Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• crankeeecrankeee Member Posts: 298
    bwia: Methinks the ole bashers are back. We had the one joker that complained about EVERYTHING on his Lacrosse. I thought he had GM "take it back", but he still posts complaints. Strange behavior unless he gets paid to post untruths for some reason. Some people are just unhappy and can not move on.
    Our 2010 CXL has been great and really a lot of value for the money. We are truly fortunate to have good cars and good roads to drive them on. Enjoy!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    Why not just take the questions at face value until proven otherwise? There's no evidence to support that this person is a "basher." The best bet is to post your OWN experience with the product, and if the member returns and posts specific concerns, address them then.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• vuenetvuenet Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    I have a 2010 Buick LaCrosse and many of the CD's I've recorded onto the hard drive don't record with the names of the albums/artists or tracks. All that comes up is the date it was recorded and number of tracks. Can't exactly remember something by the date I recorded into the hard drive. Any suggestions?
  • bobbob2bobbob2 Member Posts: 28
    Vuenet,

Hope an answer pops up as I am stumped also on a 2011 LaX
  • joelippard3joelippard3 Member Posts: 18
    The only way you can get it to do that is to rip the CD to your computer, then name the folder on the computer that contains the CD, then name the track ( if they are not already) transfer that to a zip drive or blank CD/DVD then save it to the car. I wish the technology were far enough along that the car would sync to a server which automatically pulled the track names in and also backed up the hard drive and vehicle customization settings to a cloud server.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,032
    There are credible reports of Hyundai, among others, paying agents to troll message boards such as this and to do exactly what those posters here are doing. I don't know if the bashers here are on someone's payroll or not, but the pattern is similar.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    edited September 2012
    I have a 2010 Buick LaCrosse and many of the CD's I've recorded onto the hard drive don't record with the names of the albums/artists or tracks.

Perhaps the CDs were not original. If that is the case you should do what joelippard3 suggested.
  • fvideomanfvideoman Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone installed an aftermarket GPS unit in their 2010 - 2013 Lacrosse? More specifically I am interested in how well this aftermarket GPS product works and if it was easy to install. The model number of the equipment I am considerin to purchase is OCG-5068R Radio DVD GPS Navigation Headunit for Buick Lacrosse and it is made in China; which makes me somewhat nervous. I would be interested in hearing your comments even if you are not the owner but know of someone who has experience with any aftermarket GPS equipment.
  • mike189mike189 Member Posts: 24
    i feel really stupid , i have a 2011 buick lacrosse cxl awd with all options less nav and rear entertainment , i love the car , but one thing i cant figure out is the memory seats , i do have keyless entry , and have memory seat position set on position 1, seat and mirrors work perfect , but when unlock d/s front door , the seat does not move to that position , but i do have seat set that when you open the drivers door , the seat will go back all the way , easy exit function
    now i am a work for a bmw dealer , and bmw has this mastered in reference to memory seats , and car key memory , and i am not putting down buick, the lacrosse is a awesome car , i could have had a bmw 550 xi for the same amount as the lacrosse , but i wanted the buick , i set bmw car key memory easily , so what is it that i am doing or not doing, i looked on u tube but they ise a car with nav, the settings are not the same , been there done that ,
    other than that my lacroose is awesome , no complaints here
    if gm customer svc can help ,id appreciate it
    btw i have personally wrote a letter to mr thompson at buick marketing how happy i am with the dealership and the car , i made a great choice
    thanks
    mjm
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Member Posts: 1,380
    As I recall, on the 2011 there were separate settings for it to move back for easy exit, and that setting is called that, and the settings for it to move into place for driving.
    If you can get it to move to your settings with the settings button, you may be happier with that option. Try it and see. The reason I say that is GM programming has been ultimately stupid and they refuse to fix at my last experience. Originally the seat started moving the moment you pulled the door handle, using passive entry. They eventually introduced a 1 second delay, but they could do better. That was demonstrated by a loaner the dealer had me in which had a full 3 seconds. That vehicle got reprogrammed to the 1 second. Dealer told me GM wanted them all alike at the 1 second, otherwise they may have to fix all to the 3 seconds for free.
    Also CXL AWD may function somewhat differently. Early 2011 seat memory issues were to be fixed by module replacement. Then GM changed that to reprogramming if it was a CXS with blind spot monitoring, if I remember correctly. You can find it in the TSB listing if interested. The reprogramming was crap.
    Did GM ever fix the boots falling down on rear shocks? I have not yet seen that correction. You can easily check yours by looking behind rear wheel, as look inward from side. You will see a shiny rod oriented mostly vertical if the problem still exists. I presume you will be doing salt and snow driving with the AWD. Dirt, dust, corrosive salt, etc. will get on that shock piston rod and cause an earlier failure of the shocks piston rod seals. GM has probably determined that failure will not happen within warranty. So you will get bit with both shock and boot assembly if not taken care of within warranty.
    There were many changes coming part year as they were available. There may have been GM literature errors on top the rest of mess. H-arm rear suspension was originally standard on AWD and CXS, that is according to GM papers available from about JAN 2010. 2011 models were available from around JUL of 2010. Shortly, the H-arm became an option on CXS with package including Touring (full time electronic suspension) and different wheels/tires.
    I had presumed the H-arm was listed on AWD because of rear drive shafts. That is, it may not have been possible to add rear drive with the other suspension.
    Would you please post back if the boots have fallen on the rear shocks? It seems to be a near certainty on other models. AWD is less common and nice to know if they are affected as badly.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good morning mike189!

We're glad to hear how much you are loving your LaCrosse! I hope that I'm able to help you through the seat confusion.

If I understand your post correctly, your primary question is how to get the seat to adjust to your setting using the key fob?

To my understanding, the settings of the seat and mirrors are programmed to the key fob when the ignition is placed in the "Off" position (whether or not the "Easy Exit" setting interferes with this or not, I'm not sure).

The way it should work with the key fob is that when you press the unlock button on the fob and then open the driver's door, it should recall the seat and mirror positions last saved to that key fob. There is a setting you have to turn on under vehicle personalization (check out p. 5-44 in your Owner's Manual) - had you done this already?

I hope this is helpful for you - keep us posted!
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
    Heads up to those who have been bashing those who have had problems with vehicle.
    Leslie Stahl, the lady who does news pieces, did a piece the other night featuring a new testing program at GM. The GM man, Mr. William Bell talked about the testing they were now doing. Also they did some of it on camera.
    Mr. Bell said that when they first started the program and tested the Lacrosse, it was a big disappointment.
    Maybe it will get better.
    That sounds about right. Now noting that he does not have the NAV, he likely has the tiny screen.
    Unsure if having NAV changes how the system works, or how it changes since the update program was listed for CXS with blind spot only, on that one there was a difference I was told by dealer. I was told by dealer that using the remote to activate unlocking/memory there would be no delay in movement of seat. I never personally verified because I always used the (passive opening ?) door handle recognizing FOB presence part of system.

To me, it seems ridiculous that GM has not been able to increase the delay for seat movement. Or fix the accidental trunk opening because the remote button gets bumped with FOB in pocket. I've now had my Lincoln MKS 7 months and never had the trunk open inadvertantly. This system requires 2 distinct pushes of trunk button. Apparently the GM system can't be taught to count to 2.
    "To my understanding, the settings of the seat and mirrors are programmed to the key fob"
    Perhaps it is a play on words. The FOB remembers nothing, except it is #1 or #2 or assigned position relative to the onboard system. A FOB will always transmit the same info. Matching a FOB to a vehicle is done within the onboard, that is the onboard is taught to recognize a FOB as belonging to the vehicle. I'm not sure where that mis-information started, but it was told to me by 800-customer service.
    Rider: We thought you "turned in " your Lacrosse, Malibu or whatever GM product you bashed for years and then moved on - or NOT! Most posters on Edmunds like their lacrosse and GM cars in general. Life is too short for the inane griping and constant chatter on life's little problems. Cars are tools to get around your life in - not a zen moment. good luck with your bashing contract or activities or whatever you do for fun. we love our 2010 CXL.
  • rainman5542rainman5542 Member Posts: 114
    Never had the problem on my 2010 CXS. I turned it in about 6-7 weeks before the 27 month lease ended. Got a check back for $1090 due to condition and ow miles (17900). I'm now driving a Buick Regal GS Turbo Six Speed stick. An even better car. Better visibility, better sound system, and better gas mileage. Lowered my lease payment by $220 (39 mo.)
    "Can I say, "Pain in the [non-permissible content removed]?""

What irony.
    Good morning e_net_rider,

"Every time the ignition is placed in OFF, the positions of the driver seat and outside mirrors are automatically stored to the RKE transmitter that was used to start the vehicle." p. 3-6 of the 2011 LaCrosse Manual

In looking further, it appears that what would have once been on a fob has been integrated with the key, and so my use of the word "fob" appears to have been in error. I apologize for my mistake and will be more diligent in my terminology so as to avoid confusion.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    Let's stick to talking about the vehicle and avoid any personally-directed comments, which cause posts to disappear.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

thank you e net rider, i finnally now have the mirrors to work properly , and still the seat does not move , my lacrosse is a 2011 early production , march 15,2011, if this was a bmw , i would have had it figured out , but believe it or not , i do believe gm has maybe copied bmw on some of the ways and ways of some features , even a friend stated the same thing , and bmw does not repeat does not follow any body elses way , the set their own way , so at times figuring out something , you can not compare it to anything else, i have a svc appt coming up soon , i will bring up my issuie then , i will not let it drive my crazy , but i do thank you for your help ,
    mjm
    These threads here are filled with his growling, so much so that it had me a little nervous before I bought my LaCrosse.

The only problems I have had on my 2010 CXS is that the battery had to be replaced (it was bad to start with) and fully covered under warranty, and my NAV system had to be reprogrammed (also under warranty). I'm at 30k miles and highly satisfied. I do feel that a car of this cailber could come with better tires. The stock Goodyears are almost gone and have developed some light cupping. I think I'm going to replace with a General G-Max, purchased thru my dealer.
    edited October 2012
    Joe: It gets a little tiresome to hear anyone gripe constantly when they are fortunate to have a brand new higher end car to drive when others can barely afford gas. Unfortunately, the negative bashing gets more response hits than the positive posts - so some people encourage the bashers - regardless of true motive. A car is only a platform to carry many expendable parts that are designed to be installed by semi-skilled or unskilled workers in many countries. The parts are interchangeable (thank you Eli Whitney and Henry Ford) in most cases, so we don't pay the cost of the space shuttle. most of the time bad parts are intercepted in the process, so we get good dependable cars. This buyer is thankful for well built safe cars at reasonable prices.
    Our 2010 Lacrosse CXL has been a truly beautiful performer at a fair price.
    30,000 miles for tires , no matter who makes them is pretty good , dont blame the tires really , were they driven with proper tire pressure ,??? i personally add 3 psi more , it may ride a bit stiffer , but the handling is so much better , plus tires will last a bit more , new car inflation pressures are for people who like that new car plush soft ride , but there is a price to pay for it
  • bobbob2bobbob2 Member Posts: 28
    rider

"Glad' to hear someone else with trunk/fob problems...misery loves company I guess. I have to leave my fob on kitchen counter or more annoying at work on my desk because my trunk has popped so often from pocket pressure. I can t believe no one in development picked this up. Thankfully I have great co-workers who will alert me my trunk has opened in parking lot. Nothing says 'happiness' like a trunk full of soaked articles!
    GM obviously has idiots. Wait till Christmas time and you find someone shopping in your trunk.
    30K for tires, are you kidding me? I had not had any tires that lasted less than 50K since Firestone's 500, rated 50K, 3 separated by 24K, EXCEPT crappy Goodyear with touring package. I did not pay because 2 went bad within 12K miles. The tires when very new were probably living to expectations on perfect asphalt, except very noisy.
    GM's autobahn vehicle came with mostly Eagles, few Michelin, V-rated. Forum owner's of that vehicle, ~85% of them believed the Khumo was a far superior tire to OE, Pirelli, Michelin, et all. Something to think about, but I am partial to Michelin since least disappointment.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,856
    It is a well known issue that the LaCrosse and several other GM vehicles have a defective trunk button/module that can fail and allow spontaneous trunk openings. If you mention the problem to the dealer, they can look up the bulletin and order and r&r the part under warranty.

As for tires , high performance rubber will wear faster as it is a softer compound. 30k for high performance tires is completely normal. I had a set of Bridgestones on an Avalon shot by 27k, and the Dunlop sp sport on my Genesis wouldn't have made it much past 30k either. I rotate and keep at 35 psi religiously.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

edited October 2012
    This morning on starting my CXS the following message appeared in the DIC: "Service AFL." Has anyone had this experience, if so how was it resolved? I've had my CXS for a little over two years and this is my first reportable condition.

When the warning light came on I was not too worried as I was on my way to the dealership to have my tire pressure adjusted anyway so I thought I would ask the service manager about the AFL service warning. To my surprise they had never heard of AFL and they asked if I had a copy of my owner's manual in the car. I said no and that's why you have a computer to do the diagnostics.

After about an hour of waiting they came back with a computer printout explaining what AFL was. But they could not duplicate the condition and I would have to make an appointment for the following week. I politely said I would but this is the second time I've been to this dealership and both times I've received poor service.

To be fair this is a new Buick/GMC dealership which is only three miles away from my home and more convenient that the dealership from which I purchased my CXS. New dealership or not they should have trained technicians to work on people's expensive vehicles.

Nevertheless, I did an internet search and they described AFL as the ability to swivel the HID lighting system with the rotation of the steering wheel. Nice technology but I hope it is easy to service and not prone to premature failure. Read more at: http://www.autotalk.com/buick-introduces-adaptive-forward-lighting-3848/#ixzz29E- - - - - - 84J5nL
    I would say if it's just something that happened once and went away I wouldn't worry too much about it. It sounds like though that you probably should stick with your more experienced dealership. I'm fortunate that we have a very high level dealership here with professional, knowledgable technicians and service managers.
    YES 30.000 MILES FOR TIRES AND ESPECILLY RUN FLATS IS BETTER THAN NORMAL ESCPECIALLY FOR TIRES TODAY , FOR RUNS FLATS , I WORK FOR A BMW DEALERSHIP AND WE ARE REPLACING TIRES AT 20.000 MILES , MOST PEOPLE DO NOT CHECK TIRE PRESSURE , ALIGNMENT ETC , WHICH ALL HAVE DRASTIC RESULTS TO TIRE LIFE , ITS NOT UNTIL PEOPLE SEE THAT A SINGLE TIRES MAY COST 278.00 AND UP DO THEY ACTUALLY TAKE CARE OF THEIR TIRES OR BE CONCERNED WITH THEM , I SEE MORE TIRES BE REPLACED FOR FEATHERING FOR EXTREMLY NOISEY RIDE AS IF A BAD WHEEL BEARING, I CAN SAY I KNOW WHY I DO IT AND WHEN , PERFECT ROADS ARE A THING OF THE PAST , THATS WHY THERE ARE TIRE WARRANTIES
    edited October 2012
    Mike: I agree. The new low profile high speed tires can go for $300 or more and if you get 30,000 you are lucky. I switch to the S & T ratings with Michelin all seasons when possible. I/2 the cost ant 2-3 X the mileage.
    Also find that the BMW set really is not concerned with the price. Guy I know was quoted $2400 for run flats at the dealer for a 5 series. UGH!
    thank you crankee , i can say that most bmw drivers are into their cars , thats why they drive a bmw , but bmws are so much more critical to road vibrations , and handling issuies than a buick driver would be , it seems some buick drivers just nag about certain issuies for they dont understand the vehicle within itself , the more you know about a vehicle any vehicle , the more you truly appreciate its being what it is , as i work on bmws , i do love my lacorsse
    Wow, that is shockingly terrible. Maybe they need to put a placard on dash instruments, "Tires will need to be replaced by 24K", such as when jumping out of park was an issue.

And with the touring package tires, placard should also read, "Not for winter use" in my experience.
    Maybe some education on tire buying is necessary as well. I say that because of my last experience that last time I got caught in a unexpected snow with cold snap. People sliding all over the place, over curbs, into street and power poles, into each other, into my lane. As soon as I could, I parked. Some of it was likely dumb driving, most I suspect was tires not up to the job.
    One thing I liked was that each tire pressure was shown and if off by 1 PSI I corrected. Still 2 went bad by 12K. Missing the each tire feature because I have 1 tire leaking 2-3 psi per month and I always feel it about a week after leveling. Also, GM noted, that their wheels lose air, at least a few pounds per month on aluminum designs.
    Acknowledge that some people are stupid when it comes to tires. This weekend attention was called to step-daughters vehicle by different son-in-law. OMG, inner edge of front tires showing ~1/2" width of steel cords, many broken. That sort of thing needs an [non-permissible content removed] kickin'. I can't imagine what she was thinking. An 09 KIA Sorento with original tires. Granted they are only three years old Michelin OE tires. Can you believe she actually expected the tires to last beyond such low mileage? Only 76,000 miles.
    You might note that nearly all tire complaints on Lacrosse are for the Goodyear/touring package which likely is only a couple percent of all Lacrosse.
    Lesson: Start with a good tire.
    Crankee, I'm glad you seem to have gotten a good one. I was just passing the word as to what GM's man said about this vehicle.
    I likely strive for a higher level of safety, satisfaction, having been responsible for other peoples lives in war and those who fly.
    My many years of experience tell me the world has too many slip-shod, non-careing, send me the check at home individuals. You likely saw the videos of GM workers smoking pot and drinking beer at lunch time.

Getting a good one (not just this vehicle) should not be an accident. And whether the boss man, the mechanic, or even the owner, if you don't know what is wrong you can't fix it.
    This is not the only forum I follow and offer knowledge.
    I had that happen once with only about 2K miles. I rebooted and it had not returned by 12K miles.
    This sort of issue happens to often, in my thinking, reboot the vehicle. Some have posted such that happens while driving that could be safety related. If you see that you are blinding other drivers, I'd suggest getting it in even if message goes away. And if you get one of the other messages or faults that comes and goes, try to discern if it is safety issue.
    I had one saying, "Service suspension system soon" as I was driving out on 3000 mile trip. Vehicle loaded, cut cross town to my dealer. Much delayed and they not wanting me to take their vehicle, loaner, on such trip, it was returned to me with, "Could not find anything. Just reset message." Having bad electronically controlled suspension could be dangerous.
    Good Luck
    MY 2010 CXS with Touring and GY Eagles showed no signs of wear at 18k when I sold the vehicle. I have thm on my 2012 Regal GS now.
    Hello bwia,
    We're sorry that you're having difficulties getting this AFL concern addressed with your dealership. We'd be happy to check into this further with your dealer if you wanted to send us more information via email (include your name and Edmunds username, contact information, the last 8 of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your dealership).

We had similar experiences. One Bonneville had 65,000 on Michelin X that resulted in dry rot/cracking sidewalls before we could wear them out. Same car got 65,000+ on brake pads. Grand prix wore out pads, tires and front end by 60,000 miles so all the results vary by vehicle, driver and tire brand. Our 2010 Lacrosse CXL came with Pilot Michelins that look good at 15,000. Hope they wear well because they list for over $300 due to new low profile (235x50- 18") design. I wonder if anyone has put S or T rated higher mileage Michelins on a Lacrosse and been happy with wear and service? The size and low profile may make the choices limited but somebody may have a good alternative Michelin tire to get mileage and service.
    You have an interesting vehicle since per show room catalog for 2011, the "Touring Package" was new in 2011 model. H-arm was available as option on some models.
    Tires were not worn out by tread depth, although showing some wear, they would not balance per GM service. That could be cupping, separation, etc.
    Which model of GY?
    They were also very problematic on Impala and other vehicles using the LS model. Such a terrible tire that it was quickly replaced with LS2 and per Mechanics I talked to they were no better at the uneven wear, cupping, not possible to RFB.
    Hope you are enjoying your vehicle, glaring interior chrome and all.
    Some may have known defect, but issue I experienced, and others, is that any accidental press of trunk button on FOB results in open trunk. Carrying keys in pocket or purse is hazardous.
    As to tire wear, if I used "worn out" in reference to issue I experienced, it was as in "shot, caput, unuseable". They were "replace" per RFB (road force balance) machine.
    When considering treadwear alone, it is typical that "high performance, ultra performance" tires do lose their usuable tread quicker. That is a trade for ultra sticky tires. If you drive like on a race track you might want/need them assuming you can afford tires and loss of vehicle that often.
    The Eagle RSA price is dropping like the guy who broke the sound barrier yesterday. They are now half the price of Michelin Pilot 94Y and owner rating has dropped even lower. (tire rack)
    We're sorry that you're having difficulties getting this AFL concern addressed with your dealership

Thanks Sarah for your offer of help. My complaint was not with my original dealer (the one I bought my CXS from) but rather with this newly established dealer only three miles from my home. Nonetheless, I will make an appointment with my original dealer who's been great and treats me like the valued customer that I am.

Meanwhile, the "Service AFL Lamp" warning light did not return until this afternoon, so this the problem appears to be more than an electronic glitch. But I hope not serious to interfare with my night driving.
  • doc15doc15 Member Posts: 37
    Drivers seat has "easy exit" but the problem is on ENTRY. Open door and seat will move forward to setting in memory. Moves forward before key is put in ignition. It does NOT courtesy back for easy entry. I see no setting for a delay in car options for this 2010 Buick Lacrosse CXL. I drive in a seat forward position so this creates a problem on entry. Legs hit protruding left side of dash board. Been to dealership 3 times. They say that's how the memory seat system is designed.
    Does anyone know of a fix for this problem?
    Thank You
    doc15
    They are right, there is no "fix" because this is not a problem. The system is functioning as it was designed. On my CXS which has the passive ignition and locking system when I park, depress the button to cut the car off, then open the door, my seat moves back as soon as I open the door. When I return to the car and open the door my seat moves back into the position I desire while I am getting into the car. I have no problems with the way it works personally but if it is an aggrivation to you I would suggest that you turn off the easy exit function, move the seat back where you want it when you get out of the car and when you re-enter the seat will not move until you sit down and depress the desired memory button.
  • dslongdslong Member Posts: 10
    There is no fix, but it is still a problem, with the design. Designed with any thought and the seat wouldn't move until entry is achieved and the seat position button is pushed. Even the fact that you have to hold the button until the position is achieved is a design flaw. Another option may have been a 5 second delay before the seat moves into position. Focus groups, if used would have shaken their heads in disbelief at the operation of the easy exit, seat return function. Luckily, with my vehicle, even with the easy exit turned on the seat doesn't move back when the door is opened 75% of the time. I'm pleased that joelippard3 is happy with this function. I just think if a car has an easy exit feature, maybe it should have an easy entrance feature too.
  • doc15doc15 Member Posts: 37
    Thanks for the information. In my opinion a very poor design.
    Sorry Doc. I too was agravated with the function. 96 Olds I had waited until engine was started for forward movement. 2010 MKS also waits till start button is pushed and retracts upon shutdown.
    And quite aggravating is that GM showed that the time delay for forward movement is adjustable, at least on 2011 CXS. Mine was changed from no delay to 3 seconds delay and a loaner they had me in had a full 5 seconds delay, without other stupid actions.
    The stupid actions being that if wife opened her door first then mine would not move. Or if you left driver door open with seat retracted, engine off, and opened rear door the driver seat moved ahead.
    Someone at GM customer service claimed that some issues were fixed in the NAV update disc, but I would not bet on it. I would have wanted proof before laying out a few hundred dollars for the disc.
    As to courtesy back, if it does not operate as described in manual, as a least, then I'd say you have a valid complaint.
    As to whether GM fixes is another issue.
    on my 2011 buick lacrosse cxl awd , mirrors do work correctly now and without any proiblems , but i am not satisfied with operation of memory seats , i have seat positions set , for 1 and 2 , that works perfect , i do have my seat set for easy exit where the seat moves back , excellent idea , bmws dont do that ,lol, but as far as unlocking vehicle with remote and seat going to correct position, that is a issuie , but i am not hung up on it , there are other car mfg s out there with big time issuies with their product and they have no clue , no clue what so ever , i work for bmw dealer , the product is awesome , but i drive a buick , and will not drive a ford, never mind lease or but one , insane
    i will have this addessed at my next svc next week ,
    i will advise on my results
    I don't remember the exact setting name or exactly how to CXL, but sure it is same as CXS. Mine was CXS with NAV, the big screen.
    There is a separate setting allowing seat to move ahead to programmed position when using remote or the passive entry. If I remember the correct terminology, passive entry, that is when you just pull the door handle and because the key fob is close it allows unlock and opening. Depending upon what programming they may have put in yours, there is a difference of using one or the other. If you have the second of delay, or three second of delay, or extremely lucky to have the longer delay, the seat will still move the instant you push the remote unlock. If you just pull to open you will have the delay.
    That is if it works at all.
    Some have ugly programming GM won't fix where if the passenger door is pulled open first, the seat won't move. And other glitches not for American style, such as seat moving ahead if driver door is left open and rear door is opened. That is if it does not continue moving and crush you against steering or knees to dash.
    Maybe GM thinks they can get away with it without NHTSA forcing fix because you would likely be in a parked situation, but these days many shopping centers parking are under the same control as local roads. Happened as part of economic development changes. And to untangle responsibility for law and upkeep. That is you are not parking in a private lot enabling writing of ticket for bad parking or accident.
    In the end, I'd complain until they fixed what I paid for.
    As to you comments being a diehard Buick man.
    I'm glad someone is sticking their neck out trying to get it all resolved. Hint, you will need to amass an army or much of it will be just shined off.
    After amassing the number of problems I had on 2011 CXS and the fixes on two items, the steering and A/C not cooling as well after fix attempts, I decided I did not want to live at dealership even though they were nice people. That is I can not say the cause of bad fixes were because of mechanic. They follow GM trouble shooting procedures which may have put them in the wrong part of A/C system. Or they may have gotten a bad GM Part. So original complaint still existed.
    And also for the steering column. (GM changed the fix for locking column shortly after mine) I saw the special rack for holding column at dealer, removing and installing. I don't know if damage occurred during removal of old or installing new or they just got a bad new one or missed something upon installing. It created play in the steering shaft that allowed the vehicle to dart with a roadsurface imperfection. Enough to cross the line and nearly sideswipe.
    My experience with two vehicles post GM bailout have me wondering if their better employees bailed when the trouble began and maybe went to foreign name American made. The bailout allowed them to keep operating, but with what were essentially trainees.
    Keep it up, getting GM fixed. As a taxpayer, I want my money back. Before they go bellyup completely. I can only hope the governments share does not require us to make good on retirements when that happens.