Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

GMC Yukon Denali Bench seats and spare tire

realtriferealtrife Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in GMC
The mechanism which holds my spare tire under my 2004 gmc yukon denalli xl broke off i had to stop and put my spare tire in my vehicle.. so i actually have three questions.
1. what cause the mechanism to break off?
2. how espensive is it to repair
3. i guess having the tire lean against the back of my second row of seats was too much preasure because now i cant pull the seat part of the 2/3 bench forward to fold the seats. What can I do?

Comments

• Options
    rshtrsht Member Posts: 277
    Depends on which part of the mechanism that's broken, but, in general its due to either corrosion or otherwise cranked your spare tire too tight...

Again, depends on where its broken, if its just a matter or replacing the crank and cable and etc, or does it require any welding... and also your particular hoist model (with or without lock and etc..); starting at around $110 and up.

Not sure what have you tried, but I would let some air out of the tire first then try and to move the 2nd row seat/seat-back forward manually (if your's is equipped with electrical flip&tumble feature).

Good Luck!
  • Options
    realtriferealtrife Member Posts: 2
    with the seat its not electrical and the tire is no longer there
  • Options
    rshtrsht Member Posts: 277
    Make sure the latch/mechanism (i.e. cable etc.) are not broken or disengaged for whatever reason... Sometimes, if not already tried, having someone sit on the seat (his/her body weight) may help as you pull the latch to fold or move the seat forward... If that works, then it sounds like you need to lubricate the anchor and those moving parts in between to the latch. Hope that works.
  • Options
    jwundy5569jwundy5569 Member Posts: 1
    I have captains chairs for my Yukon. we have a total of 7 in our family. I need to find out if it is possible to find a bench seat for the second or third rows of this vehicle. Anyone have any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.