Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

GMC Yukon 2007 KeyFob Issue

rsmitty0151rsmitty0151 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in GMC
I have a 2007 yukon and the factory key fob(s) quit working full time. They will only work if you open the door with a key first, and then after about 20 seconds they will stop working. I tried the most obvious thing, so I changed the batteries twice yesterday on both remotes...no luck. Reprogrammed the fob , same thing still. Any ideas on how to fix my dilemia. It's driving me crazy.

Comments

• Options
    madman1968madman1968 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Your only solution is going to the dealer and have reprogram your keyless entry modulo...I had a problem like it with mine XL'07 Denali(actually has 214 K miles) and I was charge $128 for reprogram the modulo(and if you like your remote starter and unlock and lock your car in the middle of winter)is well worth it.
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    rsmitty0151,

Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • Options
    mariosroormariosroor Member Posts: 1
    Well someone would tell you to go to the dealer and have them reprogram your module. But why pay them over 100 dollars for that. Just disconnect your battery compleately and that should take care of the problem. I was there and dealership only wanted money. Disconnecting your battery reseats the module you will have no problems after that.
This discussion has been closed.