Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Azera Homelink

cool_herbpatcool_herbpat Member Posts: 5
edited August 2014 in Hyundai
Homelink set up is not easy and incorrect as stated in Azera manual/Homelink website but follow instructions below in the sequence..

I learned hardway....(This is done for Hyundai Azera Limited for Craftsman Garage door openers with door sensors..)

- Hold down the #1 & #3 door openers on mirror until all codes are cleared. Flashing red. (Only 20 seconds not up to 30 seconds...)

- Unplug power of the Garage Door overhead unit for garage you want to program homelink.

- Hold the garage door opener (remote) controller up against homelink mirror in the car...

- Press and hold garage door opener button of the garage you just unplugged controller and the button on the homelink mirror you want activate simultaneously for 3- seconds. Then relese both buttons.

- Repeate above step for 3-4 times...(This is important to do for Rolling codes Garage Door Opener...)

- Put your handheld garage door opener controller away. You're now done with it - for the Garage door you are doing.

- Plug back the overhead Garage Door unit and then press "Learn" button on the unit. You 20-30 secs for the next step.

- *** Make sure Garage door sensor would not activate other wise you have to repeat this step...*** (I had my car inside garage...-but still was able to access overhead motor unit...)

- Go to car of Mirror/Home link button of which earlier it learn from Handheld remote and press and hold that button on the mirror until the garage door over head light turn ON/OFF.. then release that Mirror homelink button..

Test: Press Mirror Homelink button of just programmed and see if Garage door Open/Close...

Repeat process for additional garage door openers...

May be some had done different but this is what I did and works Perfect for Two Garage doors...

Comments

• Options
    cdmuilecdmuile Member Posts: 152
    I don't remember any postings about problems with the Homelink setup. My garage doors, like yours, are Craftsman. I did notice that I can open/close the doors almost a block away whereas with the old car, the Jag S Type, I had to be about 2 doors away.
  • Options
    carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    Some openers are simpler than others. Apparently some newer models use rolling codes, so you have to set the Homelink and the door opener itself almost at the same time. I had to help a friend set his Acura and I was in the car and he was on a ladder at the opener motor.
  • Options
    stellsstells Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a Champion opener .
    I can't get it to work with my Azera and the Homelink website doesn't even have Hyundai listed. I guess I will have to use the remote and keep it in my car.
  • Options
    jamazerajamazera Member Posts: 149
    Bob

How's your beloved Azzy running ????
This discussion has been closed.