Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon, Yukon XL Door Locks

natedawgnatedawg Member Posts: 1
I just discovered a problem of when I lock my doors with with key FOB or manually, that the back hatch and window won't lock. Sometimes when the doors are locked and go to open the back hatch the security alarm will start ringing. I just simply can't lock the back entry way at all. I've looked at the fusebox but can't see which fuse I should be looking for? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• landpilot51landpilot51 Member Posts: 7
    I have the same problem on my 2000 Yukon XL also.
  • tbreuertbreuer Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Yukon and the rear passenger doors will not unlock with anything electrical (key fob, unlock button or when it is put into park). The doors lock with everything but will only unlock manually. I have replaced the BCM and the fuses. I have had in a private shop and in a dealership no one can figure out anything. The front doors and rear hatch work normally..
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    tbreuer,

I would like to set up a case with GM Customer Assistance. Could you please email me your complete contact information, VIN, current mileage and involved dealership? Also, how many times have you had the vehicle into the dealer?

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • jerry162jerry162 Member Posts: 1
    i am having a simiular problem my driver side front and rear doors wont lock or unlock
  • chevy4life46chevy4life46 Member Posts: 1
    My 09 Yukon XL the drivers side rear passenger door will only unlock/lock manually also.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    chevy4life46,
    Please feel free to email your information as well. Thank you for your post! :)
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • stewart228stewart228 Member Posts: 1
    TBREUR,

I have the same problem on my 2004 GMC Yukon. My rear hatch works properly but the rear passenger doors will not work electronically (remote, unlock button, or auto unlock when in park). any soluntion to you issue?
  • trancourtrancour Member Posts: 1
    Try reprogramming the remotes. This worked for me.
  • seatown73seatown73 Member Posts: 2
    The drivers side door lock on my 2005 Denali is working intermittently. The auto lock/unlock feature works most of the time when shifting in/out of park but both the lock switch and the key fob often fail to lock/unlock. This is only on the drivers side. Is this an actuator problem? Could it be due to a battery issue (seems to be cranking slower lately). Would be great to nail this down prior to visiting the dealership for service. Thanks.
  • seatown73seatown73 Member Posts: 2
    Did anyone ever find a solution to this issue? I'm having a similar issue on my 2005 Denali, where my drivers door locks/unlocks only intermittently. This happens when I use the power door lock switch on the drivers door and either of my key fobs. Would love to get to the bottom of this since I'm inadvertently leaving my car unlocked at times. All other doors are working fine.
  • jatkinson123jatkinson123 Member Posts: 1
    I had a technician put a new BCM put into an 04 Yukon Denali. After it came out of the shop, the rear passenger doors, the rear hatch, and the trunk no longer lock. These vehicles are known to have bad actuators, but I find the likelihood of them ALL going out within the same few days highly unlikely. Does anyone know what may be going on here? Bad installation of the BCM?
  • dfclvdfclv Member Posts: 1
    Did you get your problem resolved as of yet?