Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Jeep Grand Cherokee Need Help

cojimerocojimero Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Jeep
Hi folks! I need help on this: I own a jeep grand cherokee laredo 6 cyl. yr. 2000. After an stop to refuel the a/c fan only work in high speed. The compressor is fine, Thanks in advance, Joe :confuse:

Comments

• Options
    tuggajbtuggajb Member Posts: 646
    have a fan resister that has gone bad

located on pass side by feet well held in by two screws bout 2 to 3 inches long 2 inches wide has 3 or 4 wires pluged in to it remove screws unplug wires replace and you should be ok to go

have to get part from jeep (blower moter resister)
  • Options
    cojimerocojimero Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot tuqqajb!!! You replay save me a lot of time!! ;)
  • Options
    chdmedeiroschdmedeiros Member Posts: 1
    Hello All, Please be patient as I'm fairly new at the DIY on autos. I used the diags I got off of Autozone site to locate the thermostat. I removed the upper radiator hose and after much frustration got the center bolt out of the thermostat housing (sorry if I used the wrong word), BUT I cannot get to the lower bolt because the belt (not sure which one-guessing alternator) is in the way. Am I going about this all wrong? Do I need to loosen the alternator so the belt will lower enough to get to the bolt? The last time I attempted working on my own car was on a '80 Monte Carlo and I could almost sit inside the engine to work on it! LOL. Thanks for any help!
    Christine
  • Options
    tdad71302tdad71302 Member Posts: 18
    Alright everybody. I really need help. My 95 JGC isn't starting. I've had a few people say that they think it's not getting any spark. Anyone have any ideas about what else it could be? The plugs, wires, and cap are all new. All the relays are fine. HELP!!!!
  • Options
    jeepjimjeepjim Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

My 98 GC (99K, good condition) has the following problem:

I'm driving at normal speed.

The air bag and seat belt lights go on and stay on.

Then all the dash guages stop working, Even the odometer goes out.

I turn on the heater fan and all the warning lights on the dash go on and stay on.

The red security light on the top of the dash goes on and stays on.

The power windows stop working.

The radio has lots of interferance on the AM dial that it didn't have before.

All the while, the jeep runs fine, even the dash lights work when I turn them on.

I stop, turn off the jeep, take out the key.

I put the key back in and start it up.

Everything seems to be workng right now. Even the radio has no interferance.

This has happened 3 times this year.

Any ideas!!!

Thanks
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Try a voltmeter on your battery to see whether the voltage is what it should be (about 12.6 V).

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    how old is battery?

if more than two years old change battery try that cheaper than throughiny money at your prob looking for the cause if dont fix not that expensive
  • Options
    leighgleighg Member Posts: 1
    This happened to me too. I have a 1999 Grand Cherokee. All I did was get a new battery and it didn't happen again. I have something else happening now though. Every now and then when I start me car and start driving the alarm goes off while I'm driving and I can't turn it off I just have to wait until it has beeped for the aloted time. Any ideas anyone? The jeep garage couldn't find anything wrong.
  • Options
    topat46topat46 Member Posts: 20
    Hi All !....This is my second post about this issue. I need a motor for my power seat. When I try to purchase it from anywhere (dealer, junk yards etc.) I must buy the entire track. When I search e-bay and other areas most other motors are sold seperately. It seems that only mopar is sold as a unit. I was wondering if anyone knows who makes these motors. Another question is when the dealer changes the entire track with the motors attached, what is done with them? Do I have to start dumpster diving at my local jeep dealer or ?
    I would appreciate any information I could get. Thanks!
    topat46
  • Options
    i tryed to change my motor and after close looking figered that a junk yard replacement was in order os paid 120.00 for one all ok now
  • Options
    topat46topat46 Member Posts: 20
    Did you end up changing the entire track of the motor itself.........

Topat46
  • Options
    replaced the hole track assembly as a unit
    wasent to hard just remove 4 bolts holding to floor take seat with track out tip over remove old track replace in reverse order
    prob have to get track from same year and mod from junk yard
  • Options
    amm35amm35 Member Posts: 2
    I just recently baught a 2000 grand cherokee so i dont know alot about them....If i make a sharp turn it vibrates, does anyone know what might be wrong with it? Any comments would be would greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    matt73matt73 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 99 Jeep Gr.Cherokee Laredo that i recently replaced all rotors and pads on and now when i go to apply the brakes i get a rather loud clanking noise when stopping.Please help!
  • Options
    LarryLarry Member Posts: 2
    Haven had heat in2 yrs,no heat,Air compressor clutch wouldnt inguage,blower motor went out,Put resistor in beside blower motor got blower working.still no air,ran double wire 1 to battery 1 to clutch through fire wall to dash installed on off switch that gave me manuel air ,still have no heat .can feel heat in the heat air channel under dash but cant get it out into the car.
  • Options
    you do the replacement?
    if you did is noise coming from front or rear?
    if from front pad is not seated right
    from rear could be emergancy brake shoes hold down spring broken or fallen off shoes.
  • Options
    jeepbabyjeepbaby Member Posts: 1
    just bought my second jeep, love them. second day, belt broke, caused heat pump, fan, guard, radiator,to be replaced. Now- there is a grinding sound coming from back end. looked under and find some leakage from middle axle seal. could this be bad, also when you turn off the engine, can hear liquid running back into rear axle? ugh
  • Options
    h20s8h20s8 Member Posts: 2
    2000 Jeep GCL, starts fine, then after short drive, wont start, battery is good, replaced relays for starter and fuel pump, starter turns over fine, seems like its not getting fuel, then it will start on next try??? Fuel pump turns on when key is turned, any other troubleshooting I can do?
    thanx,
    H20s8
  • Options
    mwingemwinge Member Posts: 6
    '02 Jeep GC sat outside for 30 days. Battery dead. Replaced battery and car won't start. Clicking sound. Steering wheel doesn't lock does this have anything to do with not starting?
  • Options
    matt73matt73 Member Posts: 3
    thanks a lot ,i will take another look at it
  • Options
    mike_jones1mike_jones1 Member Posts: 3
    i own 04' cherokee and i think i'm having a short burn out my pump... can anyone relate??
  • Options
    if you changed the pump allready could prob not be a short
    have you run low on gas as they count on the pump to be in gas to help it run cooler
    i would also check the fuel regulator and return line to the tank, as if that is plugged or not working ok could put to much pressure in fuel system and cause the pump to work harder that designed to
  • Options
    mike_jones1mike_jones1 Member Posts: 3
    return line is good, i will try regulator next then. eng.code states o2 is bad. could that possibly cause this type of problem?? was gonna change that last but thinking of making that a priority...
This discussion has been closed.