Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lexus RX 350 auto answer feature

drgkjedrgkje Member Posts: 21
edited April 2014 in Lexus
just got an rx350 (2007)...paired my cell , works ok, but the navi system automatically answers the phone as soon a call comes in. i tried to disable that in RX's phones setting- there is an "auto answer" button, there is a line in the button that goes on off if you touch it but the results are the same-- auto answer is always on (note: auto answer is off in the phone, a moto v3m)

does any one knowhow to disable the auto answer function??

thanks

Comments

• Options
    dee30dee30 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone use a mid grade in their Rx 350. I just bought a 2008 from the dealer and it says you have to use premium.
  • Options
    ineedajobineedajob Member Posts: 12
    This is a function of your cell phone. Go into the menu of your cell phone and disable auto answer and you’re all se to go. I’ve tried it both ways, and I must admit, auto answer off is the way to go. Your phones rings, your nav shows who’s calling and you press talk (on the nav or on the wheel). I have a V3 also.
  • Options
    md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    dee30,
    In about 34,000 miles in my '07 RX350 I tried a tank or two of premium (93 oct), then a tank or two of midgrade (91 oct), then I switched to regular (87 oct) and can't tell the difference. No knocking and the mileage is the same. Try regular and see if you notice anything - if you hear knocking, move up a grade.

MD
  • Options
    drgkjedrgkje Member Posts: 21
    thanks for responding. that is the first thing i tried but it did not work. i think you are right it is the phone setting but looks like my phone defaults to auto-answer int blue-tooth mode. i'll give it another try- may be i did not do it right.
  • Options
    lexusboblexusbob Member Posts: 4
    I have spent three years driving 1 2007 RX 350 and used entry level unleaded with NO problems. Ran great!
  • Options
    maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Same thing here; 2007 RX350 with a little over 38,000 miles.

No problems using regular unleaded gas in almost three years!
  • Options
    lexusboblexusbob Member Posts: 4
    I have a new RX 350, 2010 without Nav. I have been successful in pairing my cell phone, LG model to the Bluetooth system and it works ok. However, I have been unable to pair a second cell phone, another LG same model to the same vehicle. Help with steps?

Bob
  • Options
    tyler70tyler70 Member Posts: 82
    if anyone can answer this for me.
    I want a DVD playback on the Navi screen on 2010 RX 350 (i dont want the dual screen in the back seats), can anyone tell me which option I need ? thanks
This discussion has been closed.