Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M37

ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
I had a few minutes today so I stopped by to look at the new 2011 M37. I did not get in the locked car, my salesman wasn't there, so I just walked around and looked at the outside and through the windows to see the interior. I left far less excited than I had anticipated.

Hurray....the car comes with Michelin tires...this alone improves the car over the 2010.

The rear looks like G37 with it's bulging taillights. Actually, my impression was that it was a larger G37...the M37 didn't jump out at me sitting in the middle of a batch of G's...I really had to look for it.

The fancy, optional interior japanese wood with silver highlights looks tacky to me...Given the option, I would pay extra to get the std wood..(they had a car with each of them so I could compare them).

The dash layout is different, but really very much the same. The clock moved and the buttons have moved a little, but no big change. It does look better though,,,,more current.

Steering wheel buttons are now more clustered around the horizontal spokes.

Wheels look the same...maybe they are, but if they are different, they certainly are obviously different.

Seats appear identical to those in my 2008 which maybe is good...but it isn't a change either.

I didn't get in the car, I didn't drive the car and, I didn't see if the navigation/computer severely restricts navigation options if the car is moving. I absolutely hate this "safety feature" in my 2008 M35. It's useless finding if the next exit on an interstate has any decent restaurants....etc.

My lease is up in June so I have time to decide if it's time for something different, even though I'm sure the M37 will be the price performer. Or maybe I'll just lease/buy the smaller M...called the G37...but then there's that navigation "safety feature" that I just hate.

Comments

• topaz9986topaz9986 Member Posts: 8
    I am in the market for a 2011 M37 and test drove one yesterday (with Tech package). I was very impressed with the fit and finish of the car. The interior was as nice as it looks in pictures (tranquil feel in my opinion). The wood trim with the aluminum trim had a great balance. Power was more than adequate and more than the outgoing V-8. The car had a nice ride (not as quiet as a Lexus GS) and took turns with ease with little body roll.

Also, for those of you looking for pricing, Infiniti updated their website with the 2011 M and current offers. Both lease and purchase pricing are out there under "Current Offers" (running 2.9% for 60 months on both M's). Also they are running 3.9% on 72 months - something to consider against the lease when you look at side by side comparison (lease vs. buy). The dealer in my area is only willing to discount about $1,500 off of MSRP as of today. I did speak to another dealer in the area and they said they would go to $2,000 off MSRP but reconsider in a month depending on sales volume.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    agree with you whole heartedly about the tacky aluminum accents or washi paper, whatever it is called; its worth the few hundred extra dollars to get the african rosewood trim, or whatever its called now! it really makes the cabin look richer and more upscale!!
  • m4mm4m Member Posts: 76
    edited March 2010
    I got a chance to drive one and have some intial impressions.
    Ride is slightly smoother.
    The drive mode selector is no gimmick. It does affect the driving experience. You can choose from Standard, Sport, Snow and Eco modes. Standard is self explanatory. In Sport you can definitely feel the gears hold longer and throttle response increase. Eco mode is programmed to save gas and even comes with a color coded light that tells you wether you are driving in a fuel efficient manner. Eco mode may be a little too extreme for some. It significantly reduces throttle response and accleration.
    Exterior looks good with the Sport, aggressive lines all around. Only gripe is that I wish the rear was also different from the non-Sport models.
    Interior is nice. Beware of the BMW iDrive-esque Infiniti interface controller. previous models had the arrow buttons to scroll left, right, up and down. Now, you move the round controller completely.

Malbec Black exterior color has red metallic flakes in it. It's subtle enough that it doesn't look gaudy and still looks black.

The one I drove had the Sport and Premium Packages so i didn't get a chance to test the Forest Air AC, surround sound stereo, Active Trace Control or Eco Pedal.
  • slyfox16slyfox16 Member Posts: 37
    m4m, was wondering what the standard mode was like. How many miles were on the demo? Was there any feeling of hesitancy or sluggishness in standard as opposed to the sports mode?
    local Infiniti dealer finally got two 2011 M's in today and while I didn't test drive them, I did get a really good look at the exterior and interior

all I can say is WOW :surprise: :surprise: !!!!!

this new M by far has the nicest Infiniti interior to date! everything is sculpted and has nice textures, ergonomics, etc

I love everything they have done to the exterior! I really love the sexiness of the rear end; they really smoothed it out and put some curves in it and got rid of the big bloaty boxy rear-end the current M has!

overall, really impressed with what Infiniti has done; only critism I can think of is, it is really hard to distinguish it from the current G Sedan! a G was parked next to it and I did not notice the new M at first! not necessarily a bad thing but, hey! also nice to see that Infiniti put on top of the line Michelin Primacy Tires, which should help give the M a smoother ride!!! can't wait to test drive it later this year!
  • j21mj21m Member Posts: 22
    I stopped by my local dealer and got to drive the M37..
    I was so looking forward to this car and found:

Take away the front and rear headlight/taillight treatments and the metal shape looks just like a MAXIMA!!!

It is super fast, but as in my "07 M35, you hear a lot of outside/tire noise, particularly in the back seat when riding there..

The dealer threw an "outrageous" lease price for it, not to mention the "sticker" is more than the Lexus G35, or Jaguar XF, and about on par with the Mercedes E350!!!

Personally, I think it is a great car, but disappointed in the styling and I believe Infiniti is going to be disappointed in their sales activity at these prices...Way too much sticker for this car...
    I have a 2010 Max SV and I pulled up right behind the new M37 at the Infiniti dealership yesterday afternoon and there was a whole bunch of people looking at that and the EX35s around it as well

I had several people come up and look at my car and then the M and then looked confused and ask me if the car was the same :surprise: ; I was like, well take a look at the Nissan emblems and you'll see the difference! :surprise:

man did I get a kick out of that!
  • loudog2loudog2 Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2010
    I saw them at my dealer when I got my oil changed on my G. Since having a baby a couple weeks ago, I'm looking for something a little bigger. The car is gorgeous, except for the cheap/small silver painted rims. I hope you can get the wheel(M56S) upgrade on the M37X and the M56X.

The only thing that shocked me was the MSRP, over $56K for the 37X. For some reason it seems higher than I remember. I looked at the M35/45 when I bought the G, and it wasn't that high. I priced a M56X and didn't like that you have to have a certain color interior with some packages.
  • bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    edited March 2010
    Upgrading the rims to the Sport package rims is far from an inexpensive task. Premium package must go before any other upgrade. I too am not impressed with the 18" rims. Other than that and the very cheap looking painted inside door handles, the car is a winner. I'm only interested in the Base model and premium package which brings me to about 50 big ones. However, once the heavier discounting begins in a few months(after the 2010s are depleted), I'm sure this car can be had for the Mid 40s. If I wait till the end of the year the deep deep discounts will begin. This a sad economy and this is a relatively expensive car. The two don't go well together, which gives the advantage to the consumer if he can be patient. I love this car with what I think is the best interior to date for Infiniti.
  • mechradmechrad Member Posts: 22
    I drove the car and liked it very much (not much to dislike about this car) The exterior says Maxima to me (not a bad think in my opinion) The interior was great I drove one loaded up with all the packages. The upgraded leather is great. I sat in one without the upgrade and I felt like I was sitting on sandpaper given how nice the upgraded leather was. I could not open the car up given a very limited test loop. Seems quick. The price however was a shocker the car I drove went for over 57k, That is a ton of money. They will need to do some serious discounting for this car to sell well (in my opinion)
    I would guess that in a few months the heavier discounting will most likely begin. By the end of the year, it will probably be as substantial as the previous year end discounting which saw over $10,000 off of MSRP. The economy is in the Toilet and luxury cars get hurt the most. Now is not a good time to look for a deal.
  • tizertizer Member Posts: 23
    Edmunds has alraedy posted a $1,000 incentive on the 2011 M and cars direct is selling the M37X with premium package for around $49,300. With the incentive and holdback the dealer cost for a M37X with Premium package would be around $47,000. I plan to wait this out, but the new M is definetly on "my list".
  • topaz9986topaz9986 Member Posts: 8
    Infiniti dealer offered me $2,800 off MSRP of $50,800 for an M37 with Premium Package (I currently do not own an Infiniti). I still think the discounting will increase once they fill their lots up as $50k+ cars arent flying off the shelves lately.
    I took my 2rd ride yesterday - 2wd M37. Premium Package, wheat interior and Black Obsidian exterior. The car look much better in person IMHO and the interior is nicely done. It stickered for a little more than $52k. The ride was smooth and the cabin is very roomy. The seats are more comfortable than my M35S but the pick up is less pronounced than mine. Don't get me wrong the engine is powerful but the off the line power is better in my car. Car felt planted to the road even though it wasn't the sport model. I was really disappointed with the door handle and the fake looking aluminum piece that surrounded it, but everything else looked top notched. The wood grain was beautiful while the nav screen wasn't affected by the sun light like the current model. There are sensors all over the interior for "quality of air" control which was a pleasant surprise and the Bose system sounded better (this was not the 5.1 system). The car looks and fell bigger than my M35S but handled just as well.
    All in all this look like a winner for Infiniti but I'm not quite sure the M56 will sell well at $65k on the sticker and $72k loaded.
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    I like it; no test drive - just sat inside and got to see it up close.

I agree with the sticker shock - M37 loaded is $57K+ :surprise: It'll be interesting to watch sales and see how loaded they come in. Getting my '09 FX w/ Tech was a little difficult.
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    ... but as in my '07 M35, you hear a lot of outside/tire noise, particularly in the back seat when riding there.

Road noise would be a deal killer for me. The M is now Infiniti's choice for their Flagship Sedan (no more Q) and carries a premium price (loaded M37 is $57+ loaded and M56 is $66K); it would have to be significantly quieter than my old '06 M35 to pay that price.
    Many cars today including the luxury sedans have issues with road/tire noise. Even the Lexus GS I drove the other day had some road noise as well. Tire choice can be a factor. At least Infiniti doesn't have the horror stories that BMW has with the runflats.
  • seekingaudia4seekingaudia4 Member Posts: 66
    What turned me off about the Maxima and the G37 was road noise. It is not that I don't like noise, sport sedans suppose to have the excitement of connection to the pavement, but those were just road noise, unlike the European sports sedans the noise is connected to your throttle.

I am tempted to test drive the M37 and see if there is any difference.
  • james27james27 Member Posts: 433
    This car as sold in Japan has (maybe as an option - not sure if it is standard) active noise cancellation that is supposed to be pretty good. I did not see that in any of the literature for the US model, but I haven't scanned it recently. I read about it in the Japanese press release on their international website.

On my M35x, after coming from an Audi A6, the noise on a long trip had me all on edge from the constant, irritating sounds; sort of how the noise on an airplane on a transcontinental trip gets to you. I ended up spending nearly a grand at a stereo shop on a Dynamat installation, that tempered it, but didn't stop it. At least I'm not all on edge after an 8-hour trip like I used to be.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    We've sold all of ours at MSRP so far (we did discount $500 to our previous customers).

Infiniti is offering a $1000 Loyalty Rebate IF you have an Infiniti and if you lease.

We will discount them in late April/May....once folks quit offering MSRP. :)
    Part of the problem is with the tires. The Maxima, G37, and M have come with really lousy OEM Goodyear RSA tires. These tires are the loudest I have ever had on any of the cars I have had and both Nissan and Infiniti should be ashamed of themselves for putting those tires on these premium vehicles.

Now, that is not to say the cars are not partly to blame for the road noise, they are, but tires make up a good portion of how much road noise and feel is translated into the cabin. Interesting enough, the new 2011 M37s at my local Infiniti dealer no longer come with the RSAs but top of the line Michelin Primacy's. That is a tire that is more fitting for these vehicles and should considerably lower the road noise translated into the cabin

I've read several reports from Maxima, G37, and M35/45 owners who once they switched off their crappy Goodyear RSA's and put on Michelins, Kumhos, and Pirelli's on their car found that not only did the ride quality improve, but the amount of road noise translated into the cabin decreased as well.

Just saying, the tires are part of the problem and Nissan/Infiniti better straighten it out. If Nissan can put top of the line Primacy's on the Altima, they most certainly can do it for the Maxima, G37, and M37/56!
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    Drove an M35 with Tech today. My reference is the 2008 M35 that I currently have on lease...and drove to and from the dealer. The M37 is an evolution more than a revolution. The new engine feels pretty much the same...the transmission is smoother, but you still feel some jerkiness when stepping on the gas. Major improvement in the navigation system over 2008. You no longer have to do a hack to use the nav when driving. When driving on an interstate and looking for restaurants, it scrolls (the 2008 didn't). The information display on the top of the screen on the 2008 doesn't take up space on the screen....and there's a display between the speedometer and tach. Mirrors fold in. It's a better feel sitting in the drivers seat..but the seats are pretty much the same (which is good). The michelin tires are noticeably better and quieter.

It's going to be a tough decision when my m35 lease expires in June. $50Kish will buy a corvette, a mercedes E, a BMW 5, a lexus something....my sleeper favorite the Jaguar XK....or a CTS Lots of competition.
    edited April 2010
    If you drove an M37 with the tech package, it is actually an upgrade to the seat in the base 2008 M35. There are 3 different style seats in the 2011 M37. The seat for the base model, the sport package, and the tech package. All 3 are somewhat different. I found the seat in the base model M37 to be somewhat firm with the leather not very soft, and not as comfortable as in the earlier M35 base models. Other than that, the car performs fantastically.
    M37S is indeed a great sport sedan.
    I love the interior. Infiniti has arrived in regards to fit and finish and refinement. You can't really say that Mercedes or Lexus are better any more. What a massive difference from 09 M35. This is my lottery car.
    Given that the 550i has gained a massive amount of weight, I just don't see it outperforming this rolling sculpture.
  • slyfox16slyfox16 Member Posts: 37
    .the transmission is smoother, but you still feel some jerkiness when stepping on the gas.
    I just bought an M35x, after having a BMW 528 for 10 years. I found your comment interesting as I don't find the transmission to be that smooth. I also feel there is hesitation when accelerating. Is this a trait indicative of the M35?
    If comparing transmissions between the M37 and 5 series, there is no comparison as BMW is the smoothest shifting of the two. However, the M excels in the reliability dept.
  • bernsterbernster Member Posts: 29
    I have driven 2 M37s. I noticed engine vibration when stopped at lights on the first one. 2nd didn't vibrate but both had jerky transmissions. 2nd had Deluxe Touring, Premium and Tech. The first only had Tech. Deluxe Touring seats were much more comfortable. I would only get an M with all 3 packages as they are great. I am a techy and could not live without all of the wonderful features.

But I do not like the way the car drives with the jerky transmission. Has anyone driven an M56. If so, how is the transmission? I have a 2008 M45 and it has wonderful seats (even better than M37 with Deluxe Touring), drives smoother than the M37 and just has a better feel when you give it the gas. I would want an M56 with all 3 packages mentioned above without the sport package. I don't think any dealer has one. I may test an M56 with sport just to see how smooth it shifts. The dealer said it would be the same as M37 since its the same transmission. If so, will look at other brands.

I had 4 Lexus 400/430 models and got used to a smooth ride. But Lexus got so boring I gave my last one to a family member halfway through the lease. I will be looking at Mercedes and BMW if M56 is not for me.
    I still maintain that it is too "Maxima-ish" looking for the price...I love my 2007 M35. my lease is up in August, but am terribly disappointed in the way this one looks! Back to due-diligence in finding the right car. :mad:
  • bernsterbernster Member Posts: 29
    Just drove another M37. Not jerky and no vibration. Go figure. Also drove a totally loaded M56 sport. Well was I surprised. I thought the sport would have a harsh ride and uncomfortable seats. Wrong on both accounts. Ride was great and had no complaints about seats. We compared them to the M37 with Deluxe Touring seats and there was not much difference other than slightly stiffer bolsters in sport. Now leaning towards an M56S. Lease is up in 2 months on my M45 so I have some time to think about it.
    edited April 2010
    Of the 3 seats that are available, I believe the Deluxe Touring Seats are probably the most comfortable. The base seat and the sport are very similar and are both quite firm. The texture of the leather on the base seat is somewhat on the rough side.
  • prophetprophet Member Posts: 72
    I drive about 18 to 20 thousand miles a year so I trade quite often. As a previous owner of an 06 & 07 M35, and most recently an 09 CTS, I looked forward to driving the 2011 M37. I was very impressed with it and bought one with the Premium and Tech options this past week.

It drives as well as it looks and the Michelin Primacy tires are as good as the Michelin Pilot Sports I had on the CTS. In comparing the M37 with my CTS and an 03 BMW 5 Series I owned, the M37 is a clear winner. Although they drove well, the reliability on the CTS and BMW left a lot to be desired.
    edited May 2010
    Wards Auto has named the 2011 Infiniti M as having the best interior for premium priced sedans. This is over Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, etc

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1044201_wards-auto-rates-2011-infiniti-m56-fo- r-best-luxury-interior
  • scottw58scottw58 Member Posts: 38
    Topaz they are dicounting the car $5k now..go through a buying service if you cant get the deal below It $200 below invoice.

I just received this email from USAA buying service last night. Sales must be slow for M37despite what some sales guys here are posting. Do your research before buying! Here is email: Or contact USAA directly or another buying service. Or just negotiate this deal or better! I'm still waiting for $3,000 below invoice before I pull the trigger. I still like my M45 enough to be patient and not over pay for this fast depreciating car.

From: USAA Car Buying Service [mailto:dealer_callback@zagdealer.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:46 PM
    Subject: Your price has dropped

2011 Infiniti
    M37 4dr Sedan RWD
    YOUR OLD PRICE: $500 above invoice including incentives
    YOUR NEW PRICE: $200 below invoice including incentives (about $5k off MSRP)
    YOUR PRICE DROP: $700
  • scottw58scottw58 Member Posts: 38
    Agree with your review. The car is not much different inside vs old one. We have G37 and M45. G37 is too tight for me.. My wife loves it though. M45 feels a lot bigger inside. I hate that navigation too. Ok to talk on cell phones/bluetooth and text in Georgia while driving but I can't click 1 button on navigation. :c)

I'm going to also look at new redesigned BMW 5 series coming to showrooms next month. Much quieter car and you can use navigation while driving! I had 2006 BMw 750.
    Navigation has improved on the 2011 M's...less is locked when driving: you can now select more points of interest, not just the five they've chosen; you can find points of interest along your route (e.g. on interstates); you can now scroll to see the 20 nearest restaurants (etc). It's better, but still you are limited.

The BMW navigation is nice when it works! the salesman and I tried to put in an address by saying the house number, street, city, state in one sentence and it took us 5 tries. When that works, it's terrific...but that's only if it works for you.
    The BMW and MB competition to the M are still definitely more refined in a couple areas then the M, especially in ride quality, engine noise, road/wind noise level, etc but with each generation of the M, Infiniti is getting closer and closer to matching BMW and MB refinement in those areas! Personally, I like the M over the latter because I enjoy that little more sporty/aggressive sound, noise level, ride quality, road feel that it has, that the BMW and MB do not!

Personally, and after reading the initial reviews and test drives by C&D, MT, etc, I think the best bet and more refinement in noise levels (both engine, wind, and road) is getting the M37 with one or two packages to it because the M56 is outrageously priced! I mean my God, a semi loaded M gets into Lexus LS prices and for that, I'd rather be in the much more refined LS then M56

Personally, I would be in the M37! I really don't need a V8 though I do give Infiniti some credit that with that super powerful V8, there is only a 1mpg reduction in fuel economy for over 400 hp! Thats pretty impressive!
    My m35 is in the shop and they loaned me a G37 with 1000 miles on it. I'm about to replace my M35 which is coming off lease so this was a good opportunity to drive a G in real life. The G37 is an incredibly quiet,peppy car with a tight/sports suspension....it falls down on interior finish, loud A/C fan and seat comfort (for me), but the engine/drivetrain are fantastic, as good as the 3 series I test drove, if not better. I'll be going with an M37...but I might just drive an M37 sport before I decide on the M I want to the lease.
  • bingy22bingy22 Member Posts: 3
    Hi All:

If anyone is fortunate enough to get an american express 150/500 offer, can you please send to infm37 (at) yahoo.com

Thank you
  • alfstinky1alfstinky1 Member Posts: 92
    Test drove an M37X w/prem today. The power was very good and transmission which people are not liking I had no problem at all Even switching from econo to sport it shifted fine. Handling was good and roomy inside. Tires were quite both highway and local streets. The interior I found to be very lacking in a luxury car. The door handles which on my sons G35 are chrome are plastic here, and the so called wood trim is more like laminated plastic. The seats are fine and the dash and nav screen are nothing special. As the interior goes (very cheezy) this car at 53K is grossly overpriced. Looked at an Acura TL and except for the seat quality the interior trim is every bit as good and the outside mirrors at least have turn signals built in. This car should have an msrp around 45K not 53K. Very disappointed after what I've read about the interior being so superior.
    I think it's relative....the interior is certainly much nicer than the 2010 M35. If you want a beautiful interior, buy a Jaguar....light years nicer than anything else in the class.....and it has a V8. It just has a lousy leasing plan and questionable resale.

Lots of choices....and living in SW florida, I have to tell you real A/C seats trump most of the other issues (it's not ventilation in the 2011's...it's a separate cooling unit).
  • alfstinky1alfstinky1 Member Posts: 92
    Yes I agree the Jag has a very nice interior and the A/C seats on the M37x were a very nice feature that works well also.
    Yeah, I think Infiniti has delusins of grandeur with their pricing...I would do another one only if I could get the same lease price as my "07 M35, with Tech Journey Spoiler Mud Flaps, $1200 out the door $593 w/ tax incl.

I'm thinking they have to get real!
  • lsmdlsmd Member Posts: 4
    I drove the 2011 M37x.What a great car. As much as I love my 2008 M45x, the new one is probably better. Can't wait to drive the M56, a car not made for the world energy crisis.(wife drives Prius, so we average out) I think Infiniti out handles BMW any day. Also drove the 2011 535 BMW---handling was surprisingly terrible---very isolated feel, loosie goosie steering--way worse than Lexus. New Nav on the '11 is much improved, not sure if it still restricts functions when car is in motion. Interior is less angular, exterior lines not as Oriental looking to me. Saw the silver dust paint flakes in the wood---waste of money in my opinion.
    edited June 2010
    Had a '11 M37 over the weekend, here is my comment about IPOD/MUSIC:
    I love the iPod interface (wired with the USB Port), especially the ability to navigate from the steering wheel and to scroll both slowly and quickly through thousands of tracks right from the steering wheel. (After holding down the steering wheel's menu forward button for a bit, the scrolling gets very fast, showing the first letter of the track as it moves through the alphabet); ALBUM ART WORK (albeit small) and full track and album info are excellent in the audio display mode, AND track info is also shown below the map when in the NAV display; The sixteen speakers on the touring package sound very good and produce tremendous base if desired; Bluetooth Audio works well (but shows no track info with my ipod touch) Ability to switch directly to ipod or bluetooth audio just by saying ipod or bluetooth audio. (Just in case your wondering about the last point, I kept my iphone in my pocket and kept an ipod hooked up to the car.)
    This is the best ipod integration I've seen.
    Turned in my 08 M35 and picked up 2011 M37 today...both base cars with premium. The m37 is much stiffer.....Transmission is at times smoother, but has trouble finding gear if you are slowing down and then hit the gas. Navigation much improved....ipod interface much much improved...seat actually gets cold..not just cool (yay!). Interior door handles...weird; Doors lock automatically; if you don't wear seatbelt,no annoying beeping. It's a better car...
  • keithlkeithl Member Posts: 106
    Well I had an I30 then I35, but when the G35 came out I hated the interior and wound up buying Acrua TL last few cars. Well while my 09 Acura TL SH-AWD was an awesome rock solid machine I just never took to the styling or beak. I kept wanting a G, but just never felt it was a good move. Well now the M37 is out and OMG! I drove a Base Premium and was impressed, but coming from my SH-AWD TL felt the ride was too soft for me. Saturday I took out a M37 Sport Touring and WOW!! I finally negotiated a good deal on one today and took it home. Beautiful car, ride is nice, perfromance is excellent! I'll miss my TL, but not likeliy for long...
    edited June 2010
    The new interface which uses a USB cable (the one that came with your iphone will charge your iphone), but that's it.

Even though this is a 2011 car, it works only with iphones that came out in 2008 or earlier. Grrr!
    qhstudio
    check this link out, looks like there is a software update:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f1f5d11

HTH
    I found it was my iphone....and an obscure problem. I had to delete all networks and then it worked with the M.