Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

GMC Yukon Vibration Problems

jaredvansandtjaredvansandt Member Posts: 1
Hi all,

I have already poured over the forums and found several other threads involving what seems to be my same problem; however, I'd like to pose my problem and get a firm grip before visiting the dealer.

I have a 2007 GMC Yukon SLT with 17 inch factory wheels, P265/70/17 tires--no aftermarket additions, totally stock. I am having annoying vibrations after I get over about 71 mph(it also seems to have some float/vibration problems around 45-50 mph). It does seem as if the vibration is coming from the back but I cannot be for certain. The vibration occurs whether in 2HI, auto, or 4HI. The odd thing is that when I have a full load of people in my Yukon (i.e. 5 or 6) the vibration seems to completely go away. I took it to the dealer today and had them do a road force balance and it did seem to help but only in the slightest sense. From reading the forums it appears this does not seem to be an isolated problem--has a solution been tagged or at least the problem isolated? I greatly appreciate any and all help.

Thanks,
Jared Vansandt

Comments

• Options
    rshtrsht Member Posts: 277
    After read your post, two things comes to mind and they are (Assuming each tire is with the correct pressure):
    1. any possibility of steel belt shift to any of the tires? You will have to take the wheel off on to a spin balance machine and watch the rotation carefully...
    2. how many miles do you have on this 07 Yukon, anyhow, have you thought about checking the drive shaft "rear" U-joint? Its the 45-50 mph vibration (and coming from the rear of the vehicle) made me suspect the u-joint.
  • Options
    phaackephaacke Member Posts: 1
    Did you come to a resolution with your vibration problem on your 2007 Yukon? I also have a 2007 Yukon and in the past month I am experiencing the exact same problem you are describing. From your post it sounds like this is common. Did you resolve your problem. Please let me know, we are planning a road trip but the vibration is uncomfortable when driving above 70 mph. Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Phaacke,

Have you had this evaluated by a dealership already? I don't know the time frame for your road trip is, but if you're concerned about the vibration you're describing it might not be a bad idea to have it in for a diagnosis.

If you decide on this, please let us know as we would like to follow up with you to make sure thing go okay.

Happy Holidays,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    bdsleditbdsledit Member Posts: 1
    I'm wondering if anyone with this problem got it fixed and what the problem was cause mine does the same thing..
  • Options
    adamyukonadamyukon Member Posts: 1
    I have an 03' yukon xl and have been getting the same high speed vibration after 70mph. It also seems to be less noticeable when the truck is fully loaded with passengers but can still be felt. I had my tires balanced and u-joints checked but the problem still exists.  Is it possible my drive shaft needs to be balanced as well? 
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Has the driveshaft ever been out, as far as you know?

I have heard, but haven't actually tried myself, that you can put a hose clamp around the driveshaft and periodically move it to a different position, so as to affect the balance of the driveshaft--in this way you might be able to determine if balance is an issue.

If the driveshaft has been out, it's possible it wasn't marked properly when re-installed, so that could cause an imbalance--expecially relevant if the vibration started after some kind of driveshaft-related repair, or if you bought the truck used and it always had the vibration.

I have to say though that a driveshaft problem would be more likely at low speeds than high.

Might be interesting to see what happens when you rotate your tires next time.
  • Options
    Kyng_Yukon87Kyng_Yukon87 Member Posts: 1
    Having the same problem with my 07 Yukon. Has anyone came up with A solution for this problem?
  • Options
    TucoTuffTucoTuff Member Posts: 1

I also have this problem with my 2005 GMC Yukon Denali 6.0liter V8 except I've got a set of used 295/35R 24" wheels and problem started after installing them and tried everything I know but couldn't figure it out! But then i realized, WTF!😵 ONE OF MY WHEELS IN THE REAR IS A 305/35R24" !!
    Could this be my problem? Or I was even thinking because they were used off of another SUV that the tread wear is different, so I should probably buy all new tires? But DAMN! THESE TIRES COST MORE THAN THE RIM ALONE! I got one estimated around $250! And i don't have $1k to drop on rubber right now, so will i be ok just driving locally? I forgot to mention, my Denali shakes at around 55mph and will get worse up to about 75mph then go away??
    ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!