Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2011 Chevrolet Aveo

dhart2dhart2 Member Posts: 7
Please forgive me if this post shows up again...I am new...our 2011 Chevy Aveo hatchback 1LS seems to be very "hot" after running in town...no warning lights...just smells hot. Is this normal? There are very few miles on it as we got it about a week ago.

If this is not normal,, can a better quality air filter or plugs better than "factory installed" help with this? Thank you for any comments.

Comments

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    A brand new car will get that hot smell as a protective coating on the exhaust system burns off. Perfectly normal and it will go away once you've got a bit more time in running the car.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply...the car is certianly not broken in yet...95 miles...but that smell will get your attention! Hey, thanks, again!
  • Options
    I recently took our 2011 Aveo to our local GM shop after developing an acceleration vibration/noise problem. They could not find the cause and contacted Detroit...

I should point out that it has not hindered performance at all, but it is "there" and it shouldn't be. The Aveo has 1500 miles on it.

Chevy in Detroit told our local GM technician that they are aware of this problem...and are trying to find the cause.

Has anyone encountered this? Does anyone have suggestions? Thank you for any response.
  • Options
    gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Dhart2,

I looked into our database here and did not see any further information regarding this concern. If something is published, I will be sure to let you know.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    wplanckwplanck Member Posts: 5
    Sounds exactly like my problem. After 3 trips to service they told me they cannot fix it and to live with it. I do believe they tried to fix it but could not.
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    wplanck,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Have you spoke with GM Customer Assistance? Did your dealer involve Technical Assistance? Can you please send me your VIN, current mileage and involved dealer? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    Christina, I have passed this info along to your customer service, and frankly...I'm not holding my breath waiting for anything positive to happen.

I was told by customer assistance absolutely the same thing that the dealer told me... that I would be contacted if there is a fix. The customer service person could not discuss any specifics. I waited for a call from tech assistance "between 11:00 and 2:00"...that call came at 2:20 (answering machine) after I left my house...and with both of these calls, the English was hard to understand.

Frankly, I am getting to the point where I am calling this "lesson learned".
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    dhart2,
    Please feel free to email me your case number and I will look into this situation for you. Enjoy your weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    ncastellanosncastellanos Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased an Aveo sedan 2009 with 50000 miles
    And it vibrates when it reaches from 37 to 40 miles per hour.
    I changed all tires aligned and balance twice and it still vibrate
    Any recommendations I will appreciate to fix it.
  • Options
    "Christina, I have passed this info along to your customer service, and frankly...I'm not holding my breath waiting for anything positive to happen.

I was told by customer assistance absolutely the same thing that the dealer told me... that I would be contacted if there is a fix. The customer service person could not discuss any specifics. I waited for a call from tech assistance "between 11:00 and 2:00"...that call came at 2:20 (answering machine) after I left my house...and with both of these calls, the English was hard to understand.

Frankly, I am getting to the point where I am calling this "lesson learned". "

Exact same thing here. I have obtained 7 new Chevy's in the last 9 years at the same dealer. They are basically telling me to go away. GM loyalty? Ha Ha.
  • Options
    I filed a complaint with the BBB this week. First time for me.
  • Options
    Besides the noise that they say they cannot fix, the AC is inadequate. My 2011 Aveo is black. Perhaps a light color would have helped a lot?

I have 13,000 miles on my Aveo. When I make turns I hear a creaking noise that seems to be getting worse.

I have invested over $19,000 in this Aveo.

I feel betrayed by GM. If they don't make this right I will never own another GM car.
  • Options
    GM and the dealer have replaced my 2011 Aveo LT with a 2012 Impala LT. I'm satisfied.
  • Options