Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 1-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,186
What did you pay for your 1-Series?

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• thaiderthaider Member Posts: 2
    Would appreciate any info on how much was paid on a i135 with details no relevant add-ons
  • tagmantagman Member Posts: 8,441
    Would appreciate any info on how much was paid on a i135 with details no relevant add-ons

Here's the best place to get BMW prices... Go to the build your own 135i, and you can use the configurator to discover the price based upon the add-ons you think are relevant.

link title

The vast majority of 135i vehicles are selling near or at MSRP. Some dealers are marking up with a premium, but that is not really necessary if you shop. If you are really diligent, you could get one for under MSRP, but the amount will depend upon your exact car's specs, your location, vehicle availability, and your flexibility and patience. Good luck. It's a terrific car! If you have any questions about it, post them, and I can give you ownership feedback on the 135i. I've had it for almost a month now.

TM
  • thaiderthaider Member Posts: 2
    thanks for your response. I take it that you payed MSRP. The problem is that as soon as you touch any of the meaningful options the price spikes. None the less it is a fantastic car- you can tell that the people at BMW put some though into this car.
    With regards to questions do you know if the shipping charge that they tack on (apprx $700) is fungible? Don't have much experience with car dealers, but is seems like they are continuously angling

Would would be great to get any personal impressions as you are a new owner especially with regards to the options packages.
    Cheers.
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    Shipping is a set fee and part of the invoice. as is the $180 training fee. You can negotiate everything else though.

And the 1 series in 4 door hatch form has been around for about 5 years, so it's not like the 1 is a new thing to BMW.
    The dealership had a management policy of MSRP, but I had a trade-in. Also, mine was the very first 1-Series delivered at that dealership. They were generous and cooperative regarding the trade. Theoretically, if more is given for a trade, it's really the same thing as a price break. It's kind of a loophole.

So, my price was "close" to MSRP, with a generous trade.

As far as the options and packages, my 135i is fairly loaded, so I am personally familiar with most of them. Also, I looked at other 1ers as well, and have a good grasp of the features and options. If there is any specific information that you are curious about, just let me know.

TM
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    "as soon as you touch any of the meaningful options the price spikes."

Personally, I don't think any of the options are meaningful." None of them add any performance, and none of them significantly improve the appearance, comfort, or practicality of the car.

But that's just me... :blush:
  • bruski2bruski2 Member Posts: 11
    Hey,
    Just finalized some stuff on my new 128i convert.
    Yeah you guys talked me into the convert.
    I am stoked that i am the first buyer of a 1 series @ my dealership!
    I should get like a $5k discount, right??!!
    btw, for all you interested,
    40,150 128i convert
    premium package
    boston leather
    cold package
    see ya on the road
    :)
    What about the Sport Package? I didn't see it listed in your post. On a 128i, it's much more significant than on the 135i. On the 135i, the sports suspension is standard, but on the 128i it requires that you order the Sports Package. I would strongly suggest you give it serious consideration. It will provide a major handling improvement on the 128i.

TM
  • bruski2bruski2 Member Posts: 11
    Hey Tag,
    Bummer, I didnt get the sports package with my 128i. I didnt on my 325xi and thought it was awesome without the sp.
    I test drove a 128i without the sports pkge. and thought it still drove, handled awesome.
    As mentioned in most of the reviews, I really wanted to 1, but once you get going on the extras its gets really costly.
    I wanted the cold package/heated seats,pass thru rear seat, etc.
    Also really wanted the premium pkge.
    But as you know once you get going on the extras the $$ get up there.
    As mentioned, test drove the 128 w/o the s.p. and thought it was still was a awesome drive.
    I aint a kid, dont need the firmer driver experiance. Very happy using the vehicle in a (touring) experiance without having to do 65mph on the hairpins.
    You gotta put a limit on the extras or it gets to $$$$$.
    Really wanted the cold package with the heated seats, put thru package, as well as the premium stuff, blue tooth, garage door, electric seats, etc. with the P.P..
    Just didnt want to dish out another $1200 for the S.P.
    Might be an old fart, but still will be smiling.
    later dude.
    :shades:
    You have made a good decision in that case. In fact you will benefit from the more comfortable ride. The sport suspension isn't punishing but is a little harsh at times. I totally understand your reasoning. You will really enjoy the car!

Hey, now that we are through discussing "price", let's head back to the other forum where we were first discussing the car! I'll meet you over there with your next post. (just make it about the car, and not the price.) ;)

TM
  • lane128lane128 Member Posts: 1
    Ordered a 128 convertible yesterday ... got a total of about 1.5% discount off MSRP plus a reasonable value for my trade-in..... Local dealers in Virginia appear to be sticking hard to getting the MSRP this early in the model intro.
  • lightshybridlightshybrid Member Posts: 10
    Bruski, did as well. took delivery Saturday (2-days ago) on a 128 convertible with premium, nav, cold weather, auto. It was on the showroom floor and we drove it home after about 6-hours at the dealer. They were also very generous on my trade in, dropped the price on the new car and put together a very nice deal for me.

thanx
    Larry :shades:
  • waitingwaiting Member Posts: 2
    I ordered a BMW i Series at the end of April. I was told the wait would be seven weeks from when it was ordered. I was just given a production number today. I also just found out today that the car won't go into production until July with an anticipated delivery at the end of August. Can anyone explain this? I have ordered cars before but they never took very long.
  • elizarievelizariev Member Posts: 8
    My friend is going to buy or lease 128 convertible. As a BMW owner I was enlisted to help her research the options.

What should she expect to pay over invoice or under MSRP?

Is there a special on buying or leasing?

She want to go with the stick shift, leather, and heated seats. I guess she's going for the most basic configuration.

Any recent experiences in St Louis metro?
  • biancarbiancar Member Posts: 965
    Curious about what you guys are trading in. Another convertible for this one, or a sedan or something?

Idly wondering what I might get for a 2005 350Z Touring Roadster....
  • members78members78 Member Posts: 140
    Hi, this board seems to have died awhile ago but let's see if I can jumpstart it. Has anyone recently purchased a 128i 2009, and how much did you pay in light of the recession?

Also, is it worth purchasing the upgraded stereo or is the base model good? I was thinking about only adding xenon and ipod to keep costs down. Any input would be appreciated.

THanks,
    Dave
  • TeachndocTeachndoc Member Posts: 8
    Here's the deal:

2009 Alpine white 128series, sport package with manual transmission. Also added Sirius, IPOD, Premuim sound. Price paid $32000.00 Test drive knocked me over the fence and now I have to wait 4-6 weeks. Can't wait to take delivery.

David
  • denebjdenebj Member Posts: 16
    That's a good price !! With your configuration it is $34,000 before TTL on the BMW website !! How did you manage to pay only $32,000 ?
    The invoice on the car from Edmunds is $30,760.00 with my options and the MSRP is 33,395.00. I actually thought that I could've done better if I had pushed a little more but I'm happy with the deal and can't wait to take delivery.

David
    Ok, so you paid invoice on the car ^^ Which dealer is it ? The negotiation was hard ?
    Thanks
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    Ok, so you paid invoice on the car

No. He said invoice was under $31k and he paid $32k, so a little more than $1200 over invoice.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I meant before taxes :)
    Maybe I'm mistaken, but he never said the $32k price included TTL.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

ah, maybe, for me the "I paid 32k" meant after taxes :) I am sure though
    I am NOT sure though. Sorry :)
    Actually (I apologize in advance, but I am an editor and very picky about the written word), he wrote "Price paid $32000.00."

To me, price means the price (of the item) sans any fees, taxes, etc. Of course, for all we know, we could both be wrong and the author meant the price plus fees but sans tax. ;b

When I wrote price paid it was without taxes. Hope this clears things up.
  • jetzzsjetzzs Member Posts: 64
    Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing a 128i coupe with only the sports package($1300) and heated seats ($500). Does anyone know of any incentives coming out in February? Anyone have any recent prices paid?

Last week I got an offer from a local dealer (Omaha, Nebraska):

MSRP including destination``````````````````````````31,825
    minus 4.5% incentive````````````````````````````````` ``- 1433
    minus BMW finance incentive at 3.9%``````````` - 1000

Final price excluding TTL````````````````````````````` $ 29,332

Thanks for any comments and have a great weekend! :shades:
    Is that price for an 08 or 09? Automatic or manual? If it is an 09 with a stick, that is a great price.
    Yes, it is a 2009 with a manual transmission and only the sports package and heated seats. Edumuds invoice is $29, 515. Where are you located?
    I am located in New York. I ordered mine manual, sport, premium stereo, IPOD and Satrad. Final price was 32K excluding TTL. I may have to go back and rework my deal. Did you order or is the vehicle in stock? I ordered 3 weeks ago and I'm told that it may take 6-8 weeks.
    No, it would not be an order. They didn't have it on the lot but I think they were going to get it from somewhere nearby. According to Edmunds, the options you mention are about an extra $1275. Did you finance with BMW Financial Services? I would get an extra $1000 off for using their financing at 3.9%.
  • ckinskieckinskie Member Posts: 5
    What dealership did you go to?
  • ckinskieckinskie Member Posts: 5
    What dealership did you purchase from... this is the exact configuration I was looking for.
  • onedrunkenpoetonedrunkenpoet Member Posts: 1
    FYI, for those looking

I almost picked up a 2008 Sliver 135i coupe today near Chicago.

The MSRP was $39,400 and the dealer discounted it to $33,000, which is way under invoice. Crazy end of the month deal.

It was not what I was looking for, so I'm going to wait to BMW FS improves their lease incentives on the coupe - hopefully. The interest rate, the MF was 0.0026 = 6.24% while you can lease the convertible around 3%-

If anyone else is interested, Anderson BMW Crystal Lake. I worked with thier internet guy Doug-

All the best-
    John
    Wow, that sounds like a great deal! That is more than 16% off of MSRP! Our quote for a 2009 128i with sports package, heated seats, and manual transmission was 5% below MSRP (including everything but ttl). Price is $29, 948 and in addition with BMW financing (3.9% for 60 months) BMW will make the first two payments. Trade in is slightly less than kbb (I am assuming this is pretty good with the present economy).

My husband is ancy and wants to buy it without getting any other quotes! Unfortunately, I think he will be leaving some money on the table. If anyone else has any recent experience with purchasing a 1 series I would really appreciate hearing it.
  • sonic2000sonic2000 Member Posts: 11
    How much did you pay?
    Thanks.
    Hi,

We bought in March. There aren't many 128is available so we ended up gettting one on the lot. The only options it has are heated seats and ipod connector. We paid right at invoice, I think about $28,600 before ttl. We also did the BMW financing at 3.9% for 60 months and they make the first two payments. Originally they offered us $7000 for our trade in (2001 330i with premium package). After a couple days, they called and bumped it up to $7,500. Hope this helps, good luck!
    Thank you very much jetzzs for the reply.
    How do you like the 128i so far? Do you think 135i worthy?
    My 128 has been a nice driving car and I'm happy with. It could do with a bit more torque though.

I think the 135i, especially with the sport package, would be more fun (and the M logo is sexy), but it's hard for me to justify an extra $10,000 for the 135i.
    Thanks very much for the reply.

That's exactly what I am thinking.
    Maybe go 328i finally, just about $4000 different, plus 0.9 for 328i.

The sport package is a must have for me whatever 128i or 328i. But it's really not easy to find a car only with S.P., especially 128i.

M logo is sexy, but I don't think it (M Package) worthy $17xx more for 328i, and $13xx (?) more than sport package.
    Do you think so?

A dealer offers invoice for ordering what I want, which takes about 6 weeks, is it a good deal?

I want 128i or 328i only with sport package, manual.
    What else options are better to have?
    Invoice for something you have to order seems like a pretty good deal. If you haven't already, I would check the BMW website to see if there are any incentives. If there are, you may be able to get it for less than invoice (that is what I paid for a 128i on the lot).

The configuration you are thinking about is exactly what I wanted, but because I didn't want to wait for 6 weeks I took one they had on the lot (128i with only heated seats and ipod hookup). I was a little disappointed not to get the sports package.
    Thank you jetzzs.

Yes, exactly same here. They offered one 128i in the lot with heated seats and ipod/USB for $1000 off of the invoice, the deal is great.
    But it's not what I want, so I am going to order one.

I have not found any incentive for a manual 128i, though there probably $1250 (?) for 328i auto, $3000 for 335i, $750 for leasing.
    But the promotions are getting expired, there may be new things coming next month, we'll see.

If someone is paying less than invoice or knows they have this kind of package installed, please kindly let me know.
    Thanks.
  • gasmangasman Member Posts: 16
    sonic2000,

I'm in the market for a 128i equipped minimally as you mentioned. Where was the deal for $1000 under invoice?

Thanks
    They don't allow the dealer's info showing here, so you can leave your email, then I can send the info to you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,186
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rp401krp401k Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a new 2008 135i coupe, at the beginning of May 2009, Chicago area. It was still on the lot, having been delivered September of 2008. I has auto, premium package, sport package, cold weather package, and Ipod adapter. Black Metallic. Dealer asked $37,700, plus ttl and held firm. I could not resist and bought it. Used a credit union to finance at 4.99% for 6 years. Dealer stated incentives existed on 2009 1 series but not 2008. Sticker on car, was I believe $43,200.

Hope this helps,
    Richard
  • matchanmatchan Member Posts: 12
    Im looking at a 2010 128i, just the basics - auto transmission + ipod. MSRP is 31,190. Invoice is 29,130. Holiday cash of 1500. Dealer is willing to offer at 28k including holiday cash. I believe I can go lower - dont see too many 1 series cars flying off the lot. Want to know if 25.5k is reasonable or not .. Is it too low ?

What is the buying experience of other people in the last few weeks ?

Thx
  • ams_7ams_7 Member Posts: 10
    Hey guys, anyone in NJ just started leasing or about to start leasing a 128i convertible? if so, what are options do you have, how much did you get the car down to? how much are you paying a month and how much money did you pay upfront? If no one from New Jersey, I m willing to go to NY, Delaware or PA to get a good deal.

Your help and info will be really appreciated.
  • johnathonjohnathon Member Posts: 5
    I'm also looking to lease a 128i convertible - but in Dallas. The current advertised special is $369/month 36 months, 10,000 miles/year with about $4,500 drive off for a premium package and automatic.

I was quoted $439/month for 15,000 miles with a $7700 drive off with premium/auto/comfort and ipod. Seems rather high, especially the $7700 drive off.

So I'm still looking :confuse: