Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Passat CC Lease Questions

Comments

• monacodkmonacodk Member Posts: 11
    The lease on my 2010 CC Sport is ending in about 3 months. I've never leased a car before, so I don't really know what to expect. I know I will be forced to make a decision - turn over the car to VW or buy it. The purchase price per the lease docs is right around $14k.

Question #1 - My car will have around 37,500 miles at the time of lease expiration. I will have no mileage overages; maybe be forced to pony up for tires and/or brakes. Would it be a good decision to purchase at this price?

Question #2 - Given the above, does VW negotiate the residual purchase price, or do they stick to what is stated in the contract?

Question #2a - Assuming they won't budge on the purchase price, what about getting them to certify the car with an extended warranty?

Having never been through this process before, I'm not quite sure what to expect. Appreciate any feedback from those that have recently gone through a CC lease expiration process.

Many thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi monacodk. Typically I've found that the end-of-term purchase prices on many leased vehicles tend to be on the high side. Of course, this varies from deal to deal. You should compare your car's purchase option price to the used vehicle value that is listed for this car over in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

You also should consider giving VW Credit, or whichever bank your deal is through, a call directly to see if they would be willing to negotiate your car's purchase price. I have seen banks work with customers in the past. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • gelfingelfin Member Posts: 1
    Leased 2013 CC Sport with Lighting package, Auto DSG, black interior and exterior (MSRP $32,550) , 15 K a year, 42 months including extended warranty from 36 to 52.5 K. The price is $313 a month with $1500 down ( all taxes and fees included). Don't know if it was a good deal.
  • club241club241 Member Posts: 25
    I leased a 2013 VW CC Sport Plus for $365/month 36 months 12K/year 0 down.
  • ogbuffguyogbuffguy Member Posts: 42
    Can I get the MF and residual for a 2013 CC sport plus for 36 months for 12k miles a year. Also is there any rebates and bonuses this month in southern california?
  • lepialepia Member Posts: 45
    Hello all,

I have a 2012 lease. The lease is 15 months old. I only have 9200 miles and the car has no scratches.

I would like to take advantage of the sign and drive event vw is offering.

Is it possible to turn in my lease and get into a new one without any penalties, and making the same monthly payments as my current lease?

Are there any incentives to VW owners and if yes, do these incentives apply to me?

Let me know what to expect from the dealer and how to negotiate the deal,

Thanks,
  • htsuhtsu Member Posts: 7
    Car_man,

Help me with my first lease ever...please. Seems like a good deal to me, but I'm pretty clueless about all of this, even after lots of reading. Example: no idea what my MF is.

2013 CC Sport Plus
    MSRP $34140
    Neg price $29838
    Residual $17078

TX title/reg/inspection fees $120
    Doc fee $125
    Acq fee $625
    TX taxes $1864

$379 @ 42 mos (all taxes and fees included)

Many thanks...
    Here's the information that you're looking for ogbuffguy. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CC Sport Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is indeed cash incentives on leases of this car right now, specifically Volkswagen is providing $3,000 on leases of the CC Sport and it's waiving the first month's payment as well.

Nearly 0% interest plus three grand is a heck of a good deal on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lepia. How long is your lease scheduled to run? After only 15 months I suspect that you are still very far away from its scheduled termination date. If that is indeed the case, it will most likely be fairly expensive for you to get out of your car right now. You probably will be better off waiting until you are closer to your current vehicle's scheduled termination date to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings htsu. You've come to the right place. Let's take a look at the deal that you were offered. The car that you described probably has a spread of $1,400 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. In addition to that, Volkswagen is currently providing a $3,000 cash incentive on leases of it right now. That's a total of around $4,400 to play with in your negotiations. That's pretty close to the discount that you were quoted, so it looks like you are getting this car for right around invoice...which is a good deal.

Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses VW Credit's outstanding money factor of .00001 (top credit tier) to calculate your car's payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • imoumniimoumni Member Posts: 34
    Car man,

you seem very knowledgeable, I was wondering if you could help me figure out what kind of offer I can expect for a manual,

I am looking for a cc sport 6m (invoice - 500) - $3000 incentive comes to 26675 negotiated price.

MSRP is 31430

reg + insp + title in MA comes to $154

doc fee lets assume 200

acq fee ? 625?

tax rate .0625

I am looking into sign then drive w/ 12000 miles, preferrably 36 months.

what should my payment be in this case assuming best credit rating. If i have any more bit of info to provide let me know

thanks!
  • ibslatesibslates Member Posts: 10
    Car_Man,

what are the current MF and Residual for a CC Vr6 4Motion? I am looking for 36/42 months and 15k miles per year. I also understand there are some other incentives on this car--please share.

Thanks!
  • jthiggsjthiggs Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Here is an offer I received for 42mo lease on CC Sport w/ Lighting. I want manual transmission and wish I could get navigation with this but not available til R Line comes in stock later in 2013.

How good of a deal is this compared to other VW specials throughout year?

0 Down, 49% Residual, 0.00001 money factor;
    32,205 MSRP, 30,790 Invoice
    My Price: 27,300, including 3k rebate. Monthly pmt is 320 after PA taxes and other fees.

If I really want stick + nav - what do you think waiting til R line available will cost me?
    Thanks imoumni. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. Using the lease program that runs through today, January 2nd, I estimate that a 2013 CC Sport Plus that has an MSRP of $31,430 and a selling price of $26,675 would have a 36-month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $288.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ibslates. Through January 2nd, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CC VR6 4Motion with 15,000 miles per year are .00008 and 49% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00008 and 45%.

There's a $2,750 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man,

thanks for replying, can you confirm to me that the residual you used was 54% and money factor 0.00001, also the acq fee was included in the monthly you quoted?

Assuming I make the deal do they take care of that first monthly payment? Meaning I should only pay tax+title+inspection + doc fee?

Im hoping these rates hold for january or else I will have to adjust.... How soon do we find out the january data?

thanks again!
    Hi imoumni. The money factor for this car is indeed .00001. The residual value for a 36-month, 12,000 mile per year lease of this car is 52%.

I did not include the acquisition fee in the payment that I worked up for you.

Volkswagen extended its December lease program through January 7th. It's difficult to say what this car's lease program will be like after that.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man,

it looks like the cash offer is even better this month. One question I have is whether the money factor is still the same and residual for 36 months/ 12k miles.

thanks!
  • atos2013atos2013 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    Hello Car_man,

I am in the market for CC R-line in Southern CA. What would be the best deal on 36 month lease with 10k or 12k miles.

Please need your help: What is the money factor, residual? Is any cash incentive that currently available? What do you think would be a monthly payment with 0 down? I have tier 1 credit score.
  • krpprkrppr Member Posts: 5
    I'd like to get a good, fair deal. I'm in southeastern PA, outside of Philly, not in Philly. I'd like to do a true ZERO down and have 12k a year. It really doesn't matter if it's 36, 39 or 42 months. I heard the deals now are fantastic. I'd like a low money factor and price obviously but I really don't know what others are paying. My credit is about 750.
    Thank you, in advance to the person who responds to this email!
    KRPPR :)
  • krpprkrppr Member Posts: 5
    Can anyone respond to the last two posts? Thanks so much!
  • mrtowersmrtowers Member Posts: 7
    I just closed the following deal here in Austin, TX for a CC 2013 DSG sport w/leds, and some accessories: spoiler, mat kid, and chrome exhaust tips.

36mo with 12k miles
    MSRP of $33,470 + tax, lic, reg, etc.
    Discount: $4,157.64
    Down: $600
    payment: $400
    MF: 0.00010, Residual: 51%

Any comments? I will be signing the papers tomorrow... unless somebody thinks I can do better.. lol

Cheers.
  • getwirednengetwirednen Member Posts: 44
    I am looking for the latest 36mo lease information for the 2013 CC. Money Factor, Residual, and any cash offers. Thanks in advance!
  • packi64packi64 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Could you please provide the current money factor, bonus cash, and residual for a 42 month lease with 12K per year on a '13 CC Lux 2.0T?

Thanks,

Patrick E
  • matthewsjlmatthewsjl Member Posts: 13
    Just picked up a new Sport Plus (10k/36mo) in North NJ:

MSRP: $34,290
    Selling price: $29,500 (including lease incentive)

Due at signing:
    Cap reduction: $223.70
    Reg: $229.50
    Doc: $349
    NJ Tire: $7.50
    1st Month 372.97

Monthly payment $372.97
    MF=0.0001
    Residual=52%
    Incentives=$3,500

John.
  • ssedhassedha Member Posts: 4
    Just picked up a 2013 VW CC Lux yesterday
    15k/36 months in Columbus, OH

MSRP: $36,415
    Selling Price: $30,250 (including lease incentive)

Due at Signing:
    Tax, Title, License, Doc, 1st Months Payment + $536 CASH

Monthly Payment: $395 (which includes tax, acq. fee)
    MF: .00020
    Residual: 48%
    Incentive: $3250

Anyone think this is a good deal?
    Hi imoumni. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CC sport plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00010 an 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $3,500 cash incentive on leases of this car this month.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello atos2013. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CC R-Line with 12,000 miles per year are .00010 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

I think that there's a $3,250 cash incentive on leases of this car this month.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi krppr. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CC Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00010 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over invoice minus the available $3,500 cash incentive on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi getwired. The CC's lease program varies by trim level. You can get an idea of what this car's current lease program is like by looking over the past couple of posts. If you want a different version of this car, let me know. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly Patrick. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 CC Lux 2.0T with 12,000 miles per year are .00084 and 46% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $3,250 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you very much for the information - I really appreciate it!
  • lawbrokerlawbroker Member Posts: 5
    Was offered the exact same deal in AZ today, give or take a couple of dollars. In hindsight do you still think it was a good deal?
    Hi again Car Man!

Well, now that it's February I need to ask you for some new information. Could you please provide me with the money factor and lease incentive for a 36mo./12K lease on a 2013 CC Sport Plus?

I am also planning to purchase a Treg Lux, making use of the 0% financing. Can't I still make use of the $2,000 Dealer Incentive and $999 Holdback if financing at the 0% rate through VW Credit?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on these questions!

Patrick E
  • mikerod2mikerod2 Member Posts: 2
    I just got a VW cc with ligthing Package on Jan 31.
    36mo lease / 12k miles.

0 Down
    351.00 per month including FL tax of 7% so without tax is like 328.00 per month

Did not pay for new tag, dealer fees, or first paymet. I guess they allocate these costs in within my 35 payments.

I would have gotten even a lower monthly payment if went to 42 month, but did not take it, since VW bumper to bumper warranty expires at 36 months, so I did not want to risk it.

Dont ask me what was the money factor or residual, since I would not know. When I lease, I only negotiate 0 down payment, my monthly payment, # of month and # of miles. The rest always falls into place.

Noted I was able to get this deal after intense negotiation between 3 VW local dealers, and also waiting to the last date of the month to sign the papers.
  • cpz1cpz1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car Man,

My CC Sport lease is over in a week. I see there are two incentives $ 2,500 & $3,000 up to 02.28.13. Can they be combined? Can they be deducted from sale price obtained from True Car.com? What is February residual and money factor for CC Sport Plus 15K/ year, 36 month, NY?
    You're welcome packi64 :).

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Patrick. VW Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CC Sport Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $3,000 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

The $2,000 dealer cash incentive that is available on the 2013 Touareg is not compatible with ay other special programs, like finance or lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cpz1. Volkswagen is currently providing a $3,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2013 CC Sport. The $2,500 that you saw is probably for other CC trim levels. These offers cannot be combined. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the lease cash.

Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CC Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00001 and 49% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • javacafejavacafe Member Posts: 2
    Could you please share the dealer name? I just received a quote on a 2013 CC Sport w/LED for $359/month, 36 months with 1000 up front. I emailed that I wanted to get the car for 330 and they said they couldn't do it. :confuse:

Thanks so much!
  • jb659jb659 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in a 3 yr. / 15k lease on a 2013 CC R-line and have been quoted a payment of $499 a month (down from their original ask of $509). I am not interested in putting any money down with the exception of $500.

MSRP: $34,335 (also adding 18 inch Thunder Bi color rims ... for $1,250)

I asked about the lease money factor and was told it is currently 0.0003125 where I have seen 0.0001 for top tier borrowers listed on this discussion.

This seems a bit high compared to some of the other quotes on this discussion.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to take advantage of the Feb. $3000 lease incentive.
  • treza1treza1 Member Posts: 1
    I think this is a great deal, but I want to make sure. I got a bad deal on my Maxima when I bought it so I will get a good deal this time. :)

Automatic 2013 VW CC w/LEDS
    MSRP. $33,125
    Selling price. $26,200
    Residual value. 50%
    Disposition fee $350
    Down pmt. $700
    Monthly payment $309+ taxes

If I purchase the car after 3 years will the price be $16,562 half the MSRP?

What is MF?

Thank you - T
  • mikers1981mikers1981 Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2013
    Was given these numbers.
    CC Sport with LED lighting DSG
    36 month
    15,000 miles
    0 down, sign and drive
    $26900 cap cost
    $15842 residual
    .00012 money factor
    $355 a month everything included. Opinions ??
  • DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    sounds pretty good as is, I'd just try squeezing them a little, let's say, to at least $340..
    edited March 2013
    I'm curious how they got it down from 32,000 to 26,000. I'm seeing there may be a $3,500 incentive. A question I have, maybe Car_Man can help, the national deal says 279 a month with 2999 due at signing. Fine print says deal is based off MSRP, but then stats includes dealer contributions of over 4,000. What exactly does that mean ??
  • ar11784ar11784 Member Posts: 2
    TMV for the R-Line is $29,262. Does this number already include the $3500 dealer incentive (dealer cash) being offered by VW for this month? Meaning when I am calculating my lease deal is the Cap Cost $29,262 and Net Cap Cost $25,762? or is the Cap Cost actually $32,762 and the Net Cap Cost the same as the TMV $29,262?

Thanks in advance!

Also for anyone wondering below are the numbers I received from my dealer today.

Residual- 51%
    MF- .00012
  • matthewsjlmatthewsjl Member Posts: 13
    You should be shooting for invoice less whatever incentive is on the table. Ignore TMV for the moment as it's likely not accurate given the dealer incentives that are available.

Ballpark, the R-Line auto should be about $350->$400 depending on the sales tax situation.

John.
  • ar11784ar11784 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks John. Appreciate your input!
  • iggy_bbpiggy_bbp Member Posts: 3
    I am curious which dealership gave you this deal and which city this is in.
    World VW in Toms River NJ. I never went ahead with the deal because I'm trading in a lease that doesn't have enough equity in it right now.