the cabin and in the doors and hatch to locate where the key is at any time. If it works as you wish, there is a chance that you could lock your own keys inside. That is not good, is it? If you really find this annoying, try to have your dealer activate the "autolock" feature. With it, you just walk away from your CX9, and it will lock itself when you are far enough and all doors are closed. Cool?
    Not even Lexus or any German vehicles have it (AFAIK).

Q: Does not automatically display exterior temperature. You must hit a button on dash.
    A: Some find it annoying to have it always on display. You can't please everyone. I know most German vehicles have it always on the display somewhere, though.

Q: I really haven't played with the nav much so I have no opinions on that yet.
    A: You better not try it. You will have more complaints..... It is not 1st rated, as bad as most NAVI systems from Lexus (from the same vendor, DENSO, Japan)

:)
  • not_2_shabbynot_2_shabby Member Posts: 29
    Has anybody else noticed the outside temp reading is 7-8 degrees too warm? It seems like the sensor too close to the engine and is picking up heat off of it. My car is reading 38F when it's 30 outside. It's good to know when the roads are freezing. Also it takes forever for the temperature to drop. I'm almost to work which is about a 20 minute drive before the temp gets down to a steady value from the garage temperature. My wife's car drops 20 degrees within a 1/4 of a mile.

The whole locking and unlocking the doors manually is also ridiculous. I didn't even know there were cars out there that didn't have autolocks, much less $40K cars. Couple this with the "advanced key" it's even worse. When I arrive at my destination and turn the car off the interior lights do not turn on. To turn the interior lights on I have to unlock the doors, but mazda was too cheap to backlight the button. The ridiculous thing is if you have the standard key the interior lights turn on when you pull the key out of the ignition like every other car I have driven. Also if you get in the car and lock the doors the interior lights immediately turn off. Every other car I have driven leaves the interior light on till you start the car. Whoever designed the locking and lighting functions needs to drive something other than a mazda for a while to see how all the other cars work.
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    I just don't buy the "cost-saving" excuse because many of these features have been around for a long time (my 06 Chrysler Pacifica has all these features mentioned, except the SmartKey), all it takes is software programming ~ I just can't believe it's that difficult to make them options on the Electronic Control Module (ECM) that most other high-end models have!

What irks me most is the fact that there's no retractable cargo cover available with the power rear lift gate because, according to the dealer, "the power mechanism is in the way"! Every SUV I've leased since 1999 with power rear lift gate has a retractable cargo cover available!
    I am with you on the cargo cover. I wish there is one that I could buy.
    Again, Mazda only sells on average 2000 units of CX9s. They can't afford to have as many accessories as Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander have.

When I said "cost cutting", I also meant the total cost of planning, marketing, etc. not just the manufacturing. A smaller company that sells fewer vehicles does have a disadvantage.
    Wait a minute...that can't be right. You're saying Mazda only sells 2,000 CX-9's annually? That can't be. Where are those numbers from?

Aside from that, it seems that everyday I find something about this car I dislike. Aside from the issues I've listed in detail previously, it just seems cheaply made, primarily the interior, dash, handles, seats, etc. I'm also getting more annoyed daily with the enormous AND high center console. I can't believe something this huge doesn't even have a place for change? Incredible.

Ever try putting a "real pair" of sunglasses in that holder above? Maybe reading glasses...that's about it. How about those gigantic seams and bumps on that steering wheel along with that shiny black plastic? The dash is a joke...nothing but cheapo hard....and I mean HARD plastic. Is this a HUGO or a $40,000 car?

I could go on and on....check my other posts. This will be my last Mazda.
    2,000 units monthly, while Pilot/Highlanders are in 6000-7000 units monthly.

Recently came back from trip.
    I found the 3rd row seat belt buckles disappearing into the back of 3rd seat after they were folded flat and raised up again. It was a struggle to dig them out again for the 3rd row passengers. Bad design. I hope Mazda can improve that.
    I'm surprised I haven't ranted here yet. I thought I did.

Biggest peaves with the 2008 GT Nav CX-9 w/ "advanced" key

Doesn't turn interior lights on when you put car in park and turn off the vehicle. I have to unlock the doors or open the door to get the interior lights to turn on and the door lock button isn't backlit even and with a black interior is hard to see....And if you get in the habit of locking the doors when you get into the car, the interior lights immediately turn off so you can't see to put your belongs in place....My VW turned off the interior lights after about 30 seconds or when you started the ignition.

Door doesn't unlock when you pull the handle like my VW did...Ridiculous the car doesn't have autolocks. I have driven cheap econobox rentals 10 years ago that had autlocks.

Button to lock out windows also locks out windows for driver

Need to unlock all the doors to use the power tailgate

Had to spend $140 to install an aftermarket ipod system that works with the nav, although it doesn't work very well

No memory for the mirrors

No trip computer

Outside temp is wrong on my car....

Prop rod to hold up the hood

My $25K 8 year old passat auto locked the doors, had a trip computer, heated seats with multiple settings, lighted door lock buttons, gas strut for the hood

It seems like mazda could fix half these complaints with software.....
    I shared most of your complaints listed.

However, "autolock" (by definition here - locking all doors when put into drive or above 5mph, etc.) is found to annoy some customers. Some hate it, some love it. One can find some aftermarket kit to install to achieve that. It can be improved if you are willing to DIY.

Trip computer has been added into 2009.

German vehicles typically use struts to support hood, and unlock the doors when pulled (once or twice) from inside automatically. Most Japanese vehicles don't do that (not the ones I have owned). I owned a '98 BMW 540iA for 10 years. I know what you meant. CX9 hood is heavy. Mazda should use aluminum instead for it. Then, it probably is easiler/cheaper to use struts to support it, and reduces weight also.
    Wow, you need a stick to hold open the hood? I have yet to open my hood...I would have added that one to my list. Just yesterday I noticed the imitation wood trim on the dash and doors is starting to get a nice gap...poorly fitted I guess and another cheap interior joy.

985 miles so far and nothing but one annoyance after another with this car. I'm so upset with it I'm actually thinking about buying myself another car and keeping this as a third car in case of emergency or just leaving all the rear seats down permanently and using it for Costo and Lowes trips.

$40K.....WAY OUT OF LINE for this.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Fog lights only operational when headlights are on.

You will have the same issue on a Volvo XC-90 and Mercedes S550.

The "premium" $2,000 stereo isn't so premium. "Is that subwoofer working"?

It blows away my mother in laws Maxima by a long shot. No contest.

Beep...beep....beep....beep. Everything has a beep or multiple beeps. Give me a break with these beeps!

First, one system that beeps in the BSMS, of which you can turn off (read your owners manual). Second, the car will beep if you leave your car on and exit the car with the Smart Key in hand. Kinda nice, don't you think? Third, buckle your seat belt!!!!!

Power rear lift gate only opens if car doors are unlocked? What's up with that? Plus the outside button on the rear door only unlocks the car doors, does not also engage the auto lift gate? Maybe there's a problem with mine only since this doesn't seem right.

That's right. By design. Not all people want the lift gate to open automatically by touching the hidden button. Are you that lazy you cant hit the key on your remote?

Overall low quality interior materials. Hard-Plasticky dash, cheapo handles, flimsy gear shift, roughly stitched steering wheel, poor quality leather (is it really leather).

Compared to what? Your 5 yr old Murano? I think not.

I'll be going back to a Volvo XC-90 V8 or Mercedes 550 S

Leaving a "blue collar" brand for a luxury one. I hope extra $50,000 for the S550 is worth it.
    $40K.....WAY OUT OF LINE for this.

I guess Mazda cannot please everyone. Motor Trend (2008 SUV of the Year), Consumer Reports, C & D, R & T, Edmunds.com and the thousands of other owners for the most part all seem to think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I have a question for you. WHY DID YOU BUY IT?!?!?!?! Was it because you could not afford the $100,000 S550 or didn't feel like going back to the Volvo dealership who are all too familiar with because your XC-90 would have it's own private service / repair bay?
    Well, at first glance the car seemed okay but after owning it a while a ton of annoyances and cost cutting measures became apparent. Oh and I just opened the hood yesterday...it weighs a ton and yippie...a stick to hold it up! No gas shocks...not a one in sight. Now that's bad.

Another thing I noticed, I'm 6' 4" (not exactly a center for the Knicks) and with the seat at its lowest, I have haybe 1" of head clearance. If I hit a bump real hard....bang. And this isn't a small car. The Volvo had at least 3" to spare. Gotta take the baseball cap off when getting in this beauty.

In reality, its probably just not for me.
    Most car manufacturers do not utilize hydro shocks for the hood.

It seems you are really used to higher end cars in which you pay for these things that the CX-9 is lacking. For the price you pay for the CX-9, you get a lot of car. It has been documented to have high quality, especially for the class it is in.

In reality, its probably just not for me.

Not every car will appeal to everyone. To each their own.
    One pays top $$$$ for high-end vehicles, which might employ better materials but not necessarily better reliability. I owned a '98 BMW 540iA for 10 years (dumped it for my CX9). My BMW had so many problems that I lost count of them. I got to know every service advisors of my local BMW by their first names..... :)
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    Another pet peeve I have with the CX-9 is the manual shift which is totally counter-intuitive ~ to down-shift you have to push up instead of pull down! Conventional wisdom says that if you want to slow down, you pull instead of push! Oh, well! :confuse:
    BMW is that way too
    Actually, (I read it from some reviews) some reviewer claimed that Mazda got it right while others did it wrong.
    You see, people have different opinions on this. There is no way to please everyone.
  • rmpiercermpierce Member Posts: 3
    1. I have owned a BMW automatic for six years. I find the manual shifting (forward for downshift/back for upshift) to be more intuitive if you've ever driven a stick. I'm used to it, and the Mazdas are the only other cars I've driven that match the BMW, so I love that. From the first time I drove this car, it handled like a poor man's X5 (with a real third row seat). The pulling action reminds me of upshifts to 3rd and 5th. I guess it's whatever you're used to.

2. My Dad always bought cheap Pontiacs and Chevys when I was a kid. My first four cars were two Pontiacs, a Subaru, and a Nissan. All had hinges or gas struts for the hood. If you ask me, a dirty prop rod on a car that starts at $30K is unforgivably cheap. I even pointed it out to the salesman when I test drove the car.

3. Why don't the fog lights come on the mid-level Touring model? Since when are fog lights a high-end luxury feature?

4. During my test drives I also noticed the very washed out Nav screen. The saleman said it was just that particular car. I don't even want/need Nav, but you have to get it to get the power tailgate? What's up with that bundling strategy?

5. I actually like the Bose stereo. It's better than the Bose system in the Murano I test drove, and much better than the Harman Kardan in my BMW.

6. I agree: you really can't compare quality and standard features between a Mazda and a premium brand. A loaded CX-9 is $43K. A similarly equipped X5 will be better built, and a slightly better driver, but will cost you $60K. An MDX will run close to $50K. And,...there won't be any $8,500 discounts on those cars.

Overall, this is a great car for the money - especially the out-the-door money - and you can get a low end one that gives you the basic goodness of the chasis and steering for only $31K MSRP if that is what you want. I'm glad Mazda made it.

RMP
  • Asia3Asia3 Member Posts: 9
    We bought the low end sport because my kids don't like leather. The only extra on it was the driver electric seat. We have only had it two weeks, but so far we love it.

For the $22k price we paid I think it is a great car!
    $22,000? Are you on crack? NO WAY did you get any form of CX-9 for that. Without tires, paint, door's....still no way.

Invoice on this car with NO OPTIONS is about $28,000 and there's not many of those out there. Even if you found one, NO DEALER is taking $6,000 off that!

You couldn't even get $6,000 off a GM (anything) with a $28,000 invoice and they REALLY need the bucks.

Why do people lie on these message boards?

BTW....I started liking my CX-9 GT, AWD Loaded edition more. I was originally too picky, its actually not too bad aside from that gigantic console. LOL!
    The MSRP was $30,300 and they knocked off $8,500. The out the door price with tax was around $23k. Look on the Edmunds forums on best CX-9 deals if you don't believe me. They had too many 08's left and were giving some great deals.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Two other people report recent similar deals on the Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience board and three others were offered discounts of around $8,000, all for 2008 models.

I think you should go see your own local dealer before casting aspersions on others. The deals are out there.
    Invoice on this car with NO OPTIONS is about $28,000 and there's not many of those out there. Even if you found one, NO DEALER is taking $6,000 off that!

Right now, there is a $4,250 dealer support a customer can take advantage of if the opt to not take the special financing. Holdback is roughly $500-$700 on CX-9's. Some people out there are getting a total of $6,000-$8,000 off MSRP depending on trim (Sport, Touring, GT). I have heard some as high as $10,000 off MSRP.

As a Mazda dealer, I can tell you the savings you can take advantage of are remarkable right now.
    I doubt if finding out others are getting great deals on the CX-9 is going to improve Beta's pleasant dispositon. :)
    I just called my Mazda dealer and confronted him with the up to $10k discount. His response was "am I crazy". Tell you what...you get me $10,000 off a loaded GT and I'll take it for my daughter.
    Please spend a little time to read this thread yourself. Maybe just the last 50 posts or so....
    "Mazda CX-9: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences"
    Examples are abundant.
  • mitchinpamitchinpa Member Posts: 40
    Hate to tell ya dude, but you are wrong. I, too, got almost 10k off my 08 Sport CX-9. I paid 22.2 (MSRP was 31,935) for a awd sport with power drivers seat and roof rack. That price included all fees except doc fees ($140) and sales tax (6%). As others have suggested, read the thread. No one has any reason to lie.
    Yep, bought a 2008 GT AWD for $10,200 off. $40,200 sticker got it for $30K even back in October. Didn't even have to haggle.

Back to pet peeves though. Does anybody elses center speaker grill on the dash buzz on rough roads? Also my driver's window starts buzzing too usually on the same roads. I'm getting annoyed with these two rattles.
  • vikefan7vikefan7 Member Posts: 8
    Just bought the GT AWD w/ moonrf/bose, NAV, and towing for $30,400. It was the dealer demo though, so that might explain why I got it $10000 under MSRP. I also saw a bunch at a dealership that had every 2008 at $10000 under MSRP.

I have no major complaints, but I do have issues with the headroom in the front with the moonroof and the NAV system is a little weird. This is my first experience with a NAV system, so I have no point of reference, but it seems clunky to me. I'm in the IT field and whoever designed/programmed this must not have had a regular user in mind when designing it. Where are the buttons to go to a previous screen, I find myself having to hit the NAVI button all the time to go back to the original screen to start all over again?

Overall, I love this car. It's soooo much better to drive than my Montero Sport, which clunky and had no features.