Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR4 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
Tell us about shopping for your LR4!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• scottdxscottdx Member Posts: 2
    I am seriously considering a purchase for a new Land Rover LR4 HSE with 7 seat comfort pkg. (Quoted @ 52k on the nose + TTL & Fees)

Here are my misgivings. I live about 170 miles away from the dealer, and with the reliability history, ( I know it is highly debated in the community) as well as the oil change needing to be a siphoned oil change, will I be constantly in need of returning to the dealer? I was assured by the salesperson that any ASE certified service center could handle the oil change, I am just not sold on his information.

Any opinions on my situation from experienced land rover/edmunds community members would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
  • 555c555c Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a new white LR4 with Lux and Rear Seat Entertainment. $60165 MSRP and got it for $59600 with an extra $1500 on my trade. Also had them throw in rubber floor mats and wheel locks. No money down, 60 month 4.5% financing $1030 per month. Bought on 10/31 so dealer "worked hard" and came off MSRP. All told, I got about $2500 worth of stuff.

scottdx - as far as oil change is concerned, the LR4 calls for first oil change at 15,000 miles or 12 months! I was shocked to hear that and spoke to the service advisor who mentioned that most people bring it in after 6 months just to be safe. Point is, that 170 mile drive may not be needed that often ... for routine maintenance. Also, your quote of $900 off MSRP seems about right. They are really trying to stay at MSRP for now.
  • mtnbiker5mtnbiker5 Member Posts: 29
    Hows she running? I read where the financing on the LR4 now is 0.9%? That right? Trying to compete with Toyota's 0% now I guess. I'm heading into a local dealer soon to test drive and work up some numbers. I'll post more later.
  • afmf22afmf22 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    We are looking to lease a 2010 LR4 - 36 or 48 months, 10,000 annual mileage, no money down and all taxes and fees rolled into the monthly payment. Rear Seat Entertainment and seating for 7 are the only "must have's". Can anyone give me an idea on what a fair price would be and what the monthly payments would be? Our current lease on our Volvo XC90 is up in April. Any help would be appreciated. We are in NY.
  • mlock6mlock6 Member Posts: 22
    Anyone have an opinion on this SUV with option 7HP? Any chance of getting one at cost or just above?
    Thanks
    Mlock
  • vivaldi1vivaldi1 Member Posts: 1
    Sticker price was 60,165.

Dealer was at first very reluctant to go down from sticker, citing demand and inability to keep the LR4 in stock. I told him that $1500 off sticker was a fair price after researching on the Internet and I ended up getting it. Not sure if that's a good deal, lucky or otherwise.

I think it's key though not to push too hard. If you want the car and they won't budge, don't sacrifice the relationship with your dealer - your relationship with them will go further than a few bucks on a such a fine vehicle.

I will also say that driving the LR4 on the local dealer's 'Hill' incline/decline was something I didn't even know about and it was very effective in helping me accelerate my purchase decision. Now I just need to build one of those hills in my driveway before I get to my garage.

In the Northern Virginia area.
  • buckybadger1buckybadger1 Member Posts: 10
    I thought that this site was great for information regarding my next vehicle purchase. It was between the BMW x5 and the new LR4. I have been a BMW owner for the past 5+ years and can tell you that they make an incredible vehicle. However I wanted something different and a bit more "truck". I purchased a 2010 LR4 about 3 weeks ago.

I really really like this vehicle! First of all the uniqueness to them. You do not see many on the road - i like that. Second this probably is the most thoughtout, effective use of space, vehicle I have ever seen. From the way the seats collapse, tail gate design (easy to use / not heavy at all), simple controls, it just is a well conceived vehicle.

My two cents worth when negotiating. Pull up the invoice price on "true car" and stick to it... I couldnt care less where I bought it from (new dealers). I paid just over invoice (list $54,510 and paid $51k and some change).... they will not let a real "buyer" walk --- let them know today is the day you are buying and this is what it will take to get 'er done.

In regards to the vehicle -- just do it! I really, really like this truck!
  • vascovasco Member Posts: 18
    HI need your opinion on this deal that I am getting, for the 2012 LR4 HSE with CC and 7 Seat package. Sign and Drive with no money down, only the tax,title ,reg, etc for about $1600 due at signing. Monthly payments include the tax, I am located in Orange County CA.

Thanks for your input!

Vehicle Price: $56,325.00
    Market Savings: - $3,675.00
    SmartChoice Price: $52,650.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $4,088.02
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $8.75
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $413.00
    Other: + $29.00
    Flat Add/County Fee: + $10.00
    Electronic Filing: + $18.60
    Smog Abatement Fee: + $20.00
    Documentation Fee: + $80.00
    Balance Due (estimate): $57,317.37
    No Trade-In
    LEASE OPTIONS
    Cash Due 42 months
    12,000 Miles
    $1,500 $794
    $2,500 $768
    $4,000 $729
  • cjd9997cjd9997 Member Posts: 8
    Hello,

I tracked down a 2012 LR4 HSE with climate, special paint, HD+Sat radio, with a msrp of 57100, they are selling to me for 51000 +TTL. This seems like an ok deal and its Green/tan, so its lovely, this is a NEW car. Thoughts or opinions?

thanks in advance.
  • precabprecab Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2013
    Was about to start shopping an LR4 2013 HSE Lux. In first pass I see these don't lease too well by the residual example. In either case a fine vehicle as I work on cost. The last price I picked up in first pass had MSRP 62,861 and invoice of 57,544, however best price was 60,100 offered.

Included HSE LUX
    Prem Leather
    Rear Camera
    Black pack with 19"
    Sat Radio
    Heavy Duty Pack

Coming from a Lexus brand, Land Rover does appear less in need to negotiate as the type of buyers are different than other SUV brands.

Appreciate the some price experiences from others.