Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

How long a wait for Mercury Mariner Hyrbid

girimurthygirimurthy Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Mercury
I live in Miami. I am trying to get a Mariner Hybrid. I know I need to do a special order but every dealer is giving me different timeframe for delivery. One dealer said 6-8 weeks, another says 6-8 months and the worst is saying only in 2009. How long does it take if I place an order tomorrow? Can anybody please help me?

Comments

• pat_njpat_nj Member Posts: 1
    We ordered a Mariner Hybrid for my wife on December 20. The dealer told us we could expect it between 3-6 mos. We ordered anyway and, to our delight, they called us on February 4 to tell us that it had arrived. Our salesman told us that that the turnaround time for our order was much shorter than typical. We live in New Jersey.

According to the dealer, the limiting step in production of the hybrids is the availability of the HV batteries from Sanyo, who also sells to Toyota. He tells me that the Toyota orders get priority. He also told me that the Mariner Hybrids are coming through faster than the Escapes.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter hopes to speak with consumers who want to buy hybrid SUVs that are having a hard time finding them at dealerships and/or are frustrated by dealers marking up the prices on the hybrids. If you are a consumer looking to purchase a hybrid SUV, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Tuesday, March 25, 2008.
  • mjjensemjjense Member Posts: 2
    My wife and I placed an order at the end of August 2008 in San Antonio, Texas. It did not arrive until February 12, 2009 (but, Ford/Mercury had very little production of any vehicles during January); we were unable to pick it up until February 14th (nice Valentine's Day present). It took almost 6 months. I read at some other sites that others waited 5 months.
  • acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    But the real question, was it worth the wait?
This discussion has been closed.