Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Routan Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
Ask your Routan lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• mgoblue3mgoblue3 Member Posts: 8
    I know I will have to negotiate price with the dealer, but what price can I expect for a:
    2009 SEL w/ RES
    15K per year
    36month lease (they offering 39 month right now and 39 is OK too)
    What am I looking at for residual %?
    What is the current money factor?
  • indianajohnsindianajohns Member Posts: 89
    FYI on the Routan, in case you haven't heard, it's a Chrysler Town & Country with Volkswagen badging. It shares nearly everything including some sheet metal, doors and roof. It's even built in the same plant in Ontario as the Chrysler vans. The only major difference is that the Routan doesn't have the Chrysler's Stow N' Go seating so if you needed to maximize cargo space you'd have to manually lift the hundred pound middle row seats out of the van. Sure there are subtle differences in the two. But I'd go with the Chrysler. The Chrysler Town & Country I mean, not the Chrysler Routan.
    Similar yes, same no. I have seen and researched both.
    I don't need to maximize cargo space, I have a truck, I need passenger space. Those "hundred pound seats" are more comfortable than the stow and go seats.

I am looking for a lease not a purchase. Chrysler doesn't lease their minivans.
  • indianajohnsindianajohns Member Posts: 89
    "I know I will have to negotiate price with the dealer, but what price can I expect"

At least $5K more than a Chrysler Town & Country. You could probably buy the Chrysler for the same payment as leasing the Routan.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mgoblue3. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 VW Routan SEL with RES and 15,000 miles per year are .00137 and 47%, respectively. Interestingly, the numbers are exactly the same for a 39 month lease, so that clearly is the better deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks for the info. The money factor of .00137 seems very attractive. I was quoted 49% residual for 15K per year and 51% residual for 12K per year.
    You're very welcome, mgoblue3. A .00137 money factor isn't bad. It's equivalent to an interest rate of around 3.3%.

Car_man
    Host
  • tcw5tcw5 Member Posts: 1
    I was looking for a second opinion on what I should be paying for a VW Routan lease as part of the sign then drive promotion.

The car is a Routan SE with Package 2 (Moon roof, roof rails and trailer prep) and Climate package (32720 including destination charge.)

I believe the residual is 52%, the quoted money factor is .00157 (I have heard that is should be .00137), for 39 months, 15000 miles per year. The dealer is taking $1,500 off the MSRP and there is $1,500 in VW loyalty, not sure how this is being added (dealer says it is being used to cover dmv fees and such.) There is a doc fee of $149.00, dmv fees of $338.50, the purchase is NJ with 7% sales tax.

The offer is $0 down $465.21 per month including tax, VW makes the first payment.

Does this sound right? I am not able to calculate this exact payment on my own and whatever I do come up with the dealership tells me is wrong, apparently the lease calculators I am using are not accurate (using both www.theautoleasecalculator.com and www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm)

Thanks,

Tom
    I just leased an SEL w/ RSE for 39 months. MSRP was 36,990. The money factor was .00137 and the residual for 15k miles was 49%. If I wanted 12k miles per year the residual would have been 51%. They did give me 1500 for dealer cash, 500 VW loyalty, and they paid the first payment.
  • raffiemraffiem Member Posts: 11
    what did your monthly payment come out to? if you dont mind...
  • conger14conger14 Member Posts: 25
    What was your purchase price as well and where did you buy from (what state at least)?
    My payments came out to $406.
    The key to me deal was getting the purchase price worked out and not using the MSRP as a "fixed" number. I will have to get my contact out of the van later when my wife gets home and post all my numbers.
    I'll have to post the details later when I can get the contract out of the van. I have a rough worksheet that I worked on with the dealer which lists MSRP as 36990, cap cost of 30,348.32. This cap cost was based upon a trade in of 2000 so actual purchase price was about 32000.
    I am in North Carolina.
  • chwtomchwtom Member Posts: 46
    i bought mine mine, but if it helps people gauge what their lease would go for, i got an SEL with RES for 33990 (plus tax and title). Hard to justify a lease when VW is offering 0% financing and the residuals are under 50%, but that's just me.

Good luck.
  • descartesdvd1descartesdvd1 Member Posts: 15
    anyone know the lease terms for an SE 3yr/12k? thanks.
    Here you go, descartesdvd1. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Routan SE without the entertainment system with 12,000 miles per year are .00056 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • beedadabeedada Member Posts: 3
    Picking up a 2010 Routan SE w/ RSE & Nav on Monday:
    36mo 36k mi lease in NY/NJ area
    $1000 total due at signing includes tax, 3yrs of NY tags, 1st mo payment
    $438/mo

Is this okay? Are there still 2009s left that I'm better off buying instead of this lease?
  • png148png148 Member Posts: 3
    Car_man

Please post May money factor and residual for 2010 VW Routan SEL Premium 36 months/12,000 miles/year. Any known incentives would be helpful as well.
    Here you go, png148. Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Routan SEL Premium without navigation or the entertainment package with 12,000 miles per year are .00015 and 43%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this van, make sure to take advantage of the $1,750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • png148png148 Member Posts: 3
    Inked deal for 2010 Routan SEL Premium, 2000 down + 1st Month, 480/month all inclusive.
  • rosenbj1rosenbj1 Member Posts: 20
    Hi CarMan,
    I'm looking to lease a Routan 2010, SE w/ RSE (no Nav), for 36mo, 12k/year. Can you tell me the residual and money factor? Thanks.
    Rosenbj1, Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Routan SE with RSE and 12,000 miles per year without navigation are .00012 and 44%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $2,250 cash incentive that Volkswagen is currently providing on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • robin27robin27 Member Posts: 10
    Can someone tell me the residual, etc. on this vehicle? Thanks.
  • nick_metronick_metro Member Posts: 22
    Hi CarMan,
    I'm looking to lease a Routan 2010, SE w/ RSE (no Nav), for 36mo, either 12k or 10k/year. Can you tell me the residual and money factor for each?

Thanks very much!
    Nick
    I'd be happy to help you out, robin27.

Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for 36 month lease of a 2010 Routan SEL Premium with navigation, entertainment, and 15,000 miles per year are .00007 and 43%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this van, make sure to take the $3,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through VW Credit into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Nick. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Routan SE with entertainment and 12,000 miles per year are .00003 and 42%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal on the Routan SE, make sure to take advantage of the $3,250 cash incentive that Volkswagen is currently providing on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • heathernjheathernj Member Posts: 24
    edited September 2010
    Hey CarMan...looking for some info on a 36 month lease, 15,000 miles per year. Also, am I reading the current incentives correctly that there is $4,000 incentive on leases through 11/1/10? I am looking at either model, depending on what is still left. Thanks in advance! I'm in NJ, if that makes a difference.
    Hey heathernj. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Routan SEL w.RSE and 15,000 miles per year are .00113 and 42%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Routan SEL Premium are .00011 and 38%.

There is indeed a $4,000 cash incentive on leases of the Routan SEL through VW Credit right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • bleeb1bleeb1 Member Posts: 1
    can anyone tell me what the Money rate and residual for Oct. 2010 is for the following:

VW Routan SEL with NAV & RES
    VW Routan SE with NAV & RES.

i am looking to purchase or lease, is the $4000 manufacturer cash back incentive still valid for a lease through Volkswagen?
    I'd be happy to help you out, bleeb1.

Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Routan SEL with NAV, RES, and 15,000 miles per year are .00113 and 42%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Routan SE with NAV and RES are .00058 and 40%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $5,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • ucjjgucjjg Member Posts: 28
    Hi Car_Man,

Two questions:
    1) Could you please post the MF and Residual for an SEL Premium? (15,000 miles / 36 mo.)

2) Any foresight as to whether the deals in November will be as good / better than October? The $5000 marketing support seems hard to beat, but the incentives have only escalated the last several months.

Thanks,

UCJJG
    Hi ucjjg. Volkswagen Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Routan SEL Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00011 and 38%, respectively.

The $5,000 dealer cash is not compatible with the special lease program, but Volkswagen has a $4,000 cash incentive on the Routan SEL that is.

Volkswagen's current incentives are scheduled to run through November 1st. It is difficult to say what its new November programs will be like at this point.

Car_man
    Host
  • search4carsearch4car Member Posts: 30
    So what are the November deals. Is there still the 5k dealer cash?

Also, know if they are going to do a lease pull ahead program for the passat in the next few months?
    Hi search4car. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Routan SE with RES, Nav, and 15,000 miles per year are .00076 and 39%, respectively.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $4,000 cash incentive on leases of this van.

VW is running a pull ahead program for leases right now, but only for current lessees of the Touareg or Jetta. It's difficult to say whether they will extend this program to the Passat at some point in the future.

Car_man
    Host
  • mghanemghane Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Could you please provide updated money factor and residual info since the last request was made in 2010? Also, other than the 0% APR for 72 mos, any VW incentives being offered currently? Lastly, the dealer I spoke to out here in Southern CA stated that I could take advantage of 0% APR offer only at MSRP. Is this true?

Thanks in advance!
  • caa1caa1 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Car Man,

I'd like to second the above request as well please. Looking to purchase in the next week or so and this would be a great help. Can you provide March 2011 numbers for:

2011 Routan SE w RSE / NAV
    36 months / 12k miles

Any help would be much appreciated. :)
    Hi mghane. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Routan SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00079 and 42%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Routan SEL are .00084 and 40%.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of the SE and $1,750 on the SEL.

What you were told about having to pay full MSRP to take advantage of the special financing offer is not correct. That's just the dealer trying to make more money off of you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello caa1. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Routan SE with RSE & NAV and 12,000 miles per year are .00055 and 43%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • grbishopgrbishop Member Posts: 1
    Was looking at leasing a 2011 Routan SE with RSE and 12k per year. Any updated info on money factor, residual or incentives currently offered? Considering purchase with the 0% for 72 mo, but not sure if that will still be available in June?
    Hi grbishop. Volkswagen is still providing 0% for 72 months in June. As far as the lease program goes, VW Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Routan SE with RSE and 12,000 miles per year are .00037 and 41%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $3,500 cash incentive on leases of the Routan SE.

Car_man
    Host
  • ttribecattribeca Member Posts: 12
    Hey car man,

You rule.

Can you give me the numbers for a lease on the above car for 36 months, 12k/yr? Top credit.

We're getting the runaround right now...

Thanks!!!
    Thanks ttribeca :). Volkswagen Credit's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Routan SE RSE with Navigation and 12,000 miles per year are .00098 and 40%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

VW is currently providing a $4,000 cash incentive on leases of this van through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • bully5bully5 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_Man

Looking at the SE with RSE or Premium in Georgia. Dealers are offering 8K and 10K discounts on closeout models. Looking for residual and money factors.
    Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    Hello bully5. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Routan SE with RSE and 15,000 miles per year are .00093 and 38%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Routan SEL Premium are .00074 and 35%.

Car_man
    Host
  • chad75chad75 Member Posts: 109
    With VW's current 0.0% 60-month financing deal, I took a look at what Routans are selling for, and AAA/TrueCar are suggesting as much as $9,500 can be negotiated off of an SEL model... true? If so, purchasing would make more sense than leasing.

That said, just to compare, do you have lease factors available for the 2012 Routan SEL w/ Navigation for SWFL (33901), 12k miles per year, 36 months?

Thank you!
  • jlkhjlkh Member Posts: 28
    Do you have the lease factors for the SEL Premium, 12k and 15k miles, 36 mos., in Illinois? Also, Is there are additional lease incentive of $5250?
    Hi chad75. Volkswagen is currently providing a massive $5,250 cash incentive on leases of the 2012 Routan SEL through VW Credit. On top of that, a typically equipped one has a spread of around $1,500 or so between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price and you're looking at almost $7,000 to work with. I don't believe that loaded Routan SELs are exactly flying off of dealer lots, so you might even be able to get one for under invoice minus incentives, but $9,500 is a pretty big chunk. You can always give it a shot and see what happens.

Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Routan SEL with 12,000 miles per year are .00011 and an unattractive 40%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jlkh. VW Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Routan SEL Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00011 and 38%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Volkswagen is indeed providing a cash incentive of $5,250 on leases of this van right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • onatamonatam Member Posts: 1
    What are the lease rates coming in for an SE with RSE and Navi? Looking to lease 12000 / 36. Saw promo for S at $249 a month. Looking to get a little below that with trading in my '06 Passat for the SE w RSE & NAVI, possible?
    Greetings onatam. Through September 4th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rare lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Routan SE with RSE, Nav and 12,000 miles per year are .00016 and 43%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this van, make sure to take advantage of the significant $4,750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host