Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg

ndmike88ndmike88 Member Posts: 155
edited March 2014 in Volkswagen
Did VW print one??? Does such a brochure exist??? The 08 Jetta brochure lists the S, SE, and the SEL models. No Wolfsburg edition.

Comments

• edppedpp Member Posts: 2
    I bought my car and as soon as I got it noticed that clock ran like REALLY FAST, contacted dealer which did not know what to do, later they and I contacted VW of America, it has been 3 months and nothing has been done to fix it. I need this to be fixed I did not buy a new car to have it not WORK!!!! Anyone else with the problem???
  • classicjettaclassicjetta Member Posts: 6
    This is a very common problem unfortunately. I have an 06 Jetta and it does the same thing. AFAIK, there is currently no fix for it. There was a TSB for this problem on the Touareg, but my dealer refused to run the procedure on the Jetta. (Stupid, I know). I just live with it. It does make you arrive early to your destinations though. :P
  • spaschosspaschos Member Posts: 1
    Hey!

I'm new to posting here on edmunds and had a question or 2. I'm looking at buying the 2007 Wolfsburg Jetta. I have been told nothing but horrible things about the Jetta, save a couple of friends who love their VW's. What is some of your opinions on the car?

Is the Jetta a :lemon: ?
  • ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    Per se, NO! You can definitely get a lemon LESS VW! But given some of the issues that you have probably heard about, the odds are slightly better that you MIGHT get a lemon, vs say a competing model Honda or Toyota. Some of those folks who rate these things say surveyed customers rate domestics higher than Euro cars. My own take is the quality on VW is almost FAR better than either Honda or Toyota. Honda and Toyota do reliability WELL as well have less % lemons with lower quality than does VW does with much higher quality.
  • jakebnimblejakebnimble Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2007 Jetta Wolfsburg edition. Twice, I have had an issue with it while parked on a downward slope. When I go to start the car and put it in reverse, the car will only move forward and will not reverse. Then, the brake and gas gets really tight and I cannot push them at all. I have to turn off the car and restart it several times before the issue is resolved. Any thoughts? I will be taking it into the dealer this weekend.
  • scottwvu03scottwvu03 Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking to purchase this vehicle around the beginning of august time frame. When does the '08 come out? I'm trying to wait to use this as leverage as i think i can get it for 18K or 18.5 at this time in addition to financing at the dealer. Whats the going rate in July and does the 08 come out in august, anyone the purchased this model recently what did you pay?
  • skippytcgskippytcg Member Posts: 10
    We just purchased on in may 2007, and we love it. The size, ride quality and all the options at a good price.
    Currently the only complaint I have is the gas mileage around town. But I assume that will get better with time.
  • sugarplummsugarplumm Member Posts: 2
    Hello! i just leased a 07 jetta wolfsburg..i was just wondering if there was a difference in driving in regular or sport..does sport take more gas? i personally love the way it drives in sport but i never do because i fear it will eat all my gas..one bad thing is that i filled up my tank yesterday and its like two lines above half..it definitely goes fast..any tips as to saving gas?? :P
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    remember your is not broken in yet, wait a few k miles and your mileage will get better
  • sugarplummsugarplumm Member Posts: 2
    I've heard it takes 500, 1000, and 2000 miles to break it in..which one is it? i also noticed that the gas has gotten better. i filled up my tank about three days ago and i have half a tank now..way better then before!!(once every 3 days)..anyways..again does anyone know if there is a difference in driving in sport or regular? :shades: thanks!!
  • micosilvermicosilver Member Posts: 212
    I'm looking to purchase this vehicle around the beginning of august time frame. When does the '08 come out? I'm trying to wait to use this as leverage as i think i can get it for 18K or 18.5 at this time in addition to financing at the dealer. Whats the going rate in July and does the 08 come out in august, anyone the purchased this model recently what did you pay?

VW offers 0% APR for 36 months, cannot get better than that.
    The inventory is running out, and will run out in some regions by the end of August, and the '08's are not even out yet, so you might get stuck without a car if you get too much of a "leverage".
    VW may offer 0% APR, but you need to have a 730 credit rating to get that rate, please remeber next time to mention that. As for leverage i purchased the car OTD for 20,500
  • questdriverquestdriver Member Posts: 8
    I have purchased 2007 Wolfsburg edition (Manual Trans.)from Dallas TX area dealer with 0% for 36 months, my OTD was $19907.

I am very happy with this vehicle. No problem or issues yet. MPG is gradually improving. Last week I got 20 mpg. I have 1200 miles on the odometer.
  • tredferntredfern Member Posts: 20
    3 questions....(1)Can someone tell me what OTD price means? AND, (2)Is there a Jetta Wolfsburg edition for 2008 & how is it different from 2007? Also, (3)when do they come out? We bought the 2007 in July at a Dallas area dealer also...thanks.
    1. Out the Door, meaning , total price you pay driving off the lot
    2.no, Wolfsberg comes out every other year, but the 08 Jetta has 20 more HP.
    3.they are already out
    Thank you for the answers..."Out the Door, total price you pay driving off the lot"...I guess that would mean including tax, title all fees??? But not including interest?
    Thanks for answering, sorry to sound so dumb...
    We like the '07 Wolfsburg (AUTO TRANS.), had it 8 weeks, already put 2500 miles on it...I guess if you want the Wolfsburg, we did the right thing then by going ahead & buying & not just waiting on 2008, did not know Wolfsburg only comes out every other year...20 more HP not important to us, anything else better on '08 Jetta than the '07 Wolfsburg? Did you get manual trans.?
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    This discussion might help you with some of your questions: Out The Door (OTD) Pricing questions.
    Yes OTD is including tax. Havent driven the 08 so couldnt tell you first hand, use the comparison feature on the site for that info. I got the 07 Wolfsburg Automatic
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    I guess that would mean including tax, title all fees??? But not including interest?

Correct...TTL (tax, title, license) and dealer fees are included in OTD. Interest, if applicable, is not.
    Thank you all...
    scottwvu, looks like I paid about $900 more than you did, I also got AUTO, thought I got the car for $600 below invoice?? When did you buy, should a few weeks make that much difference? I bought this one the First week of July, they said the ones that came in after Feb or March or sometime spring were $95 more, also $200 or so more tax or some fee in Dallas area...I thought I did pretty well, maybe not? I made them all mad, talking to several on phone & email, trying to get lower price, each tried to beat the other...asked for below invoice price, my first time to buy a car alone...not fun, a woman dealing with a bunch of not very nice salesman, 1 was pretty nice, but on average I don't really believe a word they say, I know some are good people & honest, I was married to a former car salesman, ... I know it's too late now on this one, buy I would like to know if I got a good deal & if it was $600 below invoice....How did you go about getting the price you wanted, ask for below invoice?? I am about to buy another vehicle in the next few weeks....this Wolfsburg was for my daughter & she loves it..... thanks.
  • questdriverquestdriver Member Posts: 8
    tredfern,

I highly recommend the 2007 Jetta (base or wolfsburg). My mpg has gone up to 25 already at 1500 miles. It is running smoother. It stalled a few times as I am getting used to driving a stick shift after 15 years.

What you have paid is fair in my opinion. Did you get 0% for 36 months? You may buy the Rabbit for your daughter which has the same engine and transmission as Jetta. 2 door Rabbit model may be cheaper than 4 door Jetta.

I researched the price people paid in Edmunds, and went to shop at the dealer on the last day of July. It appears that sales people are eager to make a deal. Within 1 minute the asking price went down by $1500. I bought it from Boardwalk VW in Richardson, TX. Ask for Marcus, he would give you a good deal. He was very nice. Hurry as the 2007 models are selling quickly. Also, try for 0% financing.

Good luck
  • jason4587jason4587 Member Posts: 4
    May I ask where in Dallas you bought this? I've been dealing with Lewisville and they're telling me 20000-21000 for a wolfsburg. I would need an automatic.
  • mooney4mooney4 Member Posts: 4
    Any current dealer cash incentives or rebates on the 2007 VW Jetta Wolfsburg?
  • mooney4mooney4 Member Posts: 4
    What was the price paid excluding tax, license and fees?

Any operational and/or MPG updates??
  • jaa1jaa1 Member Posts: 1
    My daughter just purchased a 07 wolfburg edition. What exactly is different on the wolfburg edition?

Also, has anybody add the ipod docking station when it didn't come on the car?? cost???
    the difference is sunroof, heating seats, 16 inch alloys, leatherette and badging

Ipod docking station costs an extra 100 and is messy with wires. Go to best buy or circuit city and get the wireless one for 40 bucks, its better, I've used both
  • myranassermyranasser Member Posts: 15
    How much did your daughter pay? and why didn't she get the 2008 SE instead?
  • wrightcleaningwrightcleaning Member Posts: 1
    My 2007 wolfsburg is short one wheel. I bought a set of (RSL Burnout) wheels brand new last year. Now I have a damaged one and can't find a replacement. I don't want to buy a whole new set. Please help?
    Have you consulted your dealership?
  • erothmannerothmann Member Posts: 1
    have a 1997 jetta gls looking to switch 5 speed manual for 6 speed manual. Want to keep the 6 speed stock with 6th gear like a .0.70-0.65, any ideas were to find the 6. Just looking to improve high miles
  • siobhannalexsiobhannalex Member Posts: 5
    OK, now I am confused, the dealer told me there was no breaking in period.....I just got a 2008, just broke 1000 on the odemeter.......so what is the true break in time? When do you start seeing better gas mileage? How long do you have to be easy on the engine?
    I think the owner's manual has several suggestions for "break in". I could be mistaken, but seem to recall that by 1000 miles the initial "take-it-easy" period had ended.
    Let er rip buddy!!
    Anyting special I need to do for the Wolfsburg 2.0T? Someone mentioned with a turbo, you have to let the engine idle when starting and turning off the car......I have only had one new vehicle I drove off the lot with less than 5 miles.......
  • ndmike88ndmike88 Member Posts: 155
    We had a 1980 Monte Carlo with a Buick turbo. If I remember correctly the manual said to let the turbo idle for several minutes before turning it off.
    Fast forward to today----------we just bought an '08 Jetta Wolfsburg. The manual doesn't say to do anything special with the turbo and the salesman never mentioned anything. I'm assuming the times have changed and you do not need to let the turbo idle before shutting it off.
    Out of curiosity - I bought an 08 jetta wolfsburg - $21145 - has everything but the navi system........hope I didnt get snowed over.....

The dealer told me the same thing, no break in time but I wanted to ask someone who was not a sales person...............
    I really hate it when the dealer says their is no break in time. Thats bogus! I truly believe the break in takes forever! You will notice a difference in time, how the engine kind of loosens up. I have even noticed that even after like 15,000 miles its finally beginning to feel really good! But, that really doesn't mean its will take that long, but just noticed. 15k isn't really all that much. My dealer told me, my car was already broken in, and I am like, no way, it feels likes its all stiff, and as you drive it, the engine and transmission really work more smoothly. So you can no way judge it too harshly on a test drive, the engine once broken in, will work much better! But, with that being said, once you are past the factory break in mileage, that is when you truly have to "train" your new engine. Letting the RPM's run up and down, so the transmission really works through its cycle. You will be then breaking in the car more, and prepping it for the life of your car. After doing this "Nicely" I have even noticed my car is more smooth and responsive.

So have fun! Newer engines are more durable, but how you treat them in the beginning really preps the life of the car!
    Thank you for telling me this. I am treating this car like a baby and I want to make sure I don't screw myself in the long run.......
  • camarofancamarofan Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg edition that i bought new. i have the oil changed at the dealer and every service preformed at the dealer. my problem is back in january or so i had the oil changed. on the way home from the dealer we get about 1 mile or so from the house (the dealer is 50 miles away), and we smell a oil smell and the oil light comes on. i get to looking at it and the bottom of the car is covered in oil. long story short the dealer sends a wrecker picks it up and looks it over. it is found that the service guy pinched the oil filter gasket. they clean it up redo the oil change and say everything is cool. well i wasnt convinced everything is cool so i negotiated a additional 30k warrenty. well oct 1st or so we take it back to the dealer due to a knocking sound that i had pointed out to them a month or so back ( i think it is a bottom bearing or something like that). in any case dealer is saying they are going to replace motor with a crate motor (which im cool with) but my concern is they are going to rebuild it and i dont want that. are there any numbers on the motor? (like on chevys they have the vin #)

any input would be a great help
  • fho2008fho2008 Member Posts: 393
    When I bought my 2008 Wolfsburg the info for '08 was gone, got a '09 brochure and you're right, you will not find Wolfsburg Edition mentioned anywhere. I'm told they only make 12,000 a year, still why it isnt mentioned is anyones guess.

Someone mentioned that they took a Jetta SE trim, replaced the 5 cyl with the 4 cyl turbo, and they seem to be right. A fun car without the cost, or looks of the GLI.
    Its worth the upgrade!! so much fun!

This post might have more replies in the 08-09 Jetta forum
    I agree.....lots of fun, great car.
  • ndmike88ndmike88 Member Posts: 155
    I agree it's a great car and a blast to drive. I am just looking for some specifics on the 09 Wolfsburg. For instance what do they called the 14 spoke wheels that came on the '08 Wolf? What is the finish?? Silver, bright silver?? That kind of info has to be out there somewhere.
  • bettebbetteb Member Posts: 11
    If you find it, let me know......it will be greatly appreciated. I drove the Wolfsburg (reflex silver so it says) and loved it. The ride was a bit too firm but the 2.0 egine is superb.
    I asked the salesperson what differences there were between a regular Jetta and the W edition---why is there no chrome on the doors(makes it look like a base Jetta) if the brakes had been upgraded, etc.
    I was told that it is an exact Jetta except for the engine and the 17" wheels.
    My salesperson asked if i would like a brochure, and I jumped at the oppurtunity of finding out more about this car. The brochure was 6 pages of info about the Sportwagen with the 2.5 engine, which does not interest me at all.
    I have been all over the VW site..nothing. It's as if this car doesn't exist. Also...have you checked out KBB resale for this car?
    I punched in a 2008 Wolfsburg Edition, gave it all the extras I could think of, and...whoah!!!!
    The depreciation on this car is incredible...I still don't understand why..
    Any information you--or others here--have will be greatly appreciated.
    I apologize for most of my previous post, which asks some questions that seem to have already been answered. (For some reason, I just didn't see them when I posted.)
    Somebody just tell me to buy a VW Wolfsburg :D

And honestly....the VW Jetta threads are a mess!!
    Personally, I hate when cars have that chrome around the windows. Actually, I pretty much hate all chrome on cars.

Anyway, maybe VW's idea is deleting it gives it more of a "sporty" look, rather than the "luxury" look of chrome???
    There someone told ya!

As far as depreciation I'm told VW is second only to Mercedes, what did it say for resale?

AFAIK they make Wolfs every year, why so secretive, I dont know, but I can tell you if you do buy it you will love it, so much stuff standard for the money, and way too much fun!!!!

:D
    KBB gives a 2008 Wolfsburg with only 5k miles a worth of about 12.5k.
    I've never gotten KBB on any trade, so I am assuming it's lower in the real world.
    I have no idea why depreciation on this model is so steep. :confuse:
    I see that for "fair" condition, but that is described as:

Some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition.
    Clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional.
    Tires may need to be replaced.
    There may be some repairable rust damage.

That seems like pretty crappy condition for a car that new. Excellent condition trade in is about $14,500. Unless one is prone to trashing their new car, I would expect a 2008 with 5K mi to be in excellent condition.
    Something isnt right. Who would take a $10k loss after 5k miles? This isnt a gas guzzling suv, this is a GLI in, I'll say it.....wolves clothes......(drumroll) hey I'll be here next friday.

Look at ads for VW's.

Ask your friends what a Wolfsburg is.

I know I have a great car that is fun, has a ton of stuff standard that most dont have as options........I went in wanting a diesel, still do, until then, I'll have fun with my Wolf.
This discussion has been closed.