Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Shipping Delays for the Ford Explorer?

gribes13gribes13 Member Posts: 3
edited October 2014 in Ford
I ordered a 2011 Limited Edition Explorer March 29th and I still do not have it 12 weeks later. Does anyone know of any delays from the factory?

Comments

• Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Did you order bordeaux red or tuxedo black? Both of those colors are on hold due to the lack of a Japanese made ingredient for the paint.
  • Options
    The color of the vehicle is Platinum White. I have also heard that there are some delays for future 2011 Explorers purchases based on lack of materials from Japanese sources. I have the schedule from Ford that states the vehicle is done, but it is just sitting at the plant...
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    edited June 2011
    Then in that case, it's a logistics issue with UPS who handles the transportation of all Ford vehicles from the factory to the dealer. It's probably stuck on a brown truck somewhere. :P

Sorry - have nothing to offer.
  • Options
    Hey - That sounds like one of the excuses I got from my dealership!
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    My Bordeaux Red XLT was ordered about the same time. I have had it for 3 weeks.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    More likely than otherwise it came in to the dealer and was sold to a higher "bidder".
This discussion has been closed.