Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevy Cobalt Fuel Filter

harrisblackharrisblack Member Posts: 28
edited April 2014 in Chevrolet
Has anybody changed the fuel filter? Did you do it yourself or had someone do it for you? Any experiences to share?

Comments

• Options
    cobalt943cobalt943 Member Posts: 5
    Poncho 167:

I thought you would have some input on this subject.
  • Options
    poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    Sorry, I only go on the forum once a week. I can't say where the fuel filter is at but I know it has been mentioned in the forum before. I don't have a Cobalt but like them non-the-less.
  • Options
    Thank you for your response. We know where the fuel filter is, but are looking for information on how to change it and experiences changing it.
  • Options
    daughters06daughters06 Member Posts: 3
    the fuel filter is located back by the truck.. trying to change it now will let you know how it turns out
  • Options
    Okay as I stated it is back under the trunk area and it takes an eight dollar tool and it is a piece of cake.. Good luck :shades:
  • Options
    What kind of $8.00 tool did you use, and what was your procedure? Where did you get the filter?

Thank you
  • Options
    Got the filter and tool at Auto Zone. The tool is used to clamp the fuel line and fit inside the old filter to unlock it.. It is really easy
  • Options
    How did you get under the car? Do you have the part number for the fuel filter and the tool that you used?
This discussion has been closed.